Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,700 members, 7,837,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest (1327 Views)

Fresh Deployment In North-east: Police Lobby For Exemption / OSUN ELECTION; No Going Back On Troops Deployment –jonathan / Troops Deployment: A Gross Betrayal – Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
Troops have been deployed massively
across Lagos ahead of tomorrow’s
presidential election, raising fears of
their possible use for untoward
purposes.
The military deployment started with a
large size of troops moving from
Badagry to the Ikeja Cantonment
yesterday.
Military trucks were sighted across the
state in a move that will also see some
of them moving to other parts of the
state, such as Eti Osa, Apapa, Epe and
Ifako-Ijaye. Some of the troops are
also to be deployed in Southwest
states of Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo and
Ekiti as well as Edo and Delta states.
Fears heightened last night that the
troops’ movement, which helped to
stabilise security during last week’s
National Assembly elections, might
have some sinister motives this time
around.
Tongues were wagging in political
circles last night that the troops might
be given the task to occupy collation
centres from wards, local
governments’ to the state, contrary to
their rule of engagement.
Chairman of the Independent National
Electoral Commission (INEC) Prof.
Attahiru Jega and the Chief of Army
Staff, Gen. Azubike Ihejirika, have said
that troops are not meant for the
polling units but to provide security in
the streets and to intervene only in
extreme cases of security breech
which is beyond the capability of
policemen.
Sources said highly-placed Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) members in
Lagos State, including Chief Bode
George, Finance Minister Olusegun
Aganga and Governorship candidate
Ade Dosunmu, have been meeting
with President Goodluck Jonathan’s
aides including Mr. Oronto Douglas, to
strategise on how to sweep Lagos
votes for the President in tomorrow’s
poll.
The PDP has also intensified its plan to
use cash to induce voters at the
polling centres, during the presidential
and governorship elections.
The plan is designed to ensure that the
opposition party wins at least six out
of the 40 House of Assembly seats to
make it impossible for the ACN to
control the two-thirds majority in the
House which will make it difficult for
Governor Babatunde Fashola to
operate seamlessly, after winning the
election.
There were also plans to create
disaffection within the ranks of the
ACN in Lagos in order to have a basis
to support whatever falsified results
that might be returned for Lagos after
the presidential election.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by efisher(m): 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2011
-
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2011
www.thenationonlineng.net/web3/mobile/news/33861.html
They only concentrate on southwest, why are they not sending these troops to the south east/south south. . . . Free and fair election my ko!
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by EzeUche(m): 10:39pm On Apr 15, 2011
Wild Wild West

Why not massive troop deployment in the NW and SS (Delta & Edo exception)?
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by ektbear: 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
F 'em
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by EzeUche(m): 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2011
^^^

Who?
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

Wild Wild West

Why not massive troop deployment in the NW and SS?
. . . Ofcourse they cant do that,  cos thats where they are planning to rig, like they did last week
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by efisher(m): 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2011
The conduct of the parliamentary elections has proven otherwise. It is clear that the news is just baseless propaganda. Let's look ahead to tomorrow.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Kilode1: 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

Wild Wild West

Why not massive troop deployment in the NW and SS (Delta & Edo exception)?

I have to join you to ask that question too, SW elections were claimed to be free

Buhari is a Northerner, so why SW? and Edo?
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by recoome(m): 10:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
efisher:

Read the story carefully and notice it is stale news.

The parliamentary elections are over and it is clear that the news was just baseless propaganda. Let's look ahead to tomorrow.
i think he's talking about the lagos state house of assembly.BTW,the SE & SS is going to be peacefull as they have already declared their support for a particular candidate, but the SW is still undecided and some pple may want to cause trouble in the SW. BTW,any thing 4rm "the nation" should be taken with a pinch of salt becos it is 'pro-ACN'.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
Quote from ANPP Chairman Ogbonnaya Onu:
He cited instances of Southeast and
Southsouth parts of the country where
incidents of monetary inducements
are very rampant. "We want you to
focus your attention to the 11 states of
the Southeast and Southsouth where it
appears that the new thinking does
not flow down well with them. "There
is a lag in their consciousness and it
disturbing because money is being
freely dished out to the people while
on the queue, which is against the law,
and quite often, these monies are
taken from the public funds.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by efisher(m): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

i think he's talking about the lagos state house of assembly.BTW,the SE & SS is going to be peacefull as they have already declared their support for a particular candidate, but the SW is still undecided and some pple may want to cause trouble in the SW. BTW,any thing 4rm "the nation" should be taken with a pinch of salt becos it is 'pro-ACN'.

