Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity (3276 Views)

Will you vote for Donald Trump for 5000$,black Americans react (snapshots) / Will Donald Trumps Wife Melania, Be America’s Nude First Lady ? (photos) / On The Donald Trump's Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
Tayo-D:
@ogugua88,

True talk, you sabi write phlenty. I do enjoy them even though I cannot reciprocate due to limited time and pure laziness!!

I see this John Kerry thing pain you no be small. But what has Bush got to do with it? It was John Kerry's companions and fellow soldiers that cast aspersion on his service. If you accuse Bush of not serving and sending people to war, you should be pointing same finger at Obama for his actions in Libya!

As to Bush's mediocre educational history, I can only say one thing - at least we know his history. Have you asked yourself why Obama's scores are not available for public consumption unlike Bush's? Obama was said to be a Professor of constitutional law and we do not have one single paper that he wrote for review. Isn't that strange to you? If you subject Obama to the same scrutiny as Bush, you will see that Obama is actually getting a big pass. Bush was also painted as a monkey and there was a movie depicting him being assassinated. Can you imagine the outrage if someone did the same for Obama?

This is nothing but political theatre. Get your popcorn, kick off your shoes and enjoy the viewing. It's political silly season!

Lol. I don't blame you. I'm lucky my hands are nearly as fast as my hands.

There's a huge difference between Afghanistan/Iraq and Libya though. Is there not?

Since when is the president's info supposed to be available at hand? He shouldn't have to give out his birth certificate. He shouldn't have to give out his transcripts. If he was white, would he be scrutinized as much?
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:45pm On Apr 29, 2011
If Obama's absent father had been a Greek national or an Irishman (ethnically and in terms of citizenship), but not an American, I doubt all this birther crap would have come about.
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by TayoD1(m): 2:36am On Apr 30, 2011
@Ogugua88,

There's a huge difference between Afghanistan/Iraq and Libya though. Is there not?
Afghanistan was a war of necessity.  Iraq and Libya are not.  If we are to believe what was said, Bush went into Iraq due to faulty intelligence from the CIA.  Obama on the other hand went into Libya because of anticipated slaughter of "innocent civilians."  If we go by Obama's doctrine, he would have invaded Iraq too because of Saddam's record of mass killing of civilians.  One wonders why he is now looking the other way with Syria, who have killed more people during this protest than Gadaffi has killed in a much longer war.

This just occurred to me now.  Do you remember how Obama humiliated General Mcchrystal and forced a resignation from him for what is now revealed to be bogus claims and unfounded allegations?  Bush never did that to anyone in uniform and was definitely not responsible for the attack on Kerry by his contemporaries.  Kerry had it coming to him considering he disrespected people in uniform when he said those who don't go to school end up being stuck in Iraq!

Since when is the president's info supposed to be available at hand? He shouldn't have to give out his birth certificate. He shouldn't have to give out his transcripts. If he was white, would he be scrutinized as much?
Why are you saying this even in the face of contrary facts? McCain is White and yet his eligibility to be president was questioned.  Bush was subjected to ridicule and was constantly caricatured as a silly and illiterate guy.

Do you know that Bush had better grades in school than John Kerry?  Your earlier post suggests you think otherwise.  Bush and Kerry's grades were made public.  You will find some information about that here: http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnist/benedetto/2005-06-10-benedetto_x.htm
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by MandingoII(m): 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2011
The American Comedians are having a FIELD DAY, dissing Donald Trump.

donald trump is no different than a welfare queen.

he make bad decisions then ask the GOOD GOVERNMENT of the USA to allow him into BANKRUPTCY.

He's a joke and a HeB!tch
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by MandingoII(m): 5:13pm On May 01, 2011
Obama KILLED Trump last night at the Washington press dinner.

Trump is now synonomous with CLOWN.

http://www.wat.tv/video/obama-goes-step-further-than-3mpv3_31wod_.html
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by cap28: 5:54pm On May 01, 2011
^^^^^

OMG Obama made Trump look like a complete douche bag - i cant stop laughing - and Obama delivered his attack on Trump in his characteristically cool and understated way - shame on you Trump - grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by Nobody: 2:08am On May 02, 2011
Yeah, my sister was telling me about that last night. Good for both the President and DT lol.

Tayo-D:

@Ogugua88,
Afghanistan was a war of necessity.  Iraq and Libya are not.  If we are to believe what was said, Bush went into Iraq due to faulty intelligence from the CIA.  Obama on the other hand went into Libya because of anticipated slaughter of "innocent civilians."  If we go by Obama's doctrine, he would have invaded Iraq too because of Saddam's record of mass killing of civilians.  One wonders why he is now looking the other way with Syria, who have killed more people during this protest than Gadaffi has killed in a much longer war.

