Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6510 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Myer(m): 6:26am On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

I guess you expect a direct teaching of Christ Jesus on every conceivable theme and topic on earth? The scriptures give principles for living. Since Jesus didn't directly teach about smoking marijuana or snorting cocaine, does it make is acceptable?

Christ didn't teach that Christians should not interact or alienate themselves from the world. He taught that Christians should not join themselves to the world. Marriage is the strongest form of bond between individuals on earth.

2Cor 6:15:
"What concord hath Christ with Belial? or what portion hath a believer with an unbeliever?"

1. As an atheist, would you impart your spiritual values on your children or not? Won't you teach and indoctrinate your children that God (the foundation of the Christian faith) is but a fairytale?
2. In a good marriage, do you expect that a husband and wife have opposing CORE values with respect to children's upbringing
3. For a Christian, the most important thing (Core Life Objective) for them is "making heaven"
Mar 8:36:
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Do you think she should care if her children also make heaven with her?
4. Will her marriage to a man with an opposite value to this be wisdom on her part?

Christ did not teach being yoked together with an unbeliever. What agreement is their between a child of God and the devil?
2Cor 6:15:
"And what agreement has the Anointed with Belial?

I won't blame an atheist who desires to marry a true Christian. I will however condemn a true Christian who for the sake of love alone married an atheist. Scripturally, the husband has power over her. If he says" don't go to church", it is rebellion if she still goes. Her worship is questionable! What about her children? Why should I open my eyes to marry a person that has a serious genetic defect?

One day you're going to read all what you've posted on this topic and realise you never sounded like Christ but like a Pharisee.

I guess we should thank God you're not an Islam convert, you will certainly be an extremist aspiring to be a terrorist all in the name of proving what your holy book says.

Religion has caused more hatred and division in this world. Yet it professes to teach peace and love.
But the results in reality says it all.

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 6:29am On Mar 25, 2021
Image123:

Like saying na wa for God divorcing you SIMPLY because you divorced. You apparently see nothing wrong with your divorce but everything wrong with God's divorce/disown. Hypocrisy, double standards.

Tell me a few things that will make you disown your child. Is divorce one of them?

Nope, the hypocrisy is from the god who says love thine enemies but has designated eternal torment for his enemies.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 7:09am On Mar 25, 2021
Myer:

One day you're going to read all what you've posted on this topic and realise you never sounded like Christ but like a Pharisee.

I guess we should thank God you're not an Islam convert, you will certainly be an extremist aspiring to be a terrorist all in the name of proving what your holy book says.

Religion has caused more hatred and division in this world. Yet it professes to teach peace and love.
But the results in reality says it all.
Let me show you the Christ that you never heard of.

John 2:15-16:
"Then Jesus made a whip out of strands of rope and drove all of the sheep and oxen out of the Temple, dumped out the cashiers’ money and overturned their tables. He said to those who were selling the pigeons, “Take these things out of here, and quit making my Father’s house a merchandise mart.”"

You think Jesus was a SOFT spineless person who bends to every whim of behaviours in the name of love?

Find another argument bro!

You don't know what Love is!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Myer(m): 7:52am On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

Let me show you the Christ that you never heard of.

John 2:15-16:
"Then Jesus made a whip out of strands of rope and drove all of the sheep and oxen out of the Temple, dumped out the cashiers’ money and overturned their tables. He said to those who were selling the pigeons, “Take these things out of here, and quit making my Father’s house a merchandise mart.”"

You think Jesus was a SOFT spineless person who bends to every whim of behaviours in the name of love?

Find another argument bro!

You don't know what Love is!

How does this relate please?
Besides, does this singular act negate all the other messages and acts of love of Christ?

I say this cos I was once like you. I was so religious. Preaching every religious verse inthe Bible just cos I wanted people to be righteous.

But as important as righteousness is, love is the most crucial part of the message of Christ.

Even when an adulterous woman was caught commiting adultery, what did he do?
He did not judge her or condemn her to hell. Rather he challenged the religious people that tried to execute the judgment that was written in the same book you're defending.

Meaning, he understands. Love covers multitude of sins.
And arguably the woman that was caught committing adultery was Mary Magdalene who became one of his most faithful disciples. In some quarters, she is even called the 13th Apostle.

You do not know God's plan. So when you simply judge by what is written and not by the Holyspirit you will keep getting it wrong.

