Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

I Got An Offer In Uk - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Got An Offer In Uk (7039 Views)

UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement / Do You Know This Girl , Please Report To Her Family, There Motor Just Got An Acc / Hi Guys, I Got An Invitation From A Company In China To Attend A Fair. What Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 9:04am On Mar 30, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:
Dear Nigerian Youths... the reason why you and this country will never go far is ARROGANCE. Arrogance is when you are ignorant and ignorant of the fact that you are ignorant and choose to Educate others in your ignorance!

No one even asked the OP what gave him the impetus to apply.

In the email screenshot, they gave him a waiver stating he can apply if he has lived in the UK for 12 months?!

Brothers, what if this guy has done a Masters degree there? My Masters took nearly 18 months!

There is so much you are IGNORANT of in this situation, including those of you currently in the UK.

How 'bout we all politely ask question and find out the way?!

Chai! Nigerian leaders have really done you guys in!

The only arrogant and ignorant person here is you and it’s actually embarrassing to see you writing this based on false assumptions.

The op has not lived in the UK and he did not mentioned that anywhere but some how you managed to write all this purely on assumptions.

Go and do a research and come back here to shame me and I will apologise for everything I have written here, show me any country In the world including corrupt police forces like Nigeria and Kenya where a foreigner is recruited to work as a police officer in that country.

In every city in the UK you can count in your fingers the number of black police officers. I mean black British born and raised. Let a lone a Nigerian who was not born or grew up in the UK.

6 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 9:05am On Mar 30, 2021
claremont:

The military no longer recruits from overseas, that route has since closed. Commonwealth applicants have to be in the country legally to be eligible to join the military.

Thanks for pointing that out. I don’t even know that that route is closed too

2 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by TheGreatIYANU: 9:21am On Mar 30, 2021
justwise:

The op has not lived in the UK and he did not mentioned that anywhere but some how you managed to write all this purely on assumptions...

Justwise, you are a respected person on this forum and this drivel will not stop my respect for you. However see your quote in bold...

You accept the FACT that the OP has not mentioned anything. He keeps saying he will not state further details. He has stated his reason for opening this thread but naija mentality will not allow you people let him 'drop his cup'.

1. Do you know his current Country of residence?

2. Do you know his NATIONALITY(IES)?

3. If the UK police replied his email and he is asking for LIVING CONDITIONS in the UK, is this a CRIME? Has he scammed anyone?

I'm actually disappointed that you carried naija mentality to the land of the Queen. The little exposure I had there has made me open minded and taught me to ASK.

How about you simply answer his questions, wish him well or simply ignore?

Well I rest my case in this issue. OP, I have no interest in becoming a Police Officer whether in UK or anywhere else but I wish you well.

Keep us updated.

7 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 9:48am On Mar 30, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

Justwise, you are a respected person on this forum and this drivel will not stop my respect for you. However see your quote in bold...

You accept the FACT that the OP has not mentioned anything. He keeps saying he will not state further details. He has stated his reason for opening this thread but naija mentality will not allow you people let him 'drop his cup'.

3. If the UK police replied his email and he is asking for LIVING CONDITIONS in the UK, is this a CRIME? Has he scammed anyone?

I'm actually disappointed that you carried naija mentality to the land of the Queen. The little exposure I had there has made me open minded and taught me to ASK.

Well I rest my case in this issue. OP, I have no interest in becoming a Police Officer whether in UK or anywhere else but I wish you well.

Keep us updated.

The only person with the annoying Nigerian mentality here is your very self, its ignorant to make statement of fact based on assumptions.

You are far from open minded, a simple research would have educated you more THEN you can make an informed argument.

As for your respect for me? Look for a bin close to you and do the right thing.

I disagree with a whole bunch of people here, that doesn't mean that i don't respect them anymore, it simply means that we don't share the same opinion on that particular issue.

5 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by TheGreatIYANU: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2021
justwise:

The only person with the annoying Nigerian mentality here is your very self, its ignorant to make statement of fact based on assumptions.

You are far from open minded, a simple research would have educated you more THEN you can make an informed argument.

As for your respect for me? Look for a bin close to you and do the right thing.

I disagree with a whole bunch of people here, that doesn't mean that i don't respect them anymore, it simply means that we don't share the same opinion on that particular issue.

TWO THUMBS UP

3 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by emmyN(m): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2021
moonbender:

Lol. You and others can't press my button. The button don spoil since.

I assumed this is a forum where people learn from. And I thought people's responses would go a long way in educating others who want to tow same path as me.

But since it was a bad idea, I rest my case.

Once again, you and those like you can't press my button.

And that includes sending you a PM and making enquires, then you take it up from there. You've stated your intent.

