Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) (56916 Views)

World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) / The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / Container Ship Blocking Suez Canal Is Free After 6 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by honeyhoney(m): 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2021
Welcome to page 2

3 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Kollyman: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
grin grin angry angry
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
Great one
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by kingyang: 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

I guess u opened this for me right grin

Those containers I am counting are not more than 10000 (ten thousand), infact they can't be upto that...

How can a ship carry over 20000 containers... I guess it's a lie, they are lying to us....

It can't be true... No ship can even carry 10000 containers...

I have counted those containers and they are not upto to 10k sef

Inside the belly of the ship has space for containers , check it out on our port .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2021
So you mean I can do full morning jogging on this thing
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2021
LMS1:
I Do Envy This Koreans In Terms Of Devolopment.
Thats Why Their Leaders Are Often Rebellious To Other World Leaders Because They Are Almost Self Dependent;
Nuclear Power = Present
Industrialisation= Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Abcent
But Somewhere In Africa A Democratic Country Got Their President Posing With Cows
With An Old Refubished Helicopter That Was Imported From Benin Republic Thankgod Am Not Referring To My Dear Nigeria. grin

This is not North Korea, rather it is South Korea is a strong junior ally not a rebellious one.

3 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by donprincebigt(m): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2021
indeed largest
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by MAKEOUTHlLL: 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:
This big ship carrying thousands of container is like putting all your eggs in one basket. One Torpedo is all it takes to sink it.

#ConstructiveCriticism

torpedo attacks aren't really a critical factor to consider when building ships;

especially for civilian use.

7 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by BobbieZion(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:
This big ship carrying thousands of container is like putting all your eggs in one basket. One Torpedo is all it takes to sink it.

#ConstructiveCriticism

Ships of such magnitude, rarely sink they are exceptionally durable.
Thousand of cars,planes,trains boats and canoes will give way.
But the queens of the seas will stand.

6 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by kingyang: 8:24pm On Mar 27, 2021
PotatoSalad:
So you mean I can do full morning jogging on this thing
There are some open deck vessel like tankers , u need to ride from one point to another with bicycle .
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 8:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:

#ConstructiveCriticism
How many ships do you know of that have been sunk by torpedoes in the last 50 years?

constructive research should come before criticism.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Prajonis: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:

#ConstructiveCriticism
When was the last time you heard a container ship sunk? They use high tech gyroscopic systems that give them stability making it practically impossible for turbulence to cause them to capsize. Icebergs are the only things that can make them sink, but there are people who work day and night to ensure that shipping routes are free of them, even the tiniest ones. The world learned well from the Titanic. Surely these guys can also spot a torpedo from miles away and intercept itgrin

21 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by ayenale1(m): 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
And we still battling cows and corn issues, chaii...

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2021
kingyang:

There are some open deck vessel like tankers , u need to ride from one point to another with bicycle .
Makes the titanic look like a school project

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Offpoint1: 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

Those containers I am counting are not more than 10000 (ten thousand), infact they can't be upto that...

How can a ship carry over 20000 containers... I guess it's a lie, they are lying to us....

Na fufu dey inside the ship bah? Goan modify that your comment before the next market dey.

8 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

How you manage to count those containers still surprise me. Those things are small to count.
I doubt even if you will count them completely even in real life... grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Theophinio(m): 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
Excellent
Nice structure
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Toks2008(m): 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
The insurance company for this ship must be really really buoyant.

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Pergrace: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_container_ships

DenreleDave:

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by majamajic(m): 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
Explorer my man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by geesilver(m): 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
beautiful.... am very sure there is no harbour or sea port that can berth this vessel in Africa it can only be in Europe, America and Asia gradually we would get there
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by johncallidon(m): 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2021
wonderful
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by uzoma213(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

I'm sure you don't know that there are some containers under too that you cannot see. I mean inside the ship itself

4 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
Explorers E cost O this shit is 70B naira grin
Someone posted a ship of 66m on autos I think the day before yesterday. And it's also big it will also be strong to carry heavy goods too I'll rather go for that than this $140m grin
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by King3urna(m): 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

How did you do that bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Cholls(m): 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:
Random thought: This big ship carrying thousands of container is like putting all your eggs in one basket. One Torpedo is all it takes to sink it I guess

#ConstructiveCriticism is allowed
my brother insurance cover ram
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by uzoma213(m): 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
BobbieZion:

Ships of such magnitude, rarely sink they are exceptionally durable.
Thousand of cars,planes,trains boats and canoes will give way.
But the queens of the seas will stand.
they rarely sink because they are built to withstand harsh conditions at sea but not a torpedo attack like the man said.
It's very unlikely it would ever encounter such am attack tho

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Asour: 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
LMS1:
I Do Envy This Koreans In Terms Of Devolopment.
Thats Why Their Leaders Are Often Rebellious To Other World Leaders Because They Are Almost Self Dependent;
Nuclear Power = Present
Industrialisation= Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Abcent
But Somewhere In Africa A Democratic Country Got Their President Posing With Cows
With An Old Refubished Helicopter That Was Imported From Benin Republic Thankgod Am Not Referring To My Dear Nigeria. grin

You're mixing Koreas here. The Korea where this ship was manufactured is called the Republic of Korea(ROK) AKA South Korea (A USA ally).

The one that's rebellious is known as the Democratic People's republic of Korea(DPRK) AKA North Korea (A poor hermit nation with harsh human rights records) also believed to have a fierce 1million man strong army.
You would not envy this Korea though.

4 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Professorcplus(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
SmartyPants:

How many ships do you know of that have been sunk by torpedoes in the last 50 years?

constructive research should come before criticism.
Thanks. Yea I know about all that. Atimes wise man need to act dumb for some reasons.

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by iHart(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

uzoma213:
they barely sink because they are built to withstand harsh conditions at sea but not a torpedo attacks like the man said.
It's very unlikely it would ever encounter such am attack tho
...because of your comment, I had to go back to try and count the containers. The best estimate I could get was roughly 4800. That ship can not carry 20,000 containers.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Harbeeorlar(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

Don't tell me you are counting just the ones you could see as the total loads/containers? Those are just meagre to the ones that submerge. Check the picture when it is loaded to when it was empty.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edmund Echukwu Dies At James Bond-Themed Sex Party In UK (photos) / Trailer Saved Another From Falling This Morning In Lagos / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.