Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

I Got An Offer In Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Got An Offer In Uk (7062 Views)

UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement / Do You Know This Girl , Please Report To Her Family, There Motor Just Got An Acc / Hi Guys, I Got An Invitation From A Company In China To Attend A Fair. What Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 8:59am On Mar 29, 2021
Hi guys

Pls if you reside in the UK kindly give some advise.

I applied for a Policing job with Thames Valley Police in the UK in 2019. Initially it was rejected, but just 2 days ago I received a mail from them with an offer.

Pls tell me how its like working as a Police officer in the UK. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Lalasticlala pls move to front page. Thanks
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Bornsinner7: 9:03am On Mar 29, 2021
Ok
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 9:09am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:
Hi guys

Pls if you reside in the UK kindly give some advise.

I applied for a Policing job with Thames Valley Police in the UK in 2019. Initially it was rejected, but just 2 days ago I received a mail from them with an offer.

Pls tell me how its like working as a Police officer in the UK. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Lalasticlala pls move to front page. Thanks

grin grin grin grin, is this a joke?

Tell me you haven;t paid anyone for this?

3 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 9:15am On Mar 29, 2021
justwise:

grin grin grin grin, is this a joke?

Tell me you haven;t paid anyone for this?

I didn't pay anyone.

I applied directly to the Thames Valley Police platform.

And this is not a joke.

Thanks
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

I didn't pay anyone.

I applied directly to the Thames Valley Police platform.

And this is not a joke.

Thanks

Ok..

1. Are you currently living in Nigeria?

2. Were you interview for this job?

3.What website did you apply from?

I'm asking you these questions because i have never read or heard that the UK police recruits from outside the UK. let alone a non citizen

7 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Heroulo: 9:27am On Mar 29, 2021
Following. Op you must tell us how this ends

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by MufasaLion: 9:38am On Mar 29, 2021
I doubt this!
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by HotPoundedYam(m): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2021
interesting
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 9:57am On Mar 29, 2021
justwise:

Ok..

1. Are you currently living in Nigeria?

2. Were you interview for this job?

3.What website did you apply from?

I'm asking you these questions because i have never read or heard that the UK police recruits from outside the UK. let alone a non citizen

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. https://www.joiningthepolice.co.uk
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2021
See my screenshot

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by delex004(m): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. https://www.joiningthepolice.co.uk

please what's the requirement for application?

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 10:26am On Mar 29, 2021
justwise:
See my screenshot

Will you stop countering and ask how to apply?

You need to know people have connects.

And take a proper look at the requirements again aside the "you must be a UK citizen"

Or you didn't see the "or" if you are a foreign national and have no restriction in living and working g in the UK?

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 10:29am On Mar 29, 2021
delex004:

please what's the requirement for application?

You should be a citizen or have no restriction to live in the UK. And you do not necessarily need a degree to apply.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by delex004(m): 10:30am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

You should be a citizen or have no restriction to live in the UK. And you do not necessarily need a degree to apply.

please
Who will sponsor visa and flight ?
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

And take a proper look at the requirements again aside the "you must be a UK citizen"

Or you didn't see the "or" if you are a foreign national and have no restriction in living and working g in the UK?

Connection indeed, connection does not work here as this is not Nigeria, you need to be a citizen , EU national or ILR holder to be eligible .

Have you ever seen any police authority around the world recruiting a foreigner who doesn’t reside in that country legally with right to work?

Only military does that

Come back here to tell us after wasting your money on the process.

6 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Mindlog: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

Have "connects" to join a foreign police force in a Country like the UK?

Continue to live in denial that you are on path that would end at a brickwall and probably some money scamned off you.

9 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 11:03am On Mar 29, 2021
justwise:

Connection indeed, connection does not work here as this is not Nigeria, you need to be a citizen , EU national or ILR holder to be eligible .

Have you ever seen any police authority around the world recruiting a foreigner who doesn’t reside in that country legally with right to work?

Only military does that

Come back here to tell us after wasting your money on the process.

Okay sir.

I'm still wondering why this is paining you though.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 11:04am On Mar 29, 2021
Mindlog:

Have "connects" to join a foreign police force in a Country like the UK?

Continue to live in denial that you are on path that would end at a brickwall and probably some money scamned off you.

Okay sir.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Draslo(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2021
Nice. You could build up a career from Scotland Yard to MI6
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2021
Draslo:

Exactly.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by MufasaLion: 11:29am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

Okay sir.

You're among the gullible, ignoramus, arrogant and desperate Nigerians finding all means just to touch a foreign soil. UK IS NOT NIGERIA!

Listen to justwise advise!

2 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2021
MufasaLion:

You're among the gullible, ignoramus, arrogant and desperate Nigerians finding all means just to touch a foreign soil. UK IS NOT NIGERIA!

Listen to justwise advise!

Okay sir. You and justwise knows it all.

I'm not desperate, and I'm enlightened enough to know wrong from right.

Thanks for commenting though.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 11:33am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

Okay sir.

Paining me? grin grin grin i'm just making sure that other gullible people here like yourself doesn't fail for this, already someone is asking for your number.

I don't need police job, about two years ago they were actively advertising it both on TV, town centers and some workplaces encouraging us to apply

2 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 11:33am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

Okay sir. You and justwise knows it all.

I'm not desperate, and I'm enlightened enough to know wrong from right.

Thanks for commenting though.

I'm not sure about that
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

Paining me? grin grin grin i'm just making sure that other gullible people here like yourself doesn't fail for this, already someone is asking for your number.

I don't need police job, about two years ago there were actively advertising it both on TV, town centers and some workplaces encouraging us to apply

Okay sir.

You are noticed.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2021
Draslo:

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2021
For the records

I didn't create this post to request financial assist or telling people to apply through me.

I created this to know the advantages and disadvantages of working in the UK as a police officer which I've been offered offer already. The only thing I need to do is to be in the country and the process of application is complete.

I wonder why in a platform like this where there are millions of people, just a pinch of such would be acting like they known it all and have seen it all.

I don't need to show you too much details as per the job since I'm not soliciting for funds.

If you know what you know, keep it. Don't trample on peoples experiences and what they know too.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Quelme: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:
For the records

I didn't create this post to request financial assist or telling people to apply through me.

I created this to know the advantages and disadvantages of working in the UK as a police officer which I've been offered offer already. The only thing I need to do is to be in the country and the process of application is complete.

I wonder why in a platform like this where there are millions of people, just a pinch of such would be acting like they known it all and have seen it all.

I don't need to show you too much details as per the job since I'm not soliciting for funds.

If you know what you know, keep it. Don't trample on peoples experiences and what they know too.

checking the site currently. Looks real....

If you know what you want, go for it.... Do not be deterred by those naysayers....

3 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2021
Quelme:
checking the site currently. Looks real....

If you know what you want, go for it.... Do not be deterred by those naysayers....

I'll send the direct site to Thames Valley Police HQ.

www.tvpcareers.co.uk
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Quelme: 11:45am On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:
For the records

The residency part though, I don't understand that part.

"Applicants must have resided in the UK for three continuous years immediately prior to application"

But please send me the direct site.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 11:50am On Mar 29, 2021
Quelme:
The residency part though, I don't understand that part.

"Applicants must have resided in the UK for three continuous years immediately prior to application"

But please send me the direct site.

From the mail sent. There is a waiver of 2 years. This means you should have lived in the UK for 12months.

However, I am getting a direct entry and the 1 year won't be an issue.

Check the image attached.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

People Afraid of Flying: What Remedy? / Ukraine OR Russia? / Is It True Goergia Has Stop Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.