Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) (56911 Views)

World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) / The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / Container Ship Blocking Suez Canal Is Free After 6 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by poiZon: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
Explorers:
* 400 meters long, 60 meters wide, 70 meters high and costs over $140,000,000 ($140 million).

The Algeciras class is a class of container ships consisting of 12 vessels in total. The largest ships have a maximum theoretical capacity of 23,964 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU).

On the 23rd of April 2020, HMM, the 9th largest container shipping line in the world, became the latest title holder of the largest container vessel on the earth when they revealed “HMM Algeciras“, their first 24,000 TEU containership at a naming ceremony in Korea.

The First Lady of Korea, Mrs.Kim Jung-sook who served as godmother, cut the ropes and officially named the ship at a naming ceremony at DSME’s Okpo shipyard in Geoje, Korea.

“HMM Algeciras” is the first of twelve 24,000 TEU class vessels scheduled to be sequentially delivered until September 2020 out of a total of 20, with the balance 8 planned for delivery from second quarter of 2021 onwards.

https://www.shippingandfreightresource.com/hmm-algeciras-largest-container-vessel-on-earth/
This ship will carry half of LaGOs state...
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Dgr8hassiE(m): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
Felabrity:
This is like the Noah's Ark

Who dey build this things?
Human being.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Goziesolar: 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2021
LMS1:
I Do Envy This Koreans In Terms Of Devolopment.
Thats Why Their Leaders Are Often Rebellious To Other World Leaders Because They Are Almost Self Dependent;
Nuclear Power = Present
Industrialisation= Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Abcent
But Somewhere In Africa A Democratic Country Got Their President Posing With Cows
With An Old Refubished Helicopter That Was Imported From Benin Republic Thankgod Am Not Referring To My Dear Nigeria. grin
i think the post was about south korea which is a democracy and not the north

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2021
SmartyPants:

How many ships do you know of that have been sunk by torpedoes in the last 50 years?

constructive research should come before criticism.

Because no torpedo has been fired on any ship.

No ship can stand torpedoes, not even aircraft carriers, Nimitz Class.

All they do is launch counters.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Timetravel88: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2021
LMS1:
Thats Why Their Leaders Are Often Rebellious To Other World Leaders Because They Are Almost Self Dependent;
Nuclear Power = Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Abcent
But Somewhere In Africa A Democratic Country Got Their President Posing With Cows
With An Old Refubished Helicopter That Was Imported From Benin Republic Thankgod Am Not Referring To My Dear Nigeria. grin
Korea had to split to Northern Korea and Southern Korea. Southern Korea is the most developed and economically viable of the 2 countries. In Nigeria when we talk about the disintegration of the contraption it's probably people like you that will kick against it. A united Nigeria is a financial debt trap.

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by PHijo(m): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Goziesolar:
i think the post was about south korea which is a democracy and not the north

The North is called "democratic republic" even though it is not. Sometimes people confuse that.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Sonoyom(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

I guess u opened this for me right grin

Those containers I am counting are not more than 10000 (ten thousand), infact they can't be upto that...

How can a ship carry over 20000 containers... I guess it's a lie, they are lying to us....

It can't be true... No ship can even carry 10000 containers...

I have counted those containers and they are not upto to 10k sef
The day you will have the opportunity to enter the deck of a ship you will understand better.

4 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by jacoik(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
LMS1:
Nuclear Power = Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Abcent
lolxxxxx hahahaha as u don scatter the table finish, what's your gain now
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

Those containers I am counting are not more than 10000 (ten thousand), infact they can't be upto that...

How can a ship carry over 20000 containers... I guess it's a lie, they are lying to us....

It's 24000 twenty-foot equivalent units as in, it can carry 24000 containers that are 20 feet each. However, most of the containers it carried in the pictures are 40 feet containers, so if it's filled to maximum capacity with such, it will carry 12000 of such containers.

7 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by tonyashburton: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
Cold stout for you there!
Kennydoc:

It's 24000 twenty-foot equivalent units as in, it can carry 24000 containers that are 20 feet each. However, most of the containers it carried in the pictures are 40 feet containers, so if it's filled to maximum capacity with such, it will carry 12000 of such containers.

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
LMS1:
Nuclear Power = Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Abcent

Don't say what you don't know. Democracy is present in South Korea.

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2021
Things like this makes me weep for my dear continent, Africa.

