Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others (19257 Views)

El-Rufai To Youths: Be Involved In Politics So You Can Have A Nation You Like / S-south Youths Groups To APC: “You Can’t Deceive Nigerians Again” / Development Of Idanre Hill As Tourist Centre Dear To Us - Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by adenigga(m): 3:15am On Mar 26, 2021
Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu has again declared that he would not support the agitation for Yoruba Nation by a group of people, saying those calling for such are not representatives of the Yorubas.

Akeredolu, who reacted to a statement credited to a group under the auspices of the Ilana Omo Oodua led by Prof Banji Akintoye, said the Yoruba people would not allow the “impostors” to lead any agitation on their behalf. He also said the people of the South-West would not be deceived by the plan of the secessionists.

Akintoye had earlier berated Akeredolu for rejecting the agitation for the creation of a Yoruba Nation. The group said Akeredolu spoke for himself, and not the people of Ondo State.

But in a statement issued by the Special Assistant to Akeredolu on Special Duties and Strategy, Doyin Odebowale, on Thursday, the governor declared that Akintoye was not a leader of Yorubaland and could not speak for the people.

The statement partly read in part, “Let it be reiterated again. There will be no agitation for secession in any part of Ondo State. Prof Akintoye should submit himself to the people if he is so desirous of representing them.

“it is presumptuous, denigrating and condescendingly spiteful for a group of hustlers, living largely in anonymity but struggling for relevance, to keep proclaiming and legislating on issues which affect the destiny of a whole people, without the faintest suggestion of paying even scant regard to their feelings or extending due courtesy to the real representatives of the people whose opinions they discount as unimportant.

” The people are discerning. They know the impostors. They have not forgotten the activities of the suborned agitators, the presumed penitent activists. The Ondo people, and indeed Yoruba are the easiest to lead but the most difficult to deceive. With them sophistry and demagoguery have their limits.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/yoruba-nation-you-cant-deceive-us-akeredolu-knocks-akintoye-others/%3famp

29 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Lifestone(m): 3:29am On Mar 26, 2021
Akeredolu is so on point here. I have said severally on this forum that these agitators can't impose themselves on us as Leaders of the Yorubas, we are too smart for that.
There are processes to follow if you want to lead a people out of a nation. I am not happy with Nigeria as we are presently organized but that won't make me ever submit to the leadership of an illiterate like Sunday Igboho. God forbid.
This so called Professor, I don't know him, for him to be my leader, he need to seek my consent.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Oluolad86(f): 3:31am On Mar 26, 2021
Please I need a cardiologist to treat me for free please cry cry cry cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by kayusely70(m): 3:36am On Mar 26, 2021
Most of the people are fed up with the present situation in the country

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:43am On Mar 26, 2021
it is presumptuous, denigrating and condescendingly spiteful for a group of hustlers, living largely in anonymity but struggling for relevance, to keep proclaiming and legislating on issues which affect the destiny of a whole people, without the faintest suggestion of paying even scant regard to their feelings or extending due courtesy to the real representatives of the people whose opinions they discount as unimportant.

” The people are discerning. They know the impostors. They have not forgotten the activities of the suborned agitators, the presumed penitent activists. The Ondo people, and indeed Yoruba are the easiest to lead but the most difficult to deceive. With them sophistry and demagoguery have their limits.”

Is it not time the DSS invites them to at least let them understand the implications of their actions on the peace and security of the SW especially as it relates to the way these insurrectionists were threatening even the Alaiyeluwas. I just don't get it how people will wake up and start declaring their own country in a sovereign nation on behalf of over 40m people with no consent of the people just because they have access to the social media!
Even at the height of the June 12 annulment Injustice, the Yoruba courageously faced the military and got their demands eventually.
How suddenly this current issue of farmer-herder crisis that is not even peculiar to the SW is being promoted by the insurrectionists should interest the DSS, CBN and others.

If not, these irresponsible actions will keep repeating itself. In one week alone, one who collected amnesty money and used it to build a university outside his geopolitical zone and outside Nigeria in Benin republic woke up on the wrong side of the bed and declared his own country and same week another one declared his own country in the SW!
Are there no laws or the national assembly so powerless that it can not look at laws it can make to stop these dysfunctional and treasonable actions politicians and their paid collaborators use every time a presidential election is approaching? Can't the Speaker and the Senate President see that they need to act and review these laws to stop these insurrection business?
Are there no laws or legitimate ways to bring charges against those online and media platforms who are actively being used to promote treason since they appear to be using these actions to make money and enabling these insurrectionists?visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by GoldHorse(m): 4:13am On Mar 26, 2021
Be there and be speaking plenty grammar useless governor. The least of the so-called impostors not to even mention Prof have more sense and are more discerning than you. Governor dey sweet you abi? Oniranu!

