Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) (3586 Views)

Lady Burnt Noodles While Watching 'Zee World' (Photos) / For The Safety Of Our Health(pics) / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 11:44am On Mar 13, 2021
Take a look at the quantity of salt sodium chloride in just one medium sized indomie (1680mg),which is equivalent to 1.68g.Bear in mind that this composition alone is for the noddle and the salt in the spice not added yet which could even be twice. This is dangerous for the populace including the so called healthy population because it will lead to ill heath such as hypertension, heart failure resulting from water retention.
Why then has the NAFDAC allowed this ill foods to be sold to the public without caution to say the least.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J front page to enlighten our people

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Arijude(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:
Take a look at the quantity of salt sodium chloride in just one medium sized indomie (1680mg),which is equivalent to 1.68kg.Bear in mind that this composition alone is for the noddle and the salt in the spice not added yet which could even be twice. This is dangerous for the populace including the so called healthy population because it will lead to ill heath such as hypertension, heart failure resulting from water retention.
Why then has the NAFDAC allowed this ill foods to be sold to the public without caution to say the least.

what of spaghetti?

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2021
Arijude:
what of spaghetti?
I didn't see that on golden penny spaghetti, I don't know about Dangote
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Arijude(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:

ok
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Romanoff(f): 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2021
I eat the smallest size noodle, one pack with lots of veggies and proteins and even at that, I don't use the whole seasoning.

I use to eat two small packs before, I stopped cause after eating it, my urine would b come so yellow.

So instead of two, I eat one and substitute with lots of veggies and proteins.

11 Likes

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Omihanifa: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2021
There's just something about indomie noodles that makes it different from others

As for me I always notice that anytime I eat indomie my urine always turns out very yellow like (deep yellow)

I suspect that they are adding colouring to the Noddles or its make with refined Palm oil
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Cutehector(m): 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Did you see NACL there? Or just sodium only

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by JaneYave(f): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
Wise choice is the best

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by SMBH: 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:
Take a look at the quantity of salt sodium chloride in just one medium sized indomie (1680mg),which is equivalent to 1.68kg.Bear in mind that this composition alone is for the noddle and the salt in the spice not added yet which could even be twice. This is dangerous for the populace including the so called healthy population because it will lead to ill heath such as hypertension, heart failure resulting from water retention.

I want to stop it. I always purge when i eat
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by olasaad(f): 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Ok team smiley golden penny spaghetti
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Rugaria: 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
There's a spike in such illnesses like hypertension, diabetes, liver/stomach cancer and postrate cancer.. Look around, you must know somebody around you that has just died of any of these or suffering from those at the moment the. It was not like this before..
The rate at which these killers are diagnosed these days is so rampant and so frequent, you need nobody to tell you that something has been introduced into the food chain in this country! I used to suspect the inordinate use of chemical fertilizers. But then seeing how useless NAFDAC has become post Akunyili, I suspect widely used foods and drinks like this indomie noodles, soft drinks like Coca-Cola etc. Even those who worry about our population might have taken matters into their own hands..
They're no quality standards nor inspections because the staffs at NAFDAC and SON were recruited just to fill up positions with no reference to good qualifications. The net effects can be seen as these deseases that used to be rare have become the normal killers these days..

3 Likes

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by pozehnani(f): 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2021
I stopped eating it. I only do on very few occasions but then I make sure I parboil and drain it to get rid of the additives before the final cooking. Though I'll stop it finally that is if I haven't already.

I've been telling people about the dangers of eating and giving their children noodles because apart from the high sodium content, it also contains a chemical additive known as serotonin ( I hope I got that right) which is what gives noodles its curly form and this has a bad effect in the body.

Serotonin disrupts the body's ability to absorb healthy nutrients from other foods as it blocks the bodys receptors that help in absorbs quality nutrients which makes it very detrimental to the overall well being.

I warn mothers who resort to it as a quick fix for childrens breakfast. While some have stopped giving their babies, some keep saying theyve been advised to add eggs and veggies to combat whatever side effect there is but this is not true at it doesn't work.

