Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections (1714 Views)

Buhari To Speak To EU Parliament In France, Source Says He Will Also See Doctors / Nnamdi Kanu Writes Open Letter To EU - Naij.com / Mark To Run Again For Senate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by AljUche: 2:40am On Apr 15, 2011
BY INALEGWU SHAIBU
Senate President, David Mark, has warned the European Union, EU, and other international observers monitoring the 2011 general polls in the country not to interfere in the electoral process.

Sen Mark, who gave the warning while meeting with Head of the EU observation mission and former Prime Minister of Slovenia, Mr. Aloysius Peterle, stressed that elections in Nigeria would not be conducted based on the template set by the EU.

He was quoted in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Paul Mumeh, as saying “we appreciated the support of the EU and other donor agencies towards the success of the elections in Nigeria, but the international agencies should not set a template on how the exercise should or should not be.

“We appreciate your positive contributions but any support that would not be positive towards the success of the election is not needed.”

Senator Mark noted that every democracy had its own peculiarities according to the tradition and culture of the people, which ought to be respected by the international observers, adding that Nigeria was no different.

Earlier, Mr. Peterle, who submitted the preliminary report of the EU to the Senate President, described last weekend’s National Assembly elections as highly impressive.

He said: “The report was based on genuine direct observations and interviews. We do not report based on hear-say or rumour, we reported based on verifiable facts.”

Mr. Peterle also commended the Nigerian electorate, noting that the success was recorded because of their patience and commitment to genuine democracy.

He, however, urged the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to improve on logistics which he said constituted some hitches in the conduct of the election.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/mark-to-eu-dont-interfere-in-our-elections/
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 5:56am On Apr 15, 2011
"Don't interfere with us rigging, Europe"
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 15, 2011
Oh yeah they should not interfere with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5JSE1YrCs

Shame GO catch all of them very soon. Thieves!
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ziccoit: 7:05am On Apr 15, 2011
I had never learned, heard and romoured of a leader who had ever said such a disgusting statement. By the group they belong you shall know them. PDP, Power to the failure.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by recoome(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2011
ziccoit:

I had never learned, heard and romoured of a leader who had ever said such a disgusting statement. By the group they belong you shall know them. PDP, Power to the failure.
u must be a stupid human being, are we not a soverign nation, has AU ever gone to europe to observe elections. A patriotic distinguished senator of the federal republic is trying to defend his national soverignty and all u do is castigate him.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 10:44pm On Apr 15, 2011
May they interfere heavily
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by EzeUche(m): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

May they interfere heavily

Go to your white masters. . .
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2011
If white masters will prevent FG/PDP masters from rigging elections, fine by me
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 11:15pm On Apr 15, 2011
ekt bear said

If white masters will prevent FG/PDP masters from rigging elections, fine by me

Have they prevented in their own countries first?

http://mrssatan..com/2007/05/french-election-rigged.html

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0606/S00122.htm
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 11:21pm On Apr 15, 2011
^-- I trust 'em more than I trust the PDP, FG, and dudes like David Mark
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by OmoTier1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2011
Am I surprized this is coming from a man who once told us telephone is for the rich only? Or a man whom we saw INEC officials, minors and corps members thumb printing in his favour during the last NASS election?

His days are numbered!He will be disgraced like thier grandmaster Obj was last saturday.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 11:57pm On Apr 15, 2011
ekt bear said

^-- I trust 'em more than I trust the PDP, FG, and dudes like David Mark

That's because you're a naive goat.

I'm sure the people in Iraq, Afghanistan (and now Libya) know better.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 12:03am On Apr 16, 2011
^-- It is what it is. I have the right to be a naive goat, when it comes to protecting the interests of my region. Thanks for your concern, but I don't particularly want or need it.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by recoome(m): 12:12am On Apr 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- It is what it is. I have the right to be a naive goat, when it comes to protecting the interests of my region. Thanks for your concern, but I don't particularly want or need it.
it is people like u that worship anything western, i'm sure when u see a white person, ur jaws drop. American bobo like u!
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 12:16am On Apr 16, 2011
ekt bear said

^^ Not particularly concerned about you, since there's a 149,999,999 other Nigerians to think of.

I'm just here to tell YOU that you are NAIVE (not to mention insulting) to come in here trying to make out that the white folks, who ruled us for 100 years and built NOT ONE UNIVERSITY IN THE PERIOD, leaving this nation almost completely illiterate at independence, with ZERO infrastructure, after SIPHONING RESOURCES FOR 100 YEARS WORTH IN TOTAL SEVERAL TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN TODAY'S MONEY, are to be ''trusted'' over anyone else.

(At least our home bred 'thieves' build schools, build roads, universities, hospitals, power plants, telecoms, an economy that's growing etc etc.)

You can ONLY ''trust'' the west more, NOT because of any record of achievement on their part in Nigeria, but because you are hypnotized by the success they've achieved in THEIR OWN countries, naively assuming they would gladly  replicate that success in YOUR country, even if it affects them adversely (and generally speaking, it will). Hence you need to think things through a lot more before automatically and thoughtlessly placing your trust in foreign governments over your own.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by OmoTier1(m): 12:21am On Apr 16, 2011
Rossikk:

ekt bear said

That's because you're a naive goat.

I'm sure the people in Iraq, Afghanistan (and now Libya) know better.
Why wont you bark like a maddog when your lord rigger has thrown you a bone? Freaky Rag tag  PDP thug election rigger.

