Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals (3588 Views)

Poll: Are the Niger delta militants sincere freedom fighters or mere criminals?

They are sincere freedom fighters; we should support them: 16% (9 votes)
They are common criminals; they should be locked up: 83% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari Out To Disgrace Gej. Mend, NDVF Must Avenge / PDP Will Ensure Maku Fails For The Rest Of His Life – Ahmadu Ali / Nigeria's Senators Who Are Mere Bench-warmers In The Senate (July 2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by osasNow: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2007
These groups have shown us what they really are about.

They called for the release of Dokubo and a sincere effort at solving the Niger delta issues(This has been done and still being done). But they have continued their evil activities. These people are not fighting for us but for their sponsors(the chiefs) and some foreign influences.

A week ago, they bombed the house of a law-abiding citizen and asked him to *Empower* them(Meaning extorting money from him, millions). At the same period, they kidnapped a child whose mother is a member of the national assembly and demanded and received ransome. Now they have gone ahead to kidnap a three yr old. Can you imagine the trauma these monsters are putting children through because of money?

The government must rise up and take the battle to these Monsters. Its time our millitary rises to the occassion and earn their pay.How can some individuals who are clearly criminals hold the whole country to ransome. This has taken an alarming turn. They are not fighting for us but for their diabolical interest and the interest of those foreign influences who are bent on destabilising the nation. They are not going to stop even if they all get 10 million each.

We have watched as they harrased and kidnapped telecom operators who were working to extend telephony services to the area and forced them to stop. We have watched as they did the same to road construction companies that were working to build roads in the areas. You ask yourself, what building roads and telecom infrastructure(which is supposed to address some of the issues) has to do with oil spillage and resource control.

Its obvious that these Monsters have a more sinister and evil agenda for everyone that is even worse than the perceved wrongs of the oil companies.Sadly, the government is watching while these Monsters grow and grow. No one should think he or she is safe. We know of a certainty , that they will move to anambra, and get to abia and ondo states. You can imagine how it will be once they get to a place like Lagos.

The village chiefs behind these monsters must be found out and jailed for life. They are evil men who care nothing about human life but about money.

These Monster groups have murdered citizens and people of the same area of whom they claim to be fighting for. Security personnel, drivers, workers in these establishments have been murdered by these *Monsters in freedom fighter clothing*. These people are also people of the niger delta. The military men that guard those stations that they kill, are they not humans? Dont they have families?

These monsters are not going to stop till they turn the situation in this nation to an Iraq , afghan or darfur situation. That is their agenda.

These are cowardly men who hide behind masks and fake names to bring terror to innocent Nigerians. This must stop. The government and the millitary must take the battle to the ones that have refused the efforts at making things better but are bent on kidnapping and killing people. They must be made to stop by force.

You may think my approach is a hard stance but I know what am talking about. They wont stop. They have smelt the money and feel that all they need do is kill a couple of Nigerians and bomb a number of places and they will receive ransome in millions.

I once again state clearly, that they are not fighting for us or for the good of niger delta. The state governors must stop the payment of ransomes forthwidth cause its not helping any thing rather its compounding it.

They can be fought with their own tactics. They have families(who are enjoying the loot that their people bring back).

To these monsters, Your days are numbered. For with our eyes, we shall behold the destruction of the wicked. The net which the evil man set, has his own feet caught. The pit which eveil men set for the law-abiding ones, they have fallen into.

We are wise to your ways . You are not fighting for us. You and your leaders are going to be exposed. The curse is on you and you will turn your weapons on yourselves.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by dblock(m): 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2007
That's why Yall need to support the Anti Militant Militant Organization.