By what was written by Moses himself, no Jew should marry gentiles.
But guess what, Moses himself ended up marrying a Cushite woman, a non-Jew.
His own Sister and Brother, decided to play God and condemned his action, even privately.
What did God do?
God struck her with leprosy.
God did not judge Moses one bit. In fact it was Moses that begged God not to kill her.

Back to the topic on the thread, if truly you believe that Light triumphs over darkness- Christianity being light and anything else being darkness then you should even be happy that an Atheist married a Christian.
Instead of worrying about the Christian falling you should be happy that an Atheist might be converted.

Unless of course you believe atheism is more powerful than Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 8:20am On Mar 25, 2021
Myer:

How does this relate please?
Besides, does this singular act negate all the other messages and acts of love of Christ?

I say this cos I was once like you. I was so religious. Preaching every religious verse inthe Bible just cos I wanted people to be righteous.

But as important as righteousness is, love is the most crucial part of the message of Christ.

Even when an adulterous woman was caught commiting adultery, what did he do?
He did not judge her or condemn her to hell. Rather he challenged the religious people that tried to execute the judgment that was written in the same book you're defending.

Meaning, he understands. Love covers multitude of sins.
And arguably the woman that was caught committing adultery was Mary Magdalene who became one of his most faithful disciples. In some quarters, she is even called the 13th Apostle.

You do not know God's plan. So when you simply judge by what is written and not by the Holyspirit you will keep getting it wrong.

By what was written by Moses himself, no Jew should marry gentiles.
But guess what, Moses himself ended up marrying a Cushite woman, a non-Jew.
His own Sister and Brother, decided to play God and condemned his action, even privately.
What did God do?
God struck her with leprosy.
God did not judge Moses one bit. In fact it was Moses that begged God not to kill her.

Back to the topic on the thread, if truly you believe that Light triumphs over darkness- Christianity being light and anything else being darkness then you should even be happy that an Atheist married a Christian.
Instead of worrying about the Christian falling you should be happy that an Atheist might be converted.

Unless of course you believe atheism is more powerful than Christianity.
It's so amazing that the one who rejected God is trying to use his warped idea of God's laws to convince others. How different are you from satan.

Mat 4:1-11:
... And when the tempter came to him, he said, If you be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. .... Then the devil takes him up into the holy city, and sets him on a pinnacle of the temple, And said to him, If you be the Son of God, cast yourself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning you: and in their hands they shall bear you up, lest at any time you dash your foot against a stone.

You are preaching the Warped ideas you didn't believe just like satan.

To the woman caught in Adultry Jesus said: Go, sin no more!
How does that compare with an unrepentant Atheist! Can he be told: I'll marry you, stop your atheism?

If you used to be a Christian then you must be aware that there are TWO opposing kingdoms of Light and of Darkness. You must know that just as you are a soldier of satan (whether you believe it or not) and Christians as soldiers of God. You advocate in the name of love an end to hostility of spirits? Do you think it is possible until one side is totally vanquished?

Eph 5:11-12:
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret."

If a Christian should have nothing to do with the works of darkness but he goes to marry a harbinger of darkness, how great is his foolishness?

You say: very much like the deceiving satan
Unless of course you believe atheism is more powerful than Christianity
Which is easier;
To grow a garden or to destroy it?
To paint a picture or to erase it?
To lift up or to bring down?

On a serious note;
Would you fight with a mad man?
Who has anything to loose in such a relationship of Christian and Atheist marriage?
Is it the Atheist?

Ecclus 33:14:
"Good is set against evil, and life against death: so is the godly against the sinner, and the sinner against the godly."

Come on, you've taken a side. It's your duty to infiltrate, spy, decimate and destroy true Christians. I don't blame you as you faithfully do the work of your master.

However:
Ezek 33:11:
"Say to them, As I live, said the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked ; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn you, turn you from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?"

I pray that one day, your eyes will be opened and your chains broken. It's still not late YET for you as you are loved by God and His Christ
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Myer:

Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis were different religious sects in Jesus' day, each have developed their own method of interpreting and applying God's word and in effect if you don't belong to any of the groups the leaders will see you as an out cast whereas there is an underground deadly rivalry going on within these groups.
Shadeyinka only want to pitch his own tent but can't find any group to merge with. His church is ECWA and i'm sure that members of this church do easily marry from any other religion so what he is trying to establish here has no root in the doctrine of his church!