I hope they listen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by SKhanmi: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
Is it me or is there an increase in preservatives on most food items? Tasted one of those stick sweets given to my little cousin and the first thing was a chemical taste, the Spagetti & indomie are even worse, I can smell the preservatives on most without opening the packages. Avoid anything pasta for your own good.
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2021
Romanoff:
I eat the smallest size noodle, one pack with lost of veggies and proteins and even at that, I don't use the whole seasoning.

I use to eat two small packs before, I stopped cause after eating it, my urine would b come so yellow.

So instead of two, I eat one and substitute with lots of veggies and proteins.
That's the best, is highly unhealthy
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by EngrMcDon(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2021
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 12:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
Cutehector:
Did you see NACL there? Or just sodium only
Baba the sodium is the koko, forget the cl-. Na is what leads to the water retention in the body not even cl-. That's why some antihypertensives act by excreting Na. Know this and know a healthy living

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kayberg: 12:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:

It is not 1.68kg, it is 1.68g.
If a 1.68kg of salt is used in such a pack of 100g, then what will the weight be?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by EngrMcDon(m): 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
First of all, 1680mg is not 1.68kg.

Carry on

3 Likes

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kayberg:

If a 1.68kg of salt is used in such a pack of 100g, then what will the weight be?
Thanks, modified,.. Even at that, that's just for a 100g of noodles with the salt in the spice excluded, that's to tell you what is at stake
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by EngrMcDon(m): 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kayberg:

I tire o
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
EngrMcDon:

I tire o
Corrected but still doesn't snt change the message

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kayberg: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Thanks, modified,.. Even at that, that's just for a 100g of noodles with the salt in the spice excluded, that's to tell you what is at stake
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kayberg: 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:

I understand you well though…
But whenever I want to prepare mine, if it's more than one pack, I use all chilli but one pack of its seasoning.
Then, I slice up fresh tomatoes, fresh pepper, garlic, onion and add vegetable oil, curry, thyme as additional seasonings.
Trust me, its noodle taste would have changed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by maureensylvia(f): 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Bad market for them chaii
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:
Bad market for them chaii

Bad market how What Dufil is doing is very very bad. I personally don't eat indomie. Too much preservatives.
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by missjekyll: 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
Poster that is a humongous amount of salt,I tell you. All that salt is for everything seasoning and noodles themselves.

I got very angry when they were allowed to sell hungry man size ,orobo coke and all the other supersized junk foods.

Can we stop please?
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
Josbreed:

Ogbeni, shift jor. It is Sodium written on the pack NOT Sodium Chloride. Don't be twisting the truth anyhow you feel like.
Still doesn't change anything
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Charx122: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:
Take a look at the quantity of salt sodium chloride in just one medium sized indomie (1680mg),which is equivalent to 1.68g.Bear in mind that this composition alone is for the noddle and the salt in the spice not added yet which could even be twice. This is dangerous for the populace including the so called healthy population because it will lead to ill heath such as hypertension, heart failure resulting from water retention.

Why you coming here to spoil someone's product .....Go and make yours ..Mr detective
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
Charx122:

Why you coming here to spoil someone's product .....Go and make yours ..Mr detective
Well u stupid capitalists won't feed on the blood of the innocent

2 Likes

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by sunshineV(f): 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
avoid indomie all u want na death go still kill you

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
Please stop panicking and stop misunderstanding......

The salt in indomie isn't in the noodles itself, it's in the follow come seasoning and it's not just anyhow salt it's sea salt which is way better and more flavourful than the commercially sold iodized table salt. (The purpose of the salt is to prserve and to add flavour and there isn't any point preserving something that's already been dehydrated)

Now when preparing noodles or pasta in general you aren't ment to allow the water dry while cooking else all the flavour and salt and everything would be too concentrated and just taste like trash to a normal humans tongue (we nigerians are not on this category).

What you're ment to do is put the heat on medium low and cook just until the noodle or pasta is tender but still firm, at this point your noodle/pasta is done so all you do now is drain and enjoy

KAPISH?!!

Next time just ask what it means and someone would be kind enough to explain.

Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Calls For Therapy: Meet The 44-year-old Mother Who Breastfeeds Her Dog / The Best Banana Cake Recipe / Weekend Breakfast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.