Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer (29796 Views)

Tiwa Savage To Star In MTV Shuga Series Season 3 / Ice-Prince To Star In 'House Of Gold' Yvonne Nelson's Movie / Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by Rhino5dm: 10:14am On May 17, 2012
Vibe-weekly can exclusively reveal through reliable sources that Nigerian singing idol D'banj and his Grammy award winning counterpart Kanye West have just wrapped up shooting a movie in Qatar.

The untitled production is a thriller set in the oil rich country and it’ll see the acclaimed singers as hardcore bandits in their dual acting debut. Clearly, the bond between the Koko Master and Kanye keeps growing stronger, despite the internal wrangles the former has recently been embroiled in with his ex-longtime producer Don Jazzy.

West on the other hand has garnered a lot of media attention lately due to his romantic relationship with reality TV star Kim Kardashian

www.afritickets.com/site/news_44.asp?catID=133

1 Like

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 17, 2012
And?
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by yemmight(m): 3:55pm On May 17, 2012
Me i beleive so much in Dbanj. Right time to dump Don Jazzy.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by MrGlobe(m): 3:56pm On May 17, 2012
They don come with their publicity stunt again. who is the idi/ot that moved this to the frontpage?

7 Likes

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by cyril83(m): 3:58pm On May 17, 2012
Mavin record nd its crew r in hot soup....
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by cyril83(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
They don come with their publicity stunt again. who is the idi/ot that moved this to the frontpage?
...why di m.o.r.o.n sef open nd contributed to di topic...nawa for Nlanders

3 Likes

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by vpriest: 4:00pm On May 17, 2012
Na so...tel dem!
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 17, 2012
cyril83: Mavin record nd its crew r in hot soup....
hot soup? How?? Smh
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by kaiter: 4:03pm On May 17, 2012
Nice post thanks for sharing.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by nerodenero: 4:06pm On May 17, 2012
A nice one for the kokomaster as his fame is gradually increasing but I think Dbanj had paid the ultimate prize that comes with fame associating with these American stars.Whichever,thumbup to him!
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by trigar12(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2012
NOTED. Lemme finish smoking ma CIGARETTE. Brb

1 Like

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 17, 2012
;Dcant wait to see the movie!
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by sylve11: 4:09pm On May 17, 2012
if dem like make dem act Indecency movie self, na their cup of tea. cool
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by blackboi(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2012
9ice move... Two GOODHeads are better than "two heads"cheesy
Ride on skiBange, me I dey for ya backcheesy

Binu-Binu, feel free to DiE; the choice is yours8)
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by omar22(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2012
whats the name of the movie ? May be it should be called "the great escape "
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by atuboweke(m): 4:20pm On May 17, 2012
Yesterday : dbanj unreleased album leaked, Today: dbank shooting movie with west. Come on; who is trying to impress us or compete with MARVIN? because all these dbanj this , dbanj that , started since MARVIN released its latest album. Dbanj my foot. sorelooser.

1 Like

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by sylve11: 4:21pm On May 17, 2012
omar22: whats the name of the movie ? May be it should be called "the great escape "

No! Escape from sobibor. cool
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by akogunwhite: 4:21pm On May 17, 2012
Dbanj....jooor....nice one baba!!!!! Let ur enemies die like judas oo.....thank you for making africa proud....
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by blackboi(m): 4:21pm On May 17, 2012
trigar12: NOTED. Lemme finish smoking ma CIGARETTE. Brb
#MomToldMe: smokers are liable to die youngundecided
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 17, 2012
Wan ni mo lo wo wan ni month shey illuminati.
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by chemberlin(m): 4:25pm On May 17, 2012
Cyril83, wetin concern mavin records and dis issue now? Cos una self like to dey talk rubbish...shey dbanj dey contest with them? Seriously allow everyman to make his pay where his destiny leads him and stop talking rubbish...am expecting u to congratulate the star and wish him well not for him to start looking for kokolet he will Bleep and they will now jail him for assult...

2 Likes

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 17, 2012
Aim for the moon.If you miss,you will fall among the stars. . . .Bros move on jare,let God deal with all your ibotic enemies. cool
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by MrGlobe(m): 4:28pm On May 17, 2012
cyril83: ...why di m.o.r.o.n sef open nd contributed to di topic...nawa for Nlanders
Are you not foolish? was that a contribution? I just saw the headline and wanted to shake my head at how one guy keeps deceiving dumb poor Nigerians like you. In a world where there is internet, dumb Nigerians are still being deceived.

Kanye West, Kid Cudi Working On Video Project In Middle East?

Kanye West and Kid Cudi seem to be up to something. The two are rumored to be shooting a video project in the Middle East, in Qatar.

Kanye and a film crew were spotted in the nation late last week, outside the capital of Doha in Education City. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the country's Doha Film Institute is helping back the project. And according to student sightings, Kanye, along with desert animals like camels, was spotted on set. Other sources say that locals were used as extras and that they were dressed in a "culturally sensitive" manner.

A source said that the project will be similar to Yeezy's 2010 short film, "Runaway," which was released in the lead-up to his album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

"It's going to be approximately 30 minutes long, in between a long-form music video and short film," the source said. "Kanye conceived the story, which is set in the Gulf. It's supposed to showcase the beauty of the region, a piece that's culturally sensitive and embraces the customs and traditions of the region."

