Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi (24825 Views)

By law, the 25 Rivers Assembly lawmakers have lost their seats - Falana / Wike: APC Lawmakers Have Planned Coup, They Know Consequences / Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Tobbit: 7:32am On Mar 31, 2021
So, Shell Petroleum is out with an exclusive information.. It's a clause within the PIB Bill that is aimed at granting Dangote the sole right to export crude out of the Country... Imagine. Time for another protest Nigerians. Spread the word. Let's kill this bill before it sees the light of the day...
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Tobbit: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2021
So, Shell Petroleum is out with an exclusive information.. It's a clause within the PIB Bill that is aimed at granting Dangote the sole right to export crude out of the Country... Imagine. Time for another protest Nigerians. Spread the word. Let's kill this bill before it sees the light of the day..
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Ashinze: 7:35am On Mar 31, 2021
But you said in your interview that there is nothing wrong in selling nigeria sovereignty to China, you this stupid and foolish guy
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by tivity101: 7:36am On Mar 31, 2021
Ugh.

All of these loans they are collecting from foreign nations hope they stay alive to pay up these debts. Because you can't keep collecting invincible loans thereby pilliing debts for generations yet unborn to pay.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by stampedconcrete: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2021
PDP does not know opposition i swear. imagine this shiit happened during PDP reign, these guys would have instigated the youths to start a revolution. AHHHHh borrow money to fund railway into another country. Never heard such madness even in fiction novels.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Advocate500: 7:40am On Mar 31, 2021
How do I tell my children that this compound fool went Niger republic to beg them so that Nigeria can build rail lines for them, down eastern region there is no railway connection between the west and the east, which have more direct economic viability, unlike that of Chad republic and Niger, which economic prospects remains a daydream.
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by misterjosh(m): 7:41am On Mar 31, 2021
You have to borrow money to construct projects, yet you are telling us that went out to beg another country for you to construct railway for them... How does this look like the decisions of intelligent people na undecided
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Pacesetter123(m): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2021
What is the minister trying to say? That House of Rep shouldn't have asked questions or what? So they should have just accepted the loan agreement without any scrutiny to know weda the future of Nigeria's generation is being sold out to the lender or not?
You can imagine that!
God bless the NASS on this one for their good work in stopping the mortgaging of our future.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by BigBashiru: 7:46am On Mar 31, 2021
Racoon:

https://dailytrust.com/chinese-loan-selfish-lawmakers-have-put-nigeria-in-jeopardy-amaechi

i dont really believe building of rail is this expensive.... its expensive but i dont believe it is this expensive....

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by BigBashiru: 7:49am On Mar 31, 2021
quentin06:

Don't blame him blame the citizens who tolerate bad leadership, serves them right.
the citizens are just as bad as their leaders....
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by flokii: 7:50am On Mar 31, 2021
But this same Amaechi was criticizing PDP for taking loans back then.. the man is really dumb not to know the legal implications of allowing "sovereignty clause" in the loan deal with China.

First, you take loan from China to import all materials, equipment and everything from China, then give the main jobs to Chinese contractors who use Nigerians for cheap labour earning a meagre sum of #30,000 or less per month. Yet you still see nothing wrong in mortgaging Nigeria's future with an unnecessary clause simply because you want to get loans and kickbacks from contractors.

Amaechi isn't fit to hold any public office in this country and in saner climes, he should have resigned long time ago.
Nigeria with terrible leaders who place selfish interests before national interest.

See the imb.ecile talking as if it's a personal loan he is collecting that Nigerians have no say in.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by poiZon: 7:52am On Mar 31, 2021
Racoon:

https://dailytrust.com/chinese-loan-selfish-lawmakers-have-put-nigeria-in-jeopardy-amaechi

So what happened to the currency swap deal with china that buhari and lai were jubilating about that year?
Isnt it time they put it into use than borrowing?
Wahala dey like nepa light, it comes when u no need am

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by ransomed: 7:52am On Mar 31, 2021
Rotimi, I am with the lawmakers on this.what is the usefulness of the loans you made your principal to obtain to Nigerians?
You want to sell Nigeria to the benefit Niger Republic?
To hell with you, your principal and those Chinese.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by barragan: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2021
Sometime I wonder why are bother to read opinions from lots of you. You are rude and ignorant people for the most part.
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Reference(m): 7:55am On Mar 31, 2021
Mr Amaechi the National Assembly did their job on this matter by exposing the inner workings and intents of that deal and the fact that the Chinese find this repugnant shows all is not well.
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Tcwork: 7:59am On Mar 31, 2021
Whenever I see people posting videos and pictures of the new rail, my heart breaks.
These rail projects are one of the worst things our government could do to us.
We take loans to build rails. The rails continue to be run at a loss and are very expensive for the average Nigerian and we would pay back the loans with interest.
Still we want to continue with the rail project.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by flokii: 8:00am On Mar 31, 2021
BigBashiru:

i dont really believe building of rail is this expensive.... its expensive but i dont believe it is this expensive....

