Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG (8118 Views)

Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina / Femi Adesina Insists Security Has Improved Despite Sultan’s Claim / Sanwo-Olu: I Never Promised To Fix Apapa Gridlock In 60 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Lanrelagboi: 5:58am On Mar 15, 2021
Lagos State Government has said the Apapa traffic gridlock has improved, just as it urged terminal operators to support the interventions put in place to end the traffic gridlock in Apapa and its environs.

The Special Adviser to the Governor of Lagos State on Transportation, Mr. Oluwatoyin Fayinka disclosed this during an operation review meeting with terminal operators at the Tin Can Island ports in Apapa.

Fayinka, who also doubles as the Chairman, Traffic Management Enforcement Team, declared that the meeting is in continuation of efforts to enlist the support of all critical stakeholders in the Ports at Apapa to eliminate traffic gridlock which has the Terminal Operators playing a critical role.

He noted that traffic in and out of Apapa and its environs has improved drastically, saying "If you come in through Eko Bridge, Ijora, Sifas or Iganmu, the road is free. The only problem we are having now is from Area B to the Port”.

Speaking on the plan to bring Shippers to the round table so that they can be in sync with the transport initiative of the present administration, Fayinka said, "We have actually met with Shippers Council and they told us they are ready. We have agreed that the next meeting will be to engage the Shippers Council, the truckers, the terminal operators, Nigerian Ports Authority and every other stakeholder, so that they can all reveal their challenges”.

“This is necessary because we will want the Shippers Council to be up and doing in the evacuation of empty containers. It is their responsibility to remove empty containers from blocking the roads'', he disclosed.

The Chairman of Apapa Local Government Area, Mr. Adele Elijah, while charging terminal operators on the need to support the e-call up system, noted that the time of making excuses is over and everyone must cooperate with the State Government on Apapa traffic gridlock intervention.

"The traffic situation has to be drastically reduced so that even your businesses can thrive. When the road is free, the turnover for you will be high. Traffic causes health, security, environmental and other societal problems. I am begging us, let us make this work", the LG Chairman said.

Also speaking at the event, Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Central Business Districts, Mr. Sola Giwa, informed the terminal operators to automate their operations and sync up effectively with the ETO system designed to sequence and batch trucks coming into the ports.

Giwa also revealed that Truckers have expressed frustrations at some of the actions of the Holding Bay operators, adding that 48 hours evacuation will be executed at Tincan just as it was done at Apapa Ports which was effective.

In her response, Princess Vicky Hastrup, Chairman Seaport Terminal Operators Association of Nigeria (STOAN), stressed that the existence of Petroleum Tank Farms within Apapa area was the beginning of the traffic woes of the area. She asked the State Government to engage the Federal Government and relocate the Tank Farms as the State was sitting on a keg of gunpowder.

However, the terminal operators promised the State Government that they will not constitute any form of encumbrance to the current intervention in place to end the traffic gridlock in Apapa and its environs.

The Forum also advised Tincan Port Operators to inform the authorities about members of staff and other officials indulging in sharp practices detrimental to the entire process.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158897930606013&id=735776012

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Jestin: 6:25am On Mar 15, 2021
Step by step, we shall get there. FTC on a Monday morning so this week will be a blessing to all hustlers out there .

10 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by KingKingKing: 6:25am On Mar 15, 2021
God bless Sanwo olu and the Lagos state govt

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Kabasa5(m): 6:25am On Mar 15, 2021
Nice one. God bless Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by ObiOfOnistha: 6:27am On Mar 15, 2021
Lagos is working others are looking

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by adedehinbo(m): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2021
Lagos setting the pace! I don't understand why the northerners are hell bent on the unity of the country despite the agitations of the south

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by BruncleZuma: 6:28am On Mar 15, 2021
grin grin grin grin

With the way governments lie in this country, I'd rather wait for those who live in Apapa axis to come and verify this beatiful news.

16 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by merits(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2021
wink

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by slawormiir: 6:31am On Mar 15, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by SaintNav: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2021
The same road I plied yesterday? Not true! angry

____

LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 70% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦2,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Contact us on WhatsApp via the number on the flyer below to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263088_get01_jpeg244697957fd2ba75d65b1ca5c1b7fa09

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263092_marr01_jpeg76110f727b4c2b1a435bfd5533a37bf3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263090_aa01_jpegd02f1f05ba2ae046ce617eb0204cc519

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263094_of_jpegbff4bac45bc461931b269c5bb272f34b

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by beautyhd: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2021
How did it improve?

Those plying apapa route should come and confirm. I try as much as possible to avoid anything taking me there unless my presence is highly needed.

Plying that route is not for the faint hearted, motorists cursing and bike guys driving in between trailers like those heavy duty vehicles don't kill.

7 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by teacherbim(f): 6:34am On Mar 15, 2021
Apapa Gridlock has improved

Lori iro.

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Alejobs: 6:35am On Mar 15, 2021
grin

Most of our problems in Nigeria is as a result of lack if common sense. Why did the people of Apapa has to suffer for that long? We need to demand more from our leaders. I have reliable external solution for your laptop, Tv, Phones, fan and light. Solar powered!

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Lawsaite: 6:36am On Mar 15, 2021
wink
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by opalu: 6:36am On Mar 15, 2021
Okay
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by chiefdiye(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2021
Eko oni baje o,
long live Lagos
Long live FGN

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by bigfish3k: 6:38am On Mar 15, 2021
We want it eradicated
Not improvement
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Lexusgs430: 6:38am On Mar 15, 2021
The roads nko...... grin
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by smalldoctor: 6:40am On Mar 15, 2021
Yet 300 transport fare to CMS from Boundary Ajejunle, so who is fooling who :-
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by realstars: 6:42am On Mar 15, 2021
Burous State In A Purous Nation By Purous People
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Cashsteady(m): 6:43am On Mar 15, 2021
adedehinbo:
Lagos setting the pace! I don't understand why the northerners are hell bent on the unity of the country despite the agitations of the south

cuz they know poverty will consume them if Nigeria divides... awon terrorist oshi despite the fact that they have ruled the country the most they are still the poorest, go to every single roundabouts in the south go and see how they full there I can't believe I share country with this northerners na too dey Carry religion Matter for head dem sabi

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Cashsteady(m): 6:46am On Mar 15, 2021
adedehinbo:

lol
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Iruobean(m): 6:46am On Mar 15, 2021
shocked
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Duplexxx: 6:47am On Mar 15, 2021
Good
Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:47am On Mar 15, 2021
Good development

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apapa Gridlock Has Improved - LASG by Xscape047: 6:48am On Mar 15, 2021
Yexxxo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets / 2019 Elections: Looters Using Stolen Money To Fight Buhari - Muslim Group, MURIC / 2019: It’s Insulting For PDP To Attempt Returning To Power – Ex-speaker, Bamisil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.