Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) (26418 Views)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Abdulazeez99: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
Nwando Achebe daughter of the late novelist, poet, and essayist Chinua Achebe on Sunday marked her father’s eighth death anniversary with a touching note on social media, Igbere TV reports.

She said in a tweet that although he had been gone for eight years, she still misses him more than he would ever know.

“My beloved dad and best friend, Chinua Achebe, passed away 8 years today. Missing you, daddy, more than you will ever know. May the souls of the dearly departed rest in perfect peace. @achebe_chidi,” she wrote.

https://twitter.com/NwandoAchebe/status/1373602509584011264?s=20

Chinua Achebe died after a short illness on March 21, 2013, in Boston, United States.

He is best known for his first novel Things Fall Apart which was published in 1958.

Nwando herself is an academic, feminist scholar, and multi-award-winning historian.

She is a professor of history and associate dean for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the College of Social Science at Michigan State University.

27 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Movieguru(m): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Keep resting Legend

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by ikllbrokehoes(m): 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
Always a legend

41 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Deborah98(f): 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
Legends don't die.... He's just resting..

63 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
It's been long.

Winning Nobel prize doesn't make one the Jagaban of African Literature.....

This man really knows how to play with words...

Continue Resting in the bosom of our Lord.

Some of his quotes

"While we do our good works let us not forget that the real solution lies in a world in which charity will have become unnecessary."

"The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart."

'Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.'

"when we are comfortable and inattentive, we run the risk of committing grave injustices absentmindedly."

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by illicit(m): 7:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
RIP Hero....

10 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by maureensylvia(f): 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Keep resting paapi

10 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by EXOUSIAng: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
As far as I am concerned, he "is" the greatest writer Africa has produced...
He is one of the reasons why no matter the level of stupidity, ignorance and lack of intellect displayed by Easterners. I still respect the igbo tribe... I still understand that the igbos are not totally as depicted by the few her on NL.

God bless his soul

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Resurrection212: 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
I'm not sure if this man will ever rest well. His work not promote peace and stability among Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Iegendhero: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
Juliusmalema:
It's been long.

I think this Nobel prize really dealt with the psyche of you guys.

You can’t fight destiny. Achebe was a legend on his own but he never won the Nobel prize in literature.

That is a truth that will live forever and no matter how much envy and pain people like you voice out against Prof. Soyinka, truth cannot be changed!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
Iegendhero:

You can’t fight destiny. Achebe was a legend on his own but he never won the Nobel prize in literature.

That is a truth that will live forever and no matter how much envy and pain people like you voice out against Prof. Soyinka, truth cannot be changed!

Lol.....I didn't call anybody's name.

Suddenly characters avoiding me has started quoting me again.

Did you miss road?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Beremx(f): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
Juliusmalema:
It's been long.

This is not necessary. Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka are not enemies so don’t make them one. Both men are legends

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by careytommy37(m): 10:03am On Mar 22, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by slawormiir: 10:03am On Mar 22, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

Happy birthday ....

Ghozky:

Niggarrr, u don high dis early momo
Ogbeni i don high

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Silversurfer007: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2021
If you were alive this will be a great moment to say Happy birthday to you sir
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by kgr8mike(m): 10:05am On Mar 22, 2021
Please dear tell your father that we have seen

'There was country
' where 'The Arror of God' [/b]is '[b]No Longer At Ease' And 'Things Fall Apart'.

We have witnessed that country and seen what he saw.

Extend our birthday regards to him, for he indeed lived.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by franchasng: 10:06am On Mar 22, 2021
Prof, I can't forget "Chike and The River" and "The Man of The People" wink

9 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by osuofia2(m): 10:06am On Mar 22, 2021
One of the greatest Literary Icon of our Times.
Things fall apart will always be a memory i will never forget. God rest your Soul

5 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by vincentjk(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by TBadd(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Lol, let the dead rest biko
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by GeneralPula: 10:07am On Mar 22, 2021
One dummy up there said..

Winning Nobel prize doesn't make one the Jagaban of African Literature

Nah word dem wan hear...but make we just leave them to their gullibility..

6 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2021
cry
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Asgard13: 10:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Iegendhero:

How’s Asiwaju preparations... grin

1 Like

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Blackfriday: 10:08am On Mar 22, 2021
The greatest....

Rest well.

1 Like

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by WOBlog: 10:08am On Mar 22, 2021
eyah
Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by Marotzke(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:
It's been long.

You know that you are lying.

When Achebe made that satirical statement,
Alhaji Alhassan Jikantoro, The Emir of Borgu have not awarded the title "Jagaban ( The Lion) of Borgu" to Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Tinubu popularized the title Jagaban.
Chinualumogu Achebe's statement came fifteen years before Bola Tinubu popularized the title.

Before then, the popular Yoruba title known to non Yoruba is "Asiwaju".

Achebe's satirical statement read, " that winning the Nobel prize does not make one the " Asiwaju" of African literature."

Whereas, Soyinka theatrically fired back; " I don't want to be " Asiwaju", I want to be the "Ogbuefi" of African literature.

You can see that back then, the two literature Giants were having fun engaging in literal bricksmanship.

During the Eagle on the Iroko celebration of the 60th celebration of Achebe's birthday in 1993,
Soyinka in a scholarly manner sent the biggest Ram ever seen at Nsukka campus for the celebrations.
How people like you , will twist scholarly banters, exhibits either crass ignorance or mischievous duplicity.

22 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2021
Chinua Achebe.

The man who introduced me to the beautiful Ibo culture.

Some similarities with mine with the ogbanje/abiku children

3 Likes

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by YangaBabe: 10:10am On Mar 22, 2021
wow, how time flies, so Achebe is already 8 years in death? hmmm im really old o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by OluwaseunObama: 10:11am On Mar 22, 2021
Legend
Rest on

1 Like

Re: Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) by MufasaLion: 10:11am On Mar 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:
It's been long.

[b]Winning Nobel prize doesn't make one the Jagaban of African Literature.....

Continue Resting in the bosom of our Lord.[/b]

Some of his quotes

"While we do our good works let us not forget that the real solution lies in a world in which charity will have become unnecessary."

That subtle shade aint necessary

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diary Of A Stingy Sex Addict / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert / A Critical Background Of Lonely Days By Bayo Adebowale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.