Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man (61071 Views)

2024 UTME: Pure Water Seller Who Dropped Out Two Years Ago Scores 309 / We Were Abandoned In Cyprus & Dropped Out Of School - Dancing Security Guards / Facts About Korna Anongo Terhemen Who Dropped Out Of UI Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by maxell(f): 11:22am On Mar 07, 2021
Your situation will change for the better

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 07, 2021
Hmmmmm. An incredibly sad story of an intelligent guy with a bright future. There're several factors there, methinks.

It's not too late for him to study the Petroleum Engineering he said he wanted to study in the first place.

May God bless him richly, heal him completely, and restore his life! Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Greenback: 11:26am On Mar 07, 2021
alomeda600:

Nigerian! Why would u type this...
What
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by DarkJeddi(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian:
If you voluntarily dropped out as you said, why didn't you write jamb to take up your desired course? And with the level of intelligence you claim, why have you not done anything meaningful with your life in terms of business?
I think you should go and beg your village people to release you from the contract you signed with them.
See as you dey write am..
You think say it dey easy?

After 5 years + ASUU wahala years on top..

For him to go back and write JAMB again?
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by imagrg(m): 11:33am On Mar 07, 2021
Village people at work again!

Can you imagine what I've just read about?

Well get free Crypto now before it is too late!
See my sigy below for link please.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by nairalee(m): 11:34am On Mar 07, 2021
uuzba:

I don't know how to put this. But are we not seeing animals living their lives? Rat, lizards, birds, frogs, chickens?
Human being is more advanced than all of them, and yet human being is the one that cannot survive.
WHY?
God that made human beings, is it a trap that he set for us? To die because we can't find job? Is intelligence TOO MUCH now, that people cannot use
common sense to survive again?
I don't mean to belittle anybody's hardship, but this is seriously an issue for YOU to discuss with God Himself!
No matter how bad things are, I CAN NEVER COMMIT SUICIDE because, RAT, LIZARD, BIRD, FROG, CHICKEN.... will be laughing at me for being useless and unable to find food upon all the intelligence I have over them.
Please
Please
Please,
Go and rethink your life and find a GOOD WAY to survive WITHOUT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYBODY.
If you must sell your phone, SELL THE FUCKING THING and live offline and a simple life.

I don't know how to thank you enough for this comment. It's very motivating, funny and realistic. Best comment I've seen here

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by pacespot(m): 11:39am On Mar 07, 2021
Africans always see spiritual in everything that is why they are unable to think deeply and analytically. People make their choices in life based on what they feel is best for them or the circumstances beyong their control. If he is happy with the life he is living, I don't know how that is a problem of anyone

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Minesbetter(m): 11:40am On Mar 07, 2021
see what depression did to a whole human being that God himself create

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Zetty177x: 11:42am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian:

This is why I hardly reply people on nairaland because one may just be arguing with a dumb school dropout or a child. Or in this case, both.

Most people on NL don't have basic education. And na them curse n troll pass. Imagine a half baked Secondary School drop-out trolling a whole Doctor. Doctor, I'm a professional as well,most times,I just ignore them. Just make ur point n leave d rest

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Zetty177x: 11:46am On Mar 07, 2021
nairalee:

I don't know how to thank you enough for this comment. It's very motivating, funny and realistic. Best comment I've seen here

I acknowledged that his comment. Very inspiring...how person go frustrate?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by johhbekeboh09: 11:53am On Mar 07, 2021
thesicilian:
If you voluntarily dropped out as you said, why didn't you write jamb to take up your desired course? And with the level of intelligence you claim, why have you not done anything meaningful with your life in terms of business?
I think you should go and beg your village people to release you from the contract you signed with them.

You rude...address him courtesy abeg!
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by ofiko123(m): 11:55am On Mar 07, 2021
Congratulations on your new job or appointment...We pray that the Lord be with you...
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by onuman: 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by eteba(m): 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
My brother, simply put.......u don craze!
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Dagger111(m): 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
ReluctantAdult:

That is no life my man. Especially if you don't have the passion for it and are only doing it for the employment opportunity.

It requires total dedication and you are likely to burn out or breakdown before getting to the end. It leaves a big mental scar.

Life is too short and beautiful to subject oneself to such suffering. So I'd advise anyone struggling to cope with it, to leave. There are many great opportunities and ways to make it, asides medicine. Your mental health is important.

I'm telling you man, one just have to do it cos medical is very lucrative in Nigeria than any other profession.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by worldclass68(m): 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
I finished as an arts student in secondary school, but Dad being a survivor wants me to become one by all means, it wasn't easy at all for someone who hated something that has to with looking for x up and down ( maths) was so depressed surely, was thinking wished I was never existed, but push and push and push through...no Carry over for sch all through and came out with second class, infact during my first yr, I obtained another jamb hoping I won't even survive all the further maths and physics wahala for sch,got admitted to OAU ( an arts related course) but I lost interest later on and decided to face my surveying and geoinformatics .......well I'm doing my nysc at the moment...Alhamdulillah!!

Depression is a bitch....But I'll never and ever enforce a career path on any of my kids, I'll rather encourage, support and advise them.

For everyone out there facing similar issue, pls don't give up or pull out..... There is light at the end of the tunnel, nothing last forever... peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Respect55(m): 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
All of you shouting village people, who even told you that witches reside in the villages and saints in the cities?
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by nairalee(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
Zetty177x:

I acknowledged that his comment. Very inspiring...how person go frustrate?

