Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? (40464 Views)

Bride Intercepted On Her Wedding Day By Another Man She Promised Marriage In Oyo / The Moment A Bride Poured Food On Her Groom On Their Wedding Day (Video) / Bride And Groom Look So Sad On Their Wedding Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by FreeSpirited: 8:51am On Mar 07, 2021
edoairways:

So it is nice for a grown up lady to cry I suppose. What kind of stereotype society do we live in
Hope u are okay....what the fvbck u mean abt stereotype....in your African culture, do groom cry during traditional marriage ceremony? isn't it a common emotional scene for bride to cry? so fvckery are u talking abt stereotype
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by vikstandon(m): 8:52am On Mar 07, 2021
When you felt it was an unachievable height and project...
And when you have spent part of your life with proposals hitting the rock.

Lucky you if your first proposal went through...

When you have been heartbroken on a countless time... Only to meet your heartrob later... And finding how you would have made a colossal mistake with your earlier proposal.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by daddymummy(m): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2021
Lordpeckxy:

It is you and your family that are stupid.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Aug28th(m): 8:59am On Mar 07, 2021
FreeSpirited:

I wish someone who cried during his wedding could make a comment
A friend of mine cried during his wedding last October coz his mum wasn't present.
He lost his mum in 2019.

It's different strokes for different folks
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by FreeSpirited: 9:00am On Mar 07, 2021
Aug28th:

A friend of mine cried during his wedding last October coz his mum wasn't present.
He lost his mum in 2019.

It's different strokes for different folks
now I understand..But my own cousin who cried in his wedding has both mom and dad...I was embarrassed for him..lol
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by FreeSpirited: 9:04am On Mar 07, 2021
vikstandon:
When you felt it was an unachievable height and project...
And when you have spent part of your life with proposals hitting the rock.

Lucky you if your first proposal went through...

When you have been heartbroken on a countless time... Only to meet your heartrob later... And finding how you would have made a colossal mistake with your earlier proposal.
Lol.. funny...I still don't get, maybe cos I haven't suffered heartbreak...na me dey break heart..so it's weird to propose and the gal won't accept
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Godmademan(m): 9:15am On Mar 07, 2021
If you consider the weight of debt incurred cos of wedding, e reach to cry
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by HRprof: 9:16am On Mar 07, 2021
May be or maybe not
When they remembered they are buying a product without expiring date!! I come in peace
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by joe4christ(m): 9:18am On Mar 07, 2021
Only simps do that. Real Niggas don't shed emotional tears. Never!!! angry
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by edoairways: 9:20am On Mar 07, 2021
FreeSpirited:

Hope u are okay....what the fvbck u mean abt stereotype....in your African culture, do groom cry during traditional marriage ceremony? isn't it a common emotional scene for bride to cry? so fvckery are u talking abt stereotype
Both shouldn't cry in the first place. Those fake tears wouldn't change the fact that they are married. Whatever behaviour or attitude you see been exhibited on wedding day was copied from somewhere
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by tareigns(m): 9:23am On Mar 07, 2021
BabaJoe001:

Am not surprised at you because its obvious you are a Goat who came out from an unfortunate bitch you call Mother. Am only Mad at the idiots that liked your posts. Yes you are free to attack me for abusing your Useless Mother. i only helped you to finish the work. cos you have belittle her Already. the only thing should could give your Father is Sex. its not your fault. na the woman Mad. she should had Aborted you. Idiot.

Bro/sis, (I don't know which one you are) but what you said to that person is wrong in all ramifications. He/she doesn't know you and I am guessing you don't know him/her too. Don't bring the woman that brought Him/her to this world into it. Be careful with what comes out of your mouth please.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Bigredmachine: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2021
daddymummy:
It is not true.

Men don't cry.

Crying is a woman's thing.

Also a woman might shed tears of joy during wedding because she has succeeded in finding someone who would feed, cloth and house her.

She has found someone who would pay the bills, school fees and etc while the only thing she would offer is sex.

She is the one who is gaining.

So why shouldn't she shed tears of joy?

A man would not shed tears, but he may be sad to realise that the only thing he would get out of the marriage is sex.

He realized that if not for his compulsive desire to have sex,he would not marry.

The desire to have sex is given to him by nature, so that his labour would be spent to satisfy a stranger whom he calls a wife.

The stranger would then give birth to children whom the man would feed, cloth, house, and pay school fees for.

Maybe he feels cheated by nature, but he would not cry because crying is not a man's thing.

Some of you guys won't make heaven with such comments u make here on naira land grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Donspicey: 10:19am On Mar 07, 2021
phodoraz:

No o, the one you shed before finding me doesn't count o. That one you will shed when you see me walking towards you and as you lift my veil and look into my beautiful eyes and angelic face is what I want. I no want blood biko

Hmmm....

Ok nah Asa Nwa....

Ebonyi?.....
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by jacoik(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2021
daddymummy:
It is not true.

Men don't cry.

Also a woman might shed tears of joy during wedding because she has succeeded in finding someone who would feed, cloth and house her.

She has found someone who would pay the bills, school fees and etc while the only thing she would offer is sex.

A man would not shed tears, but he may be sad to realise that the only thing he would get out of the marriage is sex.

