Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) (56913 Views)

World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) / The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / Container Ship Blocking Suez Canal Is Free After 6 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Kingzjayzee: 12:10am On Mar 28, 2021
kai, see wetin water dey carry. water dey try ooo.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by saajus: 12:38am On Mar 28, 2021
This is very risky. The sinking of this ship will send the insurance company that insures it back to the village.

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by saajus: 12:49am On Mar 28, 2021
Honestly, I love my Northern brothers, but this marriage cannot work. Baba Ojukwu saw this 50 years ago. I don't want to come back to Nairaland 50 yrs' time and still be saying the same thing. The cultural values are so different and religion influence the thinking of both sides. Let's part ways in peace. India and Pakistan needed to separate. North Korea and South Korea follow suit. We could see how those countries pursue their passion after separation. Won't Northern Nigeria love to build a full-fledged Sharia constitution that all of them have been craving for? Won't they like to have a good relationship with other Muslim states cos after the split, they can fully join the association of Muslim states.
Timetravel88:

Korea had to split to Northern Korea and Southern Korea. Southern Korea is the most developed and economically viable of the 2 countries. In Nigeria when we talk about the disintegration of the contraption it's probably people like you that will kick against it. A united Nigeria is a financial debt trap.

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by YorubaLord: 1:05am On Mar 28, 2021
Felabrity:
This is like the Noah's Ark

Who dey build this things?

Noah!
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by calabaman(m): 1:43am On Mar 28, 2021
What can I say?

Hmm!!
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by MemoriesAndMe: 2:31am On Mar 28, 2021
Professorcplus:
Random thought: This big ship carrying thousands of container is like putting all your eggs in one basket. One Torpedo is all it takes to sink it I guess

#ConstructiveCriticism is allowed
But it will cost more shipping multiple containers on multiple ships and there will be possible lags in expected delivery times. Think about it like why does the BRT buses in Lagos help reduce traffic volumes when there are possibilities of multiple casualties when a BRT accident affects more lives versus when these lives spread in different mini buses. What does having so many buses do to the roads? Whats their effect on the environment? So, its safer to do things in volumes sometimes.

Trust me, before a ship like this is allowed to sail, there must have been so many risk assessments done. The ship is intended for international assignments, meaning compliance with each country's standards must be met. That does not however mean accidents will not happen, but the likelihood of it is under so much control.

So, dont worry if your container is on that ship, you're safe bro.

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 3:07am On Mar 28, 2021
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by xcelentattitude(m): 4:10am On Mar 28, 2021
Professorcplus:
Random thought: This big ship carrying thousands of container is like putting all your eggs in one basket. One Torpedo is all it takes to sink it I guess

No now.
Where's the Torpedo going to come from?
Or would you rather have it carry just one container?
It's not a war ship bro, so there's no reason why it should get hit by a Torpedo. This is not World War all over again.

Maybe you have watched one two many conspiracy movies grin

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by tenzofall: 4:42am On Mar 28, 2021
Professorcplus:

Where will the torpedo come from? Even in war sinking a civilian ship (especially a container ship not carrying weapons) with a torpedo is considered a war crime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by tenzofall: 4:45am On Mar 28, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

Yeah very true, though these shipping companies usually don't joke with freight and cargo insurance. Also, metocean and weather conditions are usually carefully studied to plan their routes.
Why on earth will someone shoot a civilian ship with a torpedo?
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 28, 2021
Professorcplus:

Such mishap rarely occurs because before the ship set sail, the weather forecast for her routs had been done and all precautions taken into consideration. Technology mixed with intelligence and security comes to play in that regard. The world has gone passed those periods of unforseen circumstances in our waterways. Billions of goods on World class ships like thus doesn't just sink like that.
Hope I was constructive. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by LMS1(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2021
Asour:

You're mixing Koreas here. The Korea where this ship was manufactured is called the Republic of Korea(ROK) AKA South Korea (A USA ally).