We need to eradicate these Menaces.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by osasNow: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2007
The millitary must step up in this fight. The whole nation is on the brink of anarchy. We know what we are talking about. Its never heard where a number of fighters with ammo can over run a whole cantonement or regiment of the millitary of a nation
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Mamajama(m): 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2007
I think the presidency is still engaging in dialog with this people.  not until they kidnap a senator and cut off his head will the government take active action in eradicating this madness. v No one wants to be tried for war crime by world tribunal after their tenure as well.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Mamajama(m): 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2007
I don't think you can vote on this issue. you have to be in their shoes to experience what led them to this state. I don't support the kidnapping but the government need to try and develop this area.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Caradona(f): 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2007
It's strange that the so-called Resource Control Fighters only line their pockets with money.
they don't build roads or Schools with the ransom money.
They're becoming arrogant and one day, the Niger Deltans will wake up to their blackmails and expose them. They don't understand that the Federal Govt is avoiding killing the innocents in the crossfires. They claim to fight for justice and yet block Developmental projects in that area. The Freed South African Hostages said the MEND are drunks and drug-addicts who have no morals. only out to get money for their addictions.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by osasNow: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2007
@Mamajama, how do you bring development when they kidnap and drive away the people who are sent to build roads? When they kidnap and terrorise people who are their to build infrastructure?

They dont want the development. They actually want the status quo because of the millions they are making. Yes, they are willimg to mortgage the future of the unsuspecting niger deltan for their monetary gains.

@Caradona, the sad commentary is that the prominent Niger deltans are keeping mute while the carnage and nonsense goes on. But this is an evil wind that will consume both the innocent(who kept mute in the face of evil things) and the evil doers themselves.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2007
when the first person was kidnapped, what went through my mind was 'if the government does not handle this properly, Nigeria will become like all those latin american countries where kidnapping is a full fledged industry.i do not claim to know what our governemnt should have done, but it seems that my worst fears are here.

nothing corrupts like power. what is happening is always inevitable.no matter what intentions mend may have had, they set a precedent.it's very likely that this disease will spread from the nigerdelta to the rest of naija.(easy money idle minds, available arms - your neighbourhood cult boy just might decide to kidnap your kids.)

i don't think there's an answer anymore, kidnapping has come to stay as one of the more popular crimes in nigeria.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by obong(m): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2007
so, are you saying MEND and NDVF kidnapped the girl?
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by ono(m): 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2007
MEND has categorically denied any involvement in the barbaric act. But the past 8 years of misrule by OBJ and his ilks has led to the creation of comfortable breeding grounds for hoodlums across the country, especially the Delta. I find it difficult to rule out the possibility of some nearby ethnic groups boys (and girls too) cashing in on the chaotic situation in the area to make quick money.

That said, I must quickly point out that the security situation in the country is alarming enough. I'm personally much concerned, more than ever before, about my safety anywhere in Nigeria. If the amala-eating baba at Molete, Ibadan, can single handedly hold Oyo state to ransome, brandishing machetes, dane guns and other paraphernalia, typical of 18th century warfare in that area, killing, maiming (both protesting men and women alike); then what can mere mortals like me do!

The story is not different in Lagos and other places nearby. Some months back, several newspapers were awash with tales of abduction of school children, who were later beheaded, or their private parts cut off, for money making rituals. The signal strenght (of child abduction, kidnap etc) was pretty high during the election period, all over the country!

As per this British-Nigerian girl, me, I'm happy that the abductors kept her alive and are even going to release her. At least we know she's well, and nobody is planning to hypnotise her, cut off her private parts, head or limbs for money making rituals - similar to what obtains at Okija, Ijebu-igbo and in amala-eateries at Ibadan (Molete)!
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by denex: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2007
@ono & obong

This is the monster that NDPVF created. It transmutated into MEND and now it has lost control.

ono, thank God you mentioned that you're happy about the little girls condition. It gives us an insight into the kind of person you are.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by fromuk(m): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2007
Soliciting for millitary attack to those guys cannot help the situation, the Fed Govt should look for a lasting solution to this problem and i strongly beleive they know what to do but somehow somebody somewhere is not doing what is suppose to be done.If you draft millitary comand to ND who will they fight,those guys oparate a guarilla war fare, you dont actually know your enermy. Development is the answer but i strongly did not suport abduction or kidnapping in any form. If that area is developmed just like ordinary nigerian city and this act still goes on then we will know that they are looking for MY OWN ACTION.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by ono(m): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2007
denex:

@ono & obong

This is the monster that NDPVF created. It transmutated into MEND and now it has lost control.

ono, thank God you mentioned that you're happy about the little girls condition. It gives us an insight into the kind of person you are.