He realized that if not for his compulsive desire to have sex,he would not marry.

The desire to have sex is given to him by nature, so that his labour would be spent to satisfy a stranger whom he calls a wife.

The stranger would then give birth to children whom the man would feed, cloth, house, and pay school fees for.

Maybe he feels cheated by nature, but he would not cry because crying is not a man's thing.
lolxxxxx hahahaha guy u kill it. abeg cone my location my I give u 6 bottles
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by daddymummy(m): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2021
jacoik:
lolxxxxx hahahaha guy u kill it. abeg cone my location my I give u 6 bottles
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 07, 2021
Donspicey:

Hmmm....
Ok nah Asa Nwa....

Ebonyi?.....
Not at all. I'm not Igbo sef, pure Delta. Just like the igbo language.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Donspicey: 11:26am On Mar 07, 2021
phodoraz:

Not at all. I'm not Igbo sef, pure Delta. Just like the igbo language.

Lovely....

Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Heavance(m): 11:39am On Mar 07, 2021
It happens.
I believe it is the garment of responsibility that brings the tears out, you won't even know when it happens.
Mine was very short when my parents (mostly when my mom held me) were praying for me, I had to quickly adjust as the tears came.....
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by mechanics(m): 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Hahhaha, I didn't shed years during mine.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Saao(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
theForth:
So sorry man.
thanks alot.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Merryglad(f): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2021
I think they are flooded by emotions and that's the best way they can express it. Imagine how selfish this world is then you find someone who decides to spend theirs with you... That feeling is overwhelming.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by richie240: 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
daddymummy:
It is not true.

Men don't cry.

very well put.
If not for legitimate sex and need for procreation, a man has absolutely no gain in marrying.
Even d phrase "settle down" subtlety indicates a 'lowering'.....a kind of 'bringing down' from an esteemed/elevated status.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by butpro(m): 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
I cried on my wedding day. The cried was because , before the wedding in 2014, I had less than 600 with my fiancee(my wife now), when we started buying this buying that, we realised we were having less than 300k or so, I haven't paid for the caterers, drinks, hall and others. Like 3-4 days to the wedding, I started having feeling the wedding was not going to be successful., I even dreamt that everyone left before the wedding started. Noone was giving financial supports, and we were to cater for over 150-200 people, I was just out of youth service, I was able to saved 177k which I have spent from. In a nut shell, I felt like running away on the eve of the wedding. It was a day program. As God wlud have it we were able to down 3 cows..... We bought[b][/b] enough drinks. When we finally finished from the reception..... I looked out from the vehicle and started crying, my sister and my uncle came to meet us in the vehicle, I discovered I couldn't stop for more than five minutes, I was so happy, elated proud of the success of the everything.......... Even though I didn't taste from the food cooked on my wedding day o. Some still said they didn't eat anything. I'm happily married by His grace.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by butpro(m): 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Merryglad:
I think they are flooded by emotions and that's the best way they can express it. Imagine how selfish this world is then you find someone who decides to spend theirs with you... That feeling is overwhelming.
You said it all, emotion.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by shunletsam(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Mine was actually triggered by a memory of my parents when my elder sisters were asked to say a prayer for me... Naso the tears just started flowing uncontrollably...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by dontbothermuch: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
SeniorGee:
It's usually on the wedding day that most guys realize dey av entered one chance!

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Tunagee(m): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2021
Why the tears over woman wey go still leave you when all chips are down with you, as in, no money to fulfil your responsibilities.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
Lashist:

See ehn...sometimes e dey pain me as dem dey bash women..lol...but naija ladies no dey try..most are the same likely cus of how the economy is..you sef chk am na

All ladies are not the same. come on

Are all men same too?
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Emeraldgreene(f): 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
[Sorry.much love to you...quote author=Saao post=99672209]So many reasons. I shed tears on my wedding day because I grew up as an orphan which I'm already used to but that day, I was so alone that, I couldn't help it. I wish I could have a mother for just today if possible or Dad or siblings, that thought kept going through my mind that forced me to shed tears.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by daddymummy(m): 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2021
richie240:

very well put.
If not for legitimate sex and need for procreation, a man has absolutely no gain in marrying.
Even d phrase "settle down" subtlety indicates a 'lowering'.....a kind of 'bringing down' from an esteemed/elevated status.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Lashist(m): 7:21am On Mar 08, 2021
StacyO:

All ladies are not the same. come on

Are all men same too?
Of course. I mean what most are doing eh...the way they want to use sex to manipulate men into stuffs...they have used sex as a weapon to lure men into giving them anything. In as much as we bash you ladies here, some of us still get serious babes for house that we hope she isnt like the rest cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Guys Shed Tears On Their Wedding Day? by Kirkman: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2021
HRMK:
na so dem dey marry woman for wia u for come?na olosho or wetin...........??
Nor be so brotherly, what I meant is that there is a kind level/extent of seriousness that a man would show just to get a man's daughter, no matter if her papa be iron bender or his heart is made of stone, he go mellow down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Arrive Traditional Wedding In Wooden Platforms Carried By Muscular Guys / African Man & Malaysian Woman Wed (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Weds Her Oyinbo Husband In Style(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.