Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man (61083 Views)

2024 UTME: Pure Water Seller Who Dropped Out Two Years Ago Scores 309 / We Were Abandoned In Cyprus & Dropped Out Of School - Dancing Security Guards / Facts About Korna Anongo Terhemen Who Dropped Out Of UI Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 07, 2021
Please stop responding to @thesicilian.
He obviously lacks empathy. One of the ones that promote Narcissism in our society.
Medical Doctor my foot! Even if he is, there are "Doctors" and there are "dokitas"! undecided
SapphireBlue:

obviously, you know NOTHING.
I advise that you take a tour of medical schools in Nigeria and see how they affect some previously brilliant students to the point that they feel they are no longer useful for anything else.
If you have never suffered depression especially as a MEDICAL STUDENT, you won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by 9jaRealist: 9:51am On Mar 07, 2021
sad
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Zetty177x: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian:
If you voluntarily dropped out as you said, why didn't you write jamb to take up your desired course? And with the level of intelligence you claim, why have you not done anything meaningful with your life in terms of business?
I think you should go and beg your village people to release you from the contract you signed with them.

NLANDERS...u guys don't read properly. Or understand property. .the guy is not claiming any level of intelligence..this dude has bipolar disorder. U think u should go n read about it. If u have experienced them in ur family or friends u will understand. It's a minor form of madness.. coupled with depression

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by deavicky(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2021
The mean reason for his struggling is "village people" but he seems not have understood it yet.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by nograv: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2021
SapphireBlue:

Keep rising to your feet and being a man.
DON'T LOOK OUT FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH.
one day ,you will jump off that bridge for real and your family and children will move on with their lives.

What the hell is WRONG with nigerians?
Since when is the issue of mental health a gender based one?
My brother , continue to be the man that you are and don't admit that you are liable to making mistakes, maybe you are going to understand better from your GRAVE.

Look I understand what you are saying. In the west they have therapy, here in Naija we often dont.

So one must have alternatives.

1. Religion if done correctly is like meditation and eases the mind.

2. Have a close friend (WHO YOU CAN TRUST) who can be your psychologist. I have a friend who I talk to about my issues and he offers good opinions. I sometimes do the same for him and I would never betray his trust. I trust that man with my life and he trusts me with his. These chats help improve my mental state.

Ultimately it doesnt change the fact that a man will never have someone to look after him when he comes of age.

As for gender, yes there is a difference. In a traditional relationship what typically happens? The man goes out to work for his family and the wife attends to the household. It is the woman who is looked after not the man. Even if the woman brings in income, the expectations are on the man to bring in the majority of family income. This is a pattern repeated across the world.

A wife can rest at home if she depressed and her husband will attend to things. A woman would never do the same for a man or if she does not indefinitely anyway.

Last example a young babe knows that eventually a man will court her and want to marry her. He almost always says 'I will look after you'. No woman will ever say those words to man in that context.. So men are under more pressure to survive (mental health or not)

Either you find a way to function or perish..

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by 9jaRealist: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2021
sammycarz:
the spiritual controls the physical
EbenezerTriumph:
lol I can relate. how and why I take drop out I no even know
village people are real oh.
I had to rush back and enroll afresh and graduate before it became too late
femi4:
Village people tinz
Lamasta:
Yes, I lost interest in academic work; at a point I thought of suicide; I almost cut off my radial artery, so I could just end it all.

