Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph (25627 Views)

Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush / Boko Haram Kills 25 Soldiers In Borno Ambush - The Cable / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers In Borno Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by ijustdey: 7:52am On Mar 15, 2021
There were strong indications over the weekend that the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) may have lost a Commanding Officer (CO) and at least 14 of its gallant troops during an ambush attack by suspected terrorist elements within the Gudumbali general area of Borno State.

Investigation by New Telegraph revealed that the CO was a Major, who gallantly remained a ‘reference point’.

It was gathered that the terrorists, who were said to be of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) extraction, suffered worse casualty, with scores reportedly taken out.

Military sources, who spoke in confidence with this newspaper, said the development formed part of the briefings the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Lucky Irabor, alongside other Service Chiefs, received during an operational visit to troops’ location in Borno State, a few days ago.

In the wake of growing insecurity, occasioned by insurgency, banditry, kidnapping, armed robbery, cattle rustling and other violent crimes across parts of the country, President Muhammadu Buhari had given the Service Chiefs a marching order, to “secure” the nation in the next few weeks.

Following the presidential directive, the Service Chiefs, led by Irabor, have continued to undertake operational tours of theatres, in a bid to boost troops’ morale. Speaking on the latest attack, the source said: “I called somebody (an officer on the frontline), who confirmed what happened about three days ago.

“He said the Acting CO, a Major, was involved. That was what he said; he was reportedly killed in ambush. In fact, he (officer) said the late acting CO was his course-mate.”

Meanwhile, another source, who spoke in similar vein, hinted of movement of new equipment to reinforce troops’ operational capability in the North- East theatre. He assured that, regardless of the said attack, the new military heads will make a fundamental difference in the ongoing counter- insurgency operations.

He said: “They have moved in new equipment into the theatre…to enhance ongoing operations. One thing I know is that the new Service Chiefs would want to make an impact, hopefully.”

However, efforts by our correspondent to get the reaction of the Director, Army Public Relations (DAPR), Brig-Gen. Mohammed Yerima, failed, as SMS and WhatsApp messages sent to his phone, were not replied.

Meanwhile, as at the time of filing this report, Yerima only sent a message saying: “I will soon come out with a release please.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/borno-attack-how-we-lost-commanding-officer-14-soldiers-military-sources/

1 Share

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Akaegwu(m): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2021
OK. Killing the killers, killer's the killing.
Sorry for Nigeria.
Dumb government.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 7:55am On Mar 15, 2021
cry
Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by docdes: 7:56am On Mar 15, 2021
Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Jostoman: 7:56am On Mar 15, 2021
A whole 14 soldiers die the president and his Vice did not even bother but if was to go and celebrate one governor install by TANKO MUHAMMED the whole of ASO ROCK would have move to IMO STATE. Nonsense

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Nbotee(m): 7:57am On Mar 15, 2021
Army would soon com and deny and denounce these ones

9 Likes

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Racoon(m): 8:00am On Mar 15, 2021
Terrible men! Yet a C-in-C went to celebrate the worst judicial miscarriage of justice in Imo state? Perhaps the late "reference point" Major must have been a pain in the ass against BH that have been set up for the kill by insiders.

The late Lt.Col.Abu Ali's case always makes my heart ache for how bastardized the Nigerian military has become which is now more extremely dangerous than the BH terrorism out there.There is a war of attrition & self destruction actively ongoing within.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Tolexander: 8:03am On Mar 15, 2021
Investigation by New Telegraph revealed that the CO was a Major, who gallantly remained a ‘reference point’.

Can we see the name of the Commmanding Officer (Major) killed and his CV?

Surely, it must have been one of our best officers dealing ruthlessly with these terrorists. I smell this Major must have been betrayed by the Nigerian army to take him out of the way due to his verocious fight against the insurgence

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:12am On Mar 15, 2021
Boko Haram can never be defeated no be swear, when u have a government that plays politics with human lives where do you expect the victory to come from?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by RuddyFusion(m): 8:12am On Mar 15, 2021
One killing.too many....how is the military so comfortable with the continued killing of Thier men none stop?

