Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? (27827 Views)

See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. / Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
Ur 100 & 200 is useless.
From 300 is when you start the real pharm school.

But keep up your performance, and go start training on how to write theory exams.be prepared for 6 hours practical classes, just know it changes from 200 but the journey begins from 300 till 500.

Yeah, I have been there.

University of Ibadan.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by swoter99: 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
Is a lie, continue in that pace.Your final year is cumulative of all your GPs from yr1 to yr 5 .But your degree will not bear any GP oo is just unclassified.But they will need your GP to know the best graduating students,for giving of awards ,cash gifts and probably employing you as a lecturer.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by PharmSam(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
It may not count in some Pharmacy schools, but that doesn't make it useless. It is a clear indication that you are good and you will make excellent grades if you keep this tempo in the rest of your studies. This will attract both local and foreign scholarships.
My candid advise is....never allow a fellow human decide on your potentials. You are far intelligent than that person saying your result is useless. Be mindful of frenemies.

DM me for more information on Pharmacy school.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Nolygentle: 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2021
In pharmacy school, your Gp in year 1 doesn't count it has 0% of ur CGP. In other words ur GP start counting from 200l.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Worksunlimited: 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:

That's my 100L CGPA, I just got into 200L, I haven't started 200L I'm just here to clarify if my 100L CGPA counts in pharmacy?

No mind that your friend.. Till hear that talk out of your HOD, don't believe anything your friends says...
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Jamesmarketing(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
Your cgpa is not a waste bcoz u can use it to get lot of scholarship. So keep working hard and continue to maintain high grades.
McJane:
Holla amigos!

I'm Jane, a 200L pharmacy student. I just finished my 100L second semester exams last month and all our results are out! (yeah, my school's that fast grin)
Good news is that the list of those who crossed over to pharmacy school is out and guess whose name is there? Yeaaaaa it's ur girl, wink
Now I'm currently wrapped up in confusion because a colleague of mine just told me that My CGPA is useless angry I'm like howww? And she told me that it doesn't start counting from 100L, but from 200L
Now I'm in severe pain because my CGPA of 4.905 is about to go down the drain, all my sleepless night? angry

So out of curiosity I brought it to my elders on Nairaland to confirm the authenticity of this?

Also I want to clarify from med students, what's the criteria for graduating with a distinction in B.pharm?

1 Like

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by vince96w2(m): 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
As a pharmacy graduate of many years,I can tell you our degree is unclassified.. you could calculate but pharmacist , don't use that stuff..just work hard and get good grades..And be sure that pharmacy school is nothing like first year..It's hard but once you do the right thing u will do well
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by ProJectAnatot(m): 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:

Wait ooo so having 4.5 above in ur finals does get u a distinction in B.pharm ?

If you meant doesn't, then no! It does! But you can have distinction at any level not necessarily in ur finals! I'm not in pharmacy though!
But if I were you, I would not let anything discourage me from getting the best result I can! If you have the brain, the energy, the ability and health then use them! Not everyone has that opportunity you know!!
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Bukkiminat(f): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:
Holla amigos!

I'm Jane, a 200L pharmacy student. I just finished my 100L second semester exams last month and all our results are out! (yeah, my school's that fast grin)
Good news is that the list of those who crossed over to pharmacy school is out and guess whose name is there? Yeaaaaa it's ur girl, wink
Now I'm currently wrapped up in confusion because a colleague of mine just told me that My CGPA is useless angry I'm like howww? And she told me that it doesn't start counting from 100L, but from 200L
Now I'm in severe pain because my CGPA of 4.905 is about to go down the drain, all my sleepless night? angry

So out of curiosity I brought it to my elders on Nairaland to confirm the authenticity of this?

Also I want to clarify from med students, what's the criteria for graduating with a distinction in B.pharm?

Babe, it isn't useless o. Graduating with a strong CGPA will help you with your post graduate studies.

Meanwhile in UI Pharmacy where I finished from, distinction starts counting from 300L. But that shouldn't stop you from bagging First Class. It is essential, you will come to know this as time goes on.

Best of luck.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by donbenie(m): 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2021
Catfishing:
I can't believe a Pharm student is asking this kind of que undecided

Op is a f*cking bitch seeking attention. Op inflated her cgpa, no way a dunce will score so high.....she shouldn't be taking serious.

Give her a break man..

