Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s (5786 Views)

Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) / Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s / Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by AfricaUnited: 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
They were probably curious about 2 things: his scary tribal marks and his overflowing gown grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by jrjfjfj: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Simplyleo: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
At least, the appearance indicates, to a very large extent where he comes from and which he is very much proud of. cheesy

Same cannot be said of some people who don't have history and wandering in search of history. Today, they are Jews, tommorow they are alakobas. undecided

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by NwaNimo1(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2021
The 'olodo' was at school with them....

[img]https://media./images/da0c24da46880f3c626c67f353ee68be/tenor.gif[/img]

I think the kids were telling him his book was upside down!

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Rugaria: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
Simplyleo:
At least, the appearance indicates, to a very large extent where he comes from and which he is very much proud of.

Same cannot be said of some people who don't have history and wandering in search of history. Today, they are Jews, tommorow they are alakobas.

... While you're an ijiot everyday....

23 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by vibre: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
I for wipe them three better slap. Is that how they look at elders in their village? That one even put his dirty leg on top of the man's Agbada angry
And who is that other Yoruba guy peeping sheepishly from behind? Why is he embarrassing his generation like that?

5 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by toplinetrtrend: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
AfricaUnited:
They were probably curious about 2 things: his scary tribal marks and his overflowing gown grin grin grin grin

The looks on their faces do not indicate that they are scared. It indicates that they ador him.

You seem to have problem with the use of your brain.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Tolexander: 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2021
AfricaUnited:
They were happy seeing a man being proud of his race and culture. Not a lost tribe

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Anigreat: 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2021
shocked

You created this thread to ridicule and make jest of that man, and that's height of irrationality. Even though i am not a Yoruba, but permit me to say that you're sick.

You're one of those many lots that looked down on their culture and other good African cultures as you've allowed yourself to be brainwashed by the white as our culture is inferior and theirs is superior to ours.

Be proud of who you are!

I am proud of that man.

It's good to be an African
It's good to be black.

19 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by BigSarah(f): 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

The looks on their faces do not indicate that they are scared. It indicates that they ador him.

The first child looks scared, and the rest are bearing nervous smiles checkout the last child
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Christistruth00: 7:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
AfricaUnited:

The Photagrapher did the Art of Photography Justice

Such a Wonderful Snapshot

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by tishbite41(m): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
vibre:
I for wipe them three better slap. Is that how they look at elders in their village? That one even put his dirty leg on top of the man's Agbada angry
And who is that other Yoruba guy peeping sheepishly from behind? Why is he embarrassing his generation like that?
lol. I no see am sef. Na when I read your post I go check am.

2 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by ablejesus26(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
grin

ngwa sit back grab your pop corn and watch how some urchins will turn dis thread into their usual lazy/hungry man Yoruba vs Igbo gbas gbos ���

5 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by NyamiriFlathead: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
Far better than the descendants of ape that always deny their tribe.
God bless yoruba nation

9 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by AfricaUnited: 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

Take a look at the face of the child closest to the man. What do you see? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by AfricaUnited: 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2021
BigSarah:

The first child looks scared, and the rest are bearing nervous smiles checkout the last child

Correct
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by toplinetrtrend: 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
AfricaUnited:

Take a look at the face of the child closet to the man. What do you see? shocked shocked shocked

I see adoration.

Take the scale of tribalism from your eyes and you will see better

5 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by toplinetrtrend: 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2021
BigSarah:

It's obvious your eyes are the one getting nervous about your decision to sucumb your senses to the debilitating impact of tribalism.

Wake up from it and you will see better

4 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by IJOBA11: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
Tolexander:
They were happy seeing a man being proud of his race and culture. Not a lost tribe
INTIMATE MASTER grin NA ROMANCE SECTION WE DEY SEE YOU NOWADAYS. SHA NOR GO GIVE PERSON PIKIN BELE grin
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by AfricaUnited: 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

I see adoration.

You must be seeing double grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Saintmary(f): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
So much dignity surrounding that man.

Thanks for showing the greatness of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by scribble: 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
AfricaUnited:

See how they're looking like "uncle femi are you really going to teach us how to defraud your country?"
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
AfricaUnited:

Kids are very respectful at that age....and i mean both their age and the period the pic was taken!
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Goldeno(m): 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
vibre:
why you come dey vex now eh
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

I see adoration.

Take the scale of tribalism from your eyes and you will see better

I think ‘adoration’ is pushing things a bit! undecided

Let’s just settle for R-E-S-P-E-C-T (said in Arethas’ singing voice)!

1 Like

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by KosiGee(m): 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2021
AfricaUnited:

Wrong...

They thought he was an Paratrooper who landed in that field but got stuck in his parachute.
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Tolexander: 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
IJOBA11:
INTIMATE MASTER grin NA ROMANCE SECTION WE DEY SEE YOU NOWADAYS. SHA NOR GO GIVE PERSON PIKIN BELE grin
me in romance?

I can’t remember being in romance
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by SarkinYarki: 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
It's normal for kids to look at and visiting adult their parents respect like this
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by KosiGee(m): 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
vibre:

The little man didn’t put his leg on the agbada...the agbada migrated and didn’t observe social distancing.

1 Like

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by BigSarah(f): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

It's obvious your eyes are the one getting nervous about your decision to sucumb your senses to the debilitating impact of tribalism.

Wake up from it and you will see better

What does tribe have to do with my comment, well you win
Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by bahdpersona(m): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
NwaNimo1:
The 'olodo' was at school with them....

[img]https://media./images/da0c24da46880f3c626c67f353ee68be/tenor.gif[/img]

I think the kids were telling him his book was upside down!
what's your definition of 'olodo'... you might be the olodo here if you can't answer my question correctly

1 Like

Re: Oyibo Pikins Moping At A Yoruba Man In London In The 1950s by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
Benin idp camp dwellers embarrassing Africa since 17th century.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) / Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) / Senate Begins Probe Of N175B Malabu Oil Bloc Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.