Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Starting a small business - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Starting a small business (2000 Views)

Pains Of A Man With A Small Dick!!! / Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? / Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2021
Please how can one start a small dried catfish delivery business in Lagos?
Re: Starting a small business by Bornsinner7: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2021
Well.. since you pointed out that you're the bread winner of your family I would suggest you go for the 350k job..

But the question is can you cope with the job?? I don't live in Lagos so I basically have no idea of the distance of the job from your residence.. but from your detailing it seem to be stressful and far...

If you're able to cope with it.. then you should opt in for the job.. cuz right now the family needs that money more..

Your husband is there to manage the kids or like you suggested you can look for a caregiver who will take care of the kids..

I can never understand how hard it is for you now especially as a mother but the kids need the finance too as much as they need the motherly care

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting a small business by MufasaLion: 10:27am On Apr 01, 2021
Get the 350k job. It will make your savings increase and also relieve your husband's. You prefer the 70k job because it gives you enough time to spend with family and also it's 12days per month. What if you lose that 70k job?.

350k job is worth it a million times. You can do it and decide to resign after a year or 2 if you feel you can start up a business along the line.

3 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 01, 2021
Dear pinkydaisy,

I understand your fears of leaving your kids in the hands of a housekeeper, BUT I will advise you take the 350k offer...

You can work there for 3yrs and save some good amount to start up a business that would make you spend some quality time with your family.

Do this in support of your husband to lessen the financial burden on him.

4 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by RealLordZeus(m): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2021
If your side hustles can get you between 100-150k monthly. Stick with the 70k job.

At the end of the day, it is all about family

6 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2021
MufasaLion:
Get the 350k job. It will make your savings increase and also relieve your husband's. You prefer the 70k job because it gives you enough time to spend with family and also it's 12days per month. What if you lose that 70k job?.

350k job is worth it a million times. You can do it and decide to resign after a year or 2 if you feel you can start up a business along the line.

Thank you for you input.
Re: Starting a small business by MufasaLion: 10:32am On Apr 01, 2021
pinkydaisy:

Thank you for you input.

You're welcome
Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2021
RealLordZeus:
If your side hustles can get you between 100-150k monthly. Stick with the 70k job.

At the end of the day, it is all about family

Thank you.
My side hustle is really small.
Re: Starting a small business by Dollywood(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2021
Some questions people ask on nairaland sometimes just baffles me. angry

1 Like

Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2021
Dollywood:
Some questions people ask on nairaland sometimes just baffles me. angry

Thanks for your input but remember - Not everybody is like you. Sometimes, people are confused about so called little things.

4 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2021
JidennaJason:
Dear pinkydaisy,

I understand your fears of leaving your kids in the hands of a housekeeper, BUT I will advise you take the 350k offer...

You can work there for 3yrs and save some good amount to start up a business that would make you spend some quality time with your family.

Do this in support of your husband to lessen the financial burden on him.

Thanks for your input.
Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Well.. since you pointed out that you're the bread winner of your family I would suggest you go for the 350k job..

But the question is can you cope with the job?? I don't live in Lagos so I basically have no idea of the distance of the job from your residence.. but from your detailing it seem to be stressful and far...

If you're able to cope with it.. then you should opt in for the job.. cuz right now the family needs that money more..

Your husband is there to manage the kids or like you suggested you can look for a caregiver who will take care of the kids..

I can never understand how hard it is for you now especially as a mother but the kids need the finance too as much as they need the motherly care

Thank you very much.
Re: Starting a small business by Klass99(f): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2021
smiley

6 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by Heroulo: 10:48am On Apr 01, 2021
Also the part of transport, there is a Jetty at ikorodu, you can also consider this to reduce travel time

1 Like

Re: Starting a small business by ITbomb(m): 10:58am On Apr 01, 2021
As I see it

The major investment to reap later is your children, so to get the 70k job will position them better in life to acquire all that you denied yourself

However, psychological issues due to inadequate resources might arise (tension and anxiety in the family)

How much can you make during the 14 days off, to compliment your 70k?
How much is your husband bringing to the table?

On the other end
It takes 5 months of 70k to make 350k.
Taking out transportation and other logistics, you might still have 250k left, and that will provide for your family

My verdict
Buhari is not going anywhere till 2023, so get the 350k job and clear some family bills while saving as much as you can.
You can afford better school with better environment for your children and use Sundays to appraise them since you have already bonded well, they will be more prone to carry on your instructions when you are not around.
You can use phone, video calls to be checking on them.
I assume, a company paying 350k should have free WiFi so you only subscribe for house mifi
Re: Starting a small business by Barbiturate(m): 10:59am On Apr 01, 2021
From your write-up, you already know the option your heart wants, but I guess you just want to seal it more with people's opinion.

My Advice: If you have the power for the stress and you want to be "submissive" to your husband, and you want to uplift your family financially, then take up the 350k job.

Forget about not seeing your kids till Sunday. Seeing your kids on Sunday and playing with them and all, will make up for the other days. Some don't even get to see their kids in weeks and months. The good thing is; you're not breastfeeding.
Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 11:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Klass99:
Dear Daisy,

Even the good book says money answereth all things. cheesy

You still have school fees to pay, as those children grow older, and things are not getting cheaper or better in our country.

While I understand and appreciate your desire plus efforts so far, to bond with your kids and raise them well, you and hubby need to decide what's best for your family.