The one that's rebellious is known as the Democratic People's republic of Korea(DPRK) AKA North Korea (A poor hermit nation with harsh human rights records) also believed to have a fierce 1million man strong army.
You would not envy this Korea though.
Copied With Maturity. Thanks
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by LMS1(m): 7:41am On Mar 28, 2021
jacoik:
lolxxxxx hahahaha as u don scatter the table finish, what's your gain now
I Got Hundred Of Likes From That Trash grin
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by LMS1(m): 7:45am On Mar 28, 2021
PigTormentor:

Mumus just be posting trash.
Can't even spell absent yet trying to make fun of a man that has achieved more than anyone in your tribe.
Mumu, South Korea has democracy, at least know what you are talking about before trying to make fun of anyone.
Lastly, this is South Korea, they are not rebellious to the world. It's very obvious that you got South and North Korea mixed up.
At the end of the day, you just made an ass of yourself by trying to show off someone.
To Slap You Just Dey Hungry Me,
Did I Really State Out Which Korea I Was Referring To?.
Una Nor Sabi Ignore For Una Family? Ewu!
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by BobbieZion(m): 9:10am On Mar 28, 2021
uzoma213:
they rarely sink because they are built to withstand harsh conditions at sea but not a torpedo attack like the man said.
It's very unlikely it would ever encounter such am attack tho

Torpedoes are meant for submarines and war ships they are not meant for cargo and passenger lines.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by grandstar(m): 11:23am On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:
I Do Envy The Koreans In Terms Of Devolopment.
Thats Why Their Leaders Are Often Rebellious To Other World Leaders Because They Are Almost Self Dependent;
Nuclear Power = Present
Industrialisation= Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Absent
But Somewhere In Africa A Democratic Country Got Their President Posing With Cows
With An Old Refubished Helicopter That Was Imported From Benin Republic Thankgod Am Not Referring To My Dear Nigeria. grin

There are two Korea's.You have North and South Korea and they've have a cold war between themselves for about 60years. The 2 have almost zero relations between themselves. North Korea has nuclear weapons, and its repressive and is desperately poor. South is wears the Gucci shoe and that's where Samsung, LG, Hyundai and many famous Koreans conglomerates (Chaebols) come from.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by 2kurupt(m): 11:29am On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:
I Do Envy The Koreans In Terms Of Devolopment.
Thats Why Their Leaders Are Often Rebellious To Other World Leaders Because They Are Almost Self Dependent;
Nuclear Power = Present
Industrialisation= Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Absent
But Somewhere In Africa A Democratic Country Got Their President Posing With Cows
With An Old Refubished Helicopter That Was Imported From Benin Republic Thankgod Am Not Referring To My Dear Nigeria. grin

Democracy is one of the biggest scams in recent history for sure. With bad leadership no matter the type of "cracy" the nation chooses to practice, it'll keep going round in cycles.

Respect to the Koreans cool
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by LMS1(m): 11:43am On Mar 28, 2021
grandstar:

There are two Korea's.You have North and South Korea and they've have a cold war between themselves for about 60years. The 2 have almost zero relations between themselves. North Korea has nuclear weapons, and its repressive and is desperately poor. South is wears the Gucci shoe and that's where Samsung, LG, Hyundai and many famous Koreans conglomerates (Chaebols) come from.
Thankyou, But I Will Not Agree With U That The South Is "desperately Poor" As You Claim.
They Are Doing Well Too (though Not Enough To Be Compaired With South)
But Due To Abcent Of World Journalism We Know Less About Them.
But It Is Claimed their Government Trains Some Young And Smart Hackers Who Steal Data, Infomation And Currencies From Other Nation To Fund Their Economy And Build Nuclear Weapons.
Only That The Government Of Kim Control Everything There Including Lifestlye. North Korea Is Progressing But They Are Keeping It A Secret To Others.
Thankyou Once Again!
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by grandstar(m): 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:

Thankyou, But I Will Not Agree With U That The South Is "desperately Poor" As You Claim.
They Are Doing Well Too (though Not Enough To Be Compaired With South)
But Due To Abcent Of World Journalism We Know Less About Them.
But It Is Claimed their Government Trains Some Young And Smart Hackers Who Steal Data, Infomation And Currencies From Other Nation To Fund Their Economy And Build Nuclear Weapons.
Only That The Government Of Kim Control Everything There Including Lifestlye. North Korea Is Progressing But They Are Keeping It A Secret To Others.
Thankyou Once Again!