You also acknowledged it ba? Pretty thought provoking. Wish many depressed people can see that.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by hybridblood07(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
He would have been a Senior Special Consultant
juniorstar:
this life is deep he should av been a consultant now or probably a prof.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by calcal: 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
That is what you have, choosing for your children.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Bitchiamjay(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2021
Village people no gree this one shine.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Born2Breed(f): 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
Mental health issues noticed. He need help mentally.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by EbenezerTriumph: 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
what you don't know is bigger than you sir.

Learn this first, that what you don't know is bigger than you.
I'm supporting the commenter that's why I made use of the cool emoji
just want him to throw more light
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
If you're in the Medical science it's frustrating. If it is in terms of cramming Pharmacist cram more than Any medical and allied health profession followed by veterinary then Dentistry before medicine. You want to argue check their course outline.
Why? You most know the generic name, chemical name and brand name etcetera. A Medical Doctor doesn't know the chemical name of Acetaminophen,Lumefatrine, Ibuprofen etcetera but a Pharmacist does. Remember a Pharmacist produce drugs also. They must know/ cram volume of raw materials needed. Know the right way to produce. Know the quantity needed so as to prevent overdose or under dose. They have to know medicinal botany as source of drugs. Pharmacy is the hardest in terms of cramming not medicine.
Veterinarians treat anomaly in animals majorly, caprine,ovines,felines,equines, poultry, canines, porcine,fishes etc. Some will say they're similar but they don't just spend 6 years for nothing. They have to learn restraint method. You wouldn't like a cow head butting you, a dog biting and scratching, a fowl knocking your fingers, piglets screaming, horses kicking you. They have to a alot of animal science they do it from 200-400 level. They also have know drug interactions. You wouldn't like giving your dog chloroquine or your pregnant goat tetracycline. They also have to know anatomy and physiology of these animals.
They must know how good the meat of an animal is. You wouldn't want to eat a Meat infested with Bovine tuberculosis or eat chicken infested with coccidioidomycosis. What of milk? Fish nko abi feed for animals. Don't be deceived by those quacks you see collecting 500 to treat Parvo virus. Then weeks later your pet will be in continuous emesis , having renal failure, collapsed lungs them you start complaining.
What of Dentist? Have to learn about the human body while still reading about the orthognathic/neck region? Have to cram right volume of anaesthetic to give you when performing a procedure so you don't scream " Ahh Omo ale ni e" Have to rotate with Medical Doctors and later still rotate in Dentistry.
Medicine is hard because of human death which is painful but you wouldn't want to meet people who love their pets. You also wouldn't to have Parotitis or your child living with cleft lip or someone havingcancer of the mouth, Tonsillitis.
Medicine crams but not as these three I listed. You can quote for all I care.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by sokkatua: 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
I could relate,i drop out of school twice ,first time in Nigeria,second time in Canada,i went back at age 40 ,by God's grace i will be graduating next year.People ,lets help this guy,please

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by nathyx(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Sounds so fake
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by criuze(m): 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2021
the man need help

everyone is suffering from that case, the only thing there is that if you fall you pick yourself and ask for forgiveness keep going

sexual urge is almost insormountable without a wife
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Hassanmaye(m): 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
9jaRealist:

Will a lecturer be guilty of wickedness if she penalizes you for writing “weaked” instead of wicked? grin

#TakeResponsibility
>
I think if you can read my English very well "u" will deduce that my statement is not of an average reader, sometimes we write "lyke" this since its not a class room or an examination but a platform to share our opinions, believe me you don't speak English better than I'm/me.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by ogbonti: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
uuzba:

I don't know how to put this. But are we not seeing animals living their lives? Rat, lizards, birds, frogs, chickens?
Human being is more advanced than all of them, and yet human being is the one that cannot survive.
WHY?
God that made human beings, is it a trap that he set for us? To die because we can't find job? Is intelligence TOO MUCH now, that people cannot use
I don't mean to belittle anybody's hardship, but this is seriously an issue for YOU to discuss with God Himself!
No matter how bad things are, I CAN NEVER COMMIT SUICIDE because, RAT, LIZARD, BIRD, FROG, CHICKEN.... will be laughing at me for being useless and unable to find food upon all the intelligence I have over them.
Please
Please
Please,
Go and rethink your life and find a GOOD WAY to survive WITHOUT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYBODY.
If you must sell your phone, SELL THE FUCKING THING and live offline and a simple life.

since cell phone was introduced into Nigeria on a large scale, the craze for making money has quadrupled. I remember those day way back 1992-1995, if you are dating someone, and they want to pay you a visit, or you want to take them out - the only money you will be looking for is ice cream money - malt money - then when the dating starts big time, you think of eating out barbecue and you buy her cards or flowers. On the extreme short bread or fancy sunglasses which was like 20 naira those days. If you want to overdo - you buy her a wristwatch, a female beret or necklace (GL) maybe of N300 those days

TODAY nko, girls demand money to buy human hair equivalent to the amount to buy a plot of land at Ikorodu. Guys now buy G-Wagon for girls and the lower level girls make some guys to sub data for them running into hundreds of thousands a year - HMMMMM

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Babysho(m): 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
uuzba:

WHY?
Please
Please
Please,

That's the thing. The same "advanced brain" that you are glad you have to make money that's making you better than common animals is the same advanced brain that will make you mentally vulnerable when things are not right. Not everybody has that mental strength like you do. Just thank God for your life.
Re: Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man by Obynolee(f): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
juniorstar:
this life is deep he should av been a consultant now or probably a prof.

His father ruined his life by forcing a course on him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers State University SUG President, Miracle Anele And His Personal Bodyguards / What Was Your First GPA &now Your Current CGPA / Guy Congratulates His Girlfriend After Her NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.