Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) (3631 Views)

Lady Burnt Noodles While Watching 'Zee World' (Photos) / For The Safety Of Our Health(pics) / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Ghostrye: 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
first off, that is the amount of SODIUM in the pack, not the amount of sodium chloride in it
Secondly, I can't see where they wrote it was in the noodles alone, not the seasoning
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by FanOfMyself: 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2021
Romanoff:
I eat the smallest size noodle, one pack with lost of veggies and proteins and even at that, I don't use the whole seasoning.

I use to eat two small packs before, I stopped cause after eating it, my urine would b come so yellow.

So instead of two, I eat one and substitute with lots of veggies and proteins.
My urine turns yellow too after eating indomie noodles. I prefer tummy tummy noodles.
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by gentle007(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Corrected but still doesn't snt change the message
If it doesn't change the message, do you have an idea how much sodium you use in your own home-cooked food?
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 7:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
gentle007:

If it doesn't change the message, do you have an idea how much sodium you use in your own home-cooked food?
Yes I do, a teaspoon of NACL is about 4g, by teaspoon I mean the small coffee spoon and not the ones you Nigerians use to eat
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
coker007:
Please stop panicking and stop misunderstanding......

The salt in indomie isn't in the noodles itself, it's in the follow come seasoning and it's not just anyhow salt it's sea salt which is way better and more flavourful than the commercially sold iodized table salt. (The purpose of the salt is to prserve and to add flavour and there isn't any point preserving something that's already been dehydrated)

Now when preparing noodles or pasta in general you aren't ment to allow the water dry while cooking else all the flavour and salt and everything would be too concentrated and just taste like trash to a normal humans tongue (we nigerians are not on this category).

What you're ment to do is put the heat on medium low and cook just until the noodle or pasta is tender but still firm, at this point your noodle/pasta is done so all you do now is drain and enjoy

KAPISH?!!

Next time just ask what it means and someone would be kind enough to explain.

Peace
Sense is far from, you think I didn't read the contents before coming here, read the seasoning content u will clearly see iodised salt, please research before showing your ignorance
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Tats(m): 12:03am On Mar 14, 2021
Ghostrye:
first off, that is the amount of SODIUM in the pack, not the amount of sodium chloride in it
Secondly, I can't see where they wrote it was in the noodles alone, not the seasoning

They neglected to put chloride there as it would be easily detected as salt.
Then they did not put salt and called it sodium so that it will not be easily recognisable. That is clearly wrong and will not be allowed in developed societies. It needs to be labelled as Salt!

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Probz(m): 12:50am On Mar 14, 2021
Something must kill a (wo)man. Let’s not even go there.
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 14, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Sense is far from, you think I didn't read the contents before coming here, read the seasoning content u will clearly see iodised salt, please research before showing your ignorance

You my smart friend have a conviction bias......(it's not an offensive word oooo) have a nice week ahead
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by meobizy(f): 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
E no concern me. It is cheap and tastes delicious.
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2021
meobizy:
E no concern me. It is cheap and tastes delicious.
That's how ill health will be looking at you as cheap and delicious grin cheesy grin
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Petyr1: 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kebbiprince:
Take a look at the quantity of salt sodium chloride in just one medium sized indomie (1680mg),which is equivalent to 1.68g.Bear in mind that this composition alone is for the noddle and the salt in the spice not added yet which could even be twice. This is dangerous for the populace including the so called healthy population because it will lead to ill heath such as hypertension, heart failure resulting from water retention.
Why then has the NAFDAC allowed this ill foods to be sold to the public without caution to say the least.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J front page to enlighten our people
i just checked the mimee noodles i bought now and discover that it has only 1180mg. So that means if i eat two noodles of mimee, i will consume 2360mg. However, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends limiting sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day. So mimee is still safe.
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
Petyr1:
i just checked the mimee noodles i bought now and discover that it has only 1180mg. So that means if i eat two noodles of mimee, i will consume 2360mg. However, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends limiting sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day. So mimee is still safe.
That's provided u ate only two mimee indomies for that day because other foods u will consume will have sodium. Also note that the salt requirements for us should be lower than the Whites, we are more susceptible to Na overload than they are!

1 Like

Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 15, 2021
I really do not know why OP is trying to educated stubborn people. Well, I have been searching for 1 person who eats this terrible, disgusting, killing food regular and lives long. I have not seen. The perfect combo with antibiotics and chemical produced eggs all over Nigeria is a reason life expectancy is around 55 years. I do not know what is hard in eating well cooked food at home. Goodluck to people consuming this poison.
Re: Noodles (indomies) Dangerous For Health (pics) by Kebbiprince: 4:23pm On Mar 15, 2021
PeaceLovJoy:
I really do not know why OP is trying to educated stubborn people. Well, I have been searching for 1 person who eats this terrible, disgusting, killing food regular and lives long. I have not seen. The perfect combo with antibiotics and chemical produced eggs all over Nigeria is a reason life expectancy is around 55 years. I do not know what is hard in eating well cooked food at home. Goodluck to people consuming this poison.
They only come here to argue without taking the message, good thing is that they're few reasonable people like you who already know this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Wheat Flour Be Prepared For Drinking? / Is Bread And Tea Really A Balanced Diet? / PHOTO: Have You Been To This "University Of Amala"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.