Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,699 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan (4938 Views)

11 Things To Note About The Economic Sustainability Plan / Osinbajo Never Prayed For Buhari To Die In RCCG - Laolu Akande To Festus Adebayo / Right Of Reply To Pendulum Open Letter To The Vp By Laolu Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by TheRareGem1(f): 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
The Presidency, on Thursday, announced that with the release of about N288billion out of the N500 billion appropriated for COVID-19 intervention programmes under the Economic Sustainability Plan (ESP), at least 2.1 million jobs have been saved.

A statement issued by Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity Office of the Vice President, said the jobs include new ones created, while over 4000 kilometres of federal and rural roads are at least 30% completed since the commencement of the ESP.

The statement said Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who presided over Thursday’s meeting of the ESP at the presidential villa, Abuja, noted that considerable progress recorded.

He affirmed President Muhammadu Buhari’s resolve to look out for the Nigerian people, and urged members of the committee “to bear in mind that the vast majority of our people are not allowed to suffer.”

According to the statement, ministers and heads of agencies executing the ESP reported significant improvement in the implementation of the plan, as the Federal Government ramps up funding for projects across sectors to impact more Nigerians. Already more than 50% of the appropriated sum for the ESP has been released.

Under the Survival Fund scheme specifically, 1.3 million jobs have been saved, and another 774,000 jobs created from the Public Works Programme. This is apart from the total 26,021 jobs created from construction and rehabilitation works.

Other highlights include the release of 100 per cent (i.e. N5bn) appropriation for the COVID-19 Aviation intervention; 50 per cent funding (N26bn) for the Public Works scheme hiring 774,000 persons across the country, among others.

Commenting on the reports presented by ESC members at the meeting, Prof Osinbajo said: “I think that it will be fair to say that on account of the very good work that you all have done, we were able to get out of recession much faster than anyone would have imagined, although only marginally.”

Urging ministers and heads of agencies implementing key programmes of government not to rest on their oars, the Vice President noted that “it is important for us to continually bear in mind that we really have a duty to ensure that the vast majority of our people are not allowed to suffer. So, I feel we should be thinking more about the next thing that we need to do.”

In digital skills support for youth and women, anchored by the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Mr Clem Agba, reported that N1.5b which is 50 per cent of the amount appropriated for the scheme primarily targeted for job creation has been released to the ministry.

He added that priority programmes for the intervention are the training of 600 youths (100 from each of the 6 geo-political zones) on VSAT technologies who will also be supported with laptops and stipends.

The Minister noted that the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs has received N625 million (representing 50% of appropriated funds) to implement an empowerment scheme for women through capacity building in innovation and vocational training.

For the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports, the Minister said N2.6 billion representing 50 per cent appropriation was released for implementation of youth employability improvement scheme

The Minister also reported that the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development received N2.45 billion representing 7.5 per cent of N32.45 billion for cash transfer to the poor and vulnerable, while the balance of N30 billion is being processed.

In the works sector, the Minister of Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, said a total number of 4,350 direct jobs were recalled and 18,321 indirect jobs were created through the engagement of the contractors and suppliers handling different works across the country

https://tribuneonlineng.com/2-1-million-jobs-saved-under-economic-sustainability-plan-%e2%80%95-presidency/

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by TheRareGem1(f): 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
I'm Waiting for wailers to come and cry foul on this thread; roughly, the private sch teachers that benefited alone are almost a million not to talk of the private organisations so when you Marge the statics together, should be up to a million, and also the transport workers & artisans that benefited from the one off grant are not more than a million. Hence, the Presidency assertion is true.

There is room for improvement. Government should do more and ensure those who need the interventions get them, not hijacked by elites and politicians.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by SLAP44: 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
All liars are going to march into hell fire without need for judgement grin grin grin grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by TheRareGem1(f): 8:37pm On Mar 25, 2021
SLAP44:
Liars

You think this is PDP era who just lie without anywhere to fact check, the records of beneficiaries are there, visit the survival fund portal.
We are not in the era of PDP where they present 3D (design) as project launch and loot the monies, just like they did for second Niger Bridge, 16 years of looting

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by SLAP44: 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:

You think this is PDP era who just lie without anywhere to fact check, the records of beneficiaries are there, visit the survival fund portal.
We are not in the era of PDP where they present 3D (design) as project launch and loot the monies, just like they did for second Niger Bridge, 16 years of looting

yeah, PDP liars sold fuel for #87 while APC saints are selling fuel for #212 naira grin

By the time APC will fInish dealing with you people, you will be calling your enemy your papa grin grin grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by warripekin(m): 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
What kinda useless lie is this? 42.5 % of the eligible workforce are out of jobs and this is the misunary these people can come up with. The situation is bad and worrisome , solutions for way forward and job creation should be primary.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by maybanks: 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:
I'm Waiting for wailers to come and cry foul on this thread; roughly, the private sch teachers that benefited alone are almost a million not to talk of the private organisations so when you Marge the statics together, should be up to a million, and also the transport workers & artisans that benefited from the one off grant are not more than a million. Hence, the Presidency assertion is true.

