Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57333 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2011
Princek12:

If Jonathan wins, which I believe he will, I just hope that something good comes out of his presidency. He has promised-and he is taking affirmative steps--to deregulate and privatize the PHCN (Nepa). That would be a sustainable path towards solving Nigeria'a power crisis once and for all.

If he can pull it off, that would be  a legacy. My qualms with Buhari is that he wants to "reform" the PHCN. How can you keep reforming an entity that is hemorrhaging money and will never be successful. Reforming the PHCN also endangers our power sector because if another inept government takes over in the future, their ineptitude could revert the PHCN to the way it ways, meaning we would be back to square one without adequate power.

Privatization and deregulation present the best prospects to end our power crisis once and for alll.

Privatizing PHCN is not the solution, Tinubu gave us the solution 8 years ago but PDP or should I say Obasanjo killed it. The solution is to allow other power companies exist side by side with PHCN, Enron was coming to do that but Obasanjo frustrated it.NITEL existed side by side with MTN, Econet and Glo but couldn't survive the competition. That is the type of competition the power industry needs. There is a lot of money to be made in the power sector of Nigeria, so I believe the private companies will make the investment if the environment is right
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2011
From the Buhari4change facebook site:

"Katsina PU:20/21/04/019
PDP:215 CPC:184 ACN:0" some one from katsina should confirm this reuslt
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Adamuhassa: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2011
JaaizTech:

Lets face it and stop beating around the bush, the major reason Buhari is unpopular in the south is not because of his qualities or lack of it but because He is a northerner. simply put it majority of southerners don't want a northerner at the moment even if Buhari were to be contesting against Bode George, most southerners would still prefer Bode George especially christian southerners

When were you born? You must be one of the underaged voters. Buhari? Qualities?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2011
aletheia:

Can this be true If it is, then game over
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2011
aletheia:

If it is from Buhari4change facebook page then it must be true
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by sparkle10(m): 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2011
GEJ is sure doing great in Lagos. A possible representation of voting pattern in the entire SW. Kudos!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by beloveeed: 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2011
@ Ombi 2 polling unit (A) Lafia College of Agric Nasarawa State
PDP 365
cpc 74
adc 1
acn 3
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Pataki: 5:08pm On Apr 16, 2011
JaaizTech:

Can this be true If it is, then game over
I got this from one of the Buhari facebook group pages:

Tudun wada ,1 Daura LGA Katsina state. CPC 667, PDP 24, ACN 1, BNPP 3, Others 0-
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2011
JaaizTech:

Privatizing PHCN is not the solution, Tinubu gave us the solution 8 years ago but PDP or should I say Obasanjo killed it. The solution is to allow other power companies exist side by side with PHCN, Enron was coming to do that but Obasanjo frustrated it.NITEL existed side by side with MTN, Econet and Glo but couldn't survive the competition. That is the type of competition the power industry needs. There is a lot of money to be made in the power sector of Nigeria, so I believe the private companies will make the investment if the environment is right

We are saying practically the same thing. Even if PHCN is not privatized, then the power sector should be deregulated. But it is better to sell off PHCN's assets so that government can focus on what it does best--to provide roads, water, security, tax, etc. PHCN is hemorrhaging money. You and I know that if other companies are allowed to enter the power sector, then PHCN would not have a single customer. People would presumably switch to those companies, which would be the death knell for PHCN.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2011
scopusng (m)

Re: Rigging Has Begun
« #131 on: Today at 04:56:15 PM »
Igbo-oluwo-Ikorodu-----

HDP 1
PPP  2
PDC 3
CPC 26
PDP 149
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2011
Adamuhassa:

When were you born? You must be one of the underaged voters. Buhari? Qualities?
You may be over 18 in age, but your brain is underaged. Must you result to insults to pass a simple point Rather than state the qualities He lacks and backup with evidence and also state how GEJ fares  better with his own qualities you resulted to insults I guess it is because you are empty.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sun02(m): 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2011
Election result-2011-BAMMEKE RD SHASHA LAGOS

acn-39
CPC-13
PDP-191
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2011
Pataki:

