Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position (12215 Views)

Five APC Power Blocs Battle For Control Ahead Of 2023 Presidency Poll / FG Seizes Oil Blocs From Kola Abiola, Others / 2019: APC Power Blocs In Supremacy Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by dre11(m): 5:53am On Mar 20, 2021
Barely 90 days to the likely date for the national convention of the All Progressives Congress, the hushed battle for control of the party’s structure at the national level is beginning to take shape, Saturday PUNCH, gathered in Abuja on Friday.

The pioneer Interim APC National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, was a leading figure in the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, his successor Chief John Odigie-Oyegun started off in the All Nigeria Peoples Party (with the return of democracy in 1999) before moving over to the defunct ACN.

Former Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, who is also of the ACN bloc, took over from Odigie-Oyegun, as national chairman. The current chairman of the National Caretaker Committee, Governor Mai Mala Buni, also has an ANPP background.

On Friday, a former Chairman of the Federal Capital Territory chapter of the ACN, Sunny Moniedafe, declared interest in taking over from Mai Mala Buni.

Moneidafe told the media that his interest in the race was born out of the need to reposition the party for greater performance and service delivery.

He said, “With just about 90 days to our national convention, I don’t think it is too early to start my campaign. With me as national chairman by God’s grace our party will ensure that campaign promises are not mere rhetoric. I will ensure respect for all arms of government. A situation where the National Assembly will invite ministers and they will refuse to go is not right.

“We will also ensure that undue interference in the process of the section of candidates, a situation which cost us four states in 2019 does not repeat itself.”

In response to a question on the issue of zoning, he said, “My personal opinion is that the next President of Nigeria should come from the south. It could be the South East, South West of the South South. I know that you have to negotiate to get it, you cannot intimidate, blackmail or threaten people.”

Moneidafe, who described himself as a true Nigerian, said he was born by a Delta father in Adamawa State where he spent most of his formative years before moving to Abuja, where he has been for over two decades.

However, the Nasarawa State Governor, Abdullahi Sule, who is leading the campaign for his predecessor, Senator Tanko Al-Almakura, is appealing to party members to give the CPC bloc in the APC a chance to lead the party.

He has told whoever cared to listen that it would be in the interest of justice and equity for Al-Makura who is originally from the CPC bloc to be given a chance to provide leadership for the APC.

In one of his campaign stops in Nasarawa, Sule said, “Two of the legacy parties; ACN and ANPP each produced two national chairmen of the APC.

“The only legacy party that is yet to produce the national chairman is the CPC. Once the CPC is allowed to produce the next chairman of the APC during its forthcoming national convention, it’s only fair to consider Nasarawa State.”

PUNCH

Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:00am On Mar 20, 2021
Moomoo people

The only person wey try get sense na Amaechi all the rest have failed woefully including fashola

Oga Fashola whereare the houses you promised Nigerians in every state?
They even posted it online I applied for the housing scheme e Don reach 2 years now forget the fact that they haven't said anything to us the applicants we haven't even seen the houses being built, in PH, in Abuja, in Lagos nothing at all is ongoing. Ministry of housing just scammed us.

Efcc will not pursue dem oh na small boys wey dey find money chop from abroad dem go pursue leave the big big fishes

7 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Happiboispot(m): 7:01am On Mar 20, 2021
undecided
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Monogamy: 7:03am On Mar 20, 2021
Northerners should produce the next Apc chairman

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by horlarlorwor(m): 7:04am On Mar 20, 2021
APC my foot. This can only happen in a corntree and not my Oodua republic

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 20, 2021
D
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Lattop(m): 7:07am On Mar 20, 2021
Craze People

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Movieguru(m): 7:08am On Mar 20, 2021
Ok
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by sms4sure(m): 7:11am On Mar 20, 2021
Interesting moment ahead. God help Nigeria
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by overseer1(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2021
Anything That Will Bring APC to her Knees is Okay
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by adeade83: 7:16am On Mar 20, 2021
Gathering of the VULTURES again! Nigerians are wiser now than years back.

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Cooldiipo(m): 7:21am On Mar 20, 2021
angry

This our multiparty system is too expensive and prone to corruption. We need to have a way to make a change of try something different but those already benefitting from this will likely defend it with gun and all they have. Our range of lithium powerbanks can charge your phone for a whole week and power you laptop for over ten hours, Let me know if you need one.Just Imagine a situation where you need the national assembly to pass the law to make the change cry
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Sonoyom(m): 7:27am On Mar 20, 2021
APC can never be a single party. ACN, ANPP, CPC.
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Toosure70: 7:29am On Mar 20, 2021
I'm only concern about odua republic. If you're a southerner and still concern about 2023, you're contradicting your brain.
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by iykelight: 7:38am On Mar 20, 2021
These old men call us fools. 2023 it’s the right time to chase these old politicians regardless of the party to either exile or to their creator. Criminals.
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by ablejesus26(m): 7:43am On Mar 20, 2021
The destruction of dis demonic creation Apcheat should be the task of everyone who still has 1kobo sympathy for this failed � tree
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by gigabyte13: 7:47am On Mar 20, 2021
Mtchewwwwwwww, Dem don dey scatter one by each, every don start to dey bear there papa name........ Dis polithiefcians sef
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by iampeterben(m): 7:54am On Mar 20, 2021
Next news please nothing about APC interest me anymore.
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by okeyglm: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2021
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by IamFINESSE: 8:37am On Mar 20, 2021
grin
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by EagleSquare1(m): 7:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
No elections can be won without a political platform. And, for now, the APC still remains one of the formidable vehicles towards which elections can be won.
Sunny Sylvester Moniedafe is a patriotic Nigerian that has also paid his dues in Nigerian politics,. Through thick and thin he has remained loyal to the APC, beginning with when he was a member of AC, then ACN, and now APC. He comes with a breath of fresh air, and if given a chance he will deliver the goods. Well, he has thrown his hat into the ring. Let the contest begin!

dre11:

PUNCH
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by tutudesz: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Waiting to see were the chairman comes from. If na Northerner, South will get the presidential ticket grin
Re: 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position by Baba40(f): 5:47am On Mar 21, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Moomoo people

The only person wey try get sense na Amaechi all the rest have failed woefully including fashola

Oga Fashola whereare the houses you promised Nigerians in every state?
They even posted it online I applied for the housing scheme e Don reach 2 years now forget the fact that they haven't said anything to us the applicants we haven't even seen the houses being built, in PH, in Abuja, in Lagos nothing at all is ongoing. Ministry of housing just scammed us.

Efcc will not pursue dem oh na small boys wey dey find money chop from abroad dem go pursue leave the big big fishes

Did they collect money from you?

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again / Dominic Bukuni Jailed For Two Years / Atiku Represents Spirit Of June 12 – Gbenga Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.