Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m (17108 Views)

My Girlfriend Just Scammed Me / Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? / My Neighbor Scammed Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
Greetings Nlanders.

Please I understand this might not be the proper channel to do this, but I have written petitions to the police, I have used a court order to get back some salvaged funds, but it's no way near what was stolen. So I hope that I might get lucky and someone here can help me with tips on how we can nab this local fraudster. And even if I don't get him in the end, I hope to have created awareness, so people who do my kind of business don't get scammed using this format.

Here is my story.

I buy and sell digital assets, (Crypto) gadgets, etc. So on the 1st of December 2020, this young man texted that he has some beeteecee for sale.

One of my workers attended to him and paid him thereafter. Not knowing that this scammer only sent falsified screenshots utilizing the transparency of the Blockchain network.

Pictures of the scammer below:
This particular picture was taken at the hotel he lodged during the period he orchestrated this scam.

These are the Scammers Phone Numbers:

Telephone: 08132549953

WhatsApp: 09071905772

Please guys tag anyone who can help bring awareness to this thread.

mesmer @Doyenexchange
Lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2021
How is that possible, you may wonder?

Let me explain

Traders here will understand that sometimes we have to stick to one wallet so your customers don't make mistakes due to constant change of wallet addresses.

And because we have a big customer base, sometimes some persons send crypto to our wallet and they won't notify on time.

So what this customer turned scammer did was to request for our wallet, visit the Blockchain website and searched for our wallet activity. This will bring up all the transactions, both incoming and outgoing.

So with this he was able to know the last coin that came in. And he immediately formulated a screenshot using this information, and then he sent the screenshot to my worker who didn't think of any foul play because:

1: The screenshot he sent was bearing hash codes and the details of the hash tallied with the amount received in our wallet.

2: He is oblivious of such scamming format.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
How did we discover this scam?

Hours later, the customer who genuinely sent that coin claimed by the scammer, sent in the screenshot of the transaction.

And my employee called to explain what has happened. I immediately placed a call to my bank and the scammers bank. But it was a little too late. He already moved most of the funds to another bank account.

MY BANK WAS ABLE TO SALVAGE N585,000 OUT OF N2.6M.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by emae009(m): 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
you call your bank about a crypocurrency transaction you were scammed of and they didn't block your account??

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
Here is another picture of the scammer. Gotten after some private investigations. His name is ONYEACHO CHIBUIKE EMEKA.

He is based in Lagos state.

Please anyone with information on how I can get this guy should kindly inform me.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Cerebellum: 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
So sad

Sorry bro

I can swear on Lie mohamod big nose that that scammer is An Amaka

Modified: I talk am or A no talk am?? Nah only them fit carry out this Atrocitygrin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
emae009:
you call your bank about a crypocurrency transaction you were scammed of and they didn't block your account??

No sir. You don't have to disclose the details of your dealings before the bank puts a PND on a scammers account. All you need is proof of scam.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
You should have confirmed that you've received the coin before payment now.
Cerebellum:
So sad

Sorry bro

Modified: I talk am or A no talk am?? Nah only them fit carry out this Atrocitygrin
cry lipsrsealed
I'm ashamed sharing a country with you.
Come, wetin dey work una sef for this Nairaland.
Every matter una go carry tribalism enter.
Old old men wen don reach to born go dey call themselves Afonja, Nyamuri, Skull miner. angry

44 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
Cerebellum:
So sad

Sorry bro

Modified: I talk am or A no talk am?? Nah only them fit carry out these Atrocitygrin

grin grin

Please proffer solutions boss. No make me laugh forget why I come here.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nairalandian:

He dealt directly with my employee. And I don't blame my employee because he's new to such scam.

And it was carefully carried out.

Not all traders are targeted for such scam boss. They find traders who have large volumes of transactions knowing there must be an unclaimed coin for some period of time.

I hope you understand now.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2021
CITEH:

He dealt directly with my employee. And I don't blame my employee because he's new to such scam.

And it was carefully carried out.

Not all traders are targeted for such scam boss. They find traders who have large volumes of transactions knowing there must be an unclaimed coin for some period of time.

I hope you understand now.
I think trading platforms should have a means of identifying wallets....like it should have a name or lemme say like a profile that identifies a particular wallet, and not just an Alphanumeric combination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kindly share with every trader you know. I hope this helps someone out there avoid being scammed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Cerebellum: 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nairalandian:

cry lipsrsealed
I'm ashamed sharing a country with you.
Come, wetin dey work una sef for this Nairaland.
Every matter una go carry tribalism enter.
Old old men wen don reach to born go dey call themselves Afonja, Nyamuri, Skull miner. angry

Why You no just geh sense self

Beta be calming, no go enter latrine o,

Anyways, one love bro
Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2021
Cerebellum:

Why You no just geh sense self

Beta be calming, no go enter latrine o,

Anyways, one love bro

Werey
I just hope that all this tribalistic bigotry is limited to Nairaland and social media and it's all just cruise. Hope una no dey carry am go outside.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
Slawomiirr come and check if you know this guy abeg. Na beg i dey.

He's not a real nigga obviously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Chummynoni(m): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
frontpage to create awareness..i thot foolish yahoo boys target was the whitemen, based on the excuse that the white stole their forefathers audio gold. is this man a whiteman?.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2021
His Bank records gotten legally by means of a court order shows his address as thus

No 3, ADONIAN STREET MILE 12

Please anyone here who's on Twitter, kindly help me trend this. I have every document that proofs he's a scammer. And I have also written petitions to the police.