Nna, are you, by way of implication saying that I'm with MEND people? or that I'll benefit from the ''largesse'' the girls abductors will get for their action?

Anyways, lets face facts: It's common knowledge all over the country that when people of other ethnic groups of this country kidnap children, they (for the most time) use them for money making rituals - something that seldom happens in the Niger delta.

So, in the case of Maggie, there's hope. She'll see her mother and dad in very soon. We just thank God that her abductors are not from some other weird places, where we know that no amount of pleading will lead to her whereabout, ever!
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by desertboom(m): 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2007
So what do we do to stop this problem that has eaten deep so much?
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Falciparum(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2007
Now they have captured a 3 yr old girl. I swearthey have turned to cowards they have turned to mere criminals its embarrassing when i watched it on CNN.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by tollu: 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2007
desertboom:

we get on our knees and PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. The situation has really gotten out of hand and what makes it even worse is that these guys are backed by the top echelon of the society. With every kidnap/kidnap attempt, millions of naira exchange hands and believe it or not it happens every other day. These guys have so gotten used to their life of luxury that it's so scary 'cos getting them to stop it is goin to be like squeezing water out of a stone.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by lilrukevwe(m): 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2007
osas i feel ur pains but u r not a niger delta are u ?
look here mr man or wat ever u call ur self nigerians stole with pen and speech our money and u did not do any thing abt it obj wrecked nigeria 2 days to his exit u did nothing neither did nigeria
we the niger delta produce wat u call nigeria but wat do we have to show 4 it nothing but bad roads no light and u expect us to sit down and watch no way if govt had heeded the first time things wud not have escalated to this extent that it has gone now that this have gone far u are now calling them criminal god helps u that i dont see ur likes in niger delta u deserve to be hanged for placing sucha thread ow much is an house of assembly memeber paid and after their tenure they have wealth beyond recognituon whose wealth if i may ask me and my fellow niger deltan s
mr man consult on issues b4 u delve into them or u create a state of anarchy
ken
warri
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by denex: 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
Goodday lilrukevwe, may I ask how many members of the house of assembly have been kidnapped so far? Or maybe the question should be how many of those white men or those helpless kids are honorable members of the House of Assembly.

This whole kidnapping thing is just a new and much more profitable form of "DEVE". So kill the whole buffalo soldier crap.

Anyway, hang us. Take us somewhere public in Warri and hang us because we said what is bad is bad. Violence is the inherent nature of you and your sincere MEND. I have told people that if the ransom is not quickly paid, or the father does not proceed immediately for hostage swap, they will behead her. I was wrong though. I don't thing they will behead her. They prefer hanging people in the Southside.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by osasNow: 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2007
desertboom:

Its only by force. They are evil men and they will not stop. Drastic measures need to be taken for drastic situations like this. They have families. What are our security operatives and intelligence doing with their spare time? They should get those familiy members and they will say where those monsters hide. They are seen enjoying the loot that their criminal siblings bring to them.
All of you that are trying to sound politically correct by not saying it as it is must realise that they are moving and spreading from the niger delta so you are not safe wherever you are(We know that for sure).

This must stop.

@fromuk, they cannot boast to be masters of the creeks with guerrila warfare as you say. The nigerian navy have been trained to battle in those areas as well. Its just that the govt is trying to be careful to avoid collateral damage.