Extremism can't work with Shadeyinka otherwise he wouldn't be in a church yet saying "Church doctrine doesn't define me" meaning "Forget about the church i associate with it has nothing to do with my own sense of judging" Extremists or Terrorists will form a GROUP and each member will hold the belief of this group so dearly. So Shadeyinka doesn't fall into this category!

Religion has caused more hatred and division in this world. Yet it professes to teach peace and love. But the results in reality says it all.
Politics and Racism are the major cause of hatred on this planet, Politicians has many devices of gathering followers against their opposers, sadly false religion happens to be the most effective device they are using apart from money, fame, eloquence and so on.
You and i know for sure that there are tribes that will prefer to see their child die than marrying from a specific place while most races do prefer their children to marry from their own race, and this has nothing to do with religion! smiley
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
You lack understanding, and you think you can hide your lacking behind verbiage that you merely believe.

Please show me where the op, who was stating the fact that atheist him has for seven years been happily married to his wonderful Christian wife with whom he is developing their amazing daughter to use the brain the Lord God placed in her skull to think and reason for herself, asked for your advise or opinion about whom he should marry?

shadeyinka:

Buda, you and your Atheists friends are the ones who are blatantly DISHONEST, DECEITFUL and without PROBITY!

Of course the TRUTH doesn't have DUPLICATE. I have spoken AND I AM of course unwaiveringly right and YOU are obviously wrong concerning this matter according to rational Christian thinking and the Scriptures.

1. What lessons can you learn from this
1Kin 11:4:
"For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father."
2. Is this Scripture applicable with respect to marriage?
2Cor 6:14:
"Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness?"
3. Why would isaac pass this instruction to his Jacob?
Gen 28:1:
"So Isaac called Jacob and prayed that good would come to him. He said to him, "Do not marry one of the daugh-ters of Canaan."

4. Why do you think God gave instructions on marriage to the Israelites?
Deu 7:3:
"»Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons."

True Christians have a higher standard bro! It's you who has no standard!
What You desire a pliable Christian with no conviction about anything who will put to risk her faith and the faith of her children over her stupidity!

Let me ask you a question:
Would you advise a Christian woman marry an unrepentant Cultist?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
Myer:

Unless of course you believe atheism is more powerful than Christianity

Amen! Amen! Amen!

Just see this amazing works that are being done by the thread that the Most Powerful God made the atheist open!

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis were different religious sects in Jesus' day, each have developed their own method of interpreting and applying God's word and in effect if you don't belong to any of the groups the leaders will see you as an out cast whereas there is an underground deadly rivalry going on within these groups.
Shadeyinka only want to pitch his own tent but can't find any group to merge with. His church is ECWA and i'm sure that members of this church do easily marry from any other religion so what he is trying to establish here has no root in the doctrine of his church!

Extremism can't work with Shadeyinka otherwise he wouldn't be in a church yet saying "Church doctrine doesn't define me" meaning "Forget about the church i associate with it has nothing to do with my own sense of judging" Extremists or Terrorists will form a GROUP and each member will hold the belief of this group so dearly. So Shadeyinka doesn't fall into this category!

Politics and Racism are the major cause of hatred on this planet, Politicians has many devices of gathering followers against their opposers, sadly false religion happens to be the most effective device they are using apart from money, fame, eloquence and so on.
You and i know for sure that there are tribes that will prefer to see their child die than marrying from a specific place while most races do prefer their children to marry from their own race, and this has nothing to do with religion! smiley
The summary of my position based on good Christian judgement and Scripture is

shadeyinka:

Explain to who?
Probably you! LOL!!

1. A True Christian must never marry an atheist or an unbelieving partner
2. If a Christian by any means is ALREADY married to an atheist, she must not divorce him. She must Love and Obey him.
3. Divorce is only permitted if the Atheist desires a separation
4. If she's already married to an unbeliever, She must do her best to secure the Spiritual life of her children

[s]Thank God for you. You are an exception of grace that only a few has received[/s]
From above,
1. Would you encourage a JW to marry a non-believing spouse.
2. Suppose she's already married to one, will your church demand her to divorce the husband?
3. By JW doctrine, if you allow her to remain with the unbelieving spouse, is is biblical for her NOT to obey her husband?
4. On who's responsibility fall the spiritual upbringing of their children?

