Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Questions On The Bible - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions On The Bible (1935 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions On The Bible by GeneralDae: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ihedinobi3

As I said, I don't know anything that makes it wrong for one person to buy another person's debts and pay them, do you? If you do, why don't you share it here?
As a judge, when you are in court and you have to condemn a criminal, then you rather sentenced your innocent son to death in place of the criminal, how does this work? is that justice? or can you give a better analogy to explain your position?

If Jesus took responsibility for all the sins of such a person, then that person's sins have been completely answered for. If such a person accepts this Sacrifice made in his behalf, then he is free to come back into God's embrace as God's child.
So all a murderer or rapist have to do is accept that someone took his/her place and paid the penalty? If they do, how does this solve the problem of sin?

What would be unfair would be to punish such a person again after Jesus already suffered his punishment.
Take a murderer for instance who escapes the law and human courts, then believes in Jesus blood sacrifice, are you saying the murderer would never suffer the penalty both from God and men but rather enjoy long life, prosperity on earth, then go to heaven? If that is your premise, then tell me how is that justice to the family of the murdered or to the one who was raped?

If, however, you are raising the issue of temporal justice, then God's forgiveness of sin does not absolve anyone of responsibility for their crimes here on earth. A murderer will still be executed under the law here on earth, but he will not be denied eternity with God if he became a believer in Jesus Christ and remained one until death.
What about a murderer who could get away with it? For example an Emperor who is answerable to no one, committing so many crimes, and then accepted the sacrifice of jesus on his dying bed?
Re: Questions On The Bible by Ihedinobi3: 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
GeneralDae:
Ihedinobi3

As a judge, when you are in court and you have to condemn a criminal, and then you rather sentence your innocent son to death in place of the criminal, how does this work? is that justice? or can you give a better analogy to explain your position?

So all a murderer or rapist have to do is accept that someone took his/her place and paid the penalty? If they do, how does this solve the problem of sin?

Take a murderer for instance who escapes the law and human courts, then believes in Jesus blood sacrifice, are you saying the murderer would never suffer the penalty both from God and men but rather enjoy long life, prosperity on earth, then go to heaven? If that is your premise, then tell me how is that justice to the family of the murdered or to the one who was raped?

What about a murderer who could get away with it? For example an Emperor who is answerable to no one, committing so many crimes, and then accepted the sacrifice of jesus on his dying bed?

I have no interest in your questions since they ignore what you are responding to. If you want answers to your questions, read the post again.

For now, I must leave the conversation. I already told you to hold to what you believe or don't believe if you like. It's your right and responsibility, not mine. There is no benefit in engaging you any further. You have no interest in my faith. And I have no interest in your rejection of the Gospel.

For what it is worth, I wish you cheer in your life.
Re: Questions On The Bible by GeneralDae: 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

I have no interest in your questions since they ignore what you are responding to. If you want answers to your questions, read the post again.

For now, I must leave the conversation. I already told you to hold to what you believe or don't believe if you like. It's your right and responsibility, not mine. There is no benefit in engaging you any further. You have no interest in my faith. And I have no interest in your rejection of the Gospel.

For what it is worth, I wish you cheer in your life.
Lol, I know they are difficult questions, but I assure you they are genuine questions and I have never met a Christian who understood these things, they just preach saying: Accept that jesus died for your sins and you are saved. They call this the gospel.

However when you read the books of the gospels, jesus speaks more about the kingdom of God and tells stories about it.

As for the problem of sin, jesus already gave us the solution- Repent and also forgive others who trespass against you, then God would forgive you. Even in Acts 3 ( the first preaching of the gospel after christ), peter only tells them to repent and be baptized, no where in that sermon do we see reference to a blood sacrifice for sin. Think about it, if believing in blood sacrifice to God for sin was the core of the gospel, peter under the influence of the spirit would miss no opportunity to sing it aloud in the first ever teaching of the gospel after the resurrection.
Re: Questions On The Bible by Ihedinobi3: 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
GeneralDae:

Lol, I know they are difficult questions, but I assure you they are genuine questions and I have never met a Christian who understood these things, they just preach saying: Accept that jesus died for your sins and you are saved. They call this the gospel.

Rather when you read the book of the gospels, jesus speaks more about the kingdom of God and tells stories about it.

For the problem of sin, jesus already gave us the solution- Repent and also forgive others who trespass against you. Even in Acts 3 ( the first preaching of the gospel after christ), peter only tells them to repent and be baptized, no where in that sermon do we see reference to a blood sacrifice for sin. Think about it, if believing in blood sacrifice to God for sin was the core of the gospel, peter under the influence of the spirit would miss no opportunity to sing it aloud in the first ever teaching of the gospel after the resurrection.

I'm breaking my rule for once. Whenever I leave a conversation, I endeavor to stay out of it no matter what.

The difficulty is not with your questions. I already answered them in the post you responded to with them.

I don't care what you believe, so I don't plan to waste my time engaging it. I only engaged you because you lied that there is no place in the Gospels where the Bible says that Jesus came to die for the sins of the world.

I don't care that you believe the lies that you do. That is your business. I will help anyone learn the Gospel if they want, and I pray that God turn the unbelieving around, but I don't pretend to any ability to make people like you amenable to the truth. So I refuse to invest myself emotionally in your attitude to the truth.

This whole business of arguing to prove that you know the Bible better than Christians is not my cup of tea. You want to do it? Go right ahead. It is highly unlikely that you have read the Bible as much as I have or that you have devoted as much of your life to understanding it as I have. You are unlikely to surprise me in any challenges or subterfuge you attempt to undermine my faith. I have been through the grinder in my spiritual walk. You are hardly close to finding difficult questions to trouble me with.

Salvation is the most primary truth in the Scriptures. Even an unbeliever can understand the Gospel if they wish to be saved. It's not even remotely confusing. If you wanted to ask difficult questions, you should have tried Eschatology.
Re: Questions On The Bible by GeneralDae: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

I'm breaking my rule for once. Whenever I leave a conversation, I endeavor to stay out of it no matter what.

The difficulty is not with your questions. I already answered them in the post you responded to with them.

I don't care what you believe, so I don't plan to waste my time engaging it. I only engaged you because you lied that there is no place in the Gospels where the Bible says that Jesus came to die for the sins of the world.

I don't care that you believe the lies that you do. That is your business. I will help anyone learn the Gospel if they want, and I pray that God turn the unbelieving around, but I don't pretend to any ability to make people like you amenable to the truth. So I refuse to invest myself emotionally in your attitude to the truth.

This whole business of arguing to prove that you know the Bible better than Christians is not my cup of tea. You want to do it? Go right ahead. It is highly unlikely that you have read the Bible as much as I have or that you have devoted as much of your life to understanding it as I have. You are unlikely to surprise me in any challenges or subterfuge you attempt to undermine my faith. I have been through the grinder in my spiritual walk. You are hardly close to finding difficult questions to trouble me with.

Salvation is the most primary truth in the Scriptures. Even an unbeliever can understand the Gospel if they wish to be saved. It's not even remotely confusing. If you wanted to ask difficult questions, you should have tried Eschatology.
But you didn't answer me, wasn't trying to win an arguement. Just asking questions.
Re: Questions On The Bible by Ihedinobi3: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
GeneralDae:

But you didn't answer me, wasn't trying to win an arguement. Just asking questions.

Well, since this is the third time that I'm telling you that I answered your questions in the post you responded to, I'll rest from the conversation. Delude yourself as you please. It's not my problem, only yours.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie / The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error / Knowing God's Doings,his Way's And God Himself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.