Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man (61075 Views)

2024 UTME: Pure Water Seller Who Dropped Out Two Years Ago Scores 309 / We Were Abandoned In Cyprus & Dropped Out Of School - Dancing Security Guards / Facts About Korna Anongo Terhemen Who Dropped Out Of UI Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Machinegun91(m): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2021
it shall come to pass
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by SapphireBlue: 9:09am On Mar 07, 2021
Dagger111:
But when I got to medical school, I realised that Medicine is about cramming, memorising terminologies whose origin you don’t know. So, I lost interest in academic work but I still managed to pass and got to the teaching hospital.

The bolded is the fact, we crammed alot, i realised this when i got to Sch of Medical Sciences too.

The thing is that in Medical school , the workload is TOO MUCH.
can you imagine doing all of Anatomy , biochemistry and physiology in one year.
These are courses that when done individually, take students 4 years to conclude.
Yet Medical students are supposed to finish them all in part 2 and be able to explain (not cram).
Cramming is not the problem, it is the volume of work to be covered within a given time that is draining.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by kunletech: 9:10am On Mar 07, 2021
I got an admission into polytechnic Ibadan, studying Electrical Engineering. I dropout in my second year due to financial problem.
When I got a good job, I went back to university of Ibadan to study Psychology. Glory be to God, I graduated in the year 2014. The journey wasn't easy, but I succeeded in the journey.

The true matter is; never ever give up on your dream, be determine in life, believe in yourself and believe in God.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Protein0: 9:10am On Mar 07, 2021
wallay77:
Will never get depressed when I have my molly and trams always...Bleep nigeria,Bleep the education system...wicked people everywhere t
Being an addict might be worse tho.
It's like using urine to wash off saliva angry

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by blazepascal(m): 9:10am On Mar 07, 2021
its not the end he still coming up at least hes chemist shop is loading

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Kinematics: 9:11am On Mar 07, 2021
jefdr001:
I see many symptoms of bipolar affective disorder in this fellow, but still he couldnt be helped by anyone. I pity our medical schools, especially the public schools, so structured for the smart and rich. I wish they can put mechanisms in place to help previously smart students that are falling apart. I remember once when a colleague then a lecturer told me my brain was full of pus, that I was good for nothing, about that same time my girlfriend of 2 years left me for a working class guy. I almost lost my sanity but God kept me. Not many people can go through our medical schools and remain sane.

Spot diagnosis.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Prajonis: 9:11am On Mar 07, 2021
jefdr001:
I see many symptoms of bipolar affective disorder in this fellow, but still he couldnt be helped by anyone. I pity our medical schools, especially the public schools, so structured for the smart and rich. I wish they can put mechanisms in place to help previously smart students that are falling apart. I remember once when a colleague then a lecturer told me my brain was full of pus, that I was good for nothing, about that same time my girlfriend of 2 years left me for a working class guy. I almost lost my sanity but God kept me. Not many people can go through our medical schools and remain sane.
You can imagine! Nigerians are so mean and inherently wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Fuckyoumod: 9:11am On Mar 07, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
kindly explain how this relates to the man's case cool
what you don't know is bigger than you sir.

Learn this first, that what you don't know is bigger than you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by neonly: 9:12am On Mar 07, 2021
uuzba:

I don't know how to put this. But are we not seeing animals living their lives? Rat, lizards, birds, frogs, chickens?
Human being is more advanced than all of them, and yet human being is the one that cannot survive.
WHY?
God that made human beings, is it a trap that he set for us? To die because can't find job? Is intelligence TOO MUCH now, that people cannot use
common sense to survive again?
I don't mean to belittle anybody's hardship, but this is seriously an issue for YOU to discuss with God Himself!
No matter how bad things are, I CAN NEVER COMMIT SUICIDE because, RAT, LIZARD, BIRD, FROG, CHICKEN.... will be laughing at me for being useless and unable to find food upon all the intelligence I have over them.
Please
Please
Please,
Go and rethink your life and find a GOOD WAY to survive WITHOUT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYBODY.
If you must sell your phone, SELL THE FUCKING THING and live offline and a simple life.

Don't be too harsh on d guy depression is real how u fall into it sometimes u can't be explain u justvfind yurself in it
Just thank God for yurself dat all and pray not to fall into depression
Even some so call rich guys still fall into depression
It comes in different form wife religion finance friends etc
Just be grateful dat all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by nograv: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2021
SapphireBlue:

We are all different human beings and react differently.
The fact that you did not resort to depression does not mean that every other person is strong enough not to.
What you should be doing is empathizing.
Life is hard enough as it is.
Thank you.

