Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6264 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 4:36am On Mar 28, 2021
HellVictorinho:

God wanted them to always praise him like they were robots.

Not true, Hell.

If you had bothered to read [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A27-31&version=KJV]In the beginning[/url] you'd know God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth, and you will be blessed.

It means, do not be a lazy fuq or [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+3%3A19&version=KJV]you will starve to death[/url]!!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by orunto27: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2021
Your Wife is a PROPHETESS especially meant to tutor you.. Just watch as events unfold.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 28, 2021
budaatum:

Not true, Hell.

If you had bothered to read [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A27-31&version=KJV]In the beginning[/url] you'd know God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth, and you will be blessed.

It means, do not be a lazy fuq or [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+3%3A19&version=KJV]you will starve to death[/url]!!

You are so lazy that you cannot determine that I was referring to angels.
LordReed!!!!!!!
You need to shut budaatum up!!!!!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
LordReed:

It depends on why they are divorcing.

Your answer is that you may see something wrong in divorce or you may see nothing wrong. What will you say if God was this unstable in making a decision? Divorce may be right or may be wrong.

You'll see why I have issues with the idea further below.

I think the concept of disowning children is an emotional appeal and an emotional blackmail done with intent to simultaneously express mental anguish, lash out at the receiver and attempt to get them to follow a particular direction. I think its a dumb way of reaching out to your child and actually doesn't do anything because your rejection doesn't change the fact the child is yours.

I can't see a god attempting to use this kind of strategy. You keep saying your god is not a man but you keep making him out to be some kind of pathetic wuss. In my opinion any parent that descends to using disowning failed himself and his child. How much more a god with powers that exceed anything a human is capable of? Why will such a god fail so miserably?

As I think about it, I am hard pressed to point out anyone I think of as an enemy much less that I hate. I don't see life in such black and white terms, there is too much nuance that I cannot simply regard people in such categories.

You forgot to answer the question on rights. Do people have rights to disown or divorce? You also did not state why an emotional appeal is not good. Is it wrong or weak to have emotions? Are humans to be stoic Hitlers so as not to have emotional appeals? Do you know that disowning a child or a parent does not really have to do with the biological fact that you gave birth to the child or that the parent gave birth to you? Do you know it has to do more with accepting the person? Do you know that you disown God as your Father?

Lol about your too much nuance. You display a very narrow perspective. In your opinion now, everyone is your friend. While you may think you have no enemy, there are people that have you as an enemy. The person that will hurt you, rob you of your wealth is your enemy. Sorry for being too forward or thinking for you. The person, God forbid, that will decide to ruin you and your certificates is your enemy. The person that will, God forbid, sleep with your wife and your child forcefully in your front is your enemy. These are people that exist, but you seem to be living in your heaven already and out of the realities of earth. From your post, you love all these people right, since you don't see black and white?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 12:09am On Mar 29, 2021
LordReed:

Can you just answer the question?

The question has NOTHING to do with what i was saying, it is off tangent.

So in a perfect heaven someone can offer them something better? How does that compute? My child can be deceived because I am not perfect and neither are they. I keep bags of sweets around but I never give them every time they ask me. On such occasions when I refuse them, someone might successfully entice them. What condition in a perfect heaven can be comparable to this that doesn't open up the possibility of dissatisfaction?

Give two examples of something perfect. After that, i will answer this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 12:49am On Mar 29, 2021
Image123:

The question has NOTHING to do with what i was saying, it is off tangent.

Give two examples of something perfect. After that, i will answer this.

This is hilarious. You will not answer my question but want me to answer yours? OK, keep waiting.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 12:58am On Mar 29, 2021
Image123:

Your answer is that you may see something wrong in divorce or you may see nothing wrong. What will you say if God was this unstable in making a decision? Divorce may be right or may be wrong.

I would say he was being fair. Not all reasons are equal.

