Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

"You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer (44341 Views)

Singer Seyi Shay Gets Engaged (Video) / Seyi Shay Falls On Stage At AFRIMA 2017 While Performing (Video) / Meet The Gifted Guitar Playing Young Singer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by wale377(m): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2021
"You are never going to make money being a singer” - Seyi Shay tells 17-year-old who auditioned for Nigerian idol 2021

Watch here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-U-tX4enIA

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Kiddinpoh(m): 6:52am On Mar 29, 2021
To be very honest, Sheyi Shay was very harsh on that guy, but we also cannot deny the fact that the guy sang rubbish on that show... FTC on a Monday morning. cool cool

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Dalil8: 6:52am On Mar 29, 2021
What's a Seyi Shay?

Sorry don't know what that is
undecided

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by yungest(m): 6:52am On Mar 29, 2021
you try
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by ichommy(m): 6:52am On Mar 29, 2021
Only God knows what would have been the the fate of the likes of Terry G, Zlatan Ibile and Davido if they had to audition before Seyi Shay to attain stardom.

600 Likes 41 Shares

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by IgweOfNnewi: 6:53am On Mar 29, 2021
Ok
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Artbydris(m): 6:53am On Mar 29, 2021
Set awọn dream killers.

Anybody can make it anywhere, if they set their minds to it and realize what is best for them.

185 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by psalmmycapo(m): 6:53am On Mar 29, 2021
How much did u make?

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by lordsharks(m): 6:53am On Mar 29, 2021
Set awon nay sayers

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:53am On Mar 29, 2021
Think she meant something else.
There is money in music if your songs and genre are cool enough to fans

4 Likes

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by GIANTPLUSHUB: 6:53am On Mar 29, 2021
Mheen!
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by timocruzcmbb(m): 6:54am On Mar 29, 2021
Lol,heart breaking,I hate when someone told me I can’t do something, shocked

26 Likes

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54am On Mar 29, 2021
Seyi Shey : Quote : You have a good singing voice, but your performance is terrible.
(She should have simply stopped here), the below is not necessary at all.
'You are never going to make money as a singer."
'

We know some musicians with terrible voice that are making money singing, and we see some bus conductors with sweet sonorous voices shouting oshodi, oshodi, oshodi from morning to night.
This life na God and your destiny abeg.

(Haba! shocked)

[color=#006600][/color]
: 'Listen Shey, you aren't God.
ONLY God knows the future.'

These talent hunt judges should mind their speech when they are sitting on that seat.
Some of them are just too brutal with words.
And not everyone have thick skins like yours truly.
Some will go back home crying for weeks and seeing themselves as failures, only few will see that stumbling block as a ladder to greater heights.

Ion,

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by estyglam(m): 6:54am On Mar 29, 2021
Lol.... which kind talk be this one
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by inumidun2010(m): 6:54am On Mar 29, 2021
Party yaf SCATTER... And someone will be at home lying to the guy that he's better than Lionel Richie...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Terry44: 6:54am On Mar 29, 2021
angry

I'm surprised this apprentice in the music industry is made judge in a talent hunt like the 9ja idol.

Well to me she just did that boy a huge favour with what she said to him. One record label would assist him.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Enoch07: 6:54am On Mar 29, 2021
like her I guess

1 Like

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Tigolom: 6:55am On Mar 29, 2021
What has she sang? How many awards does she have?
She is stupid to look down on a very young boy that has room for improvement.

62 Likes

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by SEGLIZ: 6:55am On Mar 29, 2021
is it.
she is right, the guy won't make money being a singer but rather artist, a performing artist at that.
the so called judge I've never heard a track of her, only her mention here on nairaland like its being done now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Hardgun: 6:55am On Mar 29, 2021
Who is seyi Shay is she an actress

6 Likes

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by deebrain(m): 6:55am On Mar 29, 2021
Wrong.

I thought our generation has learnt a bit. But the glamour, the hype, social media et al, keeps deceiving us!

I want to believe it's all scripted. The acts of the judges in that show is just to generate some heat, and more interest in show, etc.

Seyi is a good singer and an authority in her field of singing. BUT SHE CANNOT (I think we should remember that) PREDICT WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW.

The next set of people that will shake this world, are presently struggling. Presently failing. Presently been judged that they are silly!

Life!

Ask the show host IK. Same experience some 20 or 25 years ago. The "judge" of he "will never make it as an anchor or broadcaster" is still alive today.

Won't say more.

By the way, great show. Very entertaining and hilarious!

15 Likes

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Nickshrapnel: 6:55am On Mar 29, 2021
Insensitive angry Why do some people set themselves up for insults? Or does she think there won’t be any backlash for making such comments. Even if the bloke is a bad singer, there are better ways to say what she intends to say.

10 Likes

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Olunmercy56(f): 6:55am On Mar 29, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Is she God?

4 Likes

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 29, 2021
Dalil8:
What's a Seyi Shay?

Sorry don't know what it is
undecided

then why are you here

ichommy:
Only God knows what would have been the the fate of the likes of Terry G, Zlatan Ibile and Davido if they had to audition before Seyi Shay to attain stardom.

I totally agree with you....The best comment so far.....

8 Likes

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Mindlog: 6:56am On Mar 29, 2021
Eyah.
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by ChocolateWine(f): 6:56am On Mar 29, 2021
The future is female grin

1 Like

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by adadike(f): 6:56am On Mar 29, 2021
That's too bad of you madam seyi. You did not just insult the boy but you also killed his moral.
There is good news though. Seyi is not God and will never be. The boy should take it as a challenge and prove her wrong as I implore great Naija artistes like phyno , flavour, Burna boy, Davido etc to please step into this case and mentor the boy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by franchasng: 6:57am On Mar 29, 2021
Nigerian ladies and wickedness. They are never considerate of other people's emotion when making their selfish decisions. They will go about forming innocent but not knowing that they have broken so many hearts unknowingly with their selfishness and inconsiderate lifestyle, lack of empathy. Just look at how she murdered the little boy's confidence in life. Same way they murder the confidence of innocent guys who approach them for a simple date without empathy angry

And look at her twisting her tongue twah twah to form Americana who can speak English more than Queen Elizabeth, what happened to speaking like a Nigerian just as Indian/Chinese/Arab women speak even though they have lived in US or UK for decades Foolish girl

31 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of My Twin Sister & I / Cossy Orjiakor Poses With Her Sister And Kids (Photos) / Queen Nwokoma Is Engaged To Prince Allison (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.