Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back (61326 Views)

I Won The Election. They Took Me To Court & I Won. I Am Proud Of Myself- Tinubu / "We Brought Down Crashed Helicopter' - Bandits Claim Responsibility / Kano Igbos Meet Ganduje, Reject Call For Relocation Of Fulani From South (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by TruthHurts1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
We brought in Fulani from Mali, Sierra Leone, Senegal, others to win 2015 election, after election, they refused to leave — Kawu Baraje

Abubakar Kawu Baraje has traced the origin of the current insecurity in the country to the influx of Fulani from neighboring countries like Sierra Leone, Mali, Senegal, Niger and Chad brought into the country for election purposes in 2015.

He said this in Ilorin as part of activities to mark his 70th birthday anniversary.

He also backed self-help initiatives of the south west governors, stating that re­sponses of Sunday Igboho to the herdsman menace were necessary because the Federal Government failed in its prin­cipal responsibility to secure life and property.

Baraje said that the ruling party was only wast­ing its time.

According to the former PDP chairman, who also once served as the party’s national secretary, chairman of the breakaway faction of PDP that formed the nucleus of the current ruling party, the Fulani men causing havoc in the country are not aboriginal to Nigeria.

“We are not asking the right question on how the same Fu­lani we have been living with suddenly turned out a menace.

“We also must ask how they had access to their guns,” the ex-party chairman asked.

Baraje stated the Fulani men wreaking havoc in the country are not the Nigerian Fulani. “The security agencies have not been open about the nature of the problem.

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/25824-we-brought-in-fulani-from-mali-sierra-leone-senegal-others-to-win-2015-election-after-election-they-refused-to-leave-kawu-baraje/

67 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Irenetales(f): 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2021
I believe this

349 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by fulaniHERDSman(m): 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
grin
Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by ThreeEyedRaven: 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
The truth is coming out little by little. And this marriage would loose every thread holding it.

350 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by CodeTemplar: 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
That's a civilian coup.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
Fulani will always remain here. Fine thin people
Abegz click the link on my signature and invest that money u are keeping in bank. It's just there for bank to be pinching everyday..invest jor
Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by baralatie(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
God! See how trouble start

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Charmingrascal(m): 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
Nothing but the truth.

When I was a little boy I used to go Fulani settlements with my Dad sometimes we boarded canoes to take us across big rivers just to get to them.
My Dad is an health worker and the Fulanis preferred his services so they were always calling him when there were sick people. (He did house service, my papa like money. Lol) and the Fulanis had money too, legitimate money made from selling their cows, grains and birds/chickens. Those days Fulani were nice people, I would always get maishan (very sweet butter/oil like stuff) and many other things, they were so nice and lovely people. As secluded as their settlements were we never got scared of going there, they stayed inside thick forest but we still felt safe with them
As a young boy I always said I would marry a Fulani lady because they were so beautiful, friendly and nice people.

I am talking about 14 to 15 years ago.

What went wrong? F*ck!

Modified: I think those killer Fulanis that started terrorising Nigerians are not Nigerian and Buhari's failure to decisively deal with them led to the escalation of their killings and that also encouraged some Nigerian Fulanis to join them.
Fulani groups that are suppose to condemn the killers were also being biased in their judgement, instead of fishing out the foreigners that are killing people among them, they decided to allow tribal sentiment overshadow their sense of reasoning.

If Miyetti Allah had chastised them instead of covering up for them things would not have escalated to this extent, also I will blame Buhari for not taking decisive action.

It is not too late Miyetti Allah should tell Nigerians among them not to join those foreigners in perpetrating crime, they should urge them to fish out the killers among them and the government should not be biased in handling this Fulani issue, Buhari or whoever is in charge of the affairs of the Nation should be decisive in dealing with these Intruders.

289 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Asgard13: 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
Na why Tinubu mouth jam.. e no fit talk .. the bone hook well..

Apc is evil...

Nigerians need to wake

295 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by LikeAking: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ruuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Draslo(m): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
A 70 year old man cannot just say this without backing.

226 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by kettykin: 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
give me 10,000 biafran soldiers and fulani will be history for life, Nigeria military is too weak and inept to drive fulani bandits out

211 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Optional09: 11:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
Now that’s treasonable offense with evidence

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by doggedfighter(f): 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2021
This is the reason they have been unable to curb them.

Buhari was right when he said that they are foreigners .

But failed to tell us how he brought them into the country.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Lyrics269: 11:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
Where is the proof One Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by LilyColin(f): 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2021
Divide this shithole asap.

The Deadman is a real GOAT in FAILURE

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by oglalasioux(m): 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Nothing but the truth.

When I was a little boy I used to go Fulani settlements with my Dad sometimes we boarded canoes to take us across big rivers just to get to them.
My Dad is an health worker and the Fulanis preferred his services so they were always calling him when there were sick people. (He did house service, my papa like money. Lol) and the Fulanis had money too, legitimate money made from selling their cows, grains and birds/chickens. Those dayd Fulani were nice people, I would always get maishan (very sweet butter/oil like stuff) and many other things, they were so nice and lovely people.

What went wrong? F*ck!

They are still nice people. The marauders wreaking havoc were imported by politicians. It's unfortunate that no Nigerian politician ever read the book Frankienstien's Monster.

