Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement (7632 Views)

Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu / Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail / President & Labour Finally Reach An Agreement - Work Resumes Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Sarahluv(f): 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2011
rasputinn:

"God has used Bakare's refusal to sign the post dated resignation letter to stop an unholy alliance of two strange bed fellows who were destined to fail. Tinubu was selfishly pushing for this alliance because he wants to be vice president in the alliance. His wife has already been made a senator elect. Jonathan can never act this way. Nigerians, please open your eyes and see through the deceit of these selfish politicians. I am glad that with the collapse of this ACN/CPC alliance, ACN will likely join other parties to mobilise their supporters to vote massively for Jonathan. Jonathan has a Goodluck indeed"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/why-acn-cpc-talks-collapsed/#disqus_thread

I'm feeling u bros (ever since the "stock market tips for Nigerians" thread). Bakare was indeed used by God.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by dejahvu(m): 9:28am On Apr 15, 2011
I hear PDP has started sharing billions of naira in order to win saturday's election.
if i may asked, If GEJ is that good,popular n d rit man, y are they givin out money to the masses to vote for him?

you guess is as good as mine,

anyway contact me if you nis some cool cash bt u shld be ready to vote GEJ
U culd as well ask If Obama was a Good candidate why did he spend much money
CPC is poor we dont need poverty, GEJ/SAMBO all the way.we need Y2K compliant leaders
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by dvd(f): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2011
In 1985,IBB was the president of Nigeria and our Teacher told us about Buhari the former President.

Then our Teacher again told us that we are the leaders of tomorrow

25 years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for President.

It's either our teacher lied to us about us being the leaders of tommorrow

OR TOMORROW never still reach, Which one na??
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by rhymz(m): 11:26am On Apr 15, 2011
I think the theme of the thread is deliberately misleading.
However, I find the erratic nature of the southwest politicians & their brand of politics unsettling, their decisions are always based on parochial regional interests and it makes agreement with them hard to follow.
I am seriously disappointed in Ribadu, his docility since he joined the ACN has only given credence to people's fear that he lacks the the required experience, skills, finesse and control of a leader. He has let Tinubu run every aspect of his campaign like he, Ribadu does not have to do anything but just engage in small talks.
I can't believe a prospective candidate for the office of the president can be so docile and passive in matters that directly affect him and his deputy.
In negotiations such as this, the other party will be more comfortable negotiating directly with the real people involved; they want to see Ribadu take charge of the negotiations, concessions and agreements reached rathan a looming and belligerant Tinubu calling all the shots and making all the demands like he is the one that is contesting or the chairman of the party-handing down orders like he does with the ACN.
There is nothing wrong with securing the party's interest and ensuring that the other party signed a post-dated later to that effect. My problem with the whole issue is why let Tinubu take charge during the meeting like he is the one that is going to be president and then giving concessions to him directly-no wonder Bakare declined such a move vehemently knowing where that was going to lead in the end-in his ridiculous demand list, he did not even make mention of Ribadu's vice as any of the possible replacements.
One would have expected that after Tinubu, Ribadu and co would have had their own discussions before they meet with the other negotiating party, an agreement would ve been reached to let Ribadu lead the discussions with other party. Afterall, Tunde Bakare was allowed in his own party to choose whether to accept to step down or not. If CPC could allow him that right to be in one of the driver seats od the negotiations why not Ribadu and his Vice too?
This was thesame way Atiku was boxed out until he got fed up and left the party, ACN still has that heavy tribal influence that makes it difficult for non-southwesterners to follow up in the party's scheme of things without feeling alienated.
Tinubu's visible interference is looming too large for comfort
that it creates uneasiness with any other party that is negotiating with them. He needs to stay behind the scene and let others do his dirty work for him withou him getting directly involved.
May be Bakare would have been more forthcoming if those demands and concessions were seen to be directly those of Ribadu's even if they are actually Tinubu's.
Come tomorow saturday, GEJ is going to beat them hands down not just because of his popularity but also, GEJ has managed to flag the best and elaborate campaign that has a good balance of regional interests and acceptability. Who would have thought that the PDP inspite of the deliberate media witch hunt will still pull it off and still be in the majority both in the senate and house of rep.
Until the oppositions learn to put the nation's interests first before their parochial interests, the PDP will always thump them in the head during elections, rigging or no rigging.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by marcus1234: 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2011
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Akosbaba(m): 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
The only realistic chance of defeating GEJ just went up in flames.see them both in 2015(if Cpc still exists)
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by skelemba: 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2011
Follow @mypages10 on twitter for your news update and hottest entertainment gist.
www.twitter.com/mypages10
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by switch47(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2011
They shall surely gather but they will scatter in confusion.GOODLUCK JONATHAN WINNING ALREADY BY A LARGE -WIDE MARGIN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Beautiful 19 Year Old Wife Of Ex-governor Of Kogi, Late Audu Abubakar / APC And PDP Have Nothing To Offer Nigerians – Donald Duke / Trader Moni Boosts Financial Inclusion With 1.2m New Account Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.