Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:51 PM

The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? (1074 Views)

Adebanjo To Buhari : Stop Accommodating Obasanjo / Ex-pension Reform Boss Maina Offers To Assist Buhari Stop Corruption In Sector / PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by olaolabiy: 12:52am On Apr 15, 2011
TELL Magazine, February 21, 1999 edition, had on its front page, this sensational caption "the man who will be president, can Falae stop him?"

The current political climate has all the trappings of of 1999 - issues and personalities, ethnic loyalty, suspense and nocturnal discussions about an alliance.  Thus, the political terrain is now a classic melodrama of sort as it is now interspersed with all the aforementioned.

REASONS WHY GEJ WILL WIN:

First of all, there is something called "power of incumbency". Even in a free and fair election, this always seems a formidable power. Hence, dislodging a sitting president would be a considerable feat of political shrewdness, even in the so-called Western World. It rarely happens.

2. THE WORLD'S SUPERPOWER:

America is the the world's superpower and GEJ must have been thoroughly vetted by the CIA. I think they see him as someone they can relate with and trust with the reins in a key resource-rich country called Nigeria. If they want him there, trust me, he will be there.

3. OPPOSITION IN DISARRAY:

The ranks of the opposition appear decimated by self-interests. This is the main reason why the mooted alliance between CPC and ACN has not materialized. I think this logjam is a plus for the PDP.

4. ETHNIC AND POLITICAL CONSIDERATIONS:

I expect a sizeable chunk of vote from the South of Nigeria to be cast for GEJ. And, up North, some leaders there do not trust Buhari. How else would you explain what happened last weekend (NASS election)? Surprisingly, the North appears to be a hotbed of different political permutations (at least, from the standpoint of their leaders).

PERSONAL VIEW:

If elections can be decided within the cloisters of Nairaland, Buhari will win. I see Buhari has a credible candidate. He isn't a technocrat but a firebrand politician who will be able to confront societal vices - especially, corruption, head-on.

But, elections are are NEVER  determined on a personal whim. And, finally, I wouldn't say malpractices are possible. undecided

So, your excellency, President Jonathan.
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by olaolabiy: 1:15am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf, you can thank me later tongue
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by AljUche: 1:16am On Apr 15, 2011
^^^^^

what is happening

you yorubas have started with this ur 2 face angry
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by olaolabiy: 1:20am On Apr 15, 2011
Alj Uche:

^^^^^

what is happening

you yorubas have started with this your 2 face angry

grin grin grin grin
Trust me:

Your excellency, President Jonathan.
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by semid4lyfe(m): 6:41am On Apr 15, 2011
Mr Ola,
Nice analysis!

It's funny how all these CPC goons think elections are won on Nairaland grin
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by slap1(m): 7:29am On Apr 15, 2011
GEJ is the man to beat in this election and BTW, I don't think Buhari is more popular than him on Nairaland. FRESH AIR = IKUKU OMA = GEJ!
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by Wadeoye(m): 7:40am On Apr 15, 2011
There are Yorubas who are morally bankrupt - the followers of OBJ in SW. Ola is one of them.
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by olaolabiy: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Mr Ola,
Nice analysis!

They are keyboard warriors. grin
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by olaolabiy: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2011
slap1:

GEJ is the man to beat in this election and BTW, I don't think Buhari is more popular than him on Nairaland. FRESH AIR = IKUKU OMA = GEJ!

Your excellency, President Jonathan.
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by olaolabiy: 8:38am On Apr 15, 2011
Wadeoye:

There are Yorubas who are morally bankrupt - the followers of OBJ in SW. Ola is one of them.

I dey laugh oo.

I wouldn't mind being morally bankrupt, sir.
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 15, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Mr Ola,
Nice analysis!

This how you guy win elections:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5JSE1YrCs
Re: The Man Who Will Be President, Can Buhari Stop Him? by Pygru: 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Is Our Quest For Permanent Seat In The Security Council Going To Affect Our Non-aligned Stance? / We Will Cease Fire For Ramadan", Says Boko Haram In Letter Received By Desert He / Diezani Ordered Subsidy Removal –investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.