SECONDLY:
My argument was that (assuming a true Christian decided against good judgement to marry an Atheist) and feel that he/she is too grounded in faith to fall, can he vouch for his/children's faith?

shadeyinka:

I haven't said that Atheists can't be good nor have morals. My only point of argument is about the children.
1. Will the atheist husband teach the children about how to live for a God or teach the children that God is a mere fairy tale?
2. Will the Atheist husband keep his irreligious state a secret to his own children?
3. A Christian wife who expects the Atheist husband to do these two above for the sake of love for her is either stupidly naive, selfish or not born again. A Christian wife who doesn't care for the salvation of her children is like a brute animal.

Above all, love isn't the only requirement for a good marriage. Other values like spiritual compatibility, educational compatibility, trust etc matter greatly

Moreover, marriage is a yoke (connection together) of a man and his wife. A violation of the Scripture for the Christian woman.

2Cor 6:14-15:
"Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness? And what concord has Christ with Belial? or what part has he that believes with an infidel?"

Have I said anything outside the Scriptures?

The accusation against me is that If I love like Christ, I will allow and encourage TRUE Christians to marry Atheists.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

The accusation against me is that If I love like Christ, I will allow and encourage TRUE Christians to marry Atheists.

Actually, the accusation against you is that if you love like Christ you'd stop condemning others to hell as if you were their judge and God, and you would instead tend the forest that blinds you.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13164845_notable02586_jpegd2d14e400fafd83a1fb1c6dacb17e936

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

From above,
2. Suppose she's already married to one, will your church demand her to divorce the husband?
3. By JW doctrine, if you allow her to remain with the unbelieving spouse, is is biblical for her NOT to obey her husband?

SECONDLY:
My argument was that (assuming a true Christian decided against good judgement to marry an Atheist) and feel that he/she is too grounded in faith to fall, can he vouch for his/children's faith?

Have I said anything outside the Scriptures?

The op from what anyone can easily see requires a simple response and not much talk.

You know the appropriate answer to give but are unwilling to do so for reasons that are obvious

Most of the things you have given as response is only meant to downplay the significance of the message the op is trying to pass across using his marriage as an example.

You can't continue to pretend and now. trying to rally the "mob" to your side using a false accusation. This is very shameful.

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:

Actually, the accusation against you is that if you love like Christ you'd stop condemning others to hell as if you were their judge and God, and you would instead tend the forest that blinds you.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13164845_notable02586_jpegd2d14e400fafd83a1fb1c6dacb17e936

I will love you to quote me where I condemned anyone to hell or the lake of fire!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

I will love you to quote me where I condemned anyone to hell or the lake of fire!

You must be very stupid if you think I will waste my time on your behalf when your first comment on this thread was to condemn, which you were informed of at the time but closed your eyes and refused to see the errors of your ways!

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
triplechoice:

The op from what anyone can easily see requires a simple response and not much talk.

You know the appropriate answer to give but are unwilling to do so for reasons that are obvious

Most of the things you have given as response is only meant to downplay the significance of the message the op is trying to pass across using his marriage as an example.

You can't continue to pretend and now. trying to rally the "mob" to your side using a false accusation. This is very shameful.

You should have checked my direct response to the question of the OP before your accusation. Let me repeat it here:

shadeyinka:

The OP asked the question:
"How can the Atheist me be happily married to my Christian wife?"
I assume the marriage has already been done with the stupid or non-practicing Christian wife. Then,
1. Renounce atheism truthfully and if it is not possible, then be purely non-evangelistic agnostic
2. Deliberately refraining from teaching or promoting atheism with or before the children.
3. Respect her faith and encourage her to practice her faith with all her children
4. Loving her and accepting her

The above are the answer but there are a number of issues.
1. If I was an atheist, I wouldn't renounce my atheism except by personal conviction.
2. Even though there are some non-evangelistic Atheists, it is impossible for an atheist not to justify their choice of atheism. Such justifications will be presented from the angle of superior argument (this is evangelism)
3. It is virtually impossible not to justify why daddy doesn't go to church with the children. Other children's daddy are in church every Sunday.
4. It may be possible for an atheist to respect the faith of his wife. However, except he's a deadbeat dad, he must present life and existence from the point of view of atheism.
5. It is possible for an atheist to love his wife.

Except for 5. The others are difficult if not impossible to keep.
It is understandable if the husband deconverted to Atheism after marriage BUT it is stupidity or selfishness for a Christian to choose to marry an atheist.

A war of ideology is a war of attrition. Religion/Atheism are ideologies: why would a sane person start a preventable error.

Have I replied the OP or not?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:

You must be very stupid if you think I will waste my time on your behalf when your first comment on this thread was to condemn, which you were informed of at the time but closed your eyes and refused to see the errors of your ways!
Brother Buda!

