Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57267 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

No doubt $3bn is not beans.

I don't know why Ribadu did not answer the question. But I don't doubt for a second Ribadu is utterly against corruption.

You make some good points there, but I will caution you should realise that most of these Middle East Countries produce about the same or more oil than us and have only a fraction of our ridiculous population. Hence, part of the reason why we lack the same infrastructure, apart from dumb, heartless leaders and corruption.

Today we are likely to continue the trend. We will vote in another dumb leader called Jonathan that is comfortable with corruption.

True. I just hope that even if he wants to steal our money, he should energize the private sector. At least there are numerous private companies, realizing the market potential of Nigeria, that are ready to inject their own money into our economy and build our infrastructure. I also hope that corruption will be reduced. It is just too  much in Nigeria. And Jonathan will probably continue the PDP tradition of looting. God save us.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jmaine: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2011
Hello House coming to you live from the Yaba area precisely Iwaya . . .it was a massive turn out  i must confess, Now here are the results :-

Poling station 031                                                                                                                         Poling station 032                      

PDP     =  219                                                                                                                                    PDP =     222

ACN     =  51                                                                                                                                      ACN =     43

CPC     =  47                                                                                                                                       CPC =    49

ANPP    =  0                                                                                                                                         ANPP = 1

PPN =  1

Okay enjoy pics of the turn out around my hood, You will notice two lines each spilling into the streets sideways . . . .they are queers for each polling booth

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by ourwale: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2011
At my polling in osogbo osun state, this is what i have ACN-203, PDP-149 CPC-9
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2011
[size=28pt][center]WIND OF CHANGE[/center][/size]
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2011
Princek12:

True. I just hope that even if he wants to steal our money, he should energize the private sector. At least there are numerous private companies, realizing the market potential of Nigeria, that are ready to inject their own money into our economy and build our infrastructure. I also hope that corruption will be reduced. It is just too  much in Nigeria. And Jonathan will probably continue the PDP tradition of looting. God save us.

What ever Nigerians face after today, they deserve. I will have no pity.

In a sane country, Ribadu would have won hands-down.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by OAM4J: 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

What ever Nigerians face after today, they deserve. I will have no pity.

In a sane country, Ribadu would have won hands-down.

My thought exactly!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by gymer(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
Votes were just counted in my polling unit at Bakare-Oriola in Lagos sate (LA/13/05/044) with the following results:

PDP - 257
ACN - 64
CPC - 43
ANPP - 1
GEJ all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
Post pictures of your voting experience

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648194.0.html
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by anishe(m): 5:56pm On Apr 16, 2011
MASSIVE RIGGING FOR THE PDP
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by ziccoit: 5:56pm On Apr 16, 2011
the Pooling Unit where General Buhari cast his vote Result depicts KT20/10/01/003

CPC: 494
ANPP: 4,
BNPP: 3,
ACN: 2,
ADC: 1,
PDP: 0,

No bribery, no financial inducement, no oath of any kind, no futuristic bogus promises and people did this. Buhari is a true leader of people.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by preselect(m): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
macjive01:

Wait for rig lord state- IMO state n see the miracle of PDP!

If it's anything less than 93 for GEJ, take it he lost.

IMO state has never benefited from the military. The few stuff we have there was from mbakwe's govt 1979-1983 which buhari terminated only for the military to destroy for the next 16yrs. We don't love the PDP, but even criminal civilian govts have done IMO a lot of good compared to the do-nothing military. Udenwa tarred roads(and he's a rogue too) mbakwe built airport, Enwerem(another rogue) helped establish the main university, udenwa gave us our first teaching hospital, OBJ( the great thief) gave is onitcha-owerri interstate( I hear the road is completed and excellent) udenwa tarred the road to my village and beyond. From IMO airport to my front door in my mothers vilage I won't see a pot hole or untarred road. PDP is full of
greed but they treated IMO better than the military. No adult in IMO will forget Mbakwe who did so much( the crying governor,
he wept before shagari to come over to IMO and help us) buhari locked him up.

Any IMO man that votes for buhari is either too young to know this history, or too naive to think buhari is a saint( a man who
refused to come before oputa panel, who else refused to come b4 that panel---babangida) or the man is a CPC party boy.

Buhari is loathed by IMO people. His administration had no Igbo members, the only Igbo top military officer then, Ike nwachukwu, he made a governor rather than give him any better duty at federal level. His PTF did nothing for IMO state. We see him as igbophobic. As if that is not enough, he fanned the flames of religious extremism and has no apologies. IMO people are over 90% xtians with Jews, traditionalist, atheist, Muslims, pagans all combined making leas than 10% .

