Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage (9439 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2011
Out of 10 women maybe two will tell their husband to be i have had several abortions.

Stop judging her this is the exact reason she did not tell you and yes she is wrong but she was afraid. I would be too. btw is the abortion preventing her from having babies or the issues you are talking about have nothing to do with the abortion and you just neeed to know if she ever had one or several besides why did you ask her that kind of question not once but severally while you were dating her.?
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2011
chaircover:

Uju a large part of our relationships are based on trust and truth. For example even though women are always round my husband because of his very friendly & easy going nature, I know deep in my heart that I can trust him not to be swayed by any of them. If he does anything to betray that trust, then I wont be so comfortable.

So imagine how things will change if I suddenly find out that he was a cultist in school or an ex convict and even though I had asked him directly before we got married he had lied and said no. Fast forward years by, the cultism or his being an ex convict in itself  doesnt affect the marriage per sey but the lie he told has done a lot of damage and anything he says after that has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Basically its like waking up one morning beside a stranger.

I agree; many women have abortions for many reasons and not necessarily because they are loose. It was just her bad luck that he asked her the question in the first instance.

My husband never asked me any questions such as how many ex boyfriends did I have etc because he wasn't interested, however In this case it is different. She was asked the question and she blatantly  lied.
He probably had his reasons for asking her in the first instance . . .not once but severally. Now that is odd.

Has he NEVER lied to her?   undecided

All I'm saying is that sometimes a lie can be justified . . . As far as it doesn't endanger the other person's life or freedom, somethings are just not necessary to be asked or said. I mean seriously if it were that big a deal, like Dayo is claiming, every man will want to find out before he marries a woman. But not all men can be bothered with these things!

When you make some things that are not your business an issue, then you deserve to be lied to. He asked her 'several times. . .  Jeez . .   I'd have lied too!

Maybe if he had just just backed off or asked her in a less judgmental way, she would have felt more at ease to tell him the truth!  undecided
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 15, 2011
If he was asking her such a qxn before their marriage he probably had trust issues with her because lets be sincere how many men ask their wife to be severally if she has had an abortion unless something happened could be they were trying to get her pregnant before they tied the knot and it wasnt clicking. In that case it would have been helpful if she told him the truth.

Damage done pls forgive her.
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2011
chaircover:

Some things are important to some people and not so important to others. Fair play to him, he felt that it was important enough for him to ask severally.
Who knows, Maybe he has a brother whose wife is having difficulty conceiving as a result of a botched up abortion. Like I said he probably has his own personal reasons for wanting to know.

A lie of that intensity cannot be justified especially as she was not to know if this will or will not affect her infertility later on and therefore affect him too. Not all botched up abortions show up straight away.

Yes he has probably lied about things to her and she too has a right to get hot under the collar if she finds out too.

Hmmmmn . . . . undecided

Okay, you are right . . . it was important to him and she shouldn't have lied. cool
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by emmatok(m): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2011
Ujujoan:

Has he NEVER lied to her?   undecided

All I'm saying is that sometimes a lie can be justified . . . As far as it doesn't endanger the other person's life or freedom, somethings are just not necessary to be asked or said. I mean seriously if it were that big a deal, like Dayo is claiming, every man will want to find out before he marries a woman. But not all men can be bothered with these things!

When you make some things that are not your business an issue, then you deserve to be lied to. He asked her 'several times. . .  Jeez . .   I'd have lied too!

Maybe if he had just just backed off or asked her in a less judgmental way, she would have felt more at ease to tell him the truth!  undecided

My friend, lies about abortion can not be justified.

Remember she confessed when they started having child bearing issues. THAT IS GUILTY CONSCIENCE.

My friend married a lady with damaged womb due to abortion, but he never complained, because she told him every thing before they got married.

Today the are miraculously blessed with children.

Some pasts should never be concealed before marriage.
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2011
emmatok:

My friend, lies about abortion can not be justified.

Remember she confessed when they started having child bearing issues. THAT IS GUILTY CONSCIENCE.

Well that is still and assumption . . . the poster said they were having 'issues' . . . he didn't say it was childbirth related.

