Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much (1124 Views)

Did Your Family Use This Plate & Tray? (Throwback Photo) / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? / How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Havesomesense(m): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2021
My Father's advice to me most of the time is to hold on to God
but my life style is sophisticated
What Advice Do you cherish the most from your father ?

1 Like

Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Emperormartin(m): 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Don't spend your money on alcohol

1 Like

Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by donbachi(m): 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
That i should never expect much from people.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by StPete: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
Never sleep with another man's wife

Never go to an exam on empty stomach.

God rest your soul dad cry

3 Likes

Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by ThiagoKid(m): 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
Every damn nights, my dad advices me about life and, women solipsistic nature in particular!

The only way i can pay him back, is not to get married to any woman at all...

Men are really suffering, from the part of where i am typing from.
...and yes, they deserve to suffer! tongue

1 Like

Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by culf: 12:52am On Apr 03, 2021
I was told not to follow woman when I'm suppose to be developing myself or doing something, else if I fail, the lady will leave me for a better guy but if I can forget about women, do what I'm suppose to do, tomorrow the ladies will be the ones coming to woo me.
perfect advise.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Bola146(f): 2:24am On Apr 03, 2021
He said "nobody can give you happiness, even money or riches, only me can make myself happy no matter what the situation is"

1 Like

Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by LuQuLuQu(m): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
That the only thing a man wants from a woman is SEX.

And it stuck!

2 Likes

Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Havesomesense(m): 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

And it stuck!

Honestly the first thing a man wants from a woman is sex but that's not the only thing

A woman that has much more to offer than sex eg, respect, playmate, friendship, can cook & loves cooking, can take good care of the house, understands when to ask for money and when not to ask for money, isn't trying to change the man from some of his habits like drinking or smoking especially when it is not affecting his personality, gives him peace of mind ( men hate nagging a lot ) and supports him in his life endeavors,
The man will love and cherish the woman. it takes a lot to keep a man not just sex, any other woman can give him sex easily & cheaply.
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by VTJN(m): 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
Havesomesense:

Honestly the first thing a man wants from a woman is sex but that's not the only thing

A woman that has much more to offer than sex eg, respect, playmate, friendship, can cook & loves cooking, can take good care of the house, understands when to ask for money and when not to ask for money, isn't trying to change the man from some of his habits like drinking or smoking especially when it is not affecting his personality, gives him peace of mind ( men hate nagging a lot ) and supports him in his life endeavors,
The man will love and cherish the woman. it takes a lot to keep a man not just sex, any other woman can give him sex easily & cheaply.
very few men possess these qualities aforementioned

Most men want nothing from women other than SEX SEX SEX

her father is a wise man, i wish most parents can inculcate this into their female kids
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Havesomesense(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
VTJN:
very few men possess these qualities aforementioned

Most men want nothing from women other than SEX SEX SEX

her father is a wise man, i wish most parents can inculcate this into their female kids

every man wants sex, I mean need sex.
However at the end, we still marry for other reasons other than just sex,

hope you get the point
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by VTJN(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
Havesomesense:

every man wants sex, I mean need sex.
However at the end, we still marry for other reasons other than just sex,

hope you get the point
then what happened to those countless ladies they had SEX with?

Some take contraceptive just to prevent pregnancy which on the long run has a devastating effect to their fertility levels

Some got pregnant and become a single mother on the long run, probably if she doesn't has other attributes you aforementioned

Some went as far as doing abortion, which obviously might have a negative effect to the lady

In summative, the lady father is a wise man, he's indeed a real man for dishing out that wise statement to his darling daughter
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Exmilitant(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
My papa used to adviced me, 'if you don't discipline yourself, the public will discipline you'. And the public did disciplined me when i did six month in prison. Rest on papa, i'm a changed and better man you'll be proud of now. Rest on...
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by zed7: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
There is time for everything.
Those days we sneak out to hang out, we also sneak their cars out. Now, we have all the time in the world but we hardly go out. We have cars but don't really drive them. Indeed, there is time for everything.
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by GboyegaD(m): 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
You bear the consequences of your actions. The glory/same/pain of your actions are for you. Family may share emotionally nonetheless, the whole buck is for you to carry.
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by slan87(m): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
My father will always tell us to move more closer to God, baba e sunmo olorun.
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Havesomesense(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2021
slan87:
My father will always tell us to move more closer to God, baba e sunmo olorun.

Likewise my father
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Craig24: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2021
Not my father but my late uncle who passed on last year; he said: my son never put a gurl in the family way when your pocket is not deep enough.
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Hayee(f): 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
My father always says back then that "honesty is the best policy", he said much more but this is what i can still remember(over 12 years now). He lived by his principles and did good to others, so sad he is no more,but anytime i visit his workplace and tell people who my father is they marvel begin to tell me the type of man he was, truly a good name is better than silver or gold.
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Havesomesense(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
Hayee:
My father always says back then that "honesty is the best policy", he said much more but this is what i can still remember(over 12 years now). He lived by his principles and did good to others, so sad he is no more,but anytime i visit his workplace and tell people who my father is they marvel begin to tell me the type of man he was, truly a good name is better than silver or gold.

may his soul Rip
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Hayee(f): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
Havesomesense:

may his soul Rip
Amen
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Haykinsofficial: 6:33am On Apr 07, 2021
Omo mi, itelorun ni baba iwa (son, be contented with wathever u have). Rest in roses, dad!
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by PlayerMeji: 6:38am On Apr 07, 2021
It is never too small when someone else is doing the giving....
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by thorpido(m): 9:45am On Apr 07, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

And it stuck!
Are you a lady?
SMH for you and your papa o.
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Havesomesense(m): 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
PlayerMeji:
It is never too small when someone else is doing the giving....

you are right
Re: What Advice Did Your Father Give To You That You Cherish So Much by Havesomesense(m): 6:26am On Apr 08, 2021
GboyegaD:
You bear the consequences of your actions. The glory/same/pain of your actions are for you. Family may share emotionally nonetheless, the whole buck is for you to carry.

Wise man

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Me What Would You Do / Are Women Better Parents Than Men? / IVF Xmas Bonanza For Awaiting Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.