If you know the level of corruption going on with the rail projects, you'd be heartbroken.

The cost being quoted for locomotive rail lines in Nigeria is tripple that of fast metro rails in developed countries.

The reason China took interest in Africa is corruption. In China, they execute corrupt public office holders but the same Chinese go to other countries with corrupt office holders to give loans and milk their economies.

I am with the lawmakers on this even though they also have their flaws but nobody should be allowed to mortgage the future of our kids to China.

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by engrchykae(m): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2021
Racoon:
Guess it is the economically unviable railway project this man said he was begging Niger Republic to do for them @ Nigeria's expense that have now put Nigeria in jeopardy?

Not even the chronic senseless and economically unviable borrowings and debt pillage the Buhari govt have embarked upon? Both Amaechi, the NASS and the FG are mad.His scammed and failed $50M PH monorail project comes into mind.
is that his monorail still standing?
Amaechi is a disgrace to his generations
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by engrchykae(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2021
Skyfornia:
Cut down the cost of governance...they won't do it but they keep on borrowing to fund their excessive lifestyles.

The youths are the victims and problems...many of us will keep supporting them and suffering.
tinubu warned against cutting cost of governance
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by 2shaw: 8:13am On Mar 31, 2021
I think I can now rem how my iPhone 11 was stolen from my pocket. Chai.i Bleep up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RLfUNhhm0g
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Blueblood78: 8:32am On Mar 31, 2021
e be like sey amechi sense don dey come small small
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 31, 2021
All this whinny won't help, just be ready to get recolonized by the chinese and I can assure you they are more brutal than the British.
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by observanc1: 8:35am On Mar 31, 2021
PenuelFarms:
So Ebute Metta to Apapa Port is 45 km, according to Rotimi Amaechi.

Are these locations the same ones we know in Lagos or those in Ikwerre land?
i think he wanted to say 4.5 kilometers, because on google map, ebute metta to apapa is 4.2 km

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by rita25(f): 8:42am On Mar 31, 2021
AMEASHIT PLS RESPECT YOURSELF.......DOUBLE FACED MAN........ARE YOU NOT PART OF THE CHINA ISSUE EVEN THRU THE RAIL SYSTEM
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Horus(m): 8:53am On Mar 31, 2021
Stop borrowing money
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Godbless3(m): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2021
Nigeria need to be divided.

When will we ever have a railway from north to south or east, from west to south or east?
Every rail is west to north.
Maybe when we stop eating cow from the north.
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by onuman: 9:02am On Mar 31, 2021
That one be una business.

Up Oduduwa Republic
Up Biafra.
Oduduwa National Guard in pics.

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by amazingspiderma: 9:02am On Mar 31, 2021
Law makers did well, Nigerians need to know what this government is getting us into.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 31, 2021
Keep borrowing from Chinese... Instead of looking into strong sources of internal revenue generation una dey sell out to China. Then una go die leave wahala for the future generations to come. Amaechi, FG, NASS,APC, PDP all of them are mad bastards
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Litmus: 9:23am On Mar 31, 2021
Odobaone:
Convert this figure to Naira. You will understand why WIZKID prefer Ghana to Naija

Stupid logic. Actually, extra stupid logic!

Find better ways of advertising you country Ghana.
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by Ayomi4u2: 9:32am On Mar 31, 2021
I dnt think u hv full understanding of what u read....... Go via it again and see hw stupid amachi his
GIANTPLUSHUB:
What the ministers did was right naaaw. It's to caution us from borrowing, borrowing, borrowing alot yet we just have little things to show for it.
I dnt think u hv full understanding of what u read....... Go via it again and see hw stupid amachi his
GIANTPLUSHUB:
What the ministers did was right naaaw. It's to caution us from borrowing, borrowing, borrowing alot yet we just have little things to show for it.
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Re: Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi by PHijo(m): 9:49am On Mar 31, 2021
HacheNoire:

What jeopardy did Ameachi put Rivers? Seems you have forgotten so soon. His giant strides in education will he forever be remembered for.

He had big dreams for port harcourt. Started the metroline wike has failed to complete.

And how about security, Is port harcourt of today safer than during Ameachi's reign?

Please dont let hate make you blind. He had his flaws right being human. But he was far more better, learned and a leader.

Please, please, please, Amaechi is at best a mediocre. He cost my state so much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks / Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West / Nigerian Soldiers Worshipping God In The Northeast: VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.