Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

“I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” (1113 Views)

Wike Made Amaechi Governor And Removed Him / Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor / Charles Amaechi: Governor Wike Commiserates With Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by SeunOluwafemi: 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has claimed that Rotimi Amaechi, his predecessor led the state through his help.

Wike’s comment is in reaction to Rotimi Amaechi referring to him as a staff in response to allegations of misappropriating funds from the sale of state’s assets.

During an interview on BBC pidgin on Friday, Wike said he was surprised that Amaechi whom he made governor would turn around to call him an employee.

Wike explained that he supported Amaechi’s political ambitions then because he was not interested in being governor and that even after he became governor, Amaechi still sought his advice on how to run his government.

“Amaechi and I were in the same party and in politics, everybody has his own ambition. He had his ambition to be governor and at the time, I didn’t. So, we fought and supported him to be governor.

“Now he’s in APC and you don’t expect me as a PDP person to support what he does.

“I was the one God used to make Amaechi governor. I will even give you a tape from what he said in the church; that after God, I’m next. But he went on national television to say that I was his staff, his employee. It wasn’t funny but I said no problem.

“We all sat to make him the governor and I was the one who championed it. How do you call someone who made you governor an employee?

“Even after he became governor, he sought my advice on how to run his government and offered me Commissioner of finance, but I rejected the offer because I wanted to be the chief of staff office.

“That time I made him governor, I had the power to choose.

“This same person said over his dead body that will I be governor, now I am looking for that dead body.

“I have been governor for eight years now. In 2015 when I won, they said its because PDP was in power, but I also won again in 2019 when APC was in power,” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/20/i-made-amaechi-governor-rejected-his-offer-to-be-commissioner-of-finance-gov-wike/

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by Niyeal(m): 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2021
Okay, next

3 Likes

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by complexBoss12: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
Don't mind all this war of words, when this Man meets Amaechi they will hug and laugh. They think they are deceiving you and I. They don't care if 200k people die in Obigbo or Boko Haram/herdsmen are taking people's lands in Oyo.

3 Likes

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by Otunbaigwe(m): 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
lol
Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by securitywatch50: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
super power @wike I won 2015 under pdp and 2019 under APC

2 Likes

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by kayusely70(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
You were his staff.

1 Like

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by Emyzoloye5(m): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
wike and sen. magnus abe are so ungrateful

Amaechi played a huge role in their political success now they are biting the same finger that fed them

1 Like

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by yinkus6750(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
But he was two term speaker of RSHA, while you were a LG Chairman.
We agree you had grassroots support through Obi Akpor LG that you controlled.
His political CV is higher.
That notwithstanding, both of you are Ikwerres , enough of the ego, settle and work collectively for the progress of the state.

2 Likes

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by donbachi(m): 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Money u no bring,supreme court justice u no be.it was tonye cole dat brought the first 200m for litigations..u and others only represented at courts for ur own interests.not like u all supported him and went back homes to rest,negleting political appointments.u all moved into the brick house with him..so,make we hear word.

1 Like

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by Ademola47(m): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
If not for political verbosity, which sane man would have made this statement.

Someone you served in his cabinet, who took him as a political godson. A governor that served before him, former speaker of the state house of assembly and now a minister is who he made.

If making a counter statement is very important, he should have applied logic.

1 Like

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by ollysaks: 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

Amaechi played a huge role in their political success now they are biting the same finger that fed them

You know nothing about politics in Rivers State.
Amaechi ran away to Ghana went the battle was fierce.
Wike manned the ground.

1 Like

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by AsomughaChuks05: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Obiano is also Governor of Anambra state going on to complete his eight years on the coveted seat after some some people said it wouldn't happen. God gives power.

1 Like

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by Gandollaar(f): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

The rat of Ubima did same to Peter Odili.

1 Like

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ademola47:

Someone you served in his cabinet, who took him as a political godson. A governor that served before him, former speaker of the state house of assembly and now a minister is who he made.

it will take a miracle to believe what Wike says to be true
Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by Gandollaar(f): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ademola47:

There's no logic needed.

Wike stated the facts. Perhaps you were too young to understand what went down then.

1 Like

Re: “I Made Amaechi Governor, Rejected His Offer To Be Commissioner Of Finance” by Gandollaar(f): 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
paulemmy19:
it will take a miracle to believe what Wike says to be true
You will only be exposing your ignorance

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Owerri, Imo State Yesterday After Heavy Downpour / BREAKING!!! Bandits Overpower Police, Kidnap 25 Students In Fresh Attack (photos / Throwback:USA Accuses Buhari & Malami Of Hindering Effort To Recover Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.