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:18am On Mar 26, 2021
You are a civil SERVANT,
Mumu man

30 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by bcomputer101: 4:33am On Mar 26, 2021
That Fulani slave called Akeredolu na basstard

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by LeeSantos(m): 4:34am On Mar 26, 2021
ordinary community meeting, Yorubas haven't Unite. they are talking about nation.

we all know from the start, when the began this oduduwa Republic that they weren't going far, but I never anticipated it going to be sooner.

fighting for what they want is not their thing, they can only be given out of pity, and freely. if not 1m years to come they won't get this independence

dem never know where e dey pain dem for head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by stonemasonn: 4:44am On Mar 26, 2021
Now that Yoruba traditional rulers and politicians are aligning towards Tinubu's presidential ambition let's see if he'll finally make it to Aso Rock.
I hope there's a plan B if things go south though.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by lonecatt(m): 5:50am On Mar 26, 2021
They are divided along party lines.
Those speaking against igboho are loyal to the APC government in power while others speaking for him are against.

If power changes today to the opposition those of them speaking against igboho will be singing song of disintegration while those in support of him today declaring oduduwa will be singing one Nigeria. It happened in Jonathan era with the likes of mbaka and some of the present freedom fighters.

This country is made up of funny people that are not ready to move forward. They should just allow us that has something doing for ourselves to concentrate with making our money because that is all that matters

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by adenigga(m): 5:51am On Mar 26, 2021
Lifestone:
Akeredolu is so on point here. I have said severally on this forum that these agitators can't impose themselves on us as Leaders of the Yorubas, we are too smart for that.
There are processes to follow if you want to lead a people out of a nation. I am not happy with Nigeria as we are presently organized but that won't make me ever submit to the leadership of an illiterate like Sunday Igboho. God forbid.
This so called Professor, I don't know him, for him to be my leader, he need to seek my consent.

You are.....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Racoon(m): 5:55am On Mar 26, 2021
No political leader anywhere benefitting from this false contraption of a failed union will support disintegration. However, Nigeria is already on that precipice whether we acknowledged it or not.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by AbijaJ: 5:56am On Mar 26, 2021
I am with Akeredolu on this. We are operating a representative democracy, therefore the only people that can claim true representation of their people/constituents are their elected officials.

That's why there are elections every 4-yrs for people to decide whether they want them to continue representing them or not. These are the only people the constitution (no matter how flawed) bestows with the power to act and speak on behalf of their constituents. Not even traditional rulers can claim such authority/powers.

In light of that, Professor Banji Akitoye, who represents a mere pressure group, can only claim to speak for those that elected him into his position, and not for the Yorubas at large. And even Akeredolu himself can only speak for the Ondo State citizens that elected him to lead them till his second term tenure expires. Prof. Akitoye should join a political party of his choice and run for elected political office if he wants the authority speak for his constituents.

In light of these facts, all secessionists should start their agitation from their localities, by pressurizing their elected representatives to do their bidding at the state and national assemblies. Or wait to elect new representatives that would share their secessionist views at the next election cycle.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by chatinent: 6:23am On Mar 26, 2021
Bird of a feather.

Online warriors.

Reality drinkers.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 26, 2021
Watch as Biafrans suddenly turn to Tunde and Kunle on this thread cheesy Yorubas are not barbarians, we don't follow an half-baked mentally deranged person around like flies. We are independent thinkers

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Cybercop2002: 8:10am On Mar 26, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
it is presumptuous, denigrating and condescendingly spiteful for a group of hustlers, living largely in anonymity but struggling for relevance, to keep proclaiming and legislating on issues which affect the destiny of a whole people, without the faintest suggestion of paying even scant regard to their feelings or extending due courtesy to the real representatives of the people whose opinions they discount as unimportant.

Is it not time the DSS invites them to at least let them understand the implications of their actions on the peace and security of the SW especially as it relates to the way these insurrectionists were threatening even the Alaiyeluwas. I just don't get it how people will wake up and start declaring their own country in a sovereign nation on behalf of over 40m people with no consent of the people just because they have access to the social media!
Even at the height of the June 12 annulment Injustice, the Yoruba courageously faced the military and got their demands eventually.
How suddenly this current issue of farmer-herder crisis that is not even peculiar to the SW is being promoted by the insurrectionists should interest the DSS, CBN and others.