I got this from one of the Buhari facebook group pages:

Tudun wada ,1[b] Daura[/b] LGA Katsina state. CPC 667, PDP 24, ACN 1, BNPP 3, Others 0-
How can Buhari lose there? That is his home town and the crowd there was exciting to watch I must confess.
I did not believe GEJ would get a vote from there!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Pataki: 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2011
STATE: KADUNA
NAME: TUKUR - TUKUR, MAGUME 1 / RAHAMA.
CODE: 015.
REG AREA CODE: 09.
LOCAL GOVT AREA CODE:023
THE RESULT IS AS FOLLOWS;
RIBADU NUHU - 1 VOTE.
SHEKARAU IBRAHIM - 2 VOTES.
BUHARI MUHAMMADU - 930 VOTES.
JONATHAN GUDLUCK - 13 VOTES. THE ELECTION WAS CONDUCTE AT THE ABOVE CENTER PEACEFULY IN ACORDINCE WIT SECTION 46 OF THE ELECTORAL ACT,2010
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2011
JaaizTech:

Lets face it and stop beating around the bush, the major reason Buhari is unpopular in the south is not because of his qualities or lack of it but because He is a northerner. simply put it majority of southerners don't want a northerner at the moment even if Buhari were to be contesting against Bode George, most southerners would still prefer Bode George especially christian southerners

And what is the main reason Goodluck is unpopular in the North? Give me a break. You are acting as though this tribalism pariah pervades only in the south, and that Northerners don't vote for a candidate strictly based on tribalism. Most, if not all, Northerners would not vote for a southern candidate even if that candidate would end all the problems in Nigeria. These tribalism pariah is ubiquitous, stretching from North to South and East to West.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by colen212: 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2011
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2011
^The trend in Lagos seems to confirm the ThisDay/Ipsos polls.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Pataki: 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2011
PU:02/14/09/005.mubi north adamawa, ACN 3, CPC 340, PDP 77.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2011
Princek12:

Buhari may not be corrupt, but he is an old head. I don't want to relive the Buhari days. We need to move forward. Whether he possesses the intellectual heft to lead Nigeria is yet to be answered.

The Buhari days are not that bad and it was with the best intentions. Nigeria is full of mooorons and a heavy hand is normally needed. The main reason you see me on NL bashing people hard, as that is the only approach that can work with Nigerians and produce quick results.

Furthermore, apart from the gentlemanliness and GRACE Buhari has demonstrated in the last 2 elections Poverty Development Party have rigged, you have to realise Buhari will be operating under democratic powers this time.

Princek12:

Ribadu was, and still probably is, a protege to then president Obasanjo, who appointed him head of EFCC. Ribadu engaged in selective justice, whereby he cherry-picked political opponents to prosecute. When Ribadu was asked about the whereabout of the $16b  his former godfather (Obasanjo) allegedly earmarked for the power project, Ribadu said something to the effect that he did not want to dwell on the past and pass blame, and that he was ready to move on.

Ribadu did not perform any selective justice.

And it is really tosh to say OBJ stole $16bn because:

1) I read somewhere that an analysis done revealed $3bn was the amount not accounted for. So the whole $16bn was typicla Nigerian hearsay that turned into "fact".

2) If OBJ stole $16bn, he would not have the same regards he maintains in the West.

3) OBJ, unlike the typical criminals like IBB, has not for a second hid from the media. He has granted interviews several times to defend himself robustly.

In my view, what ever the amount of money looted for the power project was not looted by OBJ. He most likely was incompetent, careless in the management, but I don't believe he looted it. So I don't think there is anything like "OBJ's $16bn".

Ribadu went after CRIMINALS. That is what matters to me, not their moan that they are being prosecuted based on selective justice.

