Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? (9438 Views)

Her Daughter Of 2.5years Is Fond Of Kissing Anybody That Offers To Carry Her. / About Married Women And Male Friends / Married But Fond Of Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by jerryland: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2011
Hello House,

During a discussion last week,  friend complained to me that his His wife (Married for about 5 years with 2 kids and 1 on the way) is fond of receiving gifts from males friends not known to the him. He only discovers them when she uses the gift items ( e.g Sleeveless gown). It was becoming worrisome to him, feeling she is supposed to show him the gift items,  according to him , 'who knows she must have received undies and so on without his knowledge'. I told him to take it easy, let her know he does not like it and watch her afterwards,  What do you guys think?
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by shola4: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2011
he should let her know that if she fun of taking gift from male friend sheshould be able to take other stuff from male friend, to me its very insultive fr a lady to be fun of that
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by jerryland: 11:06am On Jun 09, 2011
Insultive is the word, i was really wondering what my actions would be, Honestly, especially that she does not tell me or show them to me!! This world ehen!!! Small but Big things dey ohh
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by monkeyleg: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
It is wrong for her to receive these sort of gift items from other men. Some poeple really do have very little understanding of the commitment called marriage

1 Like

Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by xxcarolxx(f): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
She shouldn't been accepting gifts from other guys, If i were the hubby i would go out and buy myself a gift, and show it to the wife and say another woman bought him this gift. See her reaction then,
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by jerryland: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
@xxcar,

I like that one! So she can have a little of how it feels,

For me, marriage is an institution with rules and regs (even if they are not printed in black and white) The rules should guide, modify, bless, make, and be the anchor of the relationship they both share. its sad to know that once a man decides to be 'married', then the woman shows/acts otherwise, and this is why we have so many Men that don't have time for their wifes no matter the love she showers on him,

This world! God help us!
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by ifyalways(f): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
It's not just abnormal but also unacceptable.

I don't like the concept of the hubby going out to get himself gifts just to get her jealous or get back at her.The man should sit her down firmly and tell her why he feels bad about those gifts.

Btw,when was the last time the man got her a gift?Could be possible she is doing all the buying and claiming its from other men in order to wake the dead gift giving spirit in the man undecided Communication is the key.
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
abnormal
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by delicious1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wife receiving Gifts? With no strings attached i hope.

Totally wrong if you ask me.
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Wislet(f): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2011
ifyalways:

It's not just abnormal but also unacceptable.

I don't like the concept of the hubby going out to get himself gifts just to get her jealous or get back at her.The man should sit her down firmly and tell her why he feels bad about those gifts.

Btw,when was the last time the man got her a gift?Could be possible she is doing all the buying and claiming its from other men in order to wake the dead gift giving spirit in the man undecided Communication is the key.
If that's wat she's doing- wrong approach. Whatever happened to talking about it? Marriage is a too serious commitment to be pulling such pranks.
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wislet:

If that's wat she's doing- wrong approach. Whatever happened to talking about it? Marriage is a too serious commitment to be pulling such pranks.

Lol
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by JUO(m): 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
is wrong
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Roland17(m): 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2011
Lets reverse the question!!!!, its very Abnormal when she is fond of it.
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by logica(m): 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
He should do a paternity test on all the kids ASAP.
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
logica:

He should do a paternity test on all the kids ASAP.
gbam!
they might have been a gift too, who knows grin
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
camelot:

gbam!
they might have been a gift too, who knows grin

Lol . . Now that is funny
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by ideylaff: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hmmm. any woman doing this will surely be receiving the kind of gift u can have 4rm outside and not bring home,

Things like Ekpan and Ho ko nla,  : Big Something, u know,

Pity this thing does not have a meter so the hubby cannot know the level of servicing she has bn receiving,

Tchseeeeeeeeeeeeww @onishe kushe woman(
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if the senseless wife and her kind regard the man's concerns as 'insecurity' or 'immaturity'. I wonder what has happened to the sense of propriety and decency of most of them nowadays. What sort of woman (even if single) goes about receiving gifts from men without knowing that she MUST be required to pay back in kind sooner or later? Who doesn't know that there is no such thing as free lunch? Or is it just part of their genetic configuration to always try to have their cake and eat it too?

Besides I really don't understand this 'male friend' nonsense anyways. Friendship based on one party giving the other gifts. . .in exchange for what? Is that friendship based on altruism or charity or what? A man hasn''t finished attending to his own needs and those of his family/relatives, and yet one fool of a woman thinks such a 'nice' man can shower her with (undeserved) altruism for 'nothing'? Smh.

It is really tragic for any decent man to end up with that kind of wife, for real. She is either a sl.u.t or an i.d.o.t (sometimes even both). The former if she knows what she is doing and actively realizes what is involved (i.e. exchanging her punny/affections for for male 'friends' gifts), and the latter if she foolishly thinks men would freely give gifts to a married woman like her without strings attached. And who wants to marry either a sl.u.t or an i.d.i.ot? Certainly not me.
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
It shows lack of dignity on the part of the wife
I wonder the motive behind those gifts.
Men no dey give free gift jare, service must have been/ will be rendered in return
husband should make her understand how wrong it is,
she should always ask the hussy if she wants gift instead of getting it from outside.
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Fhemmmy: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
mydreamz:

It shows lack of dignity on the part of the wife
I wonder the motive behind those gifts.
Men no dey give free gift jare, service must have been/ will be rendered in return
she should always ask the hussy if she wants gift instead of getting it from outside.

Why you come dey spoil men like this now?
Haba
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Why you come dey spoil men like this now?
Haba

Thats the truth

Do u give free gifts?
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Outstrip(f): 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
Totally unacceptable
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2011
mydreamz:

Thats the truth

Do u give free gifts?

Yes, I do . . . .
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by ideylaff: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2011

grin Understand what, wifey that is already chopping extra Ekpan and Hok ko, its 2 late ooooo
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2011
ideylaff:

grin Understand what, wifey that is already chopping extra Ekpan and Hok ko, its 2 late ooooo
Lol
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
ideylaff:

grin grin grin grin its not too late jare, he needs to let the wife know say she fit overdose the epon and oko
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Fhemmmy: 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
mydreamz:

grin grin grin grin its not too late jare, he needs to let the wife know say she fit overdose the epon and oko

Is that possible?
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by jerryland: 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hello All,

I am so pleased in these posts and responses, am i learning more for myself,

Am going to make comments in most of the posts, but one question!

Is she supposed to refuse gift from men? Doesn't it sound absurd!!!
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Yes, I do . . . .

Yes u do . . . . with condition attached abi?

Fhemmmy:

Is that possible?

havent u heard of excess of "everything dey do bad for body"
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by Fhemmmy: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
mydreamz:

Yes u do . . . . with condition attached abi?

havent u heard of excess of "everything dey do bad for body"

With no condtion . . . . .Cos someone needs something does not mean you have to put a condition.
Well, never knew that there could be excess of those ones you have mentioned oh . . . but now, i know
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by ronkebp(f): 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
Am wondering why she is collecting clothes from male friends, ? undecided does her husband buy her things at all? , why would she collect 'flowing dress', under wears, etec, from another man? unless the guys are giving her money, and she is using it to take care of her self.
Re: His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? by ronkebp(f): 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
Jerry, what are the motives behind those gifts? why are the men giving her gifts, ? why are they trying to entice her? or what are they appreciating her for? She is not supposed to receive gift from men, unless, it's her birthday( ), her baby's naming ceremony, or something, I can't see any reason she is being given gifts if not for an hidden agenda.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage / Good Nursery - Primary School In Ajah / Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.