Sure, it may have been necessary, but what the president did gave him no chance of coming out the winner lol. If he did, then he gave Osama bin Laden a humongous head start. Did President Bush have any real intention of finding Osama bin Laden, FORMER hide and seek master lol? If the president did, then he wouldn't have had the bin Laden family flown out of the US shortly after 9/11, when the Bush administration had shut down the American airspace. Granted, his family members may or may not have had contact with someone so radical, because he was already disowned, but anyone would've thought it wise to keep them in the US for rounds of questioning anyway.

Plus, need I remind you of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o&NR=1

Don't even try to give any credit to the former president for Bin Laden's death lol.

I don't think President Obama would've invaded Iraq if he was the president then. If Hussein was still alive, with the revolutions in North Africa and the Middle East, I'm sure there would be some revolution there as well. If Hussein armed his supporters to kill civilians, then yes, President Obama probably would've intervened, and I still would've supported him. He hasn't had our troops set foot in a nation that hasn't needed us.

Quite frankly, President Obama cannot win. He's helping Libyans, he's getting backlash. If he didn't help Libyans, he would get backlash. Gadhafi armed his people to kill civilians. I don't like war, but this is different. "Operation Iraqi Freedom" took place in a stable nation. Iraq, compared to what it is now, was definitely stable. One cannot say the same for Libya. Libyans only want democracy and a new leader. Syria, too, wants democracy. He hasn't turned the other cheek. The American government is doing what it can. Like with Egypt, they've already arranged for commercial transportation for Americans to escape Syria. That's a start. Don't forget that the president is only human. He has numerous issues to handle. Maybe if it wasn't for the tornadoes ravaging the south, he may have more time for more international affairs. He's not superman.

Tayo-D:
This just occurred to me now.  Do you remember how Obama humiliated General Mcchrystal and forced a resignation from him for what is now revealed to be bogus claims and unfounded allegations?  Bush never did that to anyone in uniform and was definitely not responsible for the attack on Kerry by his contemporaries.  Kerry had it coming to him considering he disrespected people in uniform when he said those who don't go to school end up being stuck in Iraq!

The bolded is the truth actually. Those that died in Iraq were mostly boys or young men. When five, six, 10, were dying a day, they were 18, 19, 20, 21. It was very angering. I don't find what he said disrespectful at all. Sure, some people in uniform may not have liked it, but there was some truth in what he was saying. It's an escape hatch for the poor. Especially in places like Ohio and Michigan.

Tayo-D:
Why are you saying this even in the face of contrary facts? McCain is White and yet his eligibility to be president was questioned.  Bush was subjected to ridicule and was constantly caricatured as a silly and illiterate guy.

Do you know that Bush had better grades in school than John Kerry?  Your earlier post suggests you think otherwise.  Bush and Kerry's grades were made public.  You will find some information about that here: http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnist/benedetto/2005-06-10-benedetto_x.htm

Sure, they questioned him, but it never would've been to this degree.

No, I'm aware lol. It's one thing to get bad grades and it's another to get bad grades and prove to be unwise. Grades are not everything. I've always thought so. You don't have to go to school to be intelligent. Example? Bill Gates and Albert Einstein. Michael Jackson's doctor performed CPR on a bed. That's one of the biggest no-nos. They taught me that in a basic life support class and this guy was an alleged cardiologist lol.

Personally, I don't care about the transripts/certificates issue. You can get bad grades and be smart, just like you can get good grades and be dumb. My only issue is the fact that Donald Trump and his people are pressing the president like he was not smart or qualified enough to gain admittance into ivy league universities, as if affirmative action got him there. President Obama finished at Harvard Law School Magna cumlaude. That is not an easy task.
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by MandingoII(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2011
nobody is talking about this CLOWN anymore.

He is a complete NON-STORY and a reality T.V. buffoon
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by preselect(m): 3:55am On Sep 02, 2011
uhm, where's this clown again? grin grin grin

the kind of people GOP and the tea party presents.

this goat was actually leading in the republican presidential poll as some point grin grin

OMG cheesy

the donald. grin
Re: Why 'the Donald' Trumps Obama's Cult Of Celebrity by thameamead(f): 11:03am On Sep 02, 2011
pres-elect:

uhm, where's this clown again? grin grin grin

the kind of people GOP and the tea party presents.

this goat was actually leading in the republican presidential poll as some point grin grin

OMG cheesy

the donald. grin

have you bn following the war in Libya, did you know the rebels are confusing black afriacn migrants for merceneries, executing them and raping their wives/girlfriends, there are lots of footage on youtube of rebels executing and beating to death black people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Warning To Obama!! ISIS Beheads Missing American Journalist (photos) / Are Patriots Ready To Take United States Back? / Why Are They So Many White People In Accra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.