Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Port Harcourt's Overflowing Drains - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt's Overflowing Drains (743 Views)

Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing / DOOM: PDP Drains Nigeria Reserve To Zero (image) / Delta Opposition Is Overflowing With Blind Hate – Ogeah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt's Overflowing Drains by kodewrita(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2011
@Seun This post is in the politics section because there's no section for Civil Activism.

Since we are in the era of Youth Taking Charge, I feel this particular problem is probably an easier win for us(or me) than unseating PDP or some other gigantic notion. This is similar to Durotoye's team painting Mushin. Its the kind of accessible change we should all attempt and achieve.

I see drains in PH overflowing (both in the rainy and dry seasons)

I feel it should be possible to tackle this but at the moment I am bereft of ideas.

How would you go about tackling this problem (not as an elected official but as a young citizen)? Would you also be interested in doing something about it?

All ideas are welcome.
Re: Port Harcourt's Overflowing Drains by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2011
First of all local youths must be 75% present in this. Port Harcourt is failing big time and losing fans fast.  If you don't include local youths, they'll be asking for money before any construction can commence,  Ikwerre chiefs want money for everything.  Try digging a borehole to help people get water instead of buying 20L of water for 30 bucks, the chiefs will demand some bullshiiiiit money. Shell once tried building Ogboroama road in woji because lots of their staffs live there but the chiefs kept asking for more money till the construction was stopped and more ppl are denied access to good roads.  The drainage on this said road is a sewer now and doesn't look like it'll get better anytime soon.  The youths I chill with are tired of their chiefs asking for money to drink kai kai with before development reaches their community.  Eze gbaka gbaka doesn't even live in Port Harcourt can u imagine? A whole king is not residing with the people he is spiritually suppose to lead and no protests at all. What da hell? Who stands up for the people of Woji? None!!! Twisted life mehn!!

(1) (Reply)

When Ogun People Killed Their King / Yuguda Misyarns / N/assembly Spends N318.2bn To Pass 12 Bills In 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.