I'm not at home but I'm sure IMO people will vote for anybody but buhari. Ribadu, I predict, will have a better chance than buhari.
But PDP will win convincingly. Then next week they'll turn around and throw away the PDP governor.

This election is about individuals for most voters.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by warrior01: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2011
PU:24/03/03/041. The polling unit opposite Diamond Estate, Lasu-Isheri expressway, Alimosho LGA, Lagos

PARTY                                   VOTES                                          %
PDP:                                      317                                             67.16

ACN                                      96                                                20.34

CPC                                        47                                                9.957

PPP                                         4                                                   0.847

ADC                                       3                                                    0.635

PDC                                        3                                                    0.635

PMP                                        1                                                      0.211

ANPP                                        1                                                     0.211

VOIDED = 3
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by themano: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2011
When i see the results from Rivers , Imo, Anambra and Delta states, i will make my full comments. From what i see so far, Buhari is in Massive lead as per total votes
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2011
Post pictures of your voting experience

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648194.0.html
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by bashr4: 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2011
pres-elect:

IMO state has never benefited from the military. The few stuff we have there was from mbakwe's govt 1969-1983 which buhari terminated only for the military to destroy for the next 16yrs. We don't love the PDP, but even criminal civilian govts have done IMO a lot of good compared to the do-nothing military. Udenwa tarred roads(and he's a rogue too) mbakwe built airport, Enwerem(another rogue) helped establish the main university, udenwa gave us our first teaching hospital, OBJ( the great thief) gave is onitcha-owerri interstate( I hear the road is completed and excellent) udenwa tarred the road to my village and beyond. From IMO airport to my front door in my mothers vilage I won't see a pot hole or untarred road. PDP is full of greed but they treated IMO better than the military. No adult in IMO will forget Mbakwe who did so much( the crying governor, he wept before shagari to come over to IMO and help us) buhari locked him up.

Any IMO man that votes for buhari is either too young to know this history, or too naive to think buhari is a saint( a man who refused to come before pouts panel, who else refused to come b4 that panel---babangida) or the man is a CPC party boy.

Buhari is loathed by IMO people. His administration had no Igbo members, the only Igbo top military officer then, Ike nwachukwu, he made a governor rather than give him any better duty at federal level. His PTF did nothing for IMO state. We see him as igbophobic. As if that is not enough, he fanned the flames of religious extremism and has no apologies. IMO people are over 90% xtians with Jews, traditionalist, atheist, Muslims, pagans all combined making leas than 10% .

I'm not at home but I'm sure IMO people will vote for anybody but buhari. Ribadu, I predict, will have a better chance than buhari.
But PDP will win convincingly. Then next week they'll turn around and throw away the PDP governor.

This election is about individuals for most voters.  

you are right not only in imo but in the who;le eastern nigeria, buhari is not an option i rather vote ribadu than buhari.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2011
ziccoit:

the Pooling Unit where General Buhari cast his vote Result depicts KT20/10/01/003

CPC: 494
ANPP: 4,
BNPP: 3,
ACN: 2,
ADC: 1,
PDP: 0,

No bribery, no financial inducement, no oath of any kind, no futuristic bogus promises and people did this. Buhari is a true leader of people.

You forgot to mention that circa 150 out of that 494 is made up of 10 year old Almajiris and some Nigeri[b]e[/b]ns.  undecided
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Mariory(m): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2011
themano:

When i see the results from Rivers , Imo, Anambra and Delta states, i will make my full comments. From what i see so far, Buhari is in Massive lead as per total votes

Err you might want to learn how to count.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by bashr4: 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2011
themano:

some appetizers
Salvation Army- Enugu North
03/014
PDP = 409
CPC = 2
PDC = 1
Methodist, Enugu North 03/016
PDP = 878
CPC = 7
ANPP =3
FRESH =1
PDC =5
INVALID =13
Carter,Ogui- Enugu North - 03/011
PDP = 1018
CPC = 1
PDC = 4
invalid = 6
this is what the whiole south east vote will look like especially anambra and imo
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by ziccoit: 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2011
effurun warri delta state ward 8, unit 11.
Cpc 55,
PDP 2.