His accounts are currently on PND, but he's been on the run ever since.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
CITEH:
His Bank records gotten legally by means of a court order shows his address as thus

No 3, ADONIAN STREET MILE 12

Please anyone here who's on Twitter, kindly help me trend this. I have every document that proofs he's a scammer. And I have also written petitions to the police.

His accounts are currently on PND, but he's been on the run ever since.

Kindly leave out the details of transaction (crypto) while reposting on Twitter please. Due to the sentiments and stereotype it attracts at the moment as a consequence of CBN and FG's stance.
Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
CITEH hope you will pay me?
The hotel is lyta Signature Gowon estate.
Don't ask me how I know.

Easy with your transactions though. I know a person whose account has been frozen since last week. Pele. It is well

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
MejiLoyon:
CITEH hope you will pay me?
The hotel is lyta Signature Gowon estate.
Don't ask me how I know.

Easy with your transactions though. I know a person whose account has been frozen since last week. Pele. It is well

Thanks bro. He just lodged at the hotel to orchestrate the scam. The police went there already after investigations and he wasn't found.

Thanks for your input anyway. I appreciate.

About freezing of accounts, my business account was taken down also. But not with my funds therein. The bank will notify you first I think.

Or wasn't he notified?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by mariahAngel(f): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
Chummynoni:
frontpage to create awareness..i thot foolish yahoo boys target was the whitemen, based on the excuse that the white stole their forefathers audio gold. is this man a whiteman?.

@ audio gold grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by ikllbrokehoes(m): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2021
Chummynoni:
And you believed them? that was how one unfortunate one scammed me of 700k few years back and blocked me, he was very lucky I was leaving Nigeria in couple of days, if not I would have seriously dealt with him, I used another WhatsApp number to insult the hell out of his life and sweared for him, these guys are just so fvcking lazy, heartless and wicked.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Roon9(m): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2021
I pray he's caught. During those mmm international days some one did this to me via same block chain scope. Thankfully the other sender was already confirmed. Your employee made a very honest but costly mistake

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by RomanGreen: 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2021
CITEH:
How is that possible, you may wonder?

Let me explain

Traders here will understand that sometimes we have to stick to one wallet so your customers don't make mistakes due to constant change of wallet addresses.

And because we have a big customer base, sometimes some persons send crypto to our wallet and they won't notify on time.

So what this customer turned scammer did was to request for our wallet, visit the Blockchain website and searched for our wallet activity. This will bring up all the transactions, both incoming and outgoing.

So with this he was able to know the last coin that came in. And he immediately formulated a screenshot using this information, and then he sent the screenshot to my worker who didn't think of any foul play because:

1: The screenshot he sent was bearing hash codes and the details of the hash tallied with the amount received in our wallet.

2: He is oblivious of such scamming format.

Sorry for your loss....next time, learn to generate a new btc address, there is a reason why blockchain is built that way, it will help you verify any claims easily. Always generate a new address for any transaction. Period!

2.6m is quite big, get a police report and have them place a PND on the account then get a court order to have the bank give you the Customer address verification document, there you can have all the details you need to hunt that idiot down...bear it in mind the police will most likely tell you they will collect 10% of the funds when it's recovered, so consider your options well. Good luck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Roon9:
I pray he's caught. During those mmm international days some one did this to me via same block chain scope. Thankfully the other sender was already confirmed. Your employee made a very honest but costly mistake

Thank you boss.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by CITEH: 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
RomanGreen:

Sorry for your loss....next time, learn to generate a new btc address, there is a reason why blockchain is built that way, it will help you verify any claims easily. Always generate a new address for any transaction. Period!

2.6m is quite big, get a police report and have them place a PND on the account then get a court order to have the bank give you the Customer address verification document, there you can have all the details you need to hunt that idiot down...bear it in mind the police will most likely tell you they will collect 10% of the funds when it's recovered, so consider your options well. Good luck

Thank you.
Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by mojoyin73585: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Donspicey: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2021
And somebody will tell me to pity Gboys wen ever they are caught.....

The guy no go end well sha....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Obierika(m): 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2021
CITEH:
Here is another picture of the scammer. Gotten after some private investigations. His name is ONYEACHO CHIBUIKE EMEKA.

He is based in Lagos state.

Please anyone with information on how I can get this guy should kindly inform me through this WhatsApp number

0708 six zero six 00 nine five

I hate scammers!!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Homeboiy: 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
He dey run local

Tueeh

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by Obierika(m): 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
And you believed them? that was how one unfortunate one scammed me of 700k few years back and blocked me, he was very lucky I was leaving Nigeria in couple of days, if not I would have seriously dealt with him, I used another WhatsApp number to insult the hell out of his life and sweared for him, these guys are just so fvcking lazy, heartless and wicked.

A lot of people in Nigeria just want to reap where they did not sow angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m by GeneralPula: 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
But why would you released money without confirming coins in your wallet?

No bitcoin trader will release money without confirming coins in wallet..

Could you drop those fake screen shots for us to see? Blockchain I know will include date & time that’s not editable...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"5 Benefits Of Having A Friend With Benefits" / 18 Year-old Girl Admits Having Sex With Dog 30 To 40 Times. See Photos And Video / Is It Normal?? A Guy Of 18 Crushing On A Girl Of 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.