Yeah, I noticed. Ive edited my post.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

. . . . Are u really serious about that ur sig?
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by recoome(m): 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2011
If the story is true, i pray that they are able to slow fashola down & refuse tinubu all those lavish contracts that he's been recieving!
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

If the story is true, i pray that they are able to slow fashola down & refuse tinubu all those lavish contracts that he's been recieving!
. . .hows dat any benefit to u. . . And again pls answer my questn, watsup wit ur sig?
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by ektbear: 11:12pm On Apr 15, 2011
I think next election, ACN needs to see if they can have UN peacekeepers supervise elections in the SW

Would greatly reduce the chance of PDP rigging
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by recoome(m): 11:13pm On Apr 15, 2011
Dotman01:

. . . . Are u really serious about that your sig?
yes o! Akala has done well in oyo, his achievements remain unparalled in oyo, check google, it's just that he's not from ibadan and ibadan people believe that only ibadan indigene can occupy agodi govt house when there are other towns, that's the more reason 'ibadan state' should be formed, people are just villifying akala for nothing~~~o yato si ra joorr o!
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by recoome(m): 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2011
Dotman01:

. . .hows dat any benefit to u. . . And again pls answer my questn, watsup wit your sig?
over 80% of all lagos contracts are in the hands of tinubu,olowolafe(tinubu's croonie) & other tinubu croonier, is tinubu the only one that can handle contracts? Why must fashola give tinubu contracts just becos its his boss? Fasholas tax policies is killing a lot of poor people!
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by agabaI23(m): 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

yes o! Akala has done well in oyo, his achievements remain unparalled in oyo, check google, it's just that he's not from ibadan and ibadan people believe that only ibadan indigene can occupy agodi govt house when there are other towns, that's the more reason 'ibadan state' should be formed, people are just villifying akala for nothing~~~o yato si ra joorr o!
hmmmmmm I am not from Oyo but I think you are wrong.
he one hell of a governor i want to leave come 26th

We are still in together on GEJ wink
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

. . . . I dnt need any google cos right now am in ibadan and i cant see any thing other than large posters of akala. . . . The guy is a criminal, period
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by EzeUche(m): 11:21pm On Apr 15, 2011
Good people of the SW, do not miss this opportunity to change history.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=424592;type=avatar[/img]
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by recoome(m): 11:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Dotman01:

. . . . I dnt need any google cos right now am in ibadan and i cant see any thing other than large posters of akala. . . . The guy is a criminal, period
pls tell us exactly how he's a criminal, i visit ibadan some times and it has changed for the better since ladoja, ajimobi was a senator, what did he do?
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 11:25pm On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

Good people of the SW, do not miss this opportunity to change history.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=424592;type=avatar[/img]

. . . The history he cant write for 10 months.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by OmoTier1(m): 11:35pm On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

You need to see a docotor! cant believe you typed that we all your senses functioning rightly. Alao is the worst governor after the order of Adedibu the voters machine and ballot box snatcher.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Chyz2: 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

I think next election, ACN needs to see if they can have UN peacekeepers supervise elections in the SW

Would greatly reduce the chance of PDP rigging

And that is the day they will never leave you land. Be careful what you wish for.The prediction of 2015 is still out there wink
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

pls tell us exactly how he's a criminal.
. . .where do i start, i think u're the one that really needs to visit google
recoome:
i visit ibadan some times
. . . .imagine u're not even living at ibadan, i dont really need to argue with u, av seen what am looking for. . .am done. . . Goodnite!
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by ektbear: 11:42pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Chyz: I'm fine with Nigeria breaking up. If we cannot avoid having rigged elections and the people are denied their right to show their displeasure with the FG, then perhaps it is best if it does.

Not too worried about having the UN peacekeepers leave afterwards. . . those missions tend to be expensive and they aren't too keen on staying indefinitely
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

You need to see a docotor! cant believe you typed that we all your senses functioning rightly. Alao is the worst governor after the order of Adedibu the voters machine and ballot box snatcher.
. . . Initially i tot he was just joking. . . Until he said this, just wondering how much akala gave him, shiooor
recoome:
i visit ibadan some times
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Chyz2: 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Chyz: I'm fine with Nigeria breaking up. If we cannot avoid having rigged elections and the people are denied their right to show their displeasure with the FG, then perhaps it is best if it does.

Not too worried about having the UN peacekeepers leave afterwards. . . those missions tend to be expensive and they aren't too keen on staying indefinitely

Nigeria splitting is not the problem. That would just be a blessing. The problem comes in when the UN(U.S. or britain) sets up a permanent military base in your land. Do keep in mind the massive resources in ur land, oil being the highest sort after.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by ektbear: 12:06am On Apr 16, 2011
^-- I'm willing to toss the dice to throw off PDP/FG rule. No risks, no reward
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by olabukola: 12:10am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^^ Thought you said we gonna leave when the oil is finished
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by jason123: 12:15am On Apr 16, 2011
olabukola:

^^^^ Thought you said we gonna leave when the oil is finished

STFU!!! Idi.ot!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala / Nigeria Needs Total Restructuring To Achieve Economic Growth - Soludo / Is Boko Haram Realy Doing This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.