This is a good result for BB considering that it comes from d south
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2011
mrjingles:

134. (1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be  
   deemed to have be been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates  
   for the election -  
         (a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and  
         (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election  
         in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and  
         the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
     (2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed  
     to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for  
     the election-  
         (a) he has the highest number of votes cast at the election;  
         and  
         (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election  
         each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and            the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Understand  the constitutional provisions.[s] Candidate must FIRST win MAJORITY  in at LEAST 2/3 of states with a MINIMUM of 25% of votes cast in EACH  state he wins. It means if candidate A wins a state but he does not receive  at LEAST 25% of votes he will NOT have won that state as far as the election is concerned. It means if there are many candidates in a state and one of them wins but all his votes amount to say 15% of ALL votes cast then he has not won that state.[/s] Lets understand to avoid confusion when results are declared. BTW above is S134 of the CONSTITUTION
Thanks it is clearer now, it means the winner must have 24 states in which He got not less than 25% of the votes in that state. If any candidate can't meet this then really He doesn't deserve to be the President. But my grouse now is, if  candidate A gets the majority of the votes (134(1)a) and candidateB gets more than 25% of votes counted in 24 states(134(1)b). What happens, will candidate B be declared winner or will there be a re-run. I am really concerned because very few are aware of this provisio, and it is a potential recipe for crisis .
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2011
ziccoit:

effurun warri delta state ward 8, unit 11.
Cpc 55,
PDP 2.

This is a good result for BB considering that it comes from d south

We need to see more of this.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2011
JaaizTech:

But my grouse now is, if  candidate A gets the majority of the votes (134(1)a) and candidateB gets more than 25% of votes counted in 24 states(134(1)b). What happens, will candidate B be declared winner or will there be a re-run. I am really concerned because very few are aware of this provisio, and it is a potential recipe for crisis .
^Constitution is clear: There will be a runoff between A & B.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by somze(f): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2011
My Polling Unit - Gana Street, Maitama, Abuja

PDP - 515
CPC - 260
ACN - 5
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 6:07pm On Apr 16, 2011
KWARA

Ilorin East

St John unit: PDP 271; ACN 18; CPC 18; MPPP 1; PDC 1; PMP 1; PPP 2

St John LGEA 3: PDP 219; ACN 11; CPC 28; LDPN 1; MPPP 1; NCP 1; NTP 1; PMP 1

Magaji area 2: ACN 14; ANPP 1; PDC 1; NCP 1; CPC 14; PDP 196

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690533-146/election_results_live_updates__.csp
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Akosbaba(m): 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2011
From the results coming in,it looks like anything but a landslide for the eventual winner.there is nothing to indicate Gej is going to win.buhari is spanking him with thousands of votes in the north while he's winning with hundreds.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by mrjingles(m): 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2011
Thank you aletheia
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Jean2(m): 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2011
Waiting for vote counting to be completed @ Wuse 2,

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Akosbaba(m): 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2011
From the results coming in,it looks like anything but a landslide for the eventual winner.there is nothing to indicate Gej is going to win.buhari is spanking him with thousands of votes in the north while he's winning with hundreds.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2011
JaaizTech:

if  candidate A gets the majority of the votes (134(1)a) and candidateB gets more than 25% of votes counted in 24 states(134(1)b). What happens, will candidate B be declared winner or will there be a re-run. I am really concerned because very few are aware of this provisio, and it is a potential recipe for crisis .

Not possible!

Under both 134 (1) and 134 (2), anyone that is declared winner must have majority of the overall votes.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by squino(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2011
urban 1 Eket in Akwa Ibom         PDP 279,  ACN  17,  CPC  1,  NTP  1,  DMP   1,  APS   1,   NCP   1,   PDC   1,   UUNDP   1,   LDPN  1,   GMP   1,  Void 5.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Basseti: 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2011
Keep em coming abeg!!!

This election has been for the most part relatively smooth. Dont care who wins. I am proud of the process.

These Oyibos for hia have been taunting me (albeit subtly) and asking if the elections will be violent. They didnt ask if it was going to be fair. Violent!!! And I had no response.
If this is kept up, I will have a response by monday to them cockroaches
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Kenyy: 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

You forgot to mention that circa 150 out of that 494 is made up of 10 year old Almajiris and some Nigeri[b]e[/b]ns.  undecided
Please speak in a language you can understand and stop exposing yourself and your pay master.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (42) (Reply)

Willie Obiano Walking His Dog In USA (Video) / Ibrahim Babangida Laughing At Mamman Vatsa's Wedding In The 60s (photo) / Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.