Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs (3602 Views)

Zamfara Govt Robbed My Houses, Stole Cars, Hijabs, Stoves – Matawalle / Sri Lanka Uprising Holds Lessons For Nigeria -Punch Editorial / Elebuibon: Let Our Children Wear Hijabs, Traditional Beads To Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by chrisxxx(m): 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2021
While the debate here is to allow Hijabs in school Sri Lanka has banned any form of face covering for security reasons.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Mabizeka: 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
No good news about this head slammers

20 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Racoon(m): 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
This is what they are killing themselves with in Ilorin, Osun, Lagos, and some parts of the northern region.Lets hear what MURIC and the caliphate has to say.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by OBALOLA55(m): 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
LET US HEAR FROM ISHAQ AKINTOLA FIRST

5 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by XXXXTENTACION: 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Nice one.
this needs to be enforced in...

6 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Penguin2: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2021
When I become President, I will ban that shit too.

Sharia Law will be rescinded. Fvcck it, Nigeria is a secular state.

I will scandalize the north.

Every act of wickedness or injury on humans due to religious extremism shall be met with extreme punishment.

#BackwardNorth

24 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by harmargedon: 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
I see no reason why someone who's reasonable will be covering their faces.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by longetivity(m): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
Racoon:
This is what they are killing themselves with in Ilorin, Osun, Lagos, and some parts of the northern region.
keep quiet boy
Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Rugaria: 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
Sirilanka bans hijab, Saudi lifts ban on female driving and starts building a smart city that will be run mainly on secular laws, Sudan declares itself a secular state and removes religious interference in politics, Dubai turns to the new Las Vegas of the middle east, Iran plans going to the moon, Indonesia is building a totally new capital city while turning Bali into one of the hottest fun spots in the world, Dubai has the tallest building in the world.. Should I go on?

All are muslim states! I haven't mentioned Singapore, Malaysia or Brunei! Have you been to Hamad international to see glass, steal and marble as the airport? But in Uthman Dan Fodios northern Nigeria, what do we have? Over ten million almajiris roaming the streets, eating from the dustbin and having no formal education! Women being abducted right left and center! Islam came from Arabia but our over righteous stock of unproductive human quantity in the north, dressed in sanctimonious facade, wants you and I to believe it's best practiced in Arewaland! From their dusty desert huts ofcourse..

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
Rugaria:
Sirilanka bans hijab, Saudi lift bans on female driving and starts building a smart city that will be run mainly on secular laws, Sudan declares itself a secular state and removes religious interference in politics, Dubai turns to the new Las Vegas of the middle east, Iran plans going to the moon, Indonesia is building a totally new capital city while turning Bali into one of the hottest fun spots in the world, Dubai has the tallest building in the world.. Should I go on?

All are muslim states! I haven't mentioned Singapore, Malaysia or Brunei! Have you been to Hamad international to see glass, steal and marble as the airport? But in Uthman Dan Fodios northern Nigeria, what do we have? Over ten million almajiris roaming the streets, eating from the dustbin and having no formal education! Women being abducted right left and center! Islam came from Arabia but our over righteous stock of unproductive human quantity in the north, dressed in sanctimonious facade, wants you and I to believe it's best practiced in Arewaland! From their dusty desert huts ofcourse..
Epic! Say it again in another way. I love your diction. Please say it more and better.

14 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by kemicalreact: 7:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
Dumbass! Hijab is different from Burka.

2 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by capitalzero: 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2021
Rugaria:
Sirilanka bans hijab, Saudi lift bans on female driving and starts building a smart city that will be run mainly on secular laws, Sudan declares itself a secular state and removes religious interference in politics, Dubai turns to the new Las Vegas of the middle east, Iran plans going to the moon, Indonesia is building a totally new capital city while turning Bali into one of the hottest fun spots in the world, Dubai has the tallest building in the world.. Should I go on?

Say it louder !!!!

