Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Governors Heading For Defeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Heading For Defeat (1182 Views)

PDP Heading For Self Destruction – Mark / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck / Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Heading For Defeat by Jarus(m): 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2011
If the last NASS elections are anything to go by, the the following governors can start packing their loads from government house.

GONERS
1, SHEMA - KATSINA: It will take miracle for this man to survive CPC onslaught in Katsina. Having cleared all Senate seats and 12 out of 14 HOR seats, CPC looks ready to take over this state.

2, YAKOWA - KADUNA: With CPC and PDP on 1-1, 7-3 in this state, and the postponed Kaduna North another CPC stronghold, all looks set that Kaduna governor may also not not surive CPC onslaught on April 26.

HIGHLY SHAKING
3, ALAO-AKALA - OYO: Shaky. That's what will describe his own, given the fact that although ACN defeated his party 2-1 in Senatorial, his PDP led ACN and Ladoja's AP 5-4-4 in HOR. HOR result can give some ray of hope to him, but his chance may not be as dim as the 2 above

NB: Let's pray there is no violence in Oyo, as this man is not one that succumbs so easily. But the comforting thing, as the editor of a popular newspaper mentioned to me, is that his Chief Thug, Eleweomo, is dead, and his antagonists' Chief thug, Tokyo, has also 'retired'. So coordinated violence will be very minimal.

4, SHINKAFI - ZAMFARA : He was Yerima's deputy for many years. He rode to power on Yerima's ANPP's back. They fell out, he decamped to PDP. Now appears to be payback time. Yerima(ANPP) floored him(PDP) 2-1, 5-1 in NASS. If that is anything to go by, Shinkafi may be thought a lesson in how not to fight your 'benefactor' on April 26, as ANPP looks set to claim teh safe

SHAKING, BUT CHANCE STILL BRIGHT
5, BABANGIDA ALIYU - NIGER[/b]If NASS election is anything to go by, CPC may take over Niger. But it appears there is hand of IBB in that CPC's victory, and that same hand is influential enough to swing the retrn the guber pendulum to his PDP boy. Not to forget the fact that Aliyu himself is a political warhouse. So I doubt CPC will be able to overtake Aliyu, despite performing better in NASS.

[b]6SAFE, BUT NEVER SAY NEVER

6, NASARAWA: With CPC-PDP playing 1-1, 3-1 in NASS, no one can tell where the guber pendulum will swing. Either CPC or PDP can take it.
7, YUGUDA - BAUCHI: He is safe by NASS result,contrary to pre-election punditry, but it may be too early to celebrate, as the widepsread dislike for him for betraying them, may translate into protest votes. But I doubt that.

FRESH GOVERNORS IN WAITING: The outgoing will not be able to instal candidate
1, AMOSUN - OGUN: If I were this man(ACN Ogun candidate), I would have started celebrating. It will take miracle of Christ's power, for any other party to defeat ACN in Ogun guber on April 26.

2, KWANKWASO - KANO: Kano is a forgone conclusion for this PDP man.

3, GONI-BORNO: Cannot be said with oracular certainty, but if NASS results are anything to go by, PDP's Goni's looks very set to uproot whatever remains of ANPP's Modu Sheriff and his protege. He himself lost his Senatorial shot last week to PDP's whirlwind.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by opalu: 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2011
BENUE: The Benue people generally like GEJ as for the Presidency but for the Governorship, they are supporting Prof Ugba of ACN.

It will be very difficult for Suswam to win Governorship for the following reasons:

1. He fought David mark and almost gave the ticket to Onoja when Onoja was in PDP. Mark wrestled using Abuja influence to beat Onoja and suswam's influence.
2. If GEJ wins (God forbid), then Suswam is in soup since he was among the group of Govs (Led by Saraki, Aliyu and Oduaghan) who fought GEJ from being made Acting Pres when people like us when doing Save Nigeria Rallies.
3. Suswam is at loggerheads with his Benefactors : Akume, Audu Ogbe, etc.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by SuperPap: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
Mr Man please wait for the election. Saturday is not far away. After seeing the contrived and useless analysis prior to the NASS elections which suggested CPC 'strongholds' in a number of northern/western areas, it is safe to say that any 'analysis' or 'projection' here is utter tripe!
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by juventino: 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2011
opalu:

2. If GEJ wins (God forbid), then Suswam is in soup since he was among the group of Govs (Led by Saraki, Aliyu and Oduaghan)

My brother take am easy, why this firm hatred grin? GOODLUCK to you
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by opalu: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2011
juventino:

My brother take am easy, why this firm hatred grin? GOODLUCK to you
You dey my heart? You tell you say I hate am?
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by Lagosboy: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2011
kWANKASO Was governor of Kano 12 years ago in 1999 , 12 years later he is about to be elected as Governor of Kano again, He must be deeply popular in the state.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by EzeUche(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2011
Goners -
1. Ohakim - IMO: This man practically has no support in Imo state. Let us all rejoice when this fool is ousted.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by ifyalways(f): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2011
EzeUche:

Goners -
1. Ohakim - IMO: This man practically has no support in Imo state. Let us all rejoice when this fool is ousted.