You sound like a woman..

In fact it was my mother who first understood I suffered from Depression at young age, she told me to fight it.

I would scream and cry on the way to school. She would slap me, telling that me as a man who is meant to lead his family there is no time for such nonsense.

Was she wrong in her approach? A little bit, but that lovely woman wasnt lying.

She was right time waits for no man.

The babes dont care if you are feeling down, they will happily bleep someone else if you are down or cant bring home the money.

Your competitors wont take it easy on you because you are depressed.

If you work for someone else your boss wont say pele take a day of.

We are Naija, in simple terms a day is 1 (I ate) or 0 (I did not eat).. That is the harsh reality of life for a man.

I feel for him, somedays I open my eyes and the world looks grey and I want to jump off the highest bridge for days at a time.

But as a man I must rise to my feet and provide for my family and children. As my fore fathers have done..

6 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by molas02: 9:14am On Mar 07, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
kindly explain how this relates to the man's case cool
Did you read the post at all?
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by dazzlingd(m): 9:14am On Mar 07, 2021
This guy purpose on earth was terminated by a delusional environment...if he had been born in other parts of the world, he might have been a solution to one human problem

7 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Protein0: 9:16am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian:

I was once a medical student, now a doctor. Go back and read my post.
And you think a depressed 500L med school drop out without strong support system could have done those things u said?
Someone who performed orchiectomy on himself?

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by SapphireBlue: 9:18am On Mar 07, 2021
nograv:

You sound like a woman..

In fact it was my mother who first understood I suffered from Depression at young age, she told me to fight it.

I would scream and cry on the way to school. She would slap me, telling that me as a man who is meant to lead his family there is no time for such nonsense.

The babes dont care if you are feeling down, they will happily bleep someone else if you are down or cant bring home the money.

We are Naija, in simple terms a day is 1 (I ate) or 0 (I did not eat).. That is the harsh reality of life for a man.

I feel for him, somedays I open my eyes and the world looks grey and I want to jump off the highest bridge for days at a time.

But as a man I must rise to my feet and provide for my family and children. As my fore fathers have done..

Keep rising to your feet and being a man.
DON'T LOOK OUT FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH.
one day ,you will jump off that bridge for real and your family and children will move on with their lives.

What the hell is WRONG with nigerians?
Since when is the issue of mental health a gender based one?
My brother , continue to be the man that you are and don't admit that you are liable to making mistakes, maybe you are going to understand better from your GRAVE.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Hassanmaye(m): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian:

I was once a medical student, now a doctor. Go back and read my post.
How was the impunity in the medical school?
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by ayobj: 9:24am On Mar 07, 2021
Very sad story.

I can position myself in his shoes.Medical school is very difficult,IN UI,it was super difficult with unhelpful lecturers and no mentors or encouraging words.
I was in the medical school around this time period but he was so much my junior.However,the face looks very familiar.
Its sad everything went sideways.
lessons from this and what i tell people from personal experience.

1.Dont force anyone to read any course no matter how altruistic the reasons are.
2.If u start feeling the heat early on and in three years,throw in the towel.This may be hard in a poor country.
3.Our schools need to start thinking out of the box.How about giving this guy one year away from the deep competitive and difficult terrain to get himself and come back to school.
4.For people that cant absolutely cope,a way should be arranged for some soft landing.Learnt there is an increasing number now.
5.Feeling sexual urges is normal and not a weakness.
6.Then our dependence on certificates will require a new re orientation and paradigm shift

6 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Hassanmaye(m): 9:25am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian:

This is why I hardly reply people on nairaland because one may just be arguing with a dumb school dropout or a child. Or in this case, both.
This guy you know get joy I swear so went all along to dig a fact to smash this guy

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 07, 2021
sammycarz:
the spiritual controls the physical

agreed!
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by SapphireBlue: 9:28am On Mar 07, 2021
ayobj:
Very sad story.

I can position myself in his shoes.Medical school is very difficult,IN UI,it was super difficult with unhelpful lecturers and no mentors or encouraging words.
I was in the medical school around this time period but he was so much my junior.However,the face looks very familiar.
Its sad everything went sideways.
lessons from this and what i tell people from personal experience.