If david mark en co had respected the rule of law in the past concerning election and electorial process would there be need for EU to send any obsever to nigeria? Oh let me remind you, the EU is one of the top donor agency to nigeria and has supported the rooting of democracy in nigeria in several ways and therefore has a moral standing to observe and pass comments the way they saw things and the way they are -- if that is what your lord mark calls interferance, then he should go suck those rotten oranges wasting in benue state.

As much as we all like to hate the whites, let us remember that standing for the truth at all times irrespective of colour or race is the right and moral thing to do and if we act rightly and do just,then others would find no fault to pass negative comments not even the so called whites.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Musiwa13: 12:25am On Apr 16, 2011
see
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 12:28am On Apr 16, 2011
This has nothing to do with white or black. If you are going to rig, then I'll seek to stop you. If I have to find allies in the EU to prevent you from rigging, so be it.

No amount of useless African pride bullshit will allow me to let David Mark and the PDP take away democracy from me.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 12:28am On Apr 16, 2011
Omo Tier

Why wont you bark like a maddog when your lord rigger has thrown you a bone? Freaky Rag tag  PDP thug election rigger.

If david mark en co had respected the rule of law in the past concerning election and electorial process would there be need for EU to send any obsever to nigeria? Oh let me remind you, the EU is one of the top donor agency to nigeria and has supported the rooting of democracy in nigeria in several ways and therefore has a moral standings to observe and say things the way they are if that is what your lord mark calls interferance, then he should go suck those rotten oranges wasting in benue state. As much as we all like to hate the whites, let us remember that standing for the truth at all times irrespective of colour or race as this is the right and moral thing to do.

Instead of being the ''top donor agency'' why don't they simply get their ''top donor banks'' like Barclays, HSBC, Credit Suisse, Citibank and Swiss Banks to COUGH UP ALL THE LOOT sitting in their accounts and send to us, rather than sending boring old retirees to Abuja to offer ''donor advice and 20 kobo payment''?

Are their ''donor payments'' up to 1 millionth of our money sitting in their banks?

Or even up to 1 millionth of our current annual GDP?

Fact is, we really don't need their chicken change donor cash. We are not Malawi.

Mark is telling them that to their face because he can.

Now why don't you run along and go kiss mo azzz
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 12:33am On Apr 16, 2011
blahblahblah, do whatever you like in the other 5 regions of naija if you like. But in the SW, we want international observers and free and fair elections
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^NIGERIANS JUST WANT FREE & FAIR ELECTIONS.

We do not give two shiits about ''international observers''.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 12:49am On Apr 16, 2011
^-- Speak only for your own people, not mine. The Yoruba and many other like-minded groups in naija wants free-and-fair elections, and understand that international observers are a wise step to ensure it happens
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 12:55am On Apr 16, 2011
ekt bear said

^-- Speak only for your own people, not mine. Yorubaland wants free-and-fair elections. International observers are a wise step to ensure it happens

You this guy you're so dense. Or maybe you're just a very young man.

Tell me. Have they or have they not been ''international observers'' at every election held in Nigeria since independence?

Answer = Yes.

What difference did their presence or non-presence make in the proceedings?

Answer =  zero.

So what informs your obsession with their presence?

You need to get it through your skull that the present drive to free and fair elections in Nigeria is an[b] internally generated dynamic[/b], which has absolutely nothing to do with the two or three ''magical'' white faces you see at polling stations ''observing'' the poll, with their presence being merely tangential to the exercise.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 1:00am On Apr 16, 2011
^-- Is the point of this to convince me? Nothing you can say will change my mind. Go sell your story to someone who is likely to buy it.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 1:03am On Apr 16, 2011
^^No, I know you're an unthinking dunce who sees the world through the blue eyes of a caucasian.

But others need to read responses to your drivel.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 1:06am On Apr 16, 2011
Readers of this thread from the SW (and other freedom-loving lands), have you been convinced by Rossikk's arguments?
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Readers of this thread from the SW (and other freedom-loving lands), have you been convinced by Rossikk's arguments?

are you minding that gbagbo/gaddaffi acolyte
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 1:22am On Apr 16, 2011
ekt bear said

Air head. You cannot even debate your position without calling on ''others''.

Meanwhile anyone who thinks that ''international observers'' and not INEC, the Federal and State govts and security agencies are those PRIMARILY responsible for the recent free and fair polls in Nigeria, deserves to remain in opposition.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 1:27am On Apr 16, 2011
^-- You've misunderstood what you quoted. If most folks in the SW agree with you, then I'd be happy to debate. But if most agree with me, then there is no point. This is why I asked people reading the thread to chime in.
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by Rossikk(m): 1:31am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^My friend stop making excuses for your intellectual impotence.

I asked you simple questions which you evaded in your rush to embrace Johnny foreigner.

Main question being: In previous votes did the presence of foreign observers have any impact on the character of the polls?

Simple question!
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by hercules07: 1:33am On Apr 16, 2011
We want international observers in all of the regions, is it not the UK that is fighting our corruption war for us by jailing stealing governors? Why is Rossike afraid of observers if he is not ready to rig, who is David Mark to be giving observers conditions?
Re: Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections by ektbear: 1:35am On Apr 16, 2011
Rossikk: You don't get it. I honestly don't care what you think on this topic. I have zero interest in convincing you.

Regarding intellectual impotence. . . last time I remember interacting with you, you were roundly rubbished in that Japan thread. You are in no position to call anyone else out

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If Osama Is Not Dead? What If We Are Being Lied To? / Analysis Of Nairalanders / Islamic Finance - Ijara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.