It is like armed robbers saying why is the police only focussing on their patch.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by beloveeed: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2011
@ NAsarawa State polytechnic Lafia polling unit

ANPP 5

PDP 378

CPC 87
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

And it is really tosh to say OBJ stole $16bn because:

1) I read somewhere that an analysis done revealed $3bn was the amount not accounted for. So the whole $16bn was typicla Nigerian hearsay that turned into "fact".

2) If OBJ stole $16bn, he would not have the same regards he maintains in the West.

3) OBJ, unlike the typical criminals like IBB, has not for a second hid from the media. He has granted interviews several times to defend himself robustly.

In my view, what ever the amount of money looted for the power project was not looted by OBJ. He most likely was incompetent, careless in the management, but I don't believe he looted it. So I don't think there is anything like "OBJ's $16bn".

Ribadu went after CRIMINALS. That is what matters to me, not their moan that they are being prosecuted based on selective justice.

It is like armed robbers saying why is the police only focussing on their patch.
^100% agree with these.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2011
Quoted from Buhari Facebook fanpage: In my pollin center at Lagos Agege local gov ward c . CPC 192 PDP 62 ACN 45. I doubt it though
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2011
Princek12:

And what is the main reason Goodluck is unpopular in the North? Give me a break. You are acting as though this tribalism pariah pervades only in the south, and that Northerners don't vote for a candidate strictly based on tribalism. Most, if not all, Northerners would not vote for a southern candidate even if that candidate would end all the problems in Nigeria. These tribalism pariah is ubiquitous, stretching from North to South and East to West.

You are on point there!!!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by prodam(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2011
Azare (Bauchi State)
CPC-543,
PDP-05,
ANPP-2,
ACN-0,
INVALID-5

ref:234next.com(comment)

up Buhari, we just start
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Remii(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2011
agabaI23:

scopusng (m)

Re: Rigging Has Begun
« #131 on: Today at 04:56:15 PM »
Igbo-oluwo-Ikorodu-----

HDP 1
PPP  2
PDC 3
CPC 26
PDP 149

if above is correct, abike dabiri should worry oooo
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by edicolove: 5:19pm On Apr 16, 2011

please dont say this again. it is falsehood. enron was not a solution. enron was a conduit for Tinubu to steal Lagos dry. it was a big scam and everyone in Lagos knows that. Tinubu was a crook. please stop eulogising him.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2011
[size=38pt]Wind of CHANGE is blowing[/size]

PS:I have not time for confrontation, but if you dare I will ### and f****
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
prodam:

Azare (Bauchi State)
CPC-543,
PDP-05,
ANPP-2,
ACN-0,
INVALID-5

ref:234next.com(comment)

up Buhari, we just start

grin grin grin Spanking
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by baksonlee: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
Makera ward, Funtua L.G katsina State PU 20/14/07/002
ACN-3
PDP-29
CPC-677
ANPP-1

Result/pu 13/01/10/015 igbemo Ekiti
ACN 191,
ANPP 3,
CPC 1,
PDP 19,
void 3

Federal Lowcost Primary School Maiduguri Unit II (08/21/01/017):
CPC-268,
PDP-37,
ACN-0,
ANPP-0,
NCP-2,
UNPP-1,
PPP-1,
BNPP-2
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

You are on point there!!!
I agree with you, but sincerely speaking I think southerners are more guilty. North voted for Obasanjo, North voted for Abiola. Don't want to debate it anyways, but I think both North and South needs to rethink, we won't get anywhere with this kind of attituide
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by sartorius(m): 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
Yep just as I predicted, they wud vote enmass up north but bb can't get 25% in ss and se(10 states) and like 3-4 states in swest. Bb wud might make 25 in lag so that's 14, Whilst gej wud win and make 25 perc in 16 south states and 3 states up north, he shud make 25 perc in kd.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by bashr4: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
Abia: Umuahia, Umule ward 10. Unit-014.
Total Num of Reg-671
total acc-370.
PDP-362.
PDC-1
PMP-2.
CPC-1.
Void-4.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (42) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) / Obasanjo Arrives In Zimbabwe For The Burial Of Robert Mugabe (photo) / 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.