Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun (34843 Views)

Former Speaker Of The Osun State House Of Assembly, Mr. Adejare Bello Dumps PDP / PDP Governorship Rally In Adejare Bello Ward, Osun (Photos) / Adejare Bello Dumps PDP For APC In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by ijustdey: 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2021
Mr Bello said he slapped the journalist because he "drove against traffic."

The Nigerian ambassador to Mexico, Adejare Bello, on Friday, assaulted a journalist in Osun State.

Mr Adejare, a former speaker of the state assembly unleashed an attack on Adeniyi Akinromade, a journalist working with Osun State Broadcasting Corporation, while the latter was rendering a social service during traffic gridlock.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the gridlock was at the Oke-Fia axis of the state around 11:00 a.m. and the journalist decided to help control the movement of vehicles to ensure easy accessibility on the routes.

Mr Bello and the security personnel attached to him were on the route and witnesses said he alighted from his vehicle to assault Mr Akinromade.

“I was on my to Oke-Fia when I saw gridlock and people shunting. I took it upon myself to control some defiant motorists who were trying to manipulate their ways against traffic rule,” Mr Akinromade told PREMIUM TIMES.

“While I was carrying out this, Mr Bello was passing through the road and he felt I was obstructing his movement. He alighted from his vehicle with annoyance in front of the Nigeria police Microfinance bank along the axis.

“Despite telling him that I am [a] journalist and that I was only carrying out social service, he was slapping me alongside officers attached to him. I was brutalised and embarrassed publicly.”

When contacted, Mr Bello did not deny assaulting Mr Akinromade. He told our correspondent that “I was the only one who slapped him. My police officers were not involved”.

“Tell him (the journalist) to report to the police. He drove against traffic and I slapped him. I was the only one who slapped him and I am not denying that,”
he said, before dropping the call.

Act of hooliganism’

Condemning the incident, the Advocacy for Advancement of Peace & Harmony in Africa Initiative (ADAPHAI) in a statement by its coordinator, Sulaimon Suberu, said Mr Bello should be sanctioned.

“This act of hooliganism by Bello is condemnable and unacceptable, it is highly unbecoming of a man of his stature and status, although, he has a history of violence and public disturbance even when he held sway as the speaker of the Osun State House of Assembly, it is indeed disheartening that Bello has not changed for better despite his age and present exposure.

“Obviously, this type of character with violent mentality and temperamental nature cannot represent Nigeria anywhere, such personality will definitely disgrace Nigeria as an envoy in a foreign land.

“We, therefore, call on President Muhammadu Buhari to sack Bello without delay to avert future damage to Nigeria’s image and unimaginable diplomatic odium,” the statement read.

Mr Bello, a two-term Speaker of the Osun State House of Assembly was recently appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari as Nigeria’s ambassador to Mexico.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/448444-nigerias-ambassador-to-mexico-assaults-journalist.html

1 Like

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by slivertongue: 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
na their way. lawless crooks

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by slawormiir: 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Imagine appointing hooligans as ambassador
Funny enough all these ones nor read international relations or rather international study and diplomacy for school
Anyway let me not be fast to judge and take side.....because my grandfather will always say to me son......there are three sides to a story
1) the complainant own version
2) the accused own version
4) the true story
Nairalandian:
Werey Ambassador.
You suppose dey live for Mexico, make you go use mistake slap El Chapo pikin.
Or make him use mistake slap one José Luis the son to Alejandro anthonio.....brother of drug lord miguel Francisco......all those Mexican drug lord way nor dey forgive....na there area go take scatter

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Giantinno(m): 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
For a fool power lies in display of anger, but for the wise power lies in hiding of their anger.
- Dbull

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by vengertime: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Touts are now ambassadors

I won't be shock when MC Oluomo become the next governor after Sanwo Olu

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Werey Ambassador.
You suppose dey live for Mexico, make you go use mistake slap El Chapo pikin.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by docdes: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
A diplomat? Now, watch this:

he has a history of violence and public disturbance even when he held sway as the speaker of the Osun State House of Assembly
. A notably undiplomatic person was made a diplomat by this government. If Nigerians are wise, they shouldn't repeat the 2015 mistake. Nigeria needs leaders who think clearly.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Vickym1(f): 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
The journalist should sue him

4 Likes

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by JosephXavier: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
The difference between politicians in developed countries and that of Africans is that one sees his position as an opportunity to serve but the other sees his position as an opportunity to be served, respected and even feared

Ordinary Ambassador you're slapping somebody, if them come give you governor you go shoot people

How many people has he slapped in Mexico

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Stateoforigin: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Malians everywhere
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by superCleanworks(m): 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Big man mentality
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by sammysmiles(m): 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Some people no get co-ordination oooo

1 Like

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Queenlovely(f): 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by DenreleDave(m): 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
Nice one... Journalist pass him level, him chop slap.. Nice one ambassador

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by fourboys: 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
this guy think say him dey Nigeria
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Jestin: 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
I feel like giving him a dirty slap back
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Kapeter(m): 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
No be him fault make una no vex. He's been Mexican for a while. You know how they roll. On a mafia level.

1 Like

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by braveboy64(m): 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
Because you be ambassador, you slap the guy for traffic offense

4 Likes

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by tonididdy(m): 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
E fit try such nonsense for Mexico... Them go wrap am like cocaine

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by opsyswagger(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
Yes i did it

Imagin he didnt even deny that

This country na cruise
No freedom again

We are being treated like slave

1 Like

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by molotough(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
BSdetector:
This only goes to prove that the Mohammed isa story is a made up fictional character. Usual IPoB propaganda to massage their ego and feel among.... pathetic flatskulls.
The only bullshit story you fail to detect is the story of your paedophile, urine-drinking profet of a vampiric cult movement you call religion of piss. Even if the story about the elimination of terrorist leader: Isa Mohamd was made up as you say, your respond only shows your support for fulani terrorism on indigenous natives and that indeed there are many landless fulani black Arab terrorists on Nairaland, some like you who show your true motive and identity and others who disguise as Yorubas and Igbos paid to spread falsehood, lies and to cause distraction, confusion and hatred among southerners.

Go tell your masters that the spirits of all the millions of blacks negros they took into slavery for 1500 years will coalesce and descend on you all one day as Odudualand and Igbo land isn't yours for grab, tell them the only place they are going to dab the pages of their K'ran is inside the anus of a pig buried beside danfodio grave.

The days of the sokoto caliphate are numbered, the people you lumped together as hausawa are waking up and would crush you all soon. Na small time remain. All your plans and scheming and manipulations will only end up destroying your fulani terrorists people and all their mongrels

If you believe we will do better if we split, Like

If you still believe in one Nigeria share

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by sofeo(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by yeyeboi(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by curlarpy: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
Leave him, let him continue his gragra... The Mafians & drug lords in Mexico will teach him lesson...
Sholo stupid nii

2 Likes

Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Hisincrease: 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
Nigeria and Nigerians.

Make we manage the respect people.
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
Hmmm, shocked
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Commonguy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
the journalist don target the man incase he's kidnapped
Re: Adejare Bello Slaps Journalist, Adeniyi Akinromade In Osun by Rugaria: 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
Nothing will happen to him! That's the nature of Buharis regime.. The president doesn't understand the importance of holding public officers to high standards!
In other places, this is enough to end his career..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Oshiomhole Survives A Car Accident / I’ll Expose Failures Of Ex-heads Of State – Jonathan / Godwin Emefiele Tells Buhari To Sell Off Nigeria's Oil Stakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.