Amen .
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by KokoBeware: 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2011

Another AMEN to that, i just can't wait,
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2011
I dont understand why Alao is not a "Goner"
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by edoyad(m): 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2011
Lagosboy:

kWANKASO Was governor of Kano 12 years ago in 1999 , 12 years later he is about to be elected as Governor of Kano again, He must be deeply popular in the state.

Kano people are probably the most politically enigmatic people in this country. They can make or break a man in just a short period. When Kwankasao was defeated/disgraced 8 years ago, one would have thought he was finished in that state. Fast forward to 8 years later and they're bringing him back and at the same time rejecting the same people they used in upending him back then.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by olawalebabs(m): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2011
@jarus You fail to comment about the happening in your state kwara. I will love to hear that
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by monkeyleg: 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
No1 on your list is Uduaghan. he is a goner
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by harmeenut: 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2011
@ Jarus, yes let's read your view on Kwara, you seem to hide from this all this while?
Are kwarans ready to elect a woman a governor?
If PDP wins, Kwarans should still be regarded as Saraki's people since it is still another saraki
I think Belgore should be popular enough to win?

So Jarus what do you think
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by PapaBrowne(m): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

No1 on your list is Uduaghan. he is a goner

Very unlikely, given the fact that DPP performed well only in Delta Central.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by monkeyleg: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Very unlikely, given the fact that DPP performed well only in Delta Central.

Nope, considering that DPP did far better, and was rigged, a fact confirmed by Jega at last. Uduaghan cannot win in Delta
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by Jarus(m): 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
olawalebab:

@jarus You fail to comment about the happening in your state kwara. I will love to hear that

When informal reports came in that ACN was leading Kwara, I was ecstatic, but doubted it will be true. I honestly doubt it will possible to defeat Bukola Saraki's PDP, with teh structure he has on ground now.

I prefer ACN to win, but from what I read and heard, ACN was winning but overnight, PDP was declared winner the next morning. ACN is challenging the results. I don't know who actually won, so I ahve kept mute.

By the way, I'm still working on an article 'FROM FATHER TO SON, NOT YET EUREKA FOR KWARANS', where I want to lay Bukola bare for his hypocrisy.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by EzeUche(m): 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
T.A. Orji needs to go, but Abians does not have a quality opposition with the exception of PPA and no Abian wants to see their return. APGA and even ACN should have focused on this state. There is a lot of discontent against T.A. Orji.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by olawalebabs(m): 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
Jarus:

When informal reports came in that ACN was leading Kwara, I was ecstatic, but doubted it will be true. I honestly doubt it will possible to defeat Bukola Saraki's PDP, with teh structure he has on ground now.

I prefer ACN to win, but from what I read and heard, ACN was winning but overnight, PDP was declared winner the next morning. ACN is challenging the results. I don't know who actually won, so I ahve kept mute.

By the way, I'm still working on an article 'FROM FATHER TO SON, NOT YET EUREKA FOR KWARANS', where I want to lay Bukola bare for his hypocrisy.
you just said it, it'll be difficult to win bukola in kwara central because of what he did for the emirate, am waiting eargerly for that article, i have one article too 'like Ashiru, like Atiku'
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by loma(m): 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2011
@Jarus- Wrong on Katsina

You seem to have a lot of the others right though
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by AndreUweh(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2011
Ohakim is almost gone.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by EzeUche3(m): 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2011
I see my prediction is coming true.
Re: Governors Heading For Defeat by DisGuy: 11:34pm On Apr 27, 2011
Katsina is obviously a dodgy result, how do you lose all you senatorial seat and all but 2 seats in the rep to win the Governorship, if they're challenging the result tehy'd better make sure the Judge is not a PDP judge, straight forward case

the Curfews in Kaduna and Bauchi are a smokescreen, the excel sheet are at it again wink

Kwara

Belgore is an upstart he started his campaign late, didnt take took much advantage of the rift within the PDP and perhaps he isnt important enough to bring the ACN heavyweights to the town with all media frenzy. Kwara should consolidate on the Bukola years, they have the man with the purse for 8 years and the godfather with some Abuja power left, their chance to grow steadily and peacefully. Kwara can do without the remote control from lagos anyway, maybe another four year

(1) (Reply)

Abacha Among The 10 Most Notorious Money Laundering Cases Of The 20th Century / Nigerian Rogue Border Agency Official Jailed in the UK / Olusegun Mimiko Bags Best Governor Of The Year Award In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.