Village people is real
GamalNasser:
Village people have struck

Spiritual my ass...
Dude needs a good psychiatrist.
>

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Prajonis: 9:57am On Mar 07, 2021
SapphireBlue:

Thanks.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
It is UNFORTUNATE that people still do not know the gravity of mental health struggles and even make insensitive statements about it.
The only way to convince a narrow minded person who refuses to believe that depression is real and can be hard to overcome is to give them a dose of it. Since that is not scientifically possible, it is best to save your energy.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Zetty177x: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2021
uuzba:

I don't know how to put this. But are we not seeing animals living their lives? Rat, lizards, birds, frogs, chickens?
Human being is more advanced than all of them, and yet human being is the one that cannot survive.
WHY?
God that made human beings, is it a trap that he set for us? To die because we can't find job? Is intelligence TOO MUCH now, that people cannot use
common sense to survive again?
I don't mean to belittle anybody's hardship, but this is seriously an issue for YOU to discuss with God Himself!
No matter how bad things are, I CAN NEVER COMMIT SUICIDE because, RAT, LIZARD, BIRD, FROG, CHICKEN.... will be laughing at me for being useless and unable to find food upon all the intelligence I have over them.
Please
Please
Please,
Go and rethink your life and find a GOOD WAY to survive WITHOUT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYBODY.
If you must sell your phone, SELL THE FUCKING THING and live offline and a simple life.

I just love ur way of reasoning...u won't believe such statement can help people push further. Keep it up. Even the animal jungle is tougher cos animals are eating themselves daily. We have been made to have more intelligence and should be able to survive all odds. And keep striving till the end..big ups

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by 9jaRealist: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:
This is not joke please, I know a friend who has been writing resit exams for 5years, his parents are struggling, in a country where to get a job is difficult, he is so depressed, this weaked lecturers don't care, the wickedness in our educational institutions is too much, and If a student try to commit suicide or even kill a lecturer they will blame him.

Will a lecturer be guilty of wickedness if she penalizes you for writing “weaked” instead of wicked? grin

#TakeResponsibility
>

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by 9jaRealist: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2021
SapphireBlue:
obviously, you know NOTHING.
I advise that you take a tour of medical schools in Nigeria and see how they affect some previously brilliant students to the point that they feel they are no longer useful for anything else.
If you have never suffered depression especially as a MEDICAL STUDENT, you won't understand.

Depression is a real MEDICAL condition...
The people who “trivialize” are those spouting spiritual/village people gibberish.

A medical condition needs medical attention...
In the 21st Century, Nigerians are still resorting to prayer warriors and babalawos.
>
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian....Wow!
Who raised you!!!
@SapphireBlue is obviously so much more intelligent than you that claim to be a "doctor".
thesicilian:

This is why I hardly reply people on nairaland because one may just be arguing with a dumb school dropout or a child. Or in this case, both.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by kunletech: 10:11am On Mar 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Congratulations to you. You have the courage to go back, I know a friend who committed suicide after resiting 3times in medical school, our educational institutions is so corrupt and wicked.

In every sphere in life, there must be resistance, its our responsibility not to be Coward but to be courageous.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by naijadrivablog: 10:14am On Mar 07, 2021
No be juju be that
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by CSTRR: 10:18am On Mar 07, 2021
The power of his father's house called him back home to gboko.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 07, 2021
Your Village people at work ! angry angry sad
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Charlie2020(f): 10:28am On Mar 07, 2021
Parpasawa:
HOW DO U WANT ME TO BELIEVE THIS SCRAP NOW?

TIV GUYS NO DEY BEHAVE LIKE THIS I BEG.
what has depression, major one for that matter got to do with tribe? So mad people no dey Tiv land
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Dagger111(m): 10:28am On Mar 07, 2021
SapphireBlue:

The thing is that in Medical school , the workload is TOO MUCH.
can you imagine doing all of Anatomy , biochemistry and physiology in one year.
These are courses that when done individually, take students 4 years to conclude.
Yet Medical students are supposed to finish them all in part 2 and be able to explain (not cram).
Cramming is not the problem, it is the volume of work to be covered within a given time that is draining.