You made an accusation:
budaatum:

Now, I asked where I condemned anyone to hell and you brought out a post on morality. It's amazing that this makes any sense to you because
1. I didn't label Atheists as immoral even though I know they have no basis for their morals
2. Ask yourself this question:
Why should an atheist consider fornication as immoral between two consenting adult who practice safe sex?
Why?

Buda, Can you please answer the question?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Read the thread and reflect on your posts and learn!

shadeyinka:

Brother Buda!

You made an accusation:

Now, I asked where I condemned anyone to hell and you brought out a post on morality. It's amazing that this makes any sense to you because
1. I didn't label Atheists as immoral even though I know they have no basis for their morals
2. Ask yourself this question:
Why should an atheist consider fornication as immoral between two consenting adult who practice safe sex?
Why?

Buda, Can you please answer the question?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:
Read the thread and reflect on your posts and learn!

Ask yourself this question:
Why should an atheist consider fornication as immoral between two consenting adult who practice safe sex? Why?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

You should have checked my direct response to the question of the OP before your accusation. Let me repeat it here:

Have I replied the OP or not?

The op is about what has happened already and not what is yet to happen. You're wholely focused on the later to downplay the former.

Why can't you focus on the main thing? Can't you see that you're crying over a milk that is spilt already?

Modify. Where is the evil in the Union in you're condemning?
do you have anything to prove that any of them don't love each other?
What gives you the certainty that the child would turn out not to know God?
and how are you sure the unbeliever spouse don't get converted tomorrow?
has the Bible condemned couples who find themselves in such a situation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
I repeat! Read through the thread to see the forest in your own eyes!

shadeyinka:

[s]Ask yourself this question:
Why should an atheist consider fornication as immoral between two consenting adult who practice safe sex? Why?[/s]
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
triplechoice:

The op is about what has happened already and not what is yet to happen. You're wholely focused on the later to downplay the former.

Why can't you focus on the main thing? Can't you see that you're crying over a milk that is spilt already?
Perhaps you did not read clearly for the first part answered that (highlighted)

shadeyinka:

The OP asked the question:

"How can the Atheist me be happily married to my Christian wife?"
I assume the marriage has already been done with the stupid or non-practicing Christian wife. Then,
1. Renounce atheism truthfully and if it is not possible, then be purely non-evangelistic agnostic
2. Deliberately refraining from teaching or promoting atheism with or before the children.
3. Respect her faith and encourage her to practice her faith with all her children
4. Loving her and accepting her

The above are the answer but there are a number of issues.
1. If I was an atheist, I wouldn't renounce my atheism except by personal conviction.
2. Even though there are some non-evangelistic Atheists, it is impossible for an atheist not to justify their choice of atheism. Such justifications will be presented from the angle of superior argument (this is evangelism)
3. It is virtually impossible not to justify why daddy doesn't go to church with the children. Other children's daddy are in church every Sunday.
4. It may be possible for an atheist to respect the faith of his wife. However, except he's a deadbeat dad, he must present life and existence from the point of view of atheism.
5. It is possible for an atheist to love his wife.

Except for 5. The others are difficult if not impossible to keep.
It is understandable if the husband deconverted to Atheism after marriage BUT it is stupidity or selfishness for a Christian to choose to marry an atheist.

A war of ideology is a war of attrition. Religion/Atheism are ideologies: why would a sane person start a preventable error.

Did you see the yellow highlight?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:
I repeat! Read through the thread to see the forest in your own eyes!

Are you afraid of first answering a direct question?

Ask yourself this question:
Why should an atheist consider fornication as immoral between two consenting adult who practice safe sex? Why?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

Perhaps you did not read clearly for the first part answered that (highlighted)

Did you see the yellow highlight?

Then why the name calling if your intention was to respond only to the op. It's what I continue to ask you and you are unable to answer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
Please go through the thread. You'd find it was he who dragged it to 16 pages, and he will wilfully waste your time dragging it through another 16, for that is his way.

triplechoice:

Modify. Where is the evil in the Union in you're condemning?
do you have anything to prove that any of them don't love each other?
What gives you the certainty that the child would turn out not to know God?
and how are you sure the unbeliever spouse don't get converted tomorrow?
has the Bible condemned couples who find themselves in such a situation?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
triplechoice:

Then why the name calling if your intention was to respond only to the op. It's what I continue to ask you and you are unable to answer
Name calling!?
How? And Where?