1.Dont force anyone to read any course no matter how altruistic the reasons are.
2.If u start feeling the heat early on and in three years,throw in the towel.This may be hard in a poor country.
3.Our schools need to start thinking out of the box.How about giving this guy one year away from the deep competitive and difficult terrain to get himself and come back to school.
4.For people that cant absolutely cope,a way should be arranged for some soft landing.Learnt there is an increasing number now.
5.Feeling sexual urges is normal and not a weakness.
6.Then our dependence on certificates will require a new re orientation and paradigm shift

That's the truth!!!!
But somebody who commented above is of the opinion that as a man, you should not be depressed.
This is the 21st century and people who claim to be educated do not know how terrible depression and some mental health disorders can be.
It is rather disheartening , my God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Hassanmaye(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2021
kunletech:
I got an admission into polytechnic Ibadan, studying Electrical Engineering. I dropout in my second year due to financial problem.
When I got a good job, I went back to university of Ibadan to study Psychology. Glory be to God, I graduated in the year 2014. The journey wasn't easy, but I succeeded in the journey.

The true matter is; never ever give up on your dream, be determine in life, believe in yourself and believe in God.
Congratulations to you. You have the courage to go back, I know a friend who committed suicide after resiting 3times in medical school, our educational institutions is so corrupt and wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Hassanmaye(m): 9:31am On Mar 07, 2021
nograv:

You sound like a woman..

People are going through alot but our leaders in ramifications of life don't care,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by nograv: 9:36am On Mar 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

People are going through alot but our leaders in ramifications of life don't care,

Sadly they do not bros..

So we must look after ourselves and one another.

I lost count of how many times I have rained down curses on our leaders..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by AreaFada2: 9:36am On Mar 07, 2021
miraculousGod:
The medical profession can be frustrating. So many doctors are depressed.
learn how to create white board animation videos for just a token. my number is showing underneath this post
Good idea
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 07, 2021
You are an Idi-t.
You lack empathy and compassion.
Shame on you!
thesicilian:
If you voluntarily dropped out as you said, why didn't you write jamb to take up your desired course? And with the level of intelligence you claim, why have you not done anything meaningful with your life in terms of business?
I think you should go and beg your village people to release you from the contract you signed with them.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by SapphireBlue: 9:37am On Mar 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

This guy you know get joy I swear so went all along to dig a fact to smash this guy

I'm still trying to understand the point of bringing out that post.
I need help as to how that post proves I'm a dullard with no capacity to think.
A post for an admission that has already been secured?
He couldn't carry on with the argument so he went that far.
Now ,see who has got insecurities.

He claims to be a doctor (medical, I hope) but still reasons this way.
Me wey never finish school even understands that empathy still has a place in our existence as humans.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Goodzinny: 9:38am On Mar 07, 2021
E no go better for the person that did this to you. Walahi!!
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by ivolt: 9:38am On Mar 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:
This is not joke please, I know a friend who has been writing resit exams for 5years, his parents are struggling, in a country where to get a job is difficult, he is so depressed, this weaked lecturers don't care, the wickedness in our educational institutions is too much, and If a student try to commit suicide or even kill a lecturer they will blame him.
You want to kill a lecturer because you can't pass an exam others have been acing?
Blame your friend for forcing himself into a field he couldn't cope to begin with. Even if he got in by mistake, he should have corrected it in the second year.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by barragan: 9:40am On Mar 07, 2021
He's definitely mad.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by SapphireBlue: 9:40am On Mar 07, 2021
bunto:
You are an Idi-t.
You lack empathy and compassion.
Shame on you!

Thanks.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
It is UNFORTUNATE that people still do not know the gravity of mental health struggles and even make insensitive statements about it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 07, 2021
So true ! cry
I wish people would stop relying so much on the leaders.There is so much we can do to help each other. But people are no longer compassionate and kind.
Some people are even insulting the gentleman, how heartless can you be?
So many people behave online as if they were raised by wild animals...
So saddening cry
Hassanmaye:

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by AreaFada2: 9:42am On Mar 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Lots of people in prison already had mental health issues for years without help

A whole lot of social issues are due to mental health and learning disability issues. But because they are not addressed or managed, people can end up on the wrong side of the law. Poverty of course worsens the situation.
Helping these people is helping the society at large.

A more caring society would have supported this dude with lots of empathy and help manage his condition to the benefit of everyone.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by SapphireBlue: 9:44am On Mar 07, 2021
ivolt:

You want to kill a lecturer because you can't pass an exam others have been acing?
Blame your friend for forcing himself into a field he couldn't cope to begin with. Even if he got in by mistake, he should have corrected it in the second year.

It's not about forcing yourself into a field.
A lot of these students who develop challenges along the line were previously high flying students academically.
Do you think that if they could see the future, they would go ahead and do a course that is capable of ruining them mentally?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers State University SUG President, Miracle Anele And His Personal Bodyguards / What Was Your First GPA &now Your Current CGPA / Guy Congratulates His Girlfriend After Her NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.