There is room for improvement. Government should do more and ensure those who need the interventions get them, not hijacked by elites and politicians.

Wailing is like life support for those people, their Existence depends on it.
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by okefranci: 8:52pm On Mar 25, 2021
ESP is a goal, a lot of households, business owners and cooperate organization have benefited from the ECONOMIC SUITABILITY PLAN
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by okefranci: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
warripekin:
What kinda useless lie is this? 42.5 % of the eligible workforce are out of jobs and this is the misunary these people can come up with. The situation is bad and worrisome , solutions for way forward and job creation should be primary.
This is true and nothing like lie ,you may check it if you are doubting
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by November1857(m): 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Woman you ought to be in the kitchen doing kitchen stuff.
My wife belong to the kitchen - Buhari

https://punchng.com/wife-belongs-kitchen-buhari/?amp

7 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by TheRareGem1(f): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2021
SLAP44:

yeah, PDP liars sold fuel for #87 while APC saints are selling fuel for #212 naira grin

By the time APC will fInish dealing with you people, you will be calling your enemy your papa grin grin grin

And where did you hear FG saying fuel is 212? When FG already said there won't be any increment this month, they are tryingg to help Nigerians by subsiding fuel price at N52 naira there about and they will be paying about N100 billion by the end of march for subsidy. When they stop paying, Una go know am, especially when the international oil market keep crashing, let's know who you will blame then.
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by TheRareGem1(f): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
November1857:
Woman you ought to be in the kitchen doing kitchen stuff.
My wife belong to the kitchen - Buhari

https://punchng.com/wife-belongs-kitchen-buhari/?amp

I'm sure Kamala Harris, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Samia are all your mother's age mate, these are people on power, but your mother still belong to the kitchen. I won't say more than that
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by BigSarah(f): 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
Height of shamelessness

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by Resurrection212: 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
I haven't benefit anything from this government. Despite applying for many of their programs I don't even know if its real or not submitted various documents in a different occasion.

I will never defend what I'm not benefit from.

5 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by Thunder1010: 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
The ESP has been impactful, it creates new jobs, also saves some jobs.

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by SLAP44: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:

And where did you hear FG saying fuel is 212? When FG already said there won't be any increment this month, they are tryingg to help Nigerians by subsiding fuel price at N52 naira there about and they will be paying about N100 billion by the end of march for subsidy. When they stop paying, Una go know am, especially when the international oil market keep crashing, let's know who you will blame then.

So, subsidy is no longer scam? cheesy

Lie will kee some people ooo

11 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Useless thieves!

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by Sharmeenator(m): 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
The same Survival Fund I applied for? The same one that my application was marked successful yet no payment since last year November/December. I cringe when I see statistics like this.

4 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by Ykc2(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:

the same buhari who asked what is subsidy?

4 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by futuregovernor: 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:

I'm sure Kamala Harris, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Samia are all your mother's age mate, these are people on power, but your mother still belong to the kitchen. I won't say more than that
And were is your mother! Helping Okonjo Iwela to clean it wash her clothes or cooking okro soup for your unknown father. Get out

6 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by RuddyFusion(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
Wia?
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by buchilino(m): 9:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:

WHO EXTACTLY OCCUPY GOVERNMENT , ISN'T IT POLITICIANS.
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by Temptee101(m): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Didn't bother to read.

I already knew they were gonna lie as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by Joyce95: 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
So many beneficial have been testify of the good did of this administration

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by TheRareGem1(f): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Temptee101:
Didn't bother to read.

I already knew they were gonna lie as usual.

Tell that to a million of private schools, hoteliers and other private sector organisations who benefited and also the transport and artisans that benefited fr one off grant to help them save their work and cushion the defect if covid19.

Before you argue with the number, I hope you will not say we don't have a strong number in our private schools or employees in the private sector organisations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by TheRareGem1(f): 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
futuregovernor:
And were is your mother! Helping Okonjo Iwela to clean it wash her clothes or cooking okro soup for your unknown father. Get out

I don't have to throw banters with used product like you.
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by Jhayphil: 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
SLAP44:

You know nothing actually. Do you know how much they sold fuel per barrel then? Compare it to now. What did they use the money for? Look, where do you stay that you buy for 212?
Re: Laolu Akande: 2.1 Million Jobs Saved Under Economic Sustainability Plan by Jhayphil: 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
The ESP helped Nigeria out of recession by 0.11%. Click link below before arguing blindly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/how-buhari-osinbajo-teamwork-got-nigeria-out-of-recession/amp/

The ESP has helped Nigerians in this time and I can only imagine the impact once all the programs start in full swing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How ESN Commander, Ikonso Was Killed: IPOB / 2023: Anambra North Youths, Women Stage Solidarity Walk For Senator Oduah / Finnish Police Release Simon Ekpa Hours After Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.