Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,238 members, 7,860,528 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner (3796 Views)

Bode George: PDP Will Be In The Thrash If A Northerner Gets 2027 Ticket / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 23, 2021
Coronabirus:
I just came to know Adamu recently and never saw his app.
I'm not either here to start comparison but I already told u where u will get what u want.
Every group of people have their focus in pursuance of life survival. If u have paystack or PayPal someone somewhere has cement factories, food processing companies, refineries, that worth better & give bigger returns.
Look around you and assess the owners of all the wealth you see on daily basis. Don't u see how people come from far and dominate your markets & jobs?
You mean quota system monopolized cement, refineries

I forgot i am talking to a northerner, if cement and refineries are higher potential returns than tech how come Dangote that has Africa biggest market is no where on Forbes top 30 richest men which is 80% tech occupied

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:16am On Mar 23, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
The are many Europeans that cannot speak English. They can only speak their native language.

English is not their lingua franca, and their educational materials are not written in English, unlike us.

Your courses in Nigeria are taught in English, and textbooks written in English.

If you can't write/speak English, how can you convince us you actually learnt anything in your course or profession?

A friend of mine went to a clinic in Nigeria, and while discussing with the "doctor", he discovered the man could not make any correct sentence.
And he immediately decided not to go ahead with the consultation.

If it were you, would you allow that "doctor" to treat you? How could he have understood medicine without understanding the English language, with which he was taught?

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by namiji2598: 10:02am On Mar 23, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

But an intelligent person learns new things quickly.

If your parents spend their scarce resources to send you to school, bros, there's no excuse for you not to be able to write or speak an acceptable level of the English language.
yes you are right
But how sure are u that his parents send him to school
What if he is an SSCE holders, because I expect you to know that we have N- power program for SSCE holders too
If it happens he is an SSCE holder, are u telling me all southern SSCE holders can write good English?
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by Samunique(m): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2021
Keziehenry:

story
He's right na !!!
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:44am On Mar 23, 2021
namiji2598:
yes you are right
But how sure are u that his parents send him to school
What if he is an SSCE holders, because I expect you to know that we have N- power program for SSCE holders too
If it happens he is an SSCE holder, are u telling me all southern SSCE holders can write good English?

I wasn't criticising the guy, but was just raising objections to your initial post that "*English is not a measure of intelligence".

In some cases, it can actually be.
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Mikecold:
You mean quota system monopolized cement, refineries

I forgot i am talking to a northerner, if cement and refineries are higher potential returns than tech how come Dangote that has Africa biggest market is no where on Forbes top 30 richest men which is 80% tech occupied
A lot of you just throw the word "monopoly" around without properly understanding what it entails.
Every businessman operating in a capitalist economy aspires to gain as much market share as possible so as to maximize returns, in order to do this, he deploys various strategies all derived from his business environment. One of the tools used is a PESTEL analysis which analyses the political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal environments to see where one can gain competitive advantages which they can use to achieve his objective of maximizing market share.
A monopoly would arise from the effective deployment of such strategies developed, in a market where other players are unable to compete due to the lack or insufficiency of the identified advantage - for example - Dangote aligns with practically any government in power so that he gains competitive advantages in the political environment, which come in the form of favourable policies, waivers, concessions etc. which enable him to dominate the industry/market to the point that other players are relegated or forced out. This is not in anyway wrong in the world of business, it is capitalism at its finest and it is the same across the world. Microsoft were so savage in this sense that anti-trust laws had to be enacted to protect other software companies. If you think Dangote's advantages are due to his ethnicity and not sheer brilliance and tact, how come he is replicating his success in several other African countries with various governments?
Therefore neither Dangote nor the government is doing anything wrong because what they have is a mutually beneficial strategic relationship. Dangote is simply a brilliant businessman that consistently outplays his competition.
Pls try to succeed instead of all these baseless rant. We're discussing Nigeria and black race not world. Who knows tomorrow?
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
Coronabirus:

