Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,857 members, 7,813,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration (11334 Views)

Southern Governors, Leaders Begin Fresh Moves To Get Kanu Out From Detention / President Buhari And Abdelfattah el-Sisi Parley On Counter Terrorism / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by adenigga(m): 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2021
The quest for unity of purpose towards achieving presidency of Igbo extraction in 2023, suffered another setback yesterday, as South East governors and Igbo political leaders shunned a bipartisan meeting of major political parties in the zone.

The second of such this year, and scheduled for Enugu, involved the All Progressives Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and others.

It was convened by former Abia State governor and Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu; erstwhile Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu; one-time President of the Senate and ex- Secretary to Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Anyim Pius Anyim and Deputy Chief Whip, House of Representatives, Nkeiru Onyejeocha.

The meeting, which was to be chaired by a foremost South East traditional ruler and graced by governors their predecessors, ministers, as well as past and current senate presidents and speakers and members of House of Representatives and state Houses of Assembly, could not hold yesterday, following the non-presence of leaders, including the governors.

Save for the host governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, his colleagues boycotted the parley with no reasons.

However, Anyim waited till 4.00pm before departing after an instruction that the reporters covering the event be dismissed

A source, nevertheless confided in The Guardian: “Suspicion among the leaders on the motive of those behind the meeting had dealt a bad blow on the arrangement. Though there were wider consultations before now, it appears there is no trust among them.

“There are stories about some members trying to use it (meeting) to feather their vice presidential aspiration in 2023. And knowing that there are also governors in the zone nursing a similar interest, it will be difficult to agree. That is the issue.”

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/Politics/Again-South-East-govs-leaders-shun-parley-on-2023-political-aspiration

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by duro4chang(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
2023 will be interesting.
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Moferere: 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
They don't trust themselves but they expect Nigerians to trust them.
undecided

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Moferere: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
duro4chang:
2023 will be interesting.
Nothing interesting, South East will make their noise as usual and they will be schemed out.

My only prayer is that God should not allow Tinubu to be president, cos he will put Nigeria on Jumia

37 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Liposure: 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
Meeting cannot hold like that. There can never be unity in diversity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by duro4chang(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
Moferere:

Nothing interesting, South East will make their noise as usual and they will be schemed out.

My only prayer is that God should not allow Tinubu to be president, cos he will put Nigeria on Jumia
That is one of the interesting part of it. Really as a yoruba man I want them to come together and work together. There is nothing bad if the east produce the next president.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2021
Biafra
That’s the only song we in the east listen to
Any politician in east talking about 2023 should know that no campaign or any form of election will hold in east
We will boycott every trash
Especially a parley coming from a known looter
Orji kalu
Here I east we don’t praise looters like other region
We will Ekweremadu kalu

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Moferere: 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2021
duro4chang:
That is one of the interesting part of it. Really as a yoruba man I want them to come together and work together. There is nothing bad if the east produce the next president.

I want them to be president too, but those guys are not ready.
Apart from threatening Nigeria with breakups, what structure have they put in place to fly the flag of any political party in Nigeria?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by duro4chang(m): 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2021
Moferere:

I want them to be president too, but those guys are not ready.
Apart from threatening Nigeria with breakups, what structure have they put in place to fly the flag of any political party in Nigeria?
I agree with you but with what is happening now it is good if the country breaks. Yoruba are not fulanis' slaves. They kill our farmers, rape our women, forcefully take our lands and kidnap our people. If the union can't work again we can go separately.

23 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Akiara: 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2021
IGBO POLITICIANs KNOW THAT THEIR ASPIRATIONS ARE NOT EVEN IMPORTANT AS THE BIAFRA ISSUE IS SERIOUSLY ON THE FRONT BURNER.

12 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Moferere: 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
duro4chang:
I agree with you but with what is happening now it is good if the country breaks. Yoruba are not fulanis' slaves. They kill our farmers, rape our women, forcefully take our lands and kidnap our people. If the union can't work again we can go separately.

Eeyah break away is your headache?

So, once we break away there won't be problems again Abi?

6 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Monogamy: 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
And they are yet to zone the presidency to the region oo, already tearing themselves apart.

Who will trust people who do not trust themselves?

4 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by duro4chang(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2021
Moferere:

Eeyah break away is your headache?

So, once we break away there won't be problems again Abi?
Problems will always be but look at what happened in Oyo state. A criminal could not be arrested by the police. No attempt was even made. The criminal was arrested and you know what happened later. Before you know what is going on the criminal will go home and those who arrested him will be detained because the criminal is related to the power that be.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2021
duro4chang:
Iwhat is the use of a region producing the president? cos even Katsina that is the president State is suffering,

7 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by bigdammyj: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Noted
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by boulala84: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by salbis(m): 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
Centre will no longer hold..
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by MrPeterson(m): 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
No common interest
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Millimann: 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2021
duro4chang:

The person you are quoting sounds like a fulani destabilizer.

3 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by OgbanjeProphet: 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2021
"it was convened by" who again

And you expect a sensible Igbo leader to attend tongue
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by duro4chang(m): 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2021
francisgodstime:
Iwhat is the use of a region producing the president? cos even Katsina that is the president State is suffering,
I agree with you but at least this people have been complaining of marginalization. Let them get there and feel the heat An average igbo man believes igbo is marginalizes, so to remove that belief . But then they have to work for it. Mark you ,I am not igbo but I am saying this for the sake of equity, friendliness and peace.

6 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by duro4chang(m): 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
Millimann:

The person you are quoting sounds like a fulani destabilizer.
I want peace and equity. Yoruba has ruled fulanis has rule, why will it be difficult for igbo . They just need to work together.

5 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Remijuice: 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
Something fishy about this meeting..

This one na meeting after meeting,,.
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2021
ok
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by ClassicMan202(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
They better not waste their time.... Igbo wants Biafra simple and short.
Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2021
Moferere:
They don't trust themselves but they expect Nigerians to trust them.
undecided
Which region in nigeria trust themselves more than Igbos name one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Omoslim26: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
A meeting held by a thief and an unrepentant ex convict should be a shame to attend by any way meaning Igbo man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by GeneviveHuby: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
Igbos are not interested in presidency. All they want is justice first which they believe will come from unity which they also believe will come from referendum. Igbo as a whole will work for presidency if everyone has accepted the contraption. For now the experiment which British created has expired in 2014. So everyone in this Nigeria has to attest for it's further existence either as a structured or restructured entity. Anything apart from this we all are going nowhere.

4 Likes

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by johnmartus(m): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
Why are you ashamed of your igbotic?
duro4chang:
I want peace and equity. Yoruba has ruled fulanis has rule, why will it be difficult for igbo . They just need to work together.

1 Like

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by kingsavage: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nigeria needs to divide befpre 2023.. i pray it happens.. northerners need to stay on their own and stop dragging us back with their rubbish

1 Like

Re: Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
duro4chang:
Did all Yorubas agree for obj to rule ?
Did all hausas fulanis united for yaradua or buhari to rule

Why do u lots always say Igbos are not even united as if there is any tribe that can be truly united in politics , ...infact Igbos are the most united in Nigeria

Tell me a tribe more United than Igbos name one

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Generals Pledge Loyalty To The Constitution Of Nigeria / Timipre Sylva: Fuel Subsidy Will Last Another 18 Months / Barr. Nazeel Aliyu Emerges NNPP Reps Candidate For Shira/giade Fed. Constituency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.