But we say enough of that. Strong action must be taken now to salvage whatever sanity it is we have left.

And as for lilrukevwe,
if you knew who you were refering to, I bet you you would not have a good night sleep 2night for the mere thought. I don't have to kidnap innocent people and kids and bomb innocent ppls houses to show that am a true deltan.
And its people like you that are going to be consumed by this.
Its a curse on people like u that is already set in motion.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by yarodin: 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2007
Mend or whatever they call themselves are useless and a waste of time. Their actions are only going to hold their people back. If they are serious they should be going to Abuja, Lagos to kidnap some real politicians. Kidnapping a little girl has just proven that they are greedy cowards. People like Ken Saro Wiwa fought and died for what they believed in, these people are just petty criminals.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by BIGGESTCAT(m): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2007
Well, violence can never solve a problem. That little girl and her parents were not the ones that kept the 9ga delta in that state. If they are really fighting for the 9ga delta, they should kidnap those Senators, house of Reps members, house of assembly members, who rigged their way into office and warn them to put down visible policies for improvement of the 9ga delta. They should not demand for ransom. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT THIEVES. Well its a pity but i think the time has come for the military to raid the 9ga delta. If they can restore peace in Liberia and serria leone, is it the 9ga delta they can't conquer? These guys are chasing away all the foreing investors. When they all go would we drink the crude oil like fanta? This people have no body's interest in mind. Well God is not asleep. i believe all the TRUE believers on their knees would be able to influence the situation for the better. HE IS THE LORD GOD OF ALL FLESH. IS THERE ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR HIM?
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by babadee(m): 1:11am On Jul 07, 2007
YEAH!!!
and they all need to be shot!!!
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by PapaBrowne(m): 2:49am On Jul 07, 2007
If you guys understand the core of this kidnapping issue, you will get a better picture of the depth of the problem.
Many of you commenting have no knowledge of the Niger delta.
The truth is that this boys are not fighting for any freedom because they are not held captive in anyway.
The actions you see are a natural reaction to years of massive injustice and corruption.
The government cannot attack the militants because the militants are now stronger than the government.
Let me explain.
Most of the militants now have oil wells they have taken over from the oil companies and are making huge Monies bunkering this crude at much lower prices to interested foreign buyers many of whom haves access to and supply the militants with high calibre weapons.
Now if the government chooses to attack their base, the militants have the power to disrupt the Nigerian economy by simply dropping a missile on either a refinery,depot, or gas station.One missile will disrupt Nigeria'e economy for a while.
That's why the governments hands are tied.
The injustice in the area is unbearably wicked.You should see for yourself the mixture of billions of dollars worth of investment side by side very shanty settlements.
All this kidnapping is a product of the wickedness of our past leaders, oil companies, and the Niger delta chiefs and politicians that have oiled their palms.
I don't think the problem will stop soonest. I hope it does though.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by naijaking1: 3:14am On Jul 07, 2007
kidnapping a 3 year old girl is the least beneficial public relation issue naija needs at this time
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by dblock(m): 5:20am On Jul 07, 2007
naijaking1:

kidnapping a 3 year old girl is the least beneficial public relation issue naija needs at this time

Well time has told us that kidnapping innocent children, is the best way to amend Neglect.

I mean France dissolved it's monarchy, when a group of youths kidnapped an innocent Toddler.

Ojukwu's Original emancipation plan was not to combat but to kidnap Gowon's 3 year old daughter. wink
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Miketomi: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2007
Kidnapping pple and demanding for ransom is nothing but a criminal act.
My major fear is that pple that u think should know better, I mean the so called educated NigerDeltans are so consumed with emotions and sentiments that they all refuse to think straight rather they chunk out reasons to justify those criminal acts.

I guess in the dictionary of the MEND and their likes there is nothing like " charity begins at home".
Their leaders who have collected billions of naira from 13% derivation are not even accountable to them.
Instead of them to fight the real pple they are fighting innocent pple doing legal business in their land.
Shame on them for this perverted way of thinking and acting.

