Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,615 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Goodbye Yinka! A Tribute To Yinka Odumakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodbye Yinka! A Tribute To Yinka Odumakin (263 Views)

Joe Okei-Odumakin Celebrates Yinka Odumakin's 3rd Death Anniversary At OAU / Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / Yinka Odumakin: Boko Haram Can Invite El-Rufai To Their AGM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Goodbye Yinka! A Tribute To Yinka Odumakin by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:38am On Apr 04, 2021
Goodbye England's rose
May you ever grow in our hearts
You were the grace that placed itself
Where lives were torn apart
You called out to our country
And you whispered to those in pain
Now you belong to heaven
And the stars spell out your name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall here
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend ever will

Loveliness we've lost
These empty days without your smile
This torch we'll always carry
For our nation's golden child
And even though we try
The truth brings us to tears
All our words cannot express
The joy you brought us through the years
And it seems to me you lived your life
Likeā€¦

I dedicate this song of Elton John to late princess Diana to you

Yinka Odumakin is gone, Afenifere is dead!!!

Who will speak for the common man, who will speak for the masses

Only a courageous man can dare politicians and speak truth to them like Yinka Odumakin

Yinka, we only hear about honesty but you lived it till death!!!

Where can we find another like Yinka Yinka, omo Odumakin!!!

I never knew that Nigerians as divided and tribalized as we are now can set our differences aside to mourn you!

Your words brought hope to the hopeless, strength to the weak, courage to encourage the courageous but you left so soon!

Where can we find another like you

A leader true to it meaning
A beautiful soul, I never met
The defender of the defendless
An exemplary honest man

A testament that truthful beings still exist in Nigeria

Wake up! Odumakin, I would have said but I know that just like Dora Akunyili, Ada Adevoh, peaceful Yaradua, you live on!

Continue to rest in peace, a hero who never wore a cape but surpassed the immaginery heroes in capes!

You have impressed boldness in the heart of people! You have done your bit, Yinka!

Rest on! A true leader.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodbye Yinka! A Tribute To Yinka Odumakin by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:07am On Apr 05, 2021
Seun, lala, mynd do the needful abeg! We need to celebrate people like Yinka Odumakin

(1) (Reply)

Odumeje Is Fake' Prophet Chinonso / Re : Konshisha: Nigerian Army 11 Soldiers Killed - My Observation / NANS Endorses Soludo Governorship Bid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.