26 Likes

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Racoon(m): 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2021
They will continue to self expose themselves as the heat gets hotter.Jonathan Vasta tell of how they used wicked malicious lies and propaganda to poison the populace.
The northern governors are now confessing how the secretly rewarded bandits & it is back firing with more daring kidnapping & waste of lives.

Well, thank goodness they are also reaping the evil they all sowed but unfortunately, innocent Nigerians are suffering it with them.No wonder Buhari have said a lots of contradictory statements about these Fulanis while promising them point of entry visa to Nigeria.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by johnmartus(m): 11:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
The person that is talking self he is a fulani from Mali oo.But they are all claiming ilorin because one stupid religion .

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by KosiGee(m): 1:36am On Mar 06, 2021
kettykin:
give me 10,000 biafran soldiers and fulani will be history for life, Nigeria military is too weak and inept to drive fulani bandits out

Give me the 10,000...I’ll select 2000 from them and pursue the fulanis till they either perish in the Sahara desert or the remaining ones jump in and drown in the Mediterranean Sea.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by ebuka440: 1:56am On Mar 06, 2021
You see! Imported them to rig and win election and are now causing chaos in this country.

God will soon scatter them Fulani importers

26 Likes

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by general111(m): 2:13am On Mar 06, 2021
True..
I reside in the south.
I noticed that mose aboki's are no longer nigerians..
Nigeria is no longer safe oh

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:11am On Mar 06, 2021
if Nigeria is a sane country by now buhari, El rufai, sultan of sokoto supposed to be jailed in Hague for Genocide.the country is fvcked up

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Never4getU: 6:11am On Mar 06, 2021
For believing it may ur life never shattered

100% truth!

Irenetales:
I believe this

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by NOwazobia: 6:19am On Mar 06, 2021
Wonderment
Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 06, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Nothing but the truth.

My Dad is an health worker and the Fulanis preferred his services so they were always calling him when there were sick people. (He did house service, my papa like money. Lol) and the Fulanis had money too, legitimate money made from selling their cows, grains and birds/chickens. Those dayd Fulani were nice people, I would always get maishan (very sweet butter/oil like stuff) and many other things, they were so nice and lovely people.

What went wrong? F*ck!

Yes Fulanis and the herdmen used to be nice people back in the back in the years but not anymore

5 Likes

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by ShenTeh(m): 6:41am On Mar 06, 2021
The brazen effrontery with which our [northern] politicians mortgage this country and her future because of a slice of the national pie is unprecedented.

We must reassess our continuity as a united people.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by capitalzero: 6:46am On Mar 06, 2021
TruthHurts1:

[img]https://images./2rtjwv8CMaEcZOwp2YvmkZ.jpg[/img]

Abubakar Kawu Baraje has traced the origin of the current insecurity in the country to the influx of Fulani from neighboring countries like Sierra Leone, Mali, Senegal, Niger and Chad brought into the country for election purposes in 2015.

He said this in Ilorin as part of activities to mark his 70th birthday anniversary.

He also backed self-help initiatives of the south west governors, stating that re­sponses of Sunday Igboho to the herdsman menace were necessary because the Federal Government failed in its prin­cipal responsibility to secure life and property.

Baraje said that the ruling party was only wast­ing its time.

According to the former PDP chairman, who also once served as the party’s national secretary, chairman of the breakaway faction of PDP that formed the nucleus of the current ruling party, the Fulani men causing havoc in the country are not aboriginal to Nigeria.

“We are not asking the right question on how the same Fu­lani we have been living with suddenly turned out a menace.

“We also must ask how they had access to their guns,” the ex-party chairman asked.

Baraje stated the Fulani men wreaking havoc in the country are not the Nigerian Fulani. “The security agencies have not been open about the nature of the problem.

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/25824-we-brought-in-fulani-from-mali-sierra-leone-senegal-others-to-win-2015-election-after-election-they-refused-to-leave-kawu-baraje/

Mynd44 Lalasticlala

This man should be arrested. It is self- confession

2 Likes

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Vickym1(f): 6:55am On Mar 06, 2021
The raw truth is finally coming out and FG knows this buh beating about the bush. FG caused the insecurity happening in the con3 buh ran out of solutions on how to solve it.

21 Likes

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Blakpot: 7:47am On Mar 06, 2021
Now it makes sense. I'm sure a large number of them are the same Tuareg rebels the French army fought in Mali.

Sorry but this banditry n terrorist problem is here to stay.

Its a shame the ppl elected to govern a country just happen to be the ones destroying it.

27 Likes

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by ivolt: 9:01am On Mar 06, 2021
This story is misleading.
This is like saying Boko haram are foreigners because they have foreign collaborators.
Ask the victims in the Northwest and they will tell you their tormentors are well-known. Foreigners could have joined the local bandits because no foreign bandits could be this effective in striking and hiding in the forest.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back by Bampeh: 9:01am On Mar 06, 2021
This is what they call "Gobe"
What were they promised?

Bampeh want to know the truth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Questions Obasanjo Asked Jonathan In Abeokuta Meeting / Soldiers Take Over Lagos Island As Hoodlums Harrass Shop Owners / Supreme Court Judges Shake Osinbajo's Hand (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.