Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts (28918 Views)

Seriake Dickson Commissions Bayelsa State International Airport / SURPRISE! Ihedioha Appoints Non-indigene As Imo SSG, Seriake Dickson Reacts / Seriake Dickson In His Farm With Faze, MC Okpeke, Ekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Kwanza: 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2021
Drama As Dickson Tackles Senator Who Described Bayelsa As A Small State

There was a mild drama at the Senate, on Tuesday, when Senator Aishatu Ahmed Dahiru Binani (Adamawa Central) referred to Bayelsa as one of the smallest states in Nigeria.

Senator Binani, while advancing argument in support of her bill to establish Federal Medical Centre in Mubi, Adamawa, said the town has a total land mass of 506.4km2 and population of 759,045.

“This together with the population of Mubi North makes it 2,089,540 people (very much higher than Bayelsa State’s eight Local Government Areas, with a population of 1,704,515).

“Nonetheless, this historic town has suffered from government neglect in terms of federal presence especially in the area of tertiary healthcare delivery,” she said.

But her submission did not go down well with Senator Seriake Dickson (PDP, Bayelsa), who argued that the size of Bayelsa — the physical land mass and the water bodies — is three times bigger than some states in the country.

He said Binani could make her case without reference to Bayelsa.

Dickson said, “In my Senatorial Senatorial district, it will take me four days to go round. In my local government, Sagbama, it will take me three days to go round.

“I just felt I should rise up to enlighten the sponsor of this bill and by so doing the rest of the country.

“When people talk about population, they should be careful, because if you go deep and ask who conducted the census, who verified, what and what are counted, who are the residence and how justifiable.”

Lawan cautioned Dickson

Senate President Ahmad Lawan interjected and cautioned Dickson against inputting improper motives to the debate.

“Apparently, I have to guide this contribution because you have made your point and, giving our standing orders, we shouldn’t impute improper motives on the submission by our colleagues.

“The discussion is not on the population of Bayelsa or population censors conducted before, we should rather concentrate on the main focus, which is on the establishment of federal medical centre.

“I agree that there are many questions people will like to raise, but I think the essence of this debate is to focus on the general principles and the merits of the bill,” Lawan said.

But Dickson reiterated his point that “debates and the submissions in this hallowed chamber must be based on justifiable fact, arguing that Binani referred to population figures which were not verifiable.

“I was only rising up to enlighten, without prejudice to the merits or demerits of the bill, that the premise that she has put forward as a reason or one of the reasons why this bill should be considered is faulty. That should be expunged, it should not form part of it. That is not factual, it is incorrect,” Dickson said.

Again, Lawan cautioned Dickson against reducing the debate to reaction to comments.

“I’m sure that is the way you rounded off and let me also say that when you have an opportunity like this, what you do is, if you feel and convince that there is an erroneous presentation, you simply bring out the fact, that this is wrong and this is correct.

“We don’t have to come down and reduce the debate to reaction. You were in the House of Representatives before you became a governor, I’m very sure you are very conversant with our process here. We don’t input improper motives to debates or contributions or interventions by our colleagues,” Lawan told Dickson.

The bill was passed for second reading after a voice vote.

https://dailytrust.com/drama-as-dickson-tackles-senator-who-described-bayelsa-as-a-small-state

13 Likes

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Typicool8(m): 4:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
It's not the fault of the stupid senator
I blame bayelsa people for allowing govt to use their oil money to develop the North

159 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by slawormiir: 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

Why not use that choked and small overrated dumb fuckkk slum called lagos.....

Lagos that is not even up to half of Esanland in Edo state

If na me be Dickson....I for wooze am slap...
If nor be say Nigeria na zee world...extra ordinary everyday......this woman never reach to sit down for that chamber...
Person way supposed dey za oza room dey shout....my husband....please help me....don't stop....

90 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by NwaNimo1(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
A small state............feeding una up north!

[img]https://media1./images/97f3435bf8934e3e8c9c5bcf2f0ab47f/tenor.gif?itemid=20722134[/img]

Ungrateful bastarrrds....

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by TitanzStudio(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
pple above me , whona b boss ooh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by VictoriaNkechi(f): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
ok
Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by bestman09(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Dickson should have given the woman a backhand. We all know how census were conducted in this country. How dare her?

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
grin
Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Divine202: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hollywood central
Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by nsiba: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Meet your ur President come 2023

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by sotall(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
undecided
Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by heckymaicon(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Nonsense

Nigeria politicians are useless. All of them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by GreaterFuture3: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Okay. Their tackling

Do you have Cut Metal/Iron Scraps for sale?
Please Hit me up, I want to buy as many as 5000 Metric Tonnes. Serious Persons, good sensible prices Please, Thank you
Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by fastseo: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
What audacity.

That's how u shortchanged the south with your population which is unfair. bayelsa has been marginalise despite them bringing more to the table than 10 states combine together

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by IamFINESSE: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by crossfm: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Just behaving like his name(Dickson),only the wise know how restless that tool can be.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by BigSarah(f): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
cheesy he almost questioned the reality of the north’s acclaimed population

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Movieguru(m): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hahahahahaha....
Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
But bayelsa is a small state

13 Likes

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Zetty177x: 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
After using Bayelsa

1 Like

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by emmadejust(m): 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
What is affecting the censorship of this nation again since last time they did the fraudulent ones which favor one part of nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by illicit(m): 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
But it's a small state....

1 Like

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by kalu61(m): 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
BigSarah:
cheesy he almost questioned the reality of the north’s acclaimed population
Oil de your head

How l my supposed to believe that the Federal Government has failed to carry out National census for over 15 years and the census commission is still running.

And FG uses fake population template for planning.

30 Likes

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
Did she also mention how the so called small state is the one footing her senate wages together with monthly allocation for the entire Adamawa state.

I wonder why northerners don't have shame, they are the ones that suppose to be thanking Bayelsa for funding their barren Terrorists enclave yet the peanut Bayelsa gets is what they also want

I am not surprised her co- parasite from Yobe is holding brief for her instead of acting like a supposed senate President

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by Kebbiprince: 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
Juliusmalema:
But bayelsa is a small state
Still far bigger than erosion land of Anambra cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
Kwanza:
Drama As Dickson Tackles Senator Who Described Bayelsa As A Small State

https://dailytrust.com/drama-as-dickson-tackles-senator-who-described-bayelsa-as-a-small-state

I never believe any government or government parastatal released stats or census. They are all horribly manipulated for political purposes. I'm not talking about 15 or 20% manipulation here and there. I'm talking about barefaced gross manipulation of figures. And some fools will be using such stats to boast or mock. SMH

8 Likes

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by greymiles: 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
Typicool8:
It's not the fault of the stupid senator
I blame bayelsa people for allowing govt to use their oil money to develop the North
Is it only Bayelsa oil money, it’s the whole biafran oil including imo and Abia

2 Likes

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by AnonymousCEO(m): 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
That aboki from the north should not compare their desert with oil rich bayelsa.
Ungrateful bastards

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by InvestinOwerri(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
Na wao, this abo.ki woman decided to insult them on top their oil money grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts by BlesE: 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
After every every them still pass the Bill for second reading. Northerners know what they're doing

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ashimolowo To Buhari: Looters Deserve Only 20% Of Your Time / Burial Photos Of Danbaba Suntai, Ex Governor Of Taraba State / PDP Ticket: Groups Threaten N2b Lawsuit Against Imansuagbon If He Steps Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.