A lot of you just throw the word "monopoly" around without properly understanding what it entails.
Every businessman operating in a capitalist economy aspires to gain as much market share as possible so as to maximize returns, in order to do this, he deploys various strategies all derived from his business environment. One of the tools used is a PESTEL analysis which analyses the political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal environments to see where one can gain competitive advantages which they can use to achieve his objective of maximizing market share.
A monopoly would arise from the effective deployment of such strategies developed, in a market where other players are unable to compete due to the lack or insufficiency of the identified advantage - for example - Dangote aligns with practically any government in power so that he gains competitive advantages in the political environment, which come in the form of favourable policies, waivers, concessions etc. which enable him to dominate the industry/market to the point that other players are relegated or forced out. This is not in anyway wrong in the world of business, it is capitalism at its finest and it is the same across the world. Microsoft were so savage in this sense that anti-trust laws had to be enacted to protect other software companies. If you think Dangote's advantages are due to his ethnicity and not sheer brilliance and tact, how come he is replicating his success in several other African countries with various governments?
Therefore neither Dangote nor the government is doing anything wrong because what they have is a mutually beneficial strategic relationship. Dangote is simply a brilliant businessman that consistently outplays his competition.
Pls try to succeed instead of all these baseless rant. We're discussing Nigeria and black race not world. Who knows tomorrow?
A brilliant economist that ran off noodles, fruit juice, tin tomatoes market when he saw competition without quota backing

How much cement do you think he actually produces in the so called other African countries

He is the one that keeps begging and reducing cement price over in those third world countries
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
Mikecold:
A brilliant economist that ran off noodles, fruit juice, tin tomatoes market when he saw competition without quota backing

How much cement do you think he actually produces in the so called other African countries

He is the one that keeps begging and reducing cement price over in those third world countries

So u think he ran away from all those commodities that he seemed less profitable?
He just leave them for smaller business men not because of competition. Cement give him more profits and very soon he'll leave the cement for oil.
Recently, he said after his giant Sugar company in Jigawa & Refinery he will not invest again in Africa. He said 2021 upward he'll invest in EU and US in free energy sector.
Stop all these jealousy. God bless those he wants irrespective of their background. All effort to paint him black has failed, now u resort to hear-say.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by chamboy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
namiji2598:
Just a reminder *English is not a measure of intelligence*
Proudly northerner
#we move
English is a sweet language just like Hausa but it doesn't in no where space in time equates to intellectual brilliance.
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
Coronabirus:

So u think he ran away from all those commodities that he seemed less profitable?
He just leave them for smaller business men not because of competition. Cement give him more profits and very soon he'll leave the cement for oil.
Recently, he said after his giant Sugar company in Jigawa & Refinery he will not invest again in Africa. He said 2021 upward he'll invest in EU and US in free energy sector.
Stop all these jealousy. God bless those he wants irrespective of their background. All effort to paint him black has failed, now u resort to hear-say.
lol, he just left what he invested heavily in for small business owners

small business owners like international companies chivita, indomie abi

I would stop here, your argument is like making brick with straw
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by namiji2598: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

I wasn't criticising the guy, but was just raising objections to your initial post that "*English is not a measure of intelligence".

In some cases, it can actually be.
you are right anyway * in some cases it actually can be*
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by VictorUSA(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
Dont be suprise he graduated with first class honours from A B U.
Re: Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 28, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

English is not their lingua franca, and their educational materials are not written in English, unlike us.

Your courses in Nigeria are taught in English, and textbooks written in English.

If you can't write/speak English, how can you convince us you actually learnt anything in your course or profession?

A friend of mine went to a clinic in Nigeria, and while discussing with the "doctor", he discovered the man could not make any correct sentence.
And he immediately decided not to go ahead with the consultation.

If it were you, would you allow that "doctor" to treat you? How could he have understood medicine without understanding the English language, with which he was taught?

Do you know that in the UK there are people in the Welsh region that speak Welsh language and there are a few people there that can only speak Welsh. Also on the UK government website there is the option to read documents in Welsh. The difficulty most people in Nigeria have is that at home they speak their parents language, when they are with their friends alot speak pidgin english, when at school they read, learn and speak to their teachers in English. It will be easier if English is spoken at home and everywhere in Nigeria this will make english to be our mother tongue and everyone will be able to speak good english though writing good english will still require having a good education.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happening In Jos Now: Men In Black Shooting Sporadically At Ahmadu Bello Way. / Does Rotimi Amaechi Know Something We Don't ? / Falana In Trouble As Mike Ezehkome Expose His Plan To Help Tinubu At The S-court

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.