Who's benefitting from ALLL these?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by SarkinYarki: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2021
Jostoman:
A whole 14 soldiers die the president and his Vice did not even bother but if was to go and celebrate one governor install by TANKO MUHAMMED the whole of ASO ROCK would have move to IMO STATE. Nonsense

Omo this Buhari govt ehh

9 Likes

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Igbankpa(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2021
This is sad! another daughter/son just lost a father, another mother just lost a son, another wife just became a widow. when will all this stop?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Maxymilliano(m): 9:21am On Mar 15, 2021
There were strong indications over the weekend that the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) may have lost a Commanding Officer (CO) and at least 14 of its gallant troops during an ambush attack by suspected terrorist elements within the Gudumbali general area of Borno State.

Buhari was once a Major in the Military and also a Commanding Officer of many troops in his Military career, what exactly does he learnt that made him rose through the ranks to become a General ?

8 Likes

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Ejebleje: 9:30am On Mar 15, 2021
"Investigation by New Telegraph revealed that the CO was a Major, who gallantly remained a ‘reference point’.

Sabotage! Their location / itinerary got leaked out by insiders.

13 Likes

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by princepee: 9:32am On Mar 15, 2021
Heart breaking,losing officers to rag tag army... Our gallant army should take the fight to them .just like the chadians did......waiting when our president will come and lead from the front like he promised

2 Likes

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2021
Why are they hiding the name of the major...??

He's definitely a Christian. Southerner or Northern Christian

He was killed to stop the any progress in fighting Buhari people

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Walkee: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2021
cry
Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by FalseProphet1(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2021
Very soon only women will be left in the armed forces as Boko Haram and bandits would have finished killing all the males. This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2021
There was a thread on the Frontpage, just 30 minutes ago about how our soldiers killed some Boko Haram members, below were some comments from the thread, (all of them saying they will only believe if they see some pictures)
But now, it is the opposite, but you see them believe the news straight up without asking to see any form of pictures.

This is what HYPOCRISY can do to people's life!

https://www.nairaland.com/6459980/troops-destroy-scores-boko-haram

Adiola:
I don't believe this news
EVILFOREST:
LIES
EyezofGod120:
they don come again o!!!!lies run through their veins
kokosin:
Nobody believe the military any more in Borno state.
dingbang:
Nigerian army can lie eh
Resener22:

How many times would you guys claim you have cleared bh
Brb for y'all.......

Modify:

You wake up every morning and rush to social media in search of bad news of this nation,
so that you will comment and share it among your friends and families.......
But when you see GOOD NEWS such as this, you pretend to be blind!
And every night you stay in one corner of your room praying to God to bless anything you lay your hands on in the same country 
Hmmmm!!! May God forgive and have mercy on you.
#When Nigeria become great, you will surely see this, (this is our humble prayers for you.)

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Igbankpa(m): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2021
They say it's Fourteen but we know it's more.

Mondays can be really depressing for me, reminds me more of my current state of joblessness.
Abeg who get job for me. Even if it's not a job per se, something like training/mentorship Or if you know anywhere I can volunteer please point me to that direction cos I'm really tired of staying idle. I'm a graduate of political science passionate about service to humanity currently on a journey of self development and my dream is to gain enough experience so as to be able to serve at a bigger and better capacity. Please if you can help me in anyway I'll really appreciate.

5 Likes

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2021
Una go smell pepper.

Buhari is just starting with this country.

And some mumu people still dragging forms to join the army.

How more senseless could that be.

Y'all never see anything.

6 Likes

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Fedrick100: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2021
Again

Being among the military in Nigeria is a suicide mission
Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2021
See dem children of hate and perdition.

Exactly just as we predicted below less than an hour ago.
Pathetic.

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.
We will keep hitting them with the bitter truth.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Alejobs: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2021
cry

RIP our gallant officer

We will not hear Amnesty International voice on this cry.
Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by organicfoods(m): 11:06am On Mar 15, 2021
May God continue to bless the army.

Meanwhile you can start your own Urban farming, using this video below as inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwvAk-HUCGg
Re: Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph by Grace001: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2021
Only God knows how many gallant soldiers Nigerian army bury in a year.

Most youths are not even interested in joining the Nigerian army anymore, because joining the army is like signing up for a suicide mission

Let those that still have the morale to die for this failed useless country continue to die for her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isaac Fayose To Atiku: You Think Wike Is Not Important, You'll Be Disgraced 2023 / The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP / Nigeria Earns N2.5trn From Petroleum Products Export In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.