It is too much that you have to devote all ur time for reading that you will only av limited or no time for yourself. Infact, i typical medical student sleeps only 5-7hrs a day, which is wrong. I found myself slping in some classes most times. So? What are we learning gan?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by kelvindj98: 10:30am On Mar 07, 2021
I can definitely relate to this. I became depressed studying medicine at a state university cos it wasn't my passion. But what could I do when my folks wanted it for bragging rights.
Luckily I was able to switch courses and my sanity was restored. And now that I am even making more than most doctors in Naija my folks are no longer disappointed.
Honestly, though my experience studying medicine made me respect Nigerian doctors a lot.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by knowyaself2(m): 10:30am On Mar 07, 2021
Depression and religious extremism, a deadly combo
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by thesicilian: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2021
bunto:
thesicilian....Wow! You are truly despicable!
Who raised you!!!
@SapphireBlue is obviously so much more intelligent than you that claim to be a "doctor".
Another one
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by thesicilian: 10:32am On Mar 07, 2021
Zetty177x:

NLANDERS...u guys don't read properly. Or understand property. .the guy is not claiming any level of intelligence..this dude has bipolar disorder. U think u should go n read about it. If u have experienced them in ur family or friends u will understand. It's a minor form of madness.. coupled with depression
Wow
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by thesicilian: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2021
bunto:
Please stop responding to @thesicilian.
He obviously lacks empathy. One of the ones that promote Narcissism in our society.
Medical Doctor my foot! Even if he is, there are "Doctors" and there are "dokitas"! undecided
bunto:
You are an Idi-t.
You lack empathy and compassion.
Shame on you!
You're confusing sympathy with empathy

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by thesicilian: 10:35am On Mar 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

How was the impunity in the medical school?
Its as bad as described but a lot of people still managed to succeed. Those who didn't went to other courses and succeeded. Those who couldn't make it in academics went into business and succeeded. No matter how bad it was, anyone who managed to get to 500l in medicine would at least be able to get to the right place for help

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by billyG(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2021
From medical school to barrow pushing....his cranium suffer psychological malfunctions when he cannot take d stressors anymore.instead of religion to help him they gav him opium instead of bread. cry cry cry
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by ReluctantAdult(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2021
Dagger111:

It is too much that you have to devote all ur time for reading that you will only av limited or no time for yourself. Infact, i typical medical student sleeps only 5-7hrs a day, which is wrong. I found myself slping in some classes most times. So? What are we learning gan?

That is no life my man. Especially if you don't have the passion for it and are only doing it for the employment opportunity.

It requires total dedication and you are likely to burn out or breakdown before getting to the end. It leaves a big mental scar.

Life is too short and beautiful to subject oneself to such suffering. So I'd advise anyone struggling to cope with it, to leave. There are many great opportunities and ways to make it, asides medicine. Your mental health is important.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by LucemFerre: 10:39am On Mar 07, 2021
Mental health issue, dem say na village people... that’s why we are where we are
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by ReluctantAdult(m): 10:43am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian:

Its as bad as described but a lot of people still managed to succeed. Those who didn't went to other courses and succeeded. Those who couldn't make it in academics went into business and succeeded. No matter how bad it was, anyone who managed to get to 500l in medicine would at least be able to get to the right place for help

To succeed, you need to get your mental health back, first. Get your confidence, motivation, and drive,
back. Chronic depression isn't something most people just, snap out of. It takes years of support and care. Coupled with the poverty situation of this country and lack of social support, if one is not careful, it is very easy to end up like this guy...very possible.

These things are real.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by ReluctantAdult(m): 10:46am On Mar 07, 2021
LucemFerre:
Mental health issue, dem say na village people... that’s why we are where we are
Leave those people. Those ones go school so o. Illiteracy is really a disease. No be by going to school and still reasoning like a neanderthal.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by kowalsky: 10:47am On Mar 07, 2021
uuzba:

I don't know how to put this. But are we not seeing animals living their lives? Rat, lizards, birds, frogs, chickens?
Human being is more advanced than all of them, and yet human being is the one that cannot survive.
WHY?
God that made human beings, is it a trap that he set for us? To die because we can't find job? Is intelligence TOO MUCH now, that people cannot use
common sense to survive again?
I don't mean to belittle anybody's hardship, but this is seriously an issue for YOU to discuss with God Himself!
No matter how bad things are, I CAN NEVER COMMIT SUICIDE because, RAT, LIZARD, BIRD, FROG, CHICKEN.... will be laughing at me for being useless and unable to find food upon all the intelligence I have over them.
Please
Please
Please,
Go and rethink your life and find a GOOD WAY to survive WITHOUT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYBODY.
If you must sell your phone, SELL THE FUCKING THING and live offline and a simple life.

When I see responses like this I marvel at the confidence people use to commentate on issues they're so oblivious of. Your perspective is not the only perspective!

The brain is a marvellous organ. And it's marvel swings both ways. Good and bad. You think suicidal behaviour is not documented in animals.

I'll keep it simple. Certain things can happen to your brains' physiological state that will make it perceive things in a warped way. For some people, living - thesame thing you obsess over - is pain.

What will be sufficient enough to excite you, barely tickles them. Life looses it's essence, so to speak. What brings joy to others is barely bland, or painful, in the extremes to them. And it's not just them not wanting to feel - there are certain changes both anatomical and physiological that have altered their 'brains' state.'

Granted, today's hypersocialized world aggravates things but depression is a disease. It's not merely a 'state of mind.'

Understanding this is a factor of appreciating the brain as marvellously complex organ. If there's a structural or physiological change in its normal state, your person perceives the world from the vantage point of that change. Because your brain is your gateway to how you 'feel' and perceive things.

And while it's appealing to think you're in charge of your brain, to assume your seat of consciousness supersedes your facultative reasoning, that view is very naive.

At best they're patronizing colleagues. I liken it to the relationship between the executive and the legislative arms of government. You think the executive is the real power that be, but in functioning democracy most of the power lies in the hands of the legislative.

Point is, your brain can coerce 'you' to do things. These things can be good or bad (as is the case here).
You can muster all your strength in defiance but, it's almost always an exercise in futility.

Think about it, as a man you want to fvck and 'spread your seed.' Probably find a partner for companionship. There are no inherent benefits of this behaviour for your person. If you didn't have the urge for companionship with a female, you're probably better off hanging out with your mates (males) and finding companionship in them from a survival point of view. The only real benefit of this behaviour is in guaranteeing the survival of the specie.

But here we all are. Dragged to rounded bottoms and full breasts. No matter how much you try to suppress that behaviour it will always manifest itself because the mind has a mind of its own.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by ReluctantAdult(m): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2021
kelvindj98:
I can definitely relate to this. I became depressed studying medicine at a state university cos it wasn't my passion. But what could I do when my folks wanted it for bragging rights.
Luckily I was able to switch courses and my sanity was restored. And now that I am even making more than most doctors in Naija my folks are no longer disappointed.
Honestly, though my experience studying medicine made me respect Nigerian doctors a lot.
It was the best decision you made to leave early before it fccked up your mental health.

Also, there's no point comparing what you make to Doctors' salary. The most important thing is that you're doing what you can cope with and earning a living off of it. That's what matters.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by alomeda600(m): 10:58am On Mar 07, 2021
Parpasawa:
HOW DO U WANT ME TO BELIEVE THIS SCRAP NOW?

TIV GUYS NO DEY BEHAVE LIKE THIS I BEG.
Pls read it again... Do you think what you wrote made any sense at all..
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by alomeda600(m): 11:04am On Mar 07, 2021
Greenback:
They got him..they got him squarely.
The world is such a bad place. African is such an evil place.

Such conditions only befall enemies of innocent people..but this one,Kai!!!!

Nigerian! Why would u type this...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers State University SUG President, Miracle Anele And His Personal Bodyguards / Guy Congratulates His Girlfriend After Her NYSC / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.