8 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by tito44: 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
This is a nice move. They should also ban islam so their country will move forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by naptu2: 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2021
Title of thread ≠ title of article.

Which of these was banned and which of these do the school girls want to wear?

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by chiiraq802(m): 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
OBALOLA55:
LET US HEAR FROM ISHAQ AKINTOLA FIRST

That Ishaq Akintola dey Smoke Cotonou Weed. cheesy
Man been spewing trash back 2 back.

2 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2021
naptu2:
Title of thread ≠ title of article.

Which of these was banned and which of these do the school girls want to wear?
Islam is a public nuisance sha?

Is nudity not the same nusiance with this foolishness

3 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by adadike(f): 9:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
Any woman wearing hijab and burqa is a potential terrorist

6 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Samunique(m): 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Nice one.

this needs to be enforced in...
Nigeria !!!!
Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by tit(f): 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2021
Muric, the bastrad grandson of Afonja, will not like this.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Iegendhero: 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
The news said Burka, some deranged religious fanatics are equating it to school girls in Nigeria.

Is hijabs same as Burkah? Are girls always covering their faces in Nigeria schools? I thought they only cover their heads.

I also don’t subscribe to burkah because it dosen’t make sense for you to cover up your face like a masquerade such that we won’t be able to know who is who.

But normal hijab is okay and I don’t see any reason why some Christians take offense from Muslim students using that in school. Even USA allow hijabs let alone a country with almost equal Muslim/Christian population like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Iegendhero: 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
adadike:
Any woman wearing hijab and burqa is a potential terrorist

Exactly. Like the catholic nun below.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Tulsaguy: 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2021
Peace dies wherever Islam grows.

5 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 14, 2021
Iegendhero:

Exactly. Like the catholic nun below.

you can only bring nun here until it becomes a verified danger to society which the islamic burka has become.

By the way nun apparel is not for all Christian women, but for a limited Catholic serving sisters who are mostly within the confirnment of the Catholic church

Every dick and Harry can wear a 6 yard hijab or burka as a Muslim and strap a bomb beneath it

11 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by chamboy(m): 2:23am On Mar 14, 2021
Penguin2:
When I become President, I will ban that shit too.

Sharia Law will be rescinded. Fvcck it, Nigeria is a secular state.

I will scandalize the north.

Every act of wickedness or injury on humans due to religious extremism shall be met with extreme punishment.

#BackwardNorth
just make sure you reflect same act on Christians too.
Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by naptu2: 2:36am On Mar 14, 2021
Mikecold:
Islam is a public nuisance sha?

Is nudity not the same nusiance with this foolishness

What the hell had this got to do with my post and how does it answer my questions?
Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by juman(m): 3:44am On Mar 14, 2021
Banning burka is good step in that country because of security concern.

Burka is not part of islamic dressing code.
It is an arab culture.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by chrisxxx(m): 6:56am On Mar 14, 2021
kemicalreact:
Dumbass! Hijab is different from Burka.
Bandit did you read any kind of face covering?

2 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Monogamy: 6:57am On Mar 14, 2021
To be forewarned.....
Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by Obalowe(m): 7:12am On Mar 14, 2021
Rugaria:

Aptly captured.
Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by kemicalreact: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2021
chrisxxx:

Bandit did you read any kind of face covering?
Are you stupid or what? You cover your head with Hijab not not your face. Dumbass! Read before you start disgracing yourself and your education online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by gambia(m): 7:40am On Mar 14, 2021
Over to MUMURIC.
Re: Sri Lanka Bans Hijabs by chrisxxx(m): 8:08am On Mar 14, 2021
kemicalreact:
Are you stupid or what? You cover your head with Hijab not not your face. Dumbass! Read before you start disgracing yourself and your education online.
Hoodlum your agents use it to cover 3/4 of their face.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only South West Christians Will Vote Muslim Muslim Ticket / Condoms Increases Risk Of Aids: Says "pope". / Abuja Killings: Ig Withdraws Riot Policemen From Fct Banks !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.