She's a young one and it is not a crime to be naive and ignorant..
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Futuremom: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
What!! grin do you know the op?
Kellie069:
I swear you no even gain admission ! Talkless of 4.9cgpa!!! Don’t angry me fa
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by ofiko123(m): 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
It is not useless at all... just keep your head high and walk add also...
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by adioolayi(m): 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
suzzyboss:
It is still GPA , it's when you get to 200l that it becomes CGPA the C there means cumulative , your school didn't give you guys the proper orientation or maybe you chose not to go. So you grade in 100 level can affect your grade in 400 level
Well your GPA is very is just like your foundation , and it's good don't mind that your colleague

You also need some reorientation....1st Semester 100L is a GPA....once you add another Semester, it becomes Cumulative....so, at the end of Second semester, there will be GPA for second semester 100L and CGPA a cumulative of the two (1st and 2nd) 100L semesters
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Siberia01(m): 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2021
wtf who cares about cgpa in the 21st century...
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by OhiOfIhima: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
Randy100:
I won't say your Cgpa is useless, I can only tell you that in pharmacy school, the result is unclassified except school like unibadan that still make use of Cgpa for pharmacy. My advice to you is to continue studying hard, pharmacy is not going to be easy. I wish you well and hope you will join us in the Noble profession of druggist.

My aspiring course but now, biochemistry in polytechnic... I do hope I can achieve my dream someday.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Kaypeeboss(m): 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:
Please I know NL is home to the maddest trolls in nigeria grin and I don't have thick skin yet, so please go easy on me, because I fit cry oo.
Your CGPA for ever is going to be useless, because una no dae use am,only useful if you are BGS or maybe you are retained as a lecturer, pharmacy is not graded like engineering or the rest,my dear I ll advise you focus on the practical aspect of your course,in between semesters try attaching yourself to a pharmacy,Nur be patent medicine store ooo,so you can learn from senior colleagues, also I ll advise you also start saving from now on so you can open your own pharmacy after school,na community pharmacy money dae op,even myself as an engineer when I don't have any job on site,I volunteer to assist my sister and the husband at their pharmacy,where I make my own extra cash in their presence, especially with guys coming for aphrodisiacs and girls coming for postinor 2 � shae you get, plenty money there ooo, because hospital pharmacy hard to get, recently Delta State employed forty pharmacists,they were called on phone,no name was published....as you are doing that one too, make sure you allow school to pass through you,too and always remember that no course is difficult,it is what you make of it.Enjoy your stay in school, much love!

2 Likes

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by tinnyailes(m): 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
danilmo:

Ur topic says Medical student.

Meanwhile I don't know much for pharmacy dept, but in medicine ur year 1 cgpa will go away with year 1.. From Year 2 till u graduate u only need to get 50%, we don't do first class , just BGS(best graduating Student)..

Year 1 CGPA will only give u an edge wen u apply for scholarships though..

Shallom, beside ure beautiful.
wow so that’s how medical school is

1 Like

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by SmallmebigGod: 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
McJane:

LOL I don't have the mindset of making money or getting a job with my CGPA.
It's just for my bragging rights yunno?
But that CGPA is not strange in 100L Med Students, I am sure many of your course mate got something close. Even me that was not so serious i got above 4.5, the serious ones got all sort. Guess what? we all ate breakfast smiley
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by docayo: 12:38am On Mar 24, 2021
Hello Jane,
Let me start by congratulating you on your outstanding 100L results. I am a doctor. I do not know what exactly happens in pharmacy, but in medicine and surgery, you do physics, chemistry, biology and some other elective courses in first year. At the end of first year, your cgpa is calculated. All you need to do is pass all the courses to advance to second year.
From second year, your cgpa of first year will not be taken into account because your subsequent courses will be graded as either FAIL, PASS OR DISTINCTION. CGPA IS NOT USED SUBSEQUENTLY. I guess this is what your colleague was trying to explain to you.

However, the above is for medicine and surgery. I am not sure if it applies to Pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by caracas: 1:32am On Mar 24, 2021
Andercruz:
Listen dear, You made an exceptional grade point so far... Thumbs up.
Your colleague is not well informed at all. His info is under the pillow. Cumulative GPA is the final result after the two semesters of each year. Every semester counts, session counts, therefore, I urge to burn more candles.
For further clarity you can talk to your departmental academic adviser or exam officer over ur confusion.
More elbow grease, and God bless you.
Oga don’t talk ignorantly. In most schools it doesn’t count, for medicine n pharmacy students . Their degrees are usually unclassified
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by prettyirene: 6:37am On Mar 24, 2021
Darling your GPA isn't useless oh.thats the same mistake I made. You need to have 2.1 as your final grade. For you to do your Masters abroad. Don't let anyone decisive you. Except you are not thinking of traveling out.
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by Thelucifer666(m): 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
McJane:

Come and marry me na, you seem like a wonderful husband material
Do you like anal?
Re: Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? by ProJectAnatot(m): 7:07am On Jun 19, 2021
McJane:

Wait ooo so having 4.5 above in ur finals does get u a distinction in B.pharm ?
Clarification
I don't exactly know the grade. But I think it should be 70 for a distinction in pharmacy and it should be per course and not a combination with other courses. I.e. the distinction is awarded per course.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? / Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street / OAU 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.