You forgot to answer the question on rights. Do people have rights to disown or divorce? You also did not state why an emotional appeal is not good. Is it wrong or weak to have emotions? Are humans to be stoic Hitlers so as not to have emotional appeals? Do you know that disowning a child or a parent does not really have to do with the biological fact that you gave birth to the child or that the parent gave birth to you? Do you know it has to do more with accepting the person? Do you know that you disown God as your Father?

You excel at reminding me of questions but when I ask you a question you don't want to answer.

I answered why this particular emotional appeal has issues, read my response again.

Lol about your too much nuance. You display a very narrow perspective. In your opinion now, everyone is your friend. While you may think you have no enemy, there are people that have you as an enemy. The person that will hurt you, rob you of your wealth is your enemy. Sorry for being too forward or thinking for you. The person, God forbid, that will decide to ruin you and your certificates is your enemy. The person that will, God forbid, sleep with your wife and your child forcefully in your front is your enemy. These are people that exist, but you seem to be living in your heaven already and out of the realities of earth. From your post, you love all these people right, since you don't see black and white?

Saying I don't see enemies doesn’t mean everyone is my friend or have you forgotten the nuance part? Nobody has attempted to do any of the things you mention so how am I supposed to consider Mr Nobody an enemy?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 3:07am On Apr 07, 2021
LordReed:

This is hilarious. You will not answer my question but want me to answer yours? OK, keep waiting.

Your question was totally off tangent, off my suggestion and speaking of validating God. God does not need validation. My questions are directed to you and about you, and totally in line with the subject discussed. Apparently, you are yet to have answers to them. Since you talk so much and criticize so much on "perfection", you should be able to give us a standard or example that can be relatable or meets up to your definition/idea of perfection.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
LordReed:

I would say he was being fair. Not all reasons are equal.

Indeed. i suppose you don't see any contradictions in the Bible then or in the Old and New covenants, right? Not all reasons are equal, right?

You excel at reminding me of questions but when I ask you a question you don't want to answer.

I answered why this particular emotional appeal has issues, read my response again.

Do people have rights to disown or divorce? You somehow forget again. Your reason why emotional appeal has issues is your opinion(your thinking like you put it). BTW, you put a caveat "this" here, interesting. You have been unable to state any wrong thing with being emotional, you only assumed being emotional is weak.
Do you know that disowning a child or a parent does not really have to do with the biological fact that you gave birth to the child or that the parent gave birth to you? Do you know it has to do more with accepting the person? Do you know that you disown God as your Father?

Saying I don't see enemies doesn’t mean everyone is my friend or have you forgotten the nuance part? Nobody has attempted to do any of the things you mention so how am I supposed to consider Mr Nobody an enemy?

So you do have enemies that you don't love, only that they did not surface. Good for you. You do not love your enemies but you want God to love His enemies. Can you really see the man in the mirror yet?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 6:36am On Apr 08, 2021
Image123:

Indeed. i suppose you don't see any contradictions in the Bible then or in the Old and New covenants, right? Not all reasons are equal, right?

Has nothing to do with contradictions in the bible.

So you do have enemies that you don't love, only that they did not surface. Good for you. You do not love your enemies but you want God to love His enemies. Can you really see the man in the mirror yet?

LoL so now god is a man like me not some ultra good being. OK. LMFAO!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2021
LordReed:

Has nothing to do with contradictions in the bible.

LoL so now god is a man like me not some ultra good being. OK. LMFAO!

Lol, it has everything to do with contradictions because you use a double standard that way. You seem to find it hard to bring the full perspective even for yourself. i'm on the full perspective all the time.

If a man like you cannot love his enemies and would rather not have them, what is your justification that God should love and have His enemies?What sort of rationale and standards do you use to arrive that the opinion that God is unjust?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 7:01am On Apr 08, 2021
Image123:

Lol, it has everything to do with contradictions because you use a double standard that way. You seem to find it hard to bring the full perspective even for yourself. i'm on the full perspective all the time.

Contradiction and double standard are different things.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 7:09am On Apr 08, 2021
LordReed:

Contradiction and double standard are different things.

Of course.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Where Is The Torah And Injil? / Cheque In The Church / What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.