North Korea is desperately poor. Why not Google "North Korean economy"?

What stuff from North Korea have you bought? You've bought lots of South Korean stuff. I won't be surprised if you have a Samsung phone. North Korea on the other hand is desperately poor. People who have gone there attest to this. Your assertions should be based on facts and not intuitiom. If you want to prove credible, show facts.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by fashrola2: 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2021
DenreleDave:

I guess u opened this for me right grin

Those containers I am counting are not more than 10000 (ten thousand), infact they can't be upto that...

How can a ship carry over 20000 containers... I guess it's a lie, they are lying to us....

It can't be true... No ship can even carry 10000 containers...

I have counted those containers and they are not upto to 10k sef

Don't limit yourself to learning, there are cargo holds which can carry more than 10,000 containers onboard that ship before loaded on deck
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by LMS1(m): 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2021
grandstar:

North Korea is desperately poor. Why not Google "North Korean economy"?

What stuff from North Korea have you bought? You've bought lots of South Korean stuff. I won't be surprised if you have a Samsung phone. North Korea on the other hand is desperately poor. People who have gone there attest to this. Your assertions should be based on facts and not intuitiom. If you want to prove credible, show facts.
Bro I Told You Kim Does Not Allow Journalism In His Country.
Their Official Economic Data Is Often Not Published To The World.
But Then Where Do You Think The Fund For Their Nuclear Projects Is Coming From?
These Guys Dont Get Loan From World Bank, IMF Etc Yet They Are Able To Be Among Nuclear Weapon Producing Country.
That Should Tell You There Is Something Sketchy About North Korea.
BTW Do You Think Nigeria Is Doing Better Than Them? grin

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by PigTormentor: 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:

To Slap You Just Dey Hungry Me,
Did I Really State Out Which Korea I Was Referring To?.
Una Nor Sabi Ignore For Una Family? Ewu!

I know e dey hungry you to slap your useless drunkard father. Just wait for him to get drunk again and give him a big dirty slap.
Child or perdition, that's your way in life.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by LMS1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
PigTormentor:

I know e dey hungry you to slap your useless drunkard father. Just wait for him to get drunk again and give him a big dirty slap.
Child or perdition, that's your way in life.
keep wailing senselessly because its a faceless forum.. cabal!

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Limassol(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2021
DenreleDave:

I guess u opened this for me right grin

Those containers I am counting are not more than 10000 (ten thousand), infact they can't be upto that...

How can a ship carry over 20000 containers... I guess it's a lie, they are lying to us....

It can't be true... No ship can even carry 10000 containers...

I have counted those containers and they are not upto to 10k sef

The ship currently wedge at the sues canal isn't as large as this and according to Aljazeera contains more than 20000 containers.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Poloyanabo2(m): 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2021
BobbieZion:

Ships of such magnitude, rarely sink they are exceptionally durable.
Thousand of cars,planes,trains boats and canoes will give way.
But the queens of the seas will stand.
You commented off the point he's trying to make.
A torpedo or naval mine can drown any size of ship, unless the ship's hull is impenetrable and such thickness of steel is not used in building commercial seagoing vessels.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
I want to run a shipping line and airline.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Cashify: 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
Really
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Jokkarm2: 6:41pm On Mar 28, 2021
My country how far for this kind thing? can we try it ?
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
Hmmmm!South Korea our 3rd world mate before cry cry
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by shegun4sur: 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2021
geesilver:
beautiful.... am very sure there is no harbour or sea port that can berth this vessel in Africa it can only be in Europe, America and Asia gradually we would get there

Lekki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian / Edmund Echukwu Dies At James Bond-Themed Sex Party In UK (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.