If not, these irresponsible actions will keep repeating itself. In one week alone, one who collected amnesry money and used it to build a university outside his geopolitical zone and outside Nigeria in Benin republic woke up on the wrong side of the bed and declared his own country and same week another one declared his own country in the SW!
Are there no laws or the national assembly so powerless that it can not look at laws it can make to stop these dysfunctional and treasonable actions politicians and their paid collaborators use every time a presidential election is approaching? Can't the Speaker and the Senate President see that they need to act and review these laws to stop these insurrection business?
Are there no laws or legitimate ways to bring charges against those online and media platforms who are actively being used to promote treason since they appear to be using these actions to make money and enabling these insurrectionists?
so bad of u and i never expect you to think like fowl ,when the government do nothing to stop the hell of shit happening up and down the country what do u expect either blame the government without any change or find and alternative which is what we they are doing,to support one Nigeria the government need to do something act fast give us hope and cause that we will be ready to die fighting that is what make other country like Rwanda Botswana Namibia and even Tanzania better off us cause their government give them ,we have lost hope in naija so the government need to restore back our hope or else we will spoil this country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Olatomiwami(m): 8:30am On Mar 26, 2021
AbijaJ:
I am with Akeredolu on this. We are operating a representative democracy, therefore the only people that can claim true representation of their people/constituents are their elected officials.

That's why there are elections every 4-yrs for people to decide whether they want them to continue representing them or not. These are the only people the constitution (no matter how flawed) bestows with the power to act and speak on behalf of their constituents. Not even traditional rulers can claim such authority/powers.

In light of that, Professor Banji Akitoye, who represents a mere pressure group, can only claim to speak for those that elected him into his position, and not for the Yorubas at large. And even Akeredolu himself can only speak for the Ondo State citizens that elected him to lead them till his second term tenure expires. Prof. Akitoye should join a political party of his choice and run for elected political office if he wants the authority speak for his constituents.

In light of these facts, all secessionists should start their agitation from their localities, by pressurizing their elected representatives to do their bidding at the state and national assemblies. Or wait to elect new representatives that would share their secessionist views at the next election cycle.

How many of them were truely elected? They are rigged representatives not elected, that's where u get it wrong.

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by AntiChristian: 8:54am On Mar 26, 2021
Oduduwa Republic ko, Arewa Republic ni!

As Nigerians we can't use Hijab freely in Public schools.

What will happen when Oduduwa comes in to the Picture?
Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by sofeo(m): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2021
Ok.
Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by maak400: 8:54am On Mar 26, 2021
Don't expect a typical naija politician like akeredolu to support Yoruba nation agitation, he knows that the game will change and their means of stealing public funds will be hampered because many of them will lose their political office. Fulani bandits are taking over Yoruba land and this man is speaking grammar. Wether he likes it or not, this country will break up soonest and Yoruba nation will be established.

14 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Biyonce(f): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2021
We die here, no breakaway whatsoever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Xscape047: 8:54am On Mar 26, 2021
Family affairs
Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2021
Which us?

I did a DNA test, and found out I'm in a very small way partly Yoruba.

So you people should allow me to make input too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlH2PyoVJiI
Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Lamasta(m): 8:55am On Mar 26, 2021
But in a statement issued by the Special Assistant to Akeredolu on Special Duties and Strategy, Doyin Odebowale, on Thursday, the governor declared that Akintoye was not a leader of Yorubaland and could not speak for the people.

My governor should just focus and stop distracting himself...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by tigook: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2021
All these useless old men don't care about the future of Nigeria at all
Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by madukka(m): 8:55am On Mar 26, 2021
I remember days of OPC very bloody.
And now they can't even collectively agree on a common platform.
Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by Siwisheswereesh: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2021
Correct!

Even NL owner won't want Nigeria to disintegrate!! grin

We Yorubas have so much at stake here. Whether in or out of the the government, we are on top of the game. cool

Before independence, the Yoruba nation was embroiled in a protracted civil war. It took British/colonial intervention to bring it to an end.

After independence, Western region got enmeshed in crisis that led to the declaration of state of emergency by the central government.

All we ask for is a RESTRUCTURED NIGERIA

Only uninformed dullaarrdds believe there are no Yorubas outside SW. grin Where you have few Yorubas is the yeast because it is barren land. grin

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by brainpulse: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2021
We are not IPOB Okija Christian children of Hate that wants to enforce their destruction of Nigeria on everyone. Like the way they were roasted by the military yesterday so shall continue.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by chudoza: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2021
confusion and division in online country oduduwa, now what will happen if the actualized their fraudulent country see what's happening in kwara. Christians and Muslims already at war, odoua and biafra will be the worst country in the history of mankind if achieved cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by tammie24: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2021
Yoruba Nation is the way forward cos Nigeria isn't working

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation: You Can’t Deceive Us, Akeredolu Knocks Akintoye, Others by osuofia2(m): 8:57am On Mar 26, 2021
THE YOURUBAS NEED NIGERIA MORE THAN NIGERIA NEEDS THEM. BUNCH OF NOISE MAKERS. ALL THIS NOISE FOR 2023 PRESIDENCY

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MNJTF Neutralises Insurgents In Babangida, Yobe. Recovers Weapons / Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) / Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.