3 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2021
moonbender:

Thank you jor my brother.

How will they scam me when they didn't request for any money to be paid until I got to this final stage of making my self available in the UK for the final process? Just that bad belle that exists in this country won't make people take their time to read very well before commenting.

May God open doors of favour for all of us.

Even at that stage you are not supposed to pay a penny if this is genuine job opportunity, in the UK you don't pay to get a job, even recruitment agencies don't charge.

2 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Tats(m): 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

Keep us updated.

Sometimes, one can make inferences from what someone posts.

As per nationality, there are mainly three scenarios relevant here for the job in terms of rights to work.
Either the OP is British, Irish or a foreigner with a right to live and work in the UK. These are the primary ways that you can work in the UK. If the OP was one of these, he could easily hop on a plane here and all the long story of processing travel easily as contained in the screenshot posted will not be necessary.

I recognise that the OP was asking for information on what it is to be a Police Officer in the UK but the post generated no positive response to the question. Anyway, while it may be prestigious to be a Police Officer, it is not fun here and can be frustrating as many a times, they need to restrain themselves a lot in what they say to people or how they handle situations. I will give you an example with the Spanish police. I was watching a programme in which some UK lads went to Megaluf in Spain on a drunken spree and when one of them was misbehaving on the street, a Spanish police officer was cautioning him. Then one of his mates came to them and started insulting the Police officer. The Spanish policeman gave the British lad a very dirty slap and that was a shocker to him. He wasn't expecting it as no Police officer in the UK would dare to do that even in the face of being taunted. He quickly realised that this was not the UK and walked away and that was it.

3 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by DAramis: 3:51am On Mar 31, 2021
Tats:

The Spanish policeman gave the British lad a very dirty slap and that was a shocker to him. He wasn't expecting it as no Police officer in the UK would dare to do that even in the face of being taunted. He quickly realised that this was not the UK and walked away and that was it.
grin grin grin shocked shocked grin

The British lad should thank his forefathers that it was not even in Nigeria. Otherwise, the appropriate right mode should have been 2 dirty slap cheesy

Anyway, he learnt a very valid lesson about respecting other people's culture and being responsible when outside his home.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by MufasaLion: 7:20am On Mar 31, 2021
DAramis:

grin grin grin shocked shocked grin

The British lad should thank his forefathers that it was not even in Nigeria. Otherwise, the appropriate right mode should have been 2 dirty slap cheesy

Anyway, he learnt a very valid lesson about respecting other people's culture and being responsible when outside his home.

He would have been shot dead in Nigeria especially if he's looking rich.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by The5DME(m): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2021
Op no well.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by TheGreatIYANU: 8:52am On Mar 31, 2021
Tats:

Sometimes, one can make inferences from what someone posts...

Excellent matured reply. Lol @ the British lad and Spanish Cop story.

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by DAramis: 10:05am On Mar 31, 2021
MufasaLion:

He would have been shot dead in Nigeria especially if he's looking rich.
True if he is British ( with black origin) but on the long run, Nigerian police tends to respect foreigners more than we citizens living inside the country with them.

You hardly hear of such treatment melted out to other foreigners (but they rather hold umbrella, open car doors, carry handbag etc) but once you are black and your intonation has Nigerian written all over it, forget it, they must try to oppress you
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by MufasaLion: 10:14am On Mar 31, 2021
DAramis:

True if he is British ( with black origin) but on the long run, Nigerian police tends to respect foreigners more than we citizens living inside the country with them.

You hardly hear of such treatment melted out to other foreigners (but they rather hold umbrella, open car doors, carry handbag etc) but once you are black and your intonation has Nigerian written all over it, forget it, they must try to oppress you

Exactly!. Failed system!
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Olalekank(m): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hi moonbender
How’s this going?
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by AgentGoat: 2:51pm On May 23, 2021
moonbender how far?
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Beenkay(f): 11:51am On May 24, 2021
Op please come back and tell us how it's going, or have you moved to the UK? Have you started working?
Your audience is waiting for you to come conclude this thread you started
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by itsmolep(m): 12:40pm On May 24, 2021
Beenkay:
Op please come back and tell us how it's going, or have you moved to the UK? Have you started working?

Make una no disturb OP na, he dey police academy grin
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Raph82(m): 5:58pm On May 24, 2021
OP, e no go funny at all o, if upon all dis bash wey u dey bash everybody for here, unto say dis UK police thing sure for u die, reality com dey later tear u for face. Where u won hide ur face
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by kellycute(m): 5:11pm On May 26, 2021
Beenkay:
you like story wella lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Evolving City Of Uyo / I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... / Arik Air Is A Hoax And A Scam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.