Pls may I ask what part of Lekki? Have you been to the company, do they look like a healthy organization that can pay salaries?

Lekki 1 in particular is notorious for companies that look good on the website but have trouble paying salaries as and when due. This has happened to a dear friend, so pls do your due diligence.

Have you even prayed about this discussed it with your hubby? What was his take on it?

Thanks a lot.

The company is a good one, I got referral from a dear friend.
I have prayed, I don't know why I still have fear of leaving my kids, maybe because I have experienced it before.
I have discussed with hubby, he wants us to take the job.
Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 11:16am On Apr 01, 2021
Barbiturate:
From your write-up, you already know the option your heart wants, but I guess you just want to seal it more with people's opinion.

My Advice: If you have the power for the stress and you want to be "submissive" to your husband, and you want to uplift your family financially, then take up the 350k job.

Forget about not seeing your kids till Sunday. Seeing your kids on Sunday and playing with them and all, will make up for the other days. Some don't even get to see their kids in weeks and months. The good thing is; you're not breastfeeding.

Thank you, I appreciate.
Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 11:18am On Apr 01, 2021
Heroulo:
Also the part of transport, there is a Jetty at ikorodu, you can also consider this to reduce travel time

Ok, thanks a lot.
Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 11:21am On Apr 01, 2021
ITbomb:
As I see it

The major investment to reap later is your children, so to get the 70k job will position them better in life to acquire all that you denied yourself

However, psychological issues due to inadequate resources might arise (tension and anxiety in the family)

How much can you make during the 14 days off, to compliment your 70k?
How much is your husband bringing to the table?

On the other end
It takes 5 months of 70k to make 350k.
Taking out transportation and other logistics, you might still have 250k left, and that will provide for your family

My verdict
Buhari is not going anywhere till 2023, so get the 350k job and clear some family bills while saving as much as you can.
You can afford better school with better environment for your children and use Sundays to appraise them since you have already bonded well, they will be more prone to carry on your instructions when you are not around.
You can use phone, video calls to be checking on them.
I assume, a company paying 350k should have free WiFi so you only subscribe for house mifi

Great. Thanks a million,God bless you.
Re: Starting a small business by Richy4(m): 11:37am On Apr 01, 2021
What about saving for at least 3-5 months, than relocate someplace cheaper and closer to your work place and still make use of house help.. with that, it won't be much of a distance to cover....

4 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by Klass99(f): 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by Pochettino(f): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
Ikorodu to Lekki takes just 10mins via boat. You can spend quality time with your family while earning well.

1 Like

Re: Starting a small business by thorpido(m): 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
What does your hubby do?How much time does he have on his hands?
He should do more of spending that time with the kids,their upbringing, education and filling up with their needs.

You should take the N350k job.You need the funds ...for the family.
You can have an exit plan maybe in the next 2-3yrs while you save money to start something on your own later.

2 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by Klass99(f): 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
smiley
Re: Starting a small business by ThothHermes: 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
pinkydaisy:

Thanks a lot.
As I grow in age and wisdom. I come to realize more and more that money is not everything.

The company is a good one, I got referral from a dear friend.
I have prayed, I don't know why I still have fear of leaving my kids, maybe because I have experienced it before.
Your fear is legitimate. If you are away from your kids for that long, demons, Hollywood, and the Internet will probably disciple them. grin
I have discussed with hubby, he wants us to take the job.
A man is wired to want to see his family adequately catered for. Naturally, he would support any development that brings more money to the home.

The highest proof of motherhood is sacrifice (Apostle Selman)
Your maternal instincts are fighting. They won't stop fighting even if you take the job.
The bible ajures women to submit to their husbands so I guess you have to take the job. Na that one you take hold God now.
What you should do now is to intensify prayers for your kids as you take your new job.
Re: Starting a small business by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
I feel you should go for the 70k offer.

The truth is, in some years into the future, you will still be blamed for not being there for your children and husband.
This same man might come here and create a thread that he is sex starved or something.
And to be honest, the kids will not remember the payment of any school fees. Only the person who was emotionally there for them. It's worse for a woman.

Your husband should make up for the rest of it. we are being honest. Call me old fashioned, but I still believe in gender roles in the family.

3 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
Everyone, thank you so much for your honest replies. God bless you all.

Believe it or not, after reading through all these posts, a strange kind of peace came over me.

I called my hubby and we discussed at length and even started planing ahead.

I will surely come back here to encourage someone else too sometime soon.

Most times, I believe God speaks through people.

May the will of God be done.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate.

Once again, God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Starting a small business by Abilistic(m): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
Very daisy......

Follow your heart but use your brain!
Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
Abilistic:
Very daisy......

Follow your heart but use your brain!

I will.
Thank you.
Re: Starting a small business by Dollywood(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2021
pinkydaisy:

Thanks for your input but remember - Not everybody is like you. Sometimes, people are confused about so-called little things.

Connect me to that 350k job, that 70k is okay for you. You will have to spend more time with your family.

1 Like

Re: Starting a small business by pinkydaisy(f): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2021
Dollywood:

Connect me to that 350k job, that 70k is okay for you. You will have to spend more time with your family.

It is well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Sex As A Couple During 'fasting And Prayer' Invalidate The Prayer? / Am I Gay ? / Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.