3 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by pompeiimagnus: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:
Random thought: This big ship carrying thousands of container is like putting all your eggs in one basket. One Torpedo is all it takes to sink it I guess

#ConstructiveCriticism is allowed

Yeah very true, though these shipping companies usually don't joke with freight and cargo insurance. Also, metocean and weather conditions are usually carefully studied to plan their routes.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2021
Explorers:

Because no torpedo has been fired on any ship.

No ship can stand torpedoes, not even aircraft carriers, Nimitz Class.

All they do is launch counters.

That was my point. One does not mitigate against non-existent threats.

But even at that, it takes a whole lot to sink a destroyer let alone an aircraft carrier of the class of Nimitz.

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Chucks234: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

Oga calm down. I entered a ship in 2003 and it had 10000containers on board. Stop ignorance

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by blazebaba(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
[quote author=DenreleDave post=100264155]

I have counted those containers and they are not upto to 10k sef [/quote okay so wetin you dey tell me be say you get time count all dis container for this picture.....*how i wish rapture could just begin*...
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
This on the same day one country like that is celebrating another milestone as world headquarters of joblessness

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
NiklauseFred:
And one country in west Africa is busy celebrating the industrial production of pencil.
I shame for Africa as a whole. embarassed
.. It is still better than importing the Pencil ......better late than Never cool
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by teeboy100(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2021
cool
Sultty:
Buhari is a terrorist
cool
Sultty:
Buhari is a terrorist
ment
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Enoch07: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:
Random thought: This big ship carrying thousands of container is like putting all your eggs in one basket. One Torpedo is all it takes to sink it I guess

you see what too much movie has done to you?

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by CaptainFM1: 10:09pm On Mar 27, 2021
Lordbinsmar:
I love marine vehicles.....can't wait to start a master degree in naval architecture and marine engineering grin grin grin

*marine vessels
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by jaszplus12(m): 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:

Yep, you're right. But don't you think those thoughts were also on the minds of the designers, builders and eventually owners? But surely provocation isn't going to lead directly to torpedoing of this ship... after all, even with the destruction of the WTC taller buildings are still springing up... even close to enemy territory!!
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by IgboWarlord(m): 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
LMS1:
Nuclear Power = Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Abcent

Bros are you talking about South or North Korea?..I ask because of the following reasons:The self sufficient,developed Korea is the South and they are a FUNCTIONAL democracy and they have not had any rebellious leaders so to say since they split with the North after the Korean war...Then,the nuclear power Korea with a steady sucession of psycho rulerd from the same family for decades is the North.And they most certainly do not run a DEMOCRATIC government.Their citizenry is impoverished and they are in a police state,with majority of their funds going into their Nuclear program..Just to state the facts.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by loswhite(m): 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
Professorcplus:

Constructive criticism is usually required for constructive statements not beer parlor statements

2 Likes

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by ArcFresky(m): 10:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nigeria can never reach this level, ordinary small buses at berger bustop is so disorganized and chaotic, I don't think we can get anything right.

I have a property at Alagbole for sale #25million

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by CaptainFM1: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

Did you also count the containers in the twindeck & underdeck? Those containers you see there are only on the surface. There are more inside.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by kazybose: 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
Very Good, Pls I need someone to help me with ten thousand naira (#10000), U can send to 3068016280,FBN,ogunbowale kazeem olalekan,I want to use it to pay sch fees,God bless u back ijn
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by richmond500: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
kingemi:
This is interesting... Longer than Eiffel tower??
No be beans oo
u sef see am abi, that's a mad container ship
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by HacheNoire: 11:58pm On Mar 27, 2021
It has sailed past Majidun river in Ikorodu at some point
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by doubleZ88(m): 11:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

on d contrary.
u only counted d ones u saw at d top of d deck thereby missing the remaining thousands inside d deck. there are many others down to d base of the vessel.
apart from d fact dat i board those vessels for routine class surveys, I've watched a full video documentary of maersk triple E container vessel, quite same size as this and saw things for myself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by PigTormentor: 12:01am On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:
Nuclear Power = Present
Agriculture= Present
Military Power= Present
Democracy= Abcent

Mumus just be posting trash.
Can't even spell absent yet trying to make fun of a man that has achieved more than anyone in your tribe.
Mumu, South Korea has democracy, at least know what you are talking about before trying to make fun of anyone.
Lastly, this is South Korea, they are not rebellious to the world. It's very obvious that you got South and North Korea mixed up.
At the end of the day, you just made an ass of yourself by trying to show off someone.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by mobo76503: 12:08am On Mar 28, 2021
:Buhari is a terrorist ment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian / Edmund Echukwu Dies At James Bond-Themed Sex Party In UK (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.