History is repeating itself once again.
What we have at the moment is similar to the formation and evolution of cultism in Nigeria universities.
When Wole Soyinka and co formed pirate confraternity in UI in those days they never knew it will lead to several other cults. Today the evil of cultism is very obvious.
Nigerdeltans, we need to think.
These guys are just out there denting our name.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Reverend(m): 9:30am On Jul 07, 2007
I find it amazing and sad at the same time that some people have voted in this thread that these people are some kind of freedom fighters.

They are nothing more than scum that should be wiped off the face of this planet, together with the people that support them.

Kidnappers, 419 Yahoo boys or any other of the criminal cancer that blights Nigeria should be exterminated  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by omoge25(f): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2007
So has it been established as a fact that MEND kidnapped this child? We should all remember that there are copycat groups out there that are doing this things to line their pockets they dont want to help the Niger Delta. I dont think MEND did this, its not there MO.
Secondly everyone on here that has posted that they should be wiped out (MEND), they are this and that. What do you want the ppl of the Niger Delta to do. When a person is pushed up against the wall what should they do? Protesting, writing, speaking out nothing has worked peacefully. Should the people of the Niger Delta just sit and take it while the land is being destroyed, polution is getting worse, no roads. It is not like Niger Deltans are asking for heaven and earth.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Rottweiler(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2007
They are all criminals. Turning on your people and you claim to fight for the cause of the the Niger Delta? Kidnapping an old woman and kids? Bunch of criminals.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by Rottweiler(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2007
Rivers state is worst hit. Night life is beginning to dwindle. Those who still go clubbing do so at their own risks. If you are so unfortunate to have a flat tyre and you happen to stop, the chances of getting robbed is about 95%. In a single night 3 of my colleagues got robbed by gun-wielding men in different parts of Port Harcourt. There's no safe zone at all. Diobu, GRA, Elelenwo, Borokiri, D-Line, Elekahia, Woji, Eastern bye-pass, East West road, just name it.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by denex: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2007
@fromuk

what is needed is a total wipeout. $1billion should be withdrawn from our foreign reserves to buy like 1000 units of M61A2 Electrical Gatling Machine guns with a rate of fire at 6,000 rounds per minute. And range of about 2,000 meters.

Added to the fact that the Nigerian military has one of the top 5 infantry in terms of guerilla warfare, let put them to the test and see how good they truly are.

By the way, some media coverage won't be bad. I no get chance to go Silverbird Galleria to watch action film.

The militant wey want make them MEND im head, make e come out. It is just the memories of Odi that is making the government feel reluctant to unleash maximum force. But soon. Those dissidents will outdo themselves.
Re: MEND, NDVF, And The Rest Of Them Are Mere Criminals by omoge25(f): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2007
denex:

@fromuk

what is needed is a total wipeout. $1billion should be withdrawn from our foreign reserves to buy like 1000 units of M61A2 Electrical Gatling Machine guns with a rate of fire at 6,000 rounds per minute. And range of about 2,000 meters.

Added to the fact that the Nigerian military has one of the top 5 infantry in terms of guerilla warfare, let put them to the test and see how good they truly are.

By the way, some media coverage won't be bad. I no get chance to go Silverbird Galleria to watch action film.

The militant wey want make them MEND im head, make e come out. It is just the memories of Odi that is making the government feel reluctant to unleash maximum force. But soon. Those dissidents will outdo themselves.

Wipe out of who? the ppl of the Niger Delta? I know this was meant to be a joke right?

Anyway sha if this new president doesnt start focusing and trying to resolve the issues of the niger delta and its people make MEND just start to dey kidnap politicians and their families daily. That is what is needed !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) / Beaf:North Niger Produced 8 President,eastern Niger 3, Western Niger 2 by Musiwa / Easterners, What Are Your "Biafra Stories"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.