All the argument here is simply because the rest of you wish I could just encourage and justify why a True Christian should marry an atheist. And I insist, "ko le werk!!" It can't work, and it's not possible for me to encourage an improper relationship!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:
Please go through the thread. You'd find it was he who dragged it to 16 pages, and he will wilfully waste your time dragging it through another 16, for that is his way.

The truth always remain unpliable!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

Name calling!?
How? And Where?

All the argument here is simply because the rest of you wish I could just encourage and justify why a True Christian should marry an atheist. And I insist, "ko le werk!!" It can't work, and it's not possible for me to encourage an improper relationship!

Lol. You just proved budatum right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
triplechoice:

Lol. You just proved budatum right
You make an unfounded accusation and expect what..??
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

From above,

All these you will know if you study with JWs, so go and humbly study the Bible with JWs, that's what i did when i saw the big difference. It's not all about leaving your religion to join Jehovah's Witnesses most intelligent people often study with us to know our tenets so that they'll know how to relate with us, it's few amongst them that will say "i will go with you people and your God will be my God" Zachariah 8:23 smiley

SECONDLY:
Tell them what ECWA taught you or your personal opinion after reading, studying and meditating on what is written in the Bible.
I will tell them what JWs taught me and i beleive after studying the Bible with them! smiley

Have I said anything outside the Scriptures? The accusation against me is that If I love like Christ, I will allow and encourage TRUE Christians to marry Atheists.
It shouldn't have been an accusation against you if you direct, point, present, show, tell them the GROUP of people PRACTICING what Jesus said successfully. Then individuals who wants to oppose the teaching will HATE those PRACTICING it globally {John 15:19} not just you who they can't even see to verify whether you're for real or just saying it! smiley
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:

Please,go through your false accusations.
You will never be better than a murderer.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
Buda (female) i know from the way i've read her heart through her comments can't hurt a fly, i can say that anytime even though i never take her to be a Christian but she has a big and caring heart! undecided

HellVictorinho:

Please,go through your false accusations.
You will never be better than a murderer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Myer(m): 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

It's so amazing that the one who rejected God is trying to use his warped idea of God's laws to convince others. How different are you from satan.

Mat 4:1-11:
... And when the tempter came to him, he said, If you be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. .... Then the devil takes him up into the holy city, and sets him on a pinnacle of the temple, And said to him, If you be the Son of God, cast yourself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning you: and in their hands they shall bear you up, lest at any time you dash your foot against a stone.

You are preaching the Warped ideas you didn't believe just like satan.

To the woman caught in Adultry Jesus said: Go, sin no more!
How does that compare with an unrepentant Atheist! Can he be told: I'll marry you, stop your atheism?

If you used to be a Christian then you must be aware that there are TWO opposing kingdoms of Light and of Darkness. You must know that just as you are a soldier of satan (whether you believe it or not) and Christians as soldiers of God. You advocate in the name of love an end to hostility of spirits? Do you think it is possible until one side is totally vanquished?

Eph 5:11-12:
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret."

If a Christian should have nothing to do with the works of darkness but he goes to marry a harbinger of darkness, how great is his foolishness?

Which is easier;
To grow a garden or to destroy it?
To paint a picture or to erase it?
To lift up or to bring down?

On a serious note;
Would you fight with a mad man?
Who has anything to loose in such a relationship of Christian and Atheist marriage?
Is it the Atheist?

Ecclus 33:14:
"Good is set against evil, and life against death: so is the godly against the sinner, and the sinner against the godly."

Come on, you've taken a side. It's your duty to infiltrate, spy, decimate and destroy true Christians. I don't blame you as you faithfully do the work of your master.

However:
Ezek 33:11:
"Say to them, As I live, said the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked ; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn you, turn you from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?"

I pray that one day, your eyes will be opened and your chains broken. It's still not late YET for you as you are loved by God and His Christ

You sound so much like I did.
Everyone who is not a Christian or your idea of Christian is apparently a vessel of satan.lol
I can't blame you. Religion fox you up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Buda (female) i know from the way i've read her heart through her comments can't hurt a fly, i can say that anytime even though i never take her to be a Christian but she has a big and caring heart! undecided

I will drag myself to the hottest part of hell and put chains around my neck and rocks on top of me so I cannot escape my just desserts if I am guilty as charged!

Max, just thinking of possibly being guilty is making me cry tears of guilt!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience / "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. / If You Attend All Christian Practical Praying Band. Acppb Please Identify Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.