Further information about Cudi's role in the flick wasn't given, which seems to be the way the rapper wants it. An eyewitness told the Doha News that "the whole thing was pretty top-secret."

The video shoot comes as fans are eagerly anticipating the release of Kanye's G.O.O.D. Music compilation, which may coincide with the release of this super-secret short film. And with Kid Cudi appearing on the album, it would make sense for the two to be doing something together.

While there is still no release date for the G.O.O.D. album, Mannie Fresh shared that it's all "pretty close" to finished. "The cool thing about G.O.O.D. Music is it's a bunch of great ideas and I'm one of those ideas," he explained. "[Kanye's] trying to find the most talented producers, most talented artists, put 'em all in a room and say, 'Go for it. Y'all energy, like whatever is creative to y'all.' "

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1683847/kanye-west-kid-cudi-video-project-middle-east.jhtml
ofcourse dbanj might get cameo appearance to help protect his brand since he has a 'relationship' with kanye which he is trying so hard to use and boost his image. He is however not signed to good music though. check their website angry angry

2 Likes

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by 190: 4:32pm On May 17, 2012
Na nollywood fit am
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by KINGwax(m): 4:33pm On May 17, 2012
atuboweke: Yesterday : dbanj unreleased album leaked, Today: dbank shooting movie with west. Come on; who is trying to impress us or compete with MARVIN? because all these dbanj this , dbanj that , started since MARVIN released its latest album. Dbanj my foot. sorelooser.
fuckin saddist
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by ZUBY77(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2012
Why can i buy 50 000 copies of the movie before they start shooting it ? I guess in Qatar. I am off to Qatar.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On May 17, 2012
D'banj's poplicists are really working very hard to register his name in people's minds even when he's not doing anything. If he's not kissing rihanna in times square, his twitter account is being hacked or his unfinished single is being leaked and now this. Abeg, make we hear word. All na fabu.

5 Likes

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by eghost247(m): 4:49pm On May 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Are you not foolish? was that a contribution? I just saw the headline and wanted to shake my head at how one guy keeps deceiving dumb poor Nigerians like you. In a world where there is internet, dumb Nigerians are still being deceived.

Kanye West, Kid Cudi Working On Video Project In Middle East?

Kanye West and Kid Cudi seem to be up to something. The two are rumored to be shooting a video project in the Middle East, in Qatar.

Kanye and a film crew were spotted in the nation late last week, outside the capital of Doha in Education City. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the country's Doha Film Institute is helping back the project. And according to student sightings, Kanye, along with desert animals like camels, was spotted on set. Other sources say that locals were used as extras and that they were dressed in a "culturally sensitive" manner.

A source said that the project will be similar to Yeezy's 2010 short film, "Runaway," which was released in the lead-up to his album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

"It's going to be approximately 30 minutes long, in between a long-form music video and short film," the source said. "Kanye conceived the story, which is set in the Gulf. It's supposed to showcase the beauty of the region, a piece that's culturally sensitive and embraces the customs and traditions of the region."

Further information about Cudi's role in the flick wasn't given, which seems to be the way the rapper wants it. An eyewitness told the Doha News that "the whole thing was pretty top-secret."

The video shoot comes as fans are eagerly anticipating the release of Kanye's G.O.O.D. Music compilation, which may coincide with the release of this super-secret short film. And with Kid Cudi appearing on the album, it would make sense for the two to be doing something together.

Dbanj is not signed to GOOD MUSIC THATS A BIG FAT LIE DBANJ IS SIGNED TO GOOD MUSIC
While there is still no release date for the G.O.O.D. album, Mannie Fresh shared that it's all "pretty close" to finished. "The cool thing about G.O.O.D. Music is it's a bunch of great ideas and I'm one of those ideas," he explained. "[Kanye's] trying to find the most talented producers, most talented artists, put 'em all in a room and say, 'Go for it. Y'all energy, like whatever is creative to y'all.' "

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1683847/kanye-west-kid-cudi-video-project-middle-east.jhtml
ofcourse dbanj might get cameo appearance to help protect his brand since he has a 'relationship' with kanye which he is trying so hard to use and boost his image. He is however not signed to good music though. check their website angry angry

HOW CAN U SAY DBANJ IS NOT SIGNED TO GOOD MUSIC? HE IS SIGNED TO GOODMUSIC
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by MrGlobe(m): 4:57pm On May 17, 2012
eghost247:
HOW CAN U SAY DBANJ IS NOT SIGNED TO GOOD MUSIC? HE IS SIGNED TO GOODMUSIC
STFU, its a partnership not signed. you can differentiate from the two, cant you

3 Likes

Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by Kayuzze1: 5:16pm On May 17, 2012
Dbanj.. I beg kip doin ur thing.. No mind this people jare
Re: D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer by ifihearam: 6:01pm On May 17, 2012
But na wa for una for this place sha

So beccos Dbanj parted ways with don jazzzzy automatically makes him an enemy to some of you abi?

Why can't you just show him some encouragement likewise his contemporaries? Na competition ni?

Infact all Dbanj's haterz will end up like Ghadaffi or sadam hussein

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Crazy Tobi's Fan Feeds Him Via TV (Photos) / Throwback: The Village Headmaster (1968-1988) / New Wife In Soup: Mr Macaroni, Mercy Johnson & Mide Martins (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.