Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,982 members, 7,859,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 01:57 PM

Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States (837 Views)

6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. / Senate Seeks Revival Of Almajiri Schools Built By Former President Jonathan / Investigate Feeding Cost Of My Family From 2011 To 2019 - Rochas To Ihedioha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by VEXT: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
As part of his contributions to address the problems associated with Almajiri system of education in northern Nigeria, Rochas Okorocha through his foundation, Rochas Foundation, has disclosed plans to build modern Almajiri schools (Tsangaya) in six northern states.

The foundation’s Chief of Staff and former deputy governor of Bauchi State, Abdulmalik Mahmud, made the disclosure Monday while receiving the leader of Tijjaniya Islamic sect in Africa, Sheikh Ahmad Mahi-Nyass, who visited Rochas Foundation College, Bauchi.

Mr Mahmud said the selected states include Bauchi, Kano, Katsina, Yobe, Borno and Zamfara, adding that the schools would combine both Qur’anic and western education.

According to him, insecurity has linkage with illiteracy, calling for all hands to be on deck to address the menace.

Also speaking, the principal of the foundation college, Sarah Johnson, explained that the school was established with the purpose of educating children of the poorest parents in the state.

According to her, the school enrolls the less privileged children free of charge, adding that the foundation provides uniforms, bags and instructional materials freely to the pupils.

Mrs Sarah said the college was established in the state in 2017 with 150 pupils, noting that the number of the children have now increased to 461.

She said: “So far, over 4,000 graduated from Rochas Foundation colleges nationwide and some of them have become doctors, lawyers, etc. now.”

Earlier in his remarks, Mr Mahi-Nyass hailed Senator Rochas Okorocha for building such a school in the state for the benefit of Muslims children, despite him being a Christian.

He also appreciated the foundation for the idea to construct modern schools for the Almajiris, tasking other wealthy people to emulate Mr Rochas.

https://dailynigerian.com/rochas-build-modern-almajiri/

Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Arrewa come and show us some Kano pichures o

I don't want to believe the people in that pic are northern children using slates
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
Rochas Okorocha... Isn't that the former governor of Enugu state?

I am... flummoxed!
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by hammerDK: 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2021
THEY HATE NNAMDI KANU, BECOS HE REMINDS THEM OF HOW FOOLISH THET ARE.

HOW MANY NORTHERNERS HAVE INVESTMENT IN SE OR DID CHARITY WORK THERE?

HOW MANY?

3 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
They deserted the ones GEJ built for them but Okoroawusa as an efulefu want to fetch water with a basket... May it hold water for him
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by dynicks(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2021
Untop this man matter, make I no just talk wetin dey my mind..!!

Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Vickym1(f): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2021
Favour buyers all in the name of contesting for presidency
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by GuyWise101(m): 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Ndi oka nma na ama politicians full Southern Nigeria mehn.

When has a Northern politician built or promised to build something in the South?

Fu!ck all these South politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by harmargedon: 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
Asshole

Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Cleanworld(f): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
2023 Presidential ambition on going project... and only citizens of cowtocurrency can vote.
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Arrewa: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mikecold:
Arrewa come and some us Kano pichures o

I don't want to believe the people in that pic are northern children using slates
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Kebbiprince: 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
FrLukas:
Rochas Okorocha... Isn't that the former governor of Enugu state?

I am... flummoxed!
U go still count yourself as person wey go school abi? Former gov of Enugu state indeed
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kebbiprince:

U go still count yourself as person wey go school abi? Former gov of Enugu state indeed

Kebbi prince or Kebbi slave, whatever you call yourself, I'm sure the qualifications I hold, none in your family can aspire to it in a million years.
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Kebbiprince: 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
FrLukas:

Kebbi prince or Kebbi slave, whatever you call yourself, I'm sure the qualifications I hold, none in your family can aspire to it in a million years.
Empty vessel makes the loudest noise. A qualification that makes u Ignorant of a former state gov. That's a negative qualification and none of my family members is such empty to hold a negative qualification like u grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
[s]
Kebbiprince:

Empty vessel makes the loudest noise. A qualification that makes u Ignorant of a former state gov. That's a negative qualification and none of my family members is such empty to hold a negative qualification like u grin grin grin cheesy grin
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Rivers APC Crisis: Call Amaechi To Order Or Risk Repeat Of 2019 – Abe Cautions P / Kanu If You Are A Man Enter The Country..... / Buhari In London Not Saudi Arabia, Presidency Spreading Propaganda – Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.