My friend married a lady with damaged womb due to abortion, but he never complained, because she told him every thing before they got married.

Today the are miraculously blessed with children.

Some pasts should never be concealed before marriage.

Just because she had an abortion doesn't mean the womb was 'damaged'! undecided
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by emmatok(m): 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
Ujujoan:

Well that is still and assumption . . . the poster said they were having 'issues' . . .  he didn't say it was childbirth related.

Well,but she confessed when they were having issues . IF there were no issues she won't have confessed.

Just because she had an abortion doesn't mean the womb was 'damaged'!  undecided

[b]I my friend's case the lady told him "point blank" that she has damaged womb due to abortio[/b]n.

Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
^^^ You see . . .  she had to tell him because her womb was damaged and he'd have found out eventually.

If her womb was okay do you think she would have bothered?  undecided
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Uju
No, pls don't get me wrong. Having A abortion doesn't make her a skank BUT having 5/6 does, yes!

5 or 6?! Can you imagine? There are no 100 ways to look at it, its either:
- she had unprotected sex with 6 different guy, got pregnant, try to use that as "marriage proposal" they back oit and she terminated the pregnancy.
- she was/is a careless HO.E who can't turn a good dikc down.
-or she is a HIGHLY stoopid woman who got pregnant 6 times buy the same guy(very unlikely)

This woman is truly insane. I understand how someone can get pregnant "by mistake" once (maybe twice) but SIX TIMES!!!!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result!
The definition fits her like a glove.
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by samtoye(m): 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2011
6 abortions??d.a.m.n!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! says a lot about her. 1,2,3, understandable but 6?? you better go do HIV test too, maybe that's another thing that skipped her memory!!!!!
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by OAM4J: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Uju
No, pls don't get me wrong. Having A abortion doesn't make her a skank BUT having 5/6 does, yes!

- she had unprotected sex with 6 different guy, got pregnant, try to use that as "marriage proposal" they back oit and she terminated the pregnancy.
-or she is a HIGHLY stoopid woman who got pregnant 6 times buy the same guy(very unlikely)

This woman is truly insane. I understand how someone can get pregnant "by mistake" once (maybe twice) but SIX TIMES!!!!

My point exactly!

As much as I hate to judge people, 5/6 abortions is damm crazy.

She definitely lived a careless life. 1 or 2 might be a mistake but we are talking about 5/6 abortions here.

And she lied severally about it. Hell NO, I ain't taking her back. I can forgive but cant live with that.

@Uju

I understand her reason for lying, very few men can live with such revelation.

But when you take the risk of lying like that, you had better hope you are never found out, cos when the truth is discovered, then the whole thing backfire on you.

For her, her game is up, it's time for her to live with her past, cant make the guy accept it cos he didn't bargain for that. It's the reason it's always better to come clean from the beginning.
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2011
The man asked her several times and she lied repeatedly.

No forgiving in that scenario. Its game over
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2011
Okay okay . . . guy! 5 or 6 is definitely too much . .

One is stupid, 2 is careless 3 and above is just plain irresponsible!

But she could have said she did it just once and he won't be any wiser. But she told the truth . . . and that's what's important here~

dayokanu:

The man asked her several times and she lied repeatedly.

No forgiving in that scenario. Its game over

You'll divorce your wife cos she lied about abortions undecided
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Uju

ROTFLMAO grin grin

But seriously, do you think a woman will get pregnant 6 times just to get a man to marry her? undecided

Na wa oh!
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
she is definitely wrong for this, and i hope she has apologized and explained to you why she kept this from you.  there must be a reason.  how much do you know about her past?  i'm not an advocate for bringing the past into the present ever, but in this case, the past is still in the present, so you have the right to know the circumstances surrounding the 5/6 abortions.  that's just too many to be a mistake.  Maybe she was raped?  Maybe she was a prostitute?  I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but these are possibilities.  She really needs to come clean if she hasn't already.  If she has, you need to decide if you can forgive her and move forward.  If it's affecting your ability to have children, that may be very difficult.  Good luck.
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2011
Ujujoan:

Okay okay . . . guy! 5 or 6 is definitely too much . .

