Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies (17420 Views)

Identities Of Soldiers Killed By ISWAP Terrorists In The Askira/Uba ambush / FG Awards 57 Marginal Oilfields To 161 Bidders / Enugu Govt Awards Contracts For Projects Worth Over N3.2 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Nemere2020: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2021
Nigerian Government Awards 57 Oilfields to 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies

The Nigerian government has announced the conclusion of the bid round for the award of 57 marginal oilfields, won by 161 of the bidding companies.

The 161 successful bidders emerged from a pool of over 600 indigenous oil companies that jostled for the 57 marginal fields in the process that commenced in June 2020.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, stated this on Tuesday in Lagos on the sidelines of the 2021 first quarter ministerial meeting of the chief executives of agencies under the Ministry of Petroleum Resources that letters informing the winners of the outcome had gone out.

He, however, did not disclose the identities of the winners of the bid. He stated that the Nigerian government had received almost 50 per cent of the signature bonuses.

“The process has been concluded. Letters have gone out and people have started paying their signature bonuses. We have received almost 50 per cent of signature bonuses already.

“One hundred and sixty-one companies were allocated marginal fields and I will not give you the details of how many have paid. I’ve told you that up to 50 per cent of those winners have paid,” Sylva said.

He described the bidding process as the best in terms of transparency and that assessment of bidders was done by competent consultants.

“I think this is the best we could have gotten clearly. If you followed the processes, we published, people applied, companies were pre-qualified, and companies went to the data room and of course, assessment of their bids was done by competent people.

“There were consultants involved in the whole process and bidders emerged, and that’s all I can say. It was a very transparent process and I think a lot of people are also hailing the process,” he added.

Speaking on some marketers selling petrol above the approved price of N162 per litre, the minister described that as unfortunate and wondered what the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) was doing about it.

He said: “That’s unfortunate, we hear that. I should be asking what the DPR is doing about it. Definitely, there is no fuel (price) increment, I’ve announced that. The price remains N162 per litre.”

He said the government was still in discussion with labour and other stakeholders, adding that until all the discussions were concluded, the government would not fully deregulate.

Sylva charged agencies to ensure that deviant marketers were sanctioned.

On the performance of the ministry since his assumption of office, Sylva said the ministry, through its yearly assessment had achieved six of the nine mandate areas.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/24/nigerian-government-awards-57-oilfields-161-bidders-hides-identities-companies

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Submitting
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Beremx(f): 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
They should hide the identities. We go know them soon las las.

Ndi ara!!

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by NwaNimo1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
I wonder to who?

[img]https://media./images/e9cd2d3aebf64c3604ccaa127dddd7dc/tenor.gif[/img]

Niger Deltans?
Fulani?
Dangote & co?
The Tinubu's?
Niger?

[img]https://media./images/a7f2292921c4826185460ae2bcb21839/tenor.gif[/img]

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Racoon(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
Criminals bleeding this nation.Frank lying and half truth are now policies of government under the so called regime of change.Same way Lai Mohammed told a whole nation that they are not entitled to know the cost incurred on the nation in the course of treating president Buhari in the UK even lying that he was using Nigerian-made PCM.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Xscape047: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Open government is long death

Foi ma ax

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by auduadeniyi(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
National Cake
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by pointstores(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Nawa
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Jaysleeves(m): 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Imagine what could have been the fate of the Niger deltans without crude Oil.... A government fighting corruption without transparency and equity... Again nothing wrong in the process but why hid there names....hmmm one Nigeria ��.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Cryomancer: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
According to the ZoneBees......

This is a typical example of a transparent government.

Nothing is more transparent than this APC administration..... abi no be so?

43 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by HigherEd: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
How the ss continue to allow the thievery of their region beats me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by BitcoinNigeria: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Criminals He is talking of transparency and at the same time is hiding the amount the bidders have paid, telling us clearly that he will not mention the winners of these oilfields, what an irony, what a country, how can transparency and seccrecy be in the same sentence?

This country is gone

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by MuchAdo: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
There is nothing hidden under heaven
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by nsiba: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
OCCULTISM in governance will never be tolerated in my administration.

You see the government of nepotism President Buhari has instituted in Nigeria, but don't worry we will make sure all their plans and intentions are cut off.

This government is one of Hypocrisy cowardice and evil

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by brainpulse: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
OK
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by TheSTreetman: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Useless government. Hiding their names because they're fulani l..

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by danielblessing(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ojoro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by ScamHunter: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Of course it goes to the usual people. Monkey dey work Baboon dey soak in blood while Baboon killers swim in wealth. Na so life be

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Esanboy111(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Niger-Deltans , shine your eyes

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by McLizbae: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Corruption Republic.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by ShaqFu: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
I'm sure those who will complain about this are the ones who won't benefit or have anything to gain. grin
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Dukeolumidemans(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Then what happened to transparency? Abi no democracy we dey again? Oh I forgot, who am I kidding self... grin grin grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by bigfish3k: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
HigherEd:
How the ss continue to allow the thievery of their region beats me.
They are warming up on how to start blaming igbos once their oil is depleted or loose value to electric cars.

They will twist the narratives to their children on how to blame igbos.

But I am happy that most of them are now seeing the light

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
NA TODAY?
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by maleb83497: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Okay
Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Seniorwriter(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Government of crude corruption how will they show transparency?
Can any positive development one can point to come out of these crop of clueless leaders?
Clueless & Wicked leaders.
For me my own Oil Block is the online space where there is no limit to what you can earn with as long as you have the Online Skill Sets!!!
$50 Daily from my P2P trades for a 3hrs daily job ain't bad for a BDM!!!
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by orisa37: 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
They're from NIGER REPUBLIC..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by Bondinus(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
Even in our very before, they do this, thinking we don't know. I know one day, it's gonna be hot for all these thives

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies by sonnie10: 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
Go and check, if you find one Niger Delta name there, I will deactivate my NL account. There is a word known as 'precedence' in English Language.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wali Hands Over To Amina Zakari Following Her Appointment By Pres. Buhari / Buhari Has Approved N10billion To Rebuild All Affected Nigerian Communities- VP / Kofoworola Bucknor: Tinubu Dividing Afenifere Over Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.