One is silly, 2 is careless 3 and above is just plain irresponsible!

But she could have said she did it just once and he won't be any wiser. But she told the truth . . . and that's what's important here~

You'll divorce your wife cos she lied about abortions undecided

Sharp Sharp,
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Uju
The wifey didn't tell the truth WHEN IT WAS IMPORTANT to do so (when hubby was asking), she waited till issues arose, was cornered like a common rat and THEN confessed to having multiple abortions in the past.

The OP still doesn't have a clear picture of how many she had, he just knows that the number is "MORE than 5/6"

So from what we know, this lady is very irresponsible and we know how marriage is the ultimate dream for some, therefore, getting pregnant by 6 different guys to try to force them into marriage is highly probable.
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2011
dayokanu:

Sharp Sharp,

That's where you are wrong honey . . .

Do you think that any sane woman will want to lie to a man she loves?

But considering the fact that she could lose him because of her past mistakes . . . knowing in her heart that she's not that bad person he'll automatically think she is and assuming that the only way to prove it to him will be by hiding the truth!

It's somehow endearing knowing she cared enough to lie. If she didn't want him, she could have told him the truth and damned the consequences. I doubt if he was her only options as at the time he was wooing her. But she choose him, and lied to protect her choice.

If you see things this way, you'll understand why you won't break up with your GF for lying about the fact that she's had 10 abortions before she met you!  tongue  cheesy
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2011
She basically conned the guy into marriage thinking since we are married it would be difficult for her to come out of it

Sorry you wld be dissapointed
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
But Uju, let's reverse the roles for a minute, since you are such a forgiving individual:
as you were dating, you ask your "effeminate" future husband if he ever had sex with other men and he said no. then one day, you walk in front of a gay cinema and see a poster with a guy that looks like your husband, as the lead actor. Only then, your hubby of now 3yrs confesses to being a gay po.rn actor in the past.

Well, since he finally told the truth, would that make it ok?
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2011
Ujujoan:

That's where you are wrong honey . . .

Do you think that any sane woman will want to lie to a man she loves?

But considering the fact that she could lose him because of her past mistakes . . . knowing in her heart that she's not that bad person he'll automatically think she is and assuming that the only way to prove it to him will be by hiding the truth!

It's somehow endearing knowing she cared enough to lie. If she didn't want him, she could have told him the truth and damned the consequences. I doubt if he was her only options as at the time he was wooing her. But she choose him, and lied to protect her choice.

If you see things this way, you'll understand why you won't break up with your GF for lying about the fact that she's had 10 abortions before she met you!  tongue  cheesy

You are funny you know.

I love you too much that I have to lie to you on how much I am worth,

I love you so much that i have to lie to you that I dont have a STD cos if you know the truth you would leave me,

I love you so much that I lied to you that i wasnt a serial killer when I am,

I loved you so much that I killed you so that another man cant have you.

Good to see the extent which love can go
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
dayokanu:

She basically conned the guy into marriage thinking since we are married it would be difficult for her to come out of it

Sorry you wld be dissapointed

Okay so this is all about marriage  . . .  undecided

Jeez, you guys must think you offer us gold-plated awards in that thing!

MRbrownJAY:

But Uju, let's reverse the roles for a minute, since you are such a forgiving individual:
as you were dating, you ask your "effeminate" future husband if he ever had sex with other men and he said no. then one day, you walk in front of a gay cinema and see a poster with a guy that looks like your husband, as the lead actor. Only then, your hubby of now 3yrs confesses to being a gay po.rn actor in the past.

Well, since he finally told the truth, would that make it ok?

Of course it won't make it ok, but I'd see why he would be embarrassed enough to lie about it!

Okay, are you saying there is not one thing you've done in your past that will follow you to your grave?
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2011
dayokanu:

You are funny you know.

I love you too much that I have to lie to you on how much I am worth,

I love you so much that i have to lie to you that I dont have a STD cos if you know the truth you would leave me,

I love you so much that I lied to you that i wasnt a serial killer when I am,

I loved you so much that I killed you so that another man cant have you.

Good to see the extent which love can go

Oh puh leeeeeeeez . . don't be so dramatic!

A serial killer and an abortionists are very different cases!

A guy once lied to me about his tribe just to get me to go on a date with him (everybody knows am a tribalist tongue) . . . I actually thought it was cute! undecided
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Uju
Anything I have done in the past (which may affect my marriage) MUST/WILL be put on the table so my one and only knows who she is gonna marry and what kind of issues that we may encounter along our blissful union.

Its a two way street, if I hide whatever skeleton I have in my closet then I can only imagine what she may hide from me. What kind of foundation for love and happiness is that?

Be proud of who you are and what you did in the past, regardless of how terrible your past is.

If you can't truly look at yourself in the mirror and be proud of your real self THEN no one else will and you are just living a sham!
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2011
The bottom line is that I cared enough to lie to you on issues of that gravity.

Not lying that I ate yam instead of Porridge but lying about over 6 abortions?
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Uju
Anything I have done in the past (which may affect my marriage) MUST/WILL be put on the table so my one and only knows who she is gonna marry and what kind of issues that we may encounter along our blissful union.

Its a two way street, if I hide whatever skeleton I have in my closet then I can only imagine what she may hide from me. What kind of foundation for love and happiness is that?

Be proud of who you are and what you did in the past, regardless of how terrible your past is.

If you can't truly look at yourself in the mirror and be proud of your real self THEN no one else will and you are just living a sham!

There is no way she could have known it would affect her marriage and that is still and assumption!

She kept having abortions and kept getting pregnant six times . . . she probably thought it was not that big a deal! undecided

Some things are just plain embarrassing and are best left in the past. And yes, there are somethings about yourself you cannot be proud of!
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
dayokanu:

The bottom line is that I cared enough to lie to you on issues of that gravity.

Not lying that I ate yam instead of Porridge but lying about over 6 abortions?

Lol . . . . cheesy cheesy

You know what they say . . . "a man who won't lie to a woman has little regards for her feelings" and vise versa! cool
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
I understand that some people may have some issues about their person that they are not too proud of BUT lying about is definitely not the way to go about solving anything and she may as well work on her self FIRST, and then look to find a hubby (but the 6 abortions won't disappear)

Funny how such women want to be viewed/treated/evaluated like the girls who had the decency/strength to close their legs (or at least protect themselves) AKA make the right choices.

Whether we like it or not, our past/failures/mistakes etc is US too. A person who only want to show/talk about their "good" side is dangerous and should be avoided!
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

I understand that some people may have some issues about their person that they are not too proud of BUT lying about is definitely not the way to go about solving anything and she may as well work on her self FIRST, and then look to find a hubby (but the 6 abortions won't disappear)

Funny how such women want to be viewed/treated/evaluated like the girls who had the decency/strength to close their legs (or at least protect themselves) AKA make the right choices.

Whether we like it or not, our past/failures/mistakes etc is US too. A person who only want to show/talk about their "good" side is dangerous and should be avoided!

Oh darling . . . I never knew you were this judgmental!

You know, not everybody is wise, exposed, knowledgeable and smart!

Many people make mistakes as teenagers/youths just because they didn't know any better . . . The prolly never had a functional environment/family to learn from. You and I were lucky, doesn't mean we are better than those who weren't.

I wasn't exposed to sex at a young age because of my family/upbringing. But when I got into the university and met people who were dis-virgined at 12 and abortionists at 14, I never judged them. I escaped a lot of things many young girls passed through while trying to learn about life because I had a mother and 5 elder sister who taught me everything I needed to know!

Before I started having sex, I knew about my circle to the dot. I remember sitting a friend down to teach her about her cycle cos she kept getting pregnant and her stupid bf won't use a CD. She was only 18 . . . I wasn't even having sex at that age!

Anyways, you guys seem convinced, no need to keep arguing about this. undecided
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by OAM4J: 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2011
^^Hmnnnnn! interesting, tell me more about your sex life. wink
Re: Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage by dayokanu(m): 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2011
Uju when was the first time you had do-g--ggy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? / Why Are So Many Attractive Religious Ladies